« Reply #225 on: August 28, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »

set for company.
You are already fitting right into the population down there, man that looks like a nice set-up.

What is to be your first Florida Cigar????

« Reply #226 on: August 28, 2014, 02:21:50 PM »

Just ordered 18BF of Spanish Cedar for the new tower!
What humidification are you going to use?
The Oasis Magna has my eye, might get a smaller one.
http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigar+oasis+magna/item+44074
I say go with the larger size.....and get a number of extra fans.
Will do!  I have 2 extra fans at home from the Oasis I used to have and will get those setup and pickup a couple more!
Not expensive and does a lot to optimize uniform humidity.

« Reply #227 on: August 28, 2014, 02:22:12 PM »

Just ordered 18BF of Spanish Cedar for the new tower!
What is a board foot exactly?
http://www.woodworkerssource.com/board_foot_calculator.php
It's essentially the volume of wood...example: a 12" wide, by 12" length, by 1" thick is 1BF
Right, so what is the dimension of what you bought? Random but all the same thickness?
Correct.  It's a minimum of 4" thick and a max of 6' long.  Since it's just the lining I am not too picky about the individual board sizes, more worries about covering up all of the hard wood with SC.
Gotcha, so you have some work to do once it arrives
The outside 3/4" hardwood, which I am using Tiger Maple for, will be similar.  But I am buying that locally and picking out specific boards.
Oh, I didn't realize you were building the entire thing yourself, nice. You'll have to post pics. I thought you were fitting-out an existing cabinet for some reason

« Reply #228 on: August 28, 2014, 02:23:07 PM »

[...]
That was my previous project, converting a replica antique ice chest...this will be a brand new tower :) MWeber is coming to help as well

« Reply #229 on: August 28, 2014, 02:23:14 PM »

set for company.
You are already fitting right into the population down there, man that looks like a nice set-up.

What is to be your first Florida Cigar????
You mean his first homecoming cigar....I think he already had an EPC after crossing the border.

« Reply #230 on: August 28, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »

Just ordered 18BF of Spanish Cedar for the new tower!
What humidification are you going to use?
The Oasis Magna has my eye, might get a smaller one.
http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigar+oasis+magna/item+44074
I say go with the larger size.....and get a number of extra fans.
Will do!  I have 2 extra fans at home from the Oasis I used to have and will get those setup and pickup a couple more!
Not expensive and does a lot to optimize uniform humidity.
Should have bought that yesterday with my order...fuck me

« Reply #231 on: August 28, 2014, 02:24:02 PM »

Just ordered 18BF of Spanish Cedar for the new tower!
What humidification are you going to use?
The Oasis Magna has my eye, might get a smaller one.
http://www.famous-smoke.com/cigar+oasis+magna/item+44074
I say go with the larger size.....and get a number of extra fans.
Will do!  I have 2 extra fans at home from the Oasis I used to have and will get those setup and pickup a couple more!
Not expensive and does a lot to optimize uniform humidity.
Should have bought that yesterday with my order...fuck me
Ohh backordered, fml
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #232 on: August 28, 2014, 02:24:38 PM »

[...]

There is is. Figured it was just a matter of time before the 'MWeber' drop.

« Reply #233 on: August 28, 2014, 02:26:08 PM »

[...]

Ohh geeeeezzzzzzz

« Reply #234 on: August 28, 2014, 02:27:01 PM »

Are there any other options for fan kits...these things are damn near rape for the $$.  Anyone ever do the same thing with computer fans?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2014, 02:28:00 PM »

[...]

Do you call him that in person?  Is is moo-weber?  Mmm-weber?  Or is the M silent?

I only get to participate in one of the two bitch/grievance days so GFY.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #236 on: August 28, 2014, 02:31:11 PM »

Are there any other options for fan kits...these things are damn near rape for the $$.  Anyone ever do the same thing with computer fans?

 I just got an additional set of these:  http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_HYDRA-SMFANKIT.html

Not sure if that's what you're talking about or not.  My humidity levels tend to stay very close to each other throughout the unit, though, so I don't think I even have them plugged in at the moment.  And I don't mind humidity levels being a bit different throughout since some cigars I know for a fact I like dryer than others, and others that don't hold up well at the lower levels.  Also the cheapy hygrometers - and yes, even the digital ones are just 'less crappy' than the analogs - are only so accurate, ya know?  I truthfully don't worry about it all that much so long as everything I pull out burns right and it's in an 'acceptable range'.

« Reply #237 on: August 28, 2014, 02:32:07 PM »

[...]

Usually Mike, sometimes Webby, or Web, or MWebs, or Webster, or Webba, just whatever rolls off the tongue.  "Emm-Weber"

« Reply #238 on: August 28, 2014, 02:33:38 PM »

[...]

I think I will probably install the Magna, with the 2 fans it includes, and then leave spots to add more.  I don't think I have one of those switches, just the fans and ribbon cords...will check tonight.

« Reply #239 on: August 28, 2014, 02:34:49 PM »

[...]

There are two now?