CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: 11/29/2014  (Read 15347 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 11/29/2014
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2014, 04:09:01 PM »

Solid Clemson win. Good to get that monkey off the back!  Padron 64 earned.
Congratulations!   

A solid 76-31 LA Tech win to take the C-USA West which will hopefully get them a decent bowl game for a small program.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2014, 04:09:39 PM »

601 Warhead lit here just water to drink.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2014, 04:15:08 PM »

Buenos dias, muchachos.  Long time no see.  Still recovering from my fall of Nov 5.  They put a titanium rod through my tibia on Nov 11, the fibula they're just letting heal on its own; so too the fractured humerus, and that's the part that hurts the most now.  Coming off Oxycontin, no  matter how you manage, taper, or finesse it, is just a mean bitch.  About 8:30 last night - 18 hours after my last daily dose - I suddenly had the overwhelming need to crawl out of my skin.  Having gone through it, I'm now just giving regular ibuprofen a try to see how we do, because I don't want to deal with that withdrawal ever again.

Managed to meet up with the Consortium yesterday afternoon and smoked a couple of NRs. First cigars I've had in a month.
Hey Raz great to hear from you with a report.  Hope you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving.  I am watching football having a 601 Warhead. 

Yes those Oxy's are some nasty stuff hope you can get along without that. 

Stay in touch with us as you can we were discussing your situation a few days ago.

Awww, thanks amigo.  Sorry to be out of touch, but it's been a haze of pain and painkillers from the night of the fall until this past Wednesday morning when everything seemed to become a little more manageable.  Was hard under those circumstances to stay in touch with anybody.  Had friends and family come to visit, which was nice, but I kept nodding off.  Been a real fuster-cluck.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »

Warden called and some Dumb MF'r backed into her car at the store and bent the shit out of a rear quarter panel.  At least he came in and left his name

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2014, 04:17:25 PM »

Buenos dias, muchachos.  Long time no see.  Still recovering from my fall of Nov 5.  They put a titanium rod through my tibia on Nov 11, the fibula they're just letting heal on its own; so too the fractured humerus, and that's the part that hurts the most now.  Coming off Oxycontin, no  matter how you manage, taper, or finesse it, is just a mean bitch.  About 8:30 last night - 18 hours after my last daily dose - I suddenly had the overwhelming need to crawl out of my skin.  Having gone through it, I'm now just giving regular ibuprofen a try to see how we do, because I don't want to deal with that withdrawal ever again.

Managed to meet up with the Consortium yesterday afternoon and smoked a couple of NRs. First cigars I've had in a month.
Hey Raz great to hear from you with a report.  Hope you were able to enjoy your Thanksgiving.  I am watching football having a 601 Warhead. 

Stay in touch with us as you can we were discussing your situation a few days ago.

Awww, thanks amigo.  Sorry to be out of touch, but it's been a haze of pain and painkillers from the night of the fall until this past Wednesday morning when everything seemed to become a little more manageable.  Was hard under those circumstances to stay in touch with anybody.  Had friends and family come to visit, which was nice, but I kept nodding off.  Been a real fuster-cluck.
Are you still laid up in the bed?   You need cigars?

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2014, 04:18:17 PM »

Damn Raz.  Tough row to hoe.  Had a plate on my fibula and that was a tough one.  Can't imagine dealing with more on top of that.  Going cold turkey on OxyContin is a bitch.  Good to hear you're getting your smoke back on.  Hang in there Raz.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2014, 04:22:31 PM »

Warden called and some Dumb MF'r backed into her car at the store and bent the shit out of a rear quarter panel.  At least he came in and left his name
At least he's got some honor.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2014, 04:25:34 PM »

Did my laying up on the family room couch.  I can be up and about for a few hours, but I get winded and crutching makes the fractured arm hurt so then I'm back on the couch.  I'm pretty well stocked for cigars, but it was very nice of you to ask.  I suppose I've been missing all kinds of Black Friday deals?

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2014, 04:25:40 PM »

At least he's got some honor.
Amen always admire that.  High School boy had his license 4 months, was real nice.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »

Damn Raz.  Tough row to hoe.  Had a plate on my fibula and that was a tough one.  Can't imagine dealing with more on top of that.  Going cold turkey on OxyContin is a bitch.  Good to hear you're getting your smoke back on.  Hang in there Raz.
Thanks, Mikey.  Yeah, it's been a hell of an experience.  Not one I'd care to repeat.  Certainly proved that at age 49 I no longer bounce.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2014, 04:28:40 PM »

Did my laying up on the family room couch.  I can be up and about for a few hours, but I get winded and crutching makes the fractured arm hurt so then I'm back on the couch.  I'm pretty well stocked for cigars, but it was very nice of you to ask.  I suppose I've been missing all kinds of Black Friday deals?
You have not missed anything on the cigar deals and I mean nothing.  If you need smokes delivered just let us know.   

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2014, 04:38:26 PM »

You have not missed anything on the deals and I mean nothing.  If you need smokes delivered just let us know.
There have been some great Black Friday Gun Deals though.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2014, 04:47:09 PM »

You have not missed anything on the cigar deals and I mean nothing.  If you need smokes delivered just let us know.
  Well that's oddly disappointing.  Not that I can spare any cash for cigars right now anyway, but no Black Whatever deals?  Sheesh.  Double sheesh. 

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2014, 04:48:46 PM »

You have not missed anything on the deals and I mean nothing.  If you need smokes delivered just let us know.
There have been some great Black Friday Gun Deals though.
  I'm sure.  Can't afford any of those right now either.  Unless somebody here wants to sell a Python .357.  I'd make myself afford that.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2014, 04:50:31 PM »

Thanks, Mikey.  Yeah, it's been a hell of an experience.  Not one I'd care to repeat.  Certainly proved that at age 49 I no longer bounce.
Pain is definitely the 800 gorilla in the room.  You'll scar up and hair over in no time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7