« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2014, 11:28:15 AM »

Interesting.....5 Vegas usually move.....maybe the jam is stuck again.

« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2014, 11:30:19 AM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
How the internship goin Joe?

It's going.  Still going through various trainings and reading all the procedural manuals and whatnot.  The gov't is thorough to a fault, to put it kindly.  Haven't really gotten a chance to do much 'finance' stuff yet.
Are you working for a local municipality or regional/national gov't agency?  Nothing more fun than policy manuals...NOT!

County of San Diego.  The various manuals/orientations are absurd.  I doubt anyone who's ever gone through them would disagree... be much more tolerable if I could drink beers while reading through them but the government seems to frown on that sort of thing.
Geez, sounds like a prison

No drinking, no two hour smoke breaks, no rampant use of the internet... what am I supposed to do all day?
Not sure but much like the Dean relocation, it'll be interesting to see what happens
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #137 on: August 28, 2014, 11:31:14 AM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
Going to give a new one a try or back to one of the standards?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #138 on: August 28, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
Going to give a new one a try or back to one of the standards?

Hmm... everything I'd typed to go with that disappeared.  Nice site, Tony.  I want to start trying more of Alpine Beer Co's stuff.  Not too available around town but the IPAs I've had have been awesome.

« Reply #139 on: August 28, 2014, 11:39:51 AM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
Going to give a new one a try or back to one of the standards?
The Pure Hoppiness is calling to me

« Reply #140 on: August 28, 2014, 11:40:44 AM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
Going to give a new one a try or back to one of the standards?

Hmm... everything I'd typed to go with that disappeared.  Nice site, Tony.  I want to start trying more of Alpine Beer Co's stuff.  Not too available around town but the IPAs I've had have been awesome.
At least we got the site's midnight intro fixed
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #141 on: August 28, 2014, 11:42:21 AM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
Going to give a new one a try or back to one of the standards?
The Pure Hoppiness is calling to me

They have Exponential Hoppiness bottled now. 11% ABV ipa. People line up before it opens just to buy it. Might get some of that, too. I also want to try their stout.

« Reply #142 on: August 28, 2014, 11:51:06 AM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
Going to give a new one a try or back to one of the standards?
The Pure Hoppiness is calling to me
Irish Red and Captain Stout catch my eye.

They have Exponential Hoppiness bottled now. 11% ABV ipa. People line up before it opens just to buy it. Might get some of that, too. I also want to try their stout.

« Reply #143 on: August 28, 2014, 11:53:12 AM »

Interesting.....5 Vegas usually move.....maybe the jam is stuck again.
Pallet sale?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #144 on: August 28, 2014, 11:57:09 AM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
Going to give a new one a try or back to one of the standards?
The Pure Hoppiness is calling to me

I would also put Nelson above Sculpin and Grapefruit Slam when it comes to citrusy IPAs. It's like drinking juice. Love it. Can't remember my thoughts on Pure Hoppiness and Duet, which I've also had. Never had anything else from them.

« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2014, 11:59:37 AM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
Going to give a new one a try or back to one of the standards?
The Pure Hoppiness is calling to me

I would also put Nelson above Sculpin and Grapefruit Slam when it comes to citrusy IPAs. It's like drinking juice. Love it. Can't remember my thoughts on Pure Hoppiness and Duet, which I've also had. Never had anything else from them.
SHUT UP! It's really that good?

« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2014, 12:00:27 PM »

Interesting.....5 Vegas usually move.....maybe the jam is stuck again.
Pallet sale?
Certainly looks like a bountiful supply of the Bullion, morning Mike
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #147 on: August 28, 2014, 12:01:13 PM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
Going to give a new one a try or back to one of the standards?
The Pure Hoppiness is calling to me

I would also put Nelson above Sculpin and Grapefruit Slam when it comes to citrusy IPAs. It's like drinking juice. Love it. Can't remember my thoughts on Pure Hoppiness and Duet, which I've also had. Never had anything else from them.
SHUT UP! It's really that good?

I think so. Consensus seems to agree: http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3120/32286/

« Reply #148 on: August 28, 2014, 12:02:41 PM »

Morning, all.  Love Thursdays, already thinking the brewery visit(s) after work.
How the internship goin Joe?

It's going.  Still going through various trainings and reading all the procedural manuals and whatnot.  The gov't is thorough to a fault, to put it kindly.  Haven't really gotten a chance to do much 'finance' stuff yet.
Are you working for a local municipality or regional/national gov't agency?  Nothing more fun than policy manuals...NOT!

County of San Diego.  The various manuals/orientations are absurd.  I doubt anyone who's ever gone through them would disagree... be much more tolerable if I could drink beers while reading through them but the government seems to frown on that sort of thing.
Geez, sounds like a prison
Minus the constant fear of being raped when you bend over or shanked when your back isn't against the wall...other than that it sounds pretty similar tho :)

« Reply #149 on: August 28, 2014, 12:04:18 PM »

[...]

Speaking of getting raped or shanked, where's Dean?