« Reply #225 on: August 26, 2014, 01:14:41 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Something tells me you can't light up at Jester King, though.  Not in Austin per se, but still wouldn't be surprised.
I would certainly doubt it too.

Olive oils and vinegars, no smoking... sounds like California.
Just a suburb of San Jose here, sometimes referred to as San Jose East.  +/- 120-130 people a day move to Austin and most of them are from California.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #226 on: August 26, 2014, 01:16:37 PM »

[...]

I'm not a huge fan of 'northern' California, which is basically anything north of San Luis Obispo.  Anything north of Sacramento is a whole different planet.

« Reply #227 on: August 26, 2014, 01:24:24 PM »

[...]

Been there.  Worked on the road into Sequoia National Park for 7 months and saw a fair amount of the state during that time.  Great weather and beautiful places all over but not much else for me. Hell outside of Hollywood you might be the only cigar smoker in the state or at least the only one that admits it.  Lived in Three Rivers and it was a pretty neat little place but that was also 20 years ago.

« Reply #228 on: August 26, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »

deadbeat boy just left. stopped to say goodbye and wish me well.
Guess the only one you'll be sad to leave is your daughter.
other than my daughter there's nothing much in NY that I'll miss.
Let's talk in 6 months when you've had it with the Elio-like pizza.
LOL, that's the truth. Went to Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza for the 1st time yesterday, fantastic. Had the sausage/broccoli rabe pie, so friggin' good
I've heard nothing but great reviews for that place.  We have a couple of them close by but I have yet to try it.
Well, time to get with the program, don't you think?
Speaking of programs, when's our next outing?
Yeah!?
Well, there's next Tuesday in Union....
What's your suggestion?  I have a lot more flexibility than you two.
When are you gonna be in town again?  I can't do next Tuesday but I was thinking we could do the following:

http://cartonbrewing.com/#!/#contact

And then go somewhere cigar friendly afterwards.
Well douches?  Nothing?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #229 on: August 26, 2014, 01:29:51 PM »

[...]

Legalize marijuana, make tobacco illegal.  Go figure.  I just buy and smoke and let the politicians deal with that nonsense.  If cigars disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow I'd have plenty to smoke for a long time.
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #230 on: August 26, 2014, 01:31:02 PM »

last minute running around done. now to relax and wait for golf.
Only 18 Holes and 18 Hours till liftoff.
league night, only 9 holes.

« Reply #231 on: August 26, 2014, 01:35:28 PM »

[...]

That's a bit of a hike Tony
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #232 on: August 26, 2014, 01:38:00 PM »

[...]

He'll pick you up.

« Reply #233 on: August 26, 2014, 01:40:12 PM »

[...]

Right? He's late to places a lot closer than this one
Logged

dwgbryant

« Reply #234 on: August 26, 2014, 01:44:49 PM »

there, EVERYTHING is loaded and ready to go.

« Reply #235 on: August 26, 2014, 01:45:32 PM »

[...]

It's about 40 minutes from my work and that puts me 1 hour from home. We're better off doing the HE event in Union

« Reply #236 on: August 26, 2014, 01:47:05 PM »

[...]

I was born in San Jose.  Kinda surprised many people would make the connection between Austin and San Jose. I see the connection, just surprised the rest of the world picks up on it.  It's probably more accurate to call Austin "Palo Alto East", but I'd expect even fewer people to make that connection.

« Reply #237 on: August 26, 2014, 01:48:11 PM »

Kind of early for the jam to start repeating, no?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2014, 01:49:04 PM »

Kind of early for the jam to start repeating, no?

Haven't been following, but they went a bit overboard in the touching up of the Camacho Liberty picture...

« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2014, 01:51:12 PM »

Kind of early for the jam to start repeating, no?

Haven't been following, but they went a bit overboard in the touching up of the Camacho Liberty picture...
Yeah, looks like they clear-coated that thing