« Reply #210 on: August 26, 2014, 12:40:20 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Sounds lovely, why don't you guys pack a picnic basket and make a day of it!
Don't need a picnik basket got a great pizza place with 19 taps right by the brewery.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #211 on: August 26, 2014, 12:42:14 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Sounds lovely, why don't you guys pack a picnic basket and make a day of it!
Don't need a picnik basket got a great pizza place with 19 taps right by the brewery.

I hate beer.

« Reply #212 on: August 26, 2014, 12:45:57 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Sounds lovely, why don't you guys pack a picnic basket and make a day of it!
Don't need a picnik basket got a great pizza place with 19 taps right by the brewery.

I hate beer.
Figures, if I had tasted that mint chocolate crap I probably would too.

« Reply #213 on: August 26, 2014, 12:46:08 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Sounds lovely, why don't you guys pack a picnic basket and make a day of it!
Don't need a picnik basket got a great pizza place with 19 taps right by the brewery.
Looks pretty damn good actually

« Reply #214 on: August 26, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Sounds lovely, why don't you guys pack a picnic basket and make a day of it!
Don't need a picnik basket got a great pizza place with 19 taps right by the brewery.

I hate beer.
Uh-oh, did you tour a winery this weekend or something?

« Reply #215 on: August 26, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Sounds lovely, why don't you guys pack a picnic basket and make a day of it!
Don't need a picnik basket got a great pizza place with 19 taps right by the brewery.

I hate beer.
Uh-oh, did you tour a winery this weekend or something?
That's what I was thinking.... Maybe we'll have a run of Pinot Noirs...

« Reply #216 on: August 26, 2014, 12:53:18 PM »

Is it Wednesday yet?
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #217 on: August 26, 2014, 12:54:40 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Sounds lovely, why don't you guys pack a picnic basket and make a day of it!
Don't need a picnik basket got a great pizza place with 19 taps right by the brewery.

I hate beer.
Uh-oh, did you tour a winery this weekend or something?

Just kidding.  Though if that Mint Chocolate Porter was the first beer I'd ever had, it'd also have been my last.  Currently pricing growlers/fills from Alpine Beer Co.  Little better deal than bottles.  Growlers seem to be 64 ounces for the price of 44oz in bottles.  Buy two get one free, basically.  Gotta get the labor day drinking plans in order.

« Reply #218 on: August 26, 2014, 12:58:23 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Something tells me you can't light up at Jester King, though.  Not in Austin per se, but still wouldn't be surprised.

« Reply #219 on: August 26, 2014, 12:59:08 PM »

[...]

I like where your head's at. I just checked Joe Canal's tap list, still nothing growler worthy though. Still summer

« Reply #220 on: August 26, 2014, 01:00:40 PM »

Is it Wednesday yet?
Why, is that some sort of gold/yellow star holiday/event/commemoration?

« Reply #221 on: August 26, 2014, 01:01:14 PM »

Is it Wednesday yet?
Why, is that some sort of gold/yellow star holiday/event/commemoration?
Just 1 day closer to the weekend :)
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #222 on: August 26, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »

[...]

The thing that makes Alpine Beer's growlers attractive is that MOST of their beer is only available that way.  They bottle a handful of their beers but not regularly, and you can pretty much only find them at the brewery.  If I'm gonna drive out there for a beer or two that I'm gonna drink that day, may as well just go with a growler. And even their more limited bottlings are almost always available in a growler.  They're a real small brewery.  Somewhere like Ballast Point, on the other hand, mostly only has their regular stuff in growlers, so there's no sense in driving all the way out there to save a couple bucks on a bulk purchase.

« Reply #223 on: August 26, 2014, 01:02:16 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Something tells me you can't light up at Jester King, though.  Not in Austin per se, but still wouldn't be surprised.
I would certainly doubt it too.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #224 on: August 26, 2014, 01:09:06 PM »

Now here boys is the perfect combination - one of the best Pizza's in town with a fine brewery next door i am told.  Will be testing it all out as soon as the weather cools a bit.

http://jesterkingbrewery.com/

http://stanleysfarmhousepizza.com/
Wouldn't mind at all joining you there.  Jester King was featured recently in Texas Highways.
Well we will put a visit together.  Only about 15-20 minutes from home for me.
More like an hour for me.  Probably why I've never been there.
There is an olive farm down near there too that has wonderful quality olive oils and balsamic vinagers.
Something tells me you can't light up at Jester King, though.  Not in Austin per se, but still wouldn't be surprised.
I would certainly doubt it too.

Olive oils and vinegars, no smoking... sounds like California.