Pages: 1 [2] 3

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2023, 10:41:17 AM »

Ten years ago: Ex-convict Nicholas T. Sheley, suspected in eight grisly slayings in two states, was arrested outside a bar in Granite City, Ill. (Sheley is serving multiple life sentences.) The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Denver agreed to pay $5.5 million to settle 18 more claims by people who said they’d been sexually abused by priests when they were children. Clay Felker, founding editor of New York magazine, died at age 82.

Five years ago: Mexican voters, angry over corruption and violence, elected leftist Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador as president. Canada began imposing tariffs on $12.6 billion in U.S. goods as retaliation for the Trump administration’s new taxes on steel and aluminum imported to the United States. LeBron James announced that he would be signing with the Los Angeles Lakers, leaving Cleveland for the second time in his career.

One year ago: The U.S. announced it would provide Ukraine with $820 million in new military aid, including new surface-to-air missile systems and counter-artillery radars, to respond to Russia’s heavy reliance on long-range strikes in the war. American basketball star Brittney Griner went on trial in Russia after her arrest on charges of possessing cannabis oil while returning to play for a team there, in a case that unfolded amid tense relations between Moscow and Washington. (Griner would be found guilty and sentenced to nine years in prison, but would be released months later in a U.S.-Russia prisoner exchange). Canadian rock legend Randy Bachman was reunited in Tokyo with a cherished guitar, ending a 45-year search after it was stolen from a Toronto hotel.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2023, 10:42:24 AM »

Friday nights are starting to get expensive. For the last two weeks a friend/neighbor had us over for dinner and we wound up drinking a whole bottle of bourbon. Last week it was Jack Daniel's Bonded. This week it was Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. We'll be downing a bottle of Pappy before you know it.
Never been a fan of Jack.  Woodford Reserve on the other hand...

Next time you're at the liquor store look for Whistle Pig Summerstock "Pit Viper"

I've had Whistle Pig before but probably not the Pit Viper. I'll definitely look for it.

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2023, 10:43:51 AM »

Friday nights are starting to get expensive. For the last two weeks a friend/neighbor had us over for dinner and we wound up drinking a whole bottle of bourbon. Last week it was Jack Daniel's Bonded. This week it was Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. We'll be downing a bottle of Pappy before you know it.
At least you don't have to pay for dinner?
Yep, no complaints here.

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2023, 10:45:17 AM »

TODAY’S BIRTHDAYS

Actor-dancer Leslie Caron is 92.
Actor Jean Marsh is 89.
Actor Jamie Farr is 89.
Cookiemaker Wally Amos is 87.
Dancer-choreographer Twyla Tharp is 82.
Actor Genevieve Bujold is 81.
Rock singer-actor Deborah Harry is 78.
Movie-TV producer-director Michael Pressman is 73.
Actor Daryl Anderson is 72.
Actor Trevor Eve is 72.
Actor Terrence Mann is 72.
Rock singer Fred Schneider (B-52s) is 72.
Pop singer Victor Willis (Village People) is 72.
Actor-comedian Dan Aykroyd is 71.
Actor Lorna Patterson is 67.
Actor Alan Ruck is 67.
Mystery novelist Louise Penny is 65.
R&B singer Evelyn “Champagne” King is 63.
Olympic gold medal track star Carl Lewis is 62.
Country singer Michelle Wright is 62.
Actor Andre Braugher is 61.
Actor Dominic Keating is 61.
Actor Pamela Anderson is 56.
Rock musician Mark Pirro is 53.
 Rock musician Franny Griffiths (Space) is 53.
Actor Henry Simmons is 53.
Hip-hop artist Missy Elliott is 52.
Actor Julianne Nicholson is 52.
Actor Melissa Peterman is 52.
 Actor/writer Jill Kargman is 49.
Rock musician Bryan Devendorf (The National) is 48.
Singer/songwriter Sufjan Stevens is 48.
Actor Thomas Sadoski is 47.
Actor Liv Tyler is 46.
Actor Hilarie Burton is 41.
Actor Lynsey Bartilson is 40.
Actor Lea Seydoux is 38.
Actor Evan Ellingson is 35.
Actors Andrew and Steven Cavarno are 31.
Actor/singer Chloe Bailey is 25.
Actor Storm Reid is 20.

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2023, 10:45:42 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 13

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2023, 10:51:41 AM »

Friday nights are starting to get expensive. For the last two weeks a friend/neighbor had us over for dinner and we wound up drinking a whole bottle of bourbon. Last week it was Jack Daniel's Bonded. This week it was Woodford Reserve Double Oaked. We'll be downing a bottle of Pappy before you know it.
Never been a fan of Jack.  Woodford Reserve on the other hand...

Next time you're at the liquor store look for Whistle Pig Summerstock "Pit Viper"

I've had Whistle Pig before but probably not the Pit Viper. I'll definitely look for it.
Pretty tasty.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2023, 11:07:09 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 13
Eight.

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2023, 11:35:44 AM »

Wordle 742 5/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛🟨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟨⬛
🟨🟨🟩⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2023, 12:40:07 PM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 13
12

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2023, 12:44:55 PM »

[...]

Fun fact - Genevieve Bujold was originally hired to play Captain Janeway on Voyager, but quit (or was fired, depending on who you believe) a little more than a day into shooting. So she shares a ST connection today to Dominic Keating, who was on Enterprise.

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2023, 12:50:19 PM »

[...]

Interesting.

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2023, 01:45:56 PM »

Trying a new recipe in the slow cooker today - white chicken chili (no beans). Middle kid is already hating dinnertime. Lol

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2023, 01:59:38 PM »

Trying a new recipe in the slow cooker today - white chicken chili (no beans). Middle kid is already hating dinnertime. Lol
I'll eat her portion.

Edit: I wouldn't mind the beans either.

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2023, 02:37:57 PM »

Trying a new recipe in the slow cooker today - white chicken chili (no beans). Middle kid is already hating dinnertime. Lol
I'll eat her portion.

Edit: I wouldn't mind the beans either.
Come on over. With the oldest gone for the weekend, we're looking at plenty of leftovers.

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2023, 06:21:51 PM »

Chili was fantastic. As predicted, the middle kid wasn't a fan, but she did eat it. Youngest was a fan, but the spice really opened up her sinuses. Lol
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3