CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: 3/28/2022  (Read 2199 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 3/28/2022
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2022, 10:55:03 AM »

Todays Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8
Spot on.

Morning, QueerConfusionDave.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2022, 10:56:20 AM »

Hope Oscars will now give up on trying to be hip and cool and return to the formal and stuffy.  No more DJ and house band, adding rap verses to songs that didn't originally have them, and celebrating anniversaries of movies that weren't good in the first place.  [White Men Can't Jump....really?]

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2022, 10:57:23 AM »

morning Daves and Tony. another rough RA day.
72° heading to low 80's with plenty of sun.
hottub, cigars, coffee, and sun day for me.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2022, 10:58:37 AM »

Hope Oscars will now give up on trying to be hip and cool and return to the formal and stuffy.  No more DJ and house band, adding rap verses to songs that didn't originally have them, and celebrating anniversaries of movies that weren't good in the first place.  [White Men Can't Jump....really?]
Their problem is the formal and stuffy crowd is dying off, so they're trying to appeal to the Oscar viewers of the next 50 years. In fact, last night was the first time a movie that premiered on a streaming service won for Best Picture. It's a brave new world out there.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2022, 10:59:06 AM »

morning Daves and Tony. another rough RA day.
72° heading to low 80's with plenty of sun.
hottub, cigars, coffee, and sun day for me.
Sounds like a decent enough day, except for the RA. Morning, LoungingAroundAllDayDean.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2022, 11:00:02 AM »

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2022, 11:05:07 AM »

Their problem is the formal and stuffy crowd is dying off, so they're trying to appeal to the Oscar viewers of the next 50 years. In fact, last night was the first time a movie that premiered on a streaming service won for Best Picture. It's a brave new world out there.
Well, streaming services are new too, so ....
Yea, I get what you're saying, but begging for an audience like that rarely works.  Just like those "fan poll" top movies...
Bad enough that I don't know and haven't/won't see most of the Oscar nominated movies, but when I don't even know the "fan favorites"  maybe it's time to put me out to pasture.  # 1 action sequence was Flash slo mo running into some white light?  Don't even know what movie that was...

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2022, 11:12:13 AM »

Morning, muchachos.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2022, 11:14:04 AM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2022, 11:16:05 AM »

Yea, I get what you're saying, but begging for an audience like that rarely works.  Just like those "fan poll" top movies...
Bad enough that I don't know and haven't/won't see most of the Oscar nominated movies, but when I don't even know the "fan favorites"  maybe it's time to put me out to pasture.  # 1 action sequence was Flash slo mo running into some white light?  Don't even know what movie that was...
I get it, I'm the same way with movies. I don't know what was up for any award, and I'm sure I didn't see any of them. I didn't say it would or is working, only that it's the reason they're trying to jazz it up a bit. I guess the ratings will be the true tell. Though, any ratings bump after the slap should probably get discounted when reviewing the overall picture. :D

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2022, 11:16:15 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page3Raz.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2022, 11:24:10 AM »

I get it, I'm the same way with movies. I don't know what was up for any award, and I'm sure I didn't see any of them. I didn't say it would or is working, only that it's the reason they're trying to jazz it up a bit. I guess the ratings will be the true tell. Though, any ratings bump after the slap should probably get discounted when reviewing the overall picture. :D
Generally, I am in the same boat. I did however, see Tick, Tick, Boom!, which I thought was very good.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2022, 11:24:40 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, ClemsoneDave, Dean, and Bret.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2022, 11:29:34 AM »

Todays Over/Under is 5
Raz Over/Under is 8
Only 7.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member