Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

  • Administrator
7/22/2019
« on: July 22, 2019, 12:00:04 AM »

Monday, already?!? Are there any cigar deals out there today to be had? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... Happy Monday and welcome aboard!

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 05:01:48 AM »

Morning Slackers, another scorcher today for us but we should see improvement here on Wednesday.

55,000 posts and I don’t even get any fancy new stars☹️

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2019, 05:23:47 AM »

Per information provided by a close family friend of his I learned more about the young man (26 years old) below us that passed away yesterday following a car wreck Friday.

He was headed down a 60 mph 4 lane divided highway when a car pulled out in front of him from a side road.  He swerved and actually missed that car but another vehicle in the other lane clipped the corner of his truck spinning him around at which time the truck began rolling, the vehicle rolled over 7 times ejecting him out onto the highway.  During that period his vehicle traveled over 100 yards down the highway.  No, he was not wearing a seatbelt.

He died from traumatic brain damage, his brain was not functioning when he arrived at the hospital and they kept him on life support for 48 hours before determining there was no hope of any recovery.

Nicholas Newbern was a very nice young man and a dedicated father that worked hard at his profession as a Metal Fabricator.

RIP Nicholas

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2019, 05:40:39 AM »

Tugboat passing by with his spotlights shining everywhere woke me up this morning at 4:30.

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2019, 05:57:28 AM »

Morning Slackers, another scorcher today for us but we should see improvement here on Wednesday.

55,000 posts and I don’t even get any fancy new stars☹️

congratulations Dave. 🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁🎁

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2019, 06:00:21 AM »

[...]

that's too bad. hard to believe people still don't use seat belts. sad.

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2019, 06:00:49 AM »

Tugboat passing by with his spotlights shining everywhere woke me up this morning at 4:30.
Bastige!

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2019, 06:01:29 AM »

Good morning Dean and EarlyWokeDave.  Awoke too early myself.

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 06:02:04 AM »

Good morning Dean and EarlyWokeDave.  Awoke too early myself.
morning Mark.

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 06:12:28 AM »

Morning Dean & Bean

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 06:15:17 AM »

[...]

Isn’t it hard to believe, can never say for sure but based on the truck damage he would likely have suffered only minor to moderate injuries.

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 06:20:18 AM »

[...]

In a world where people think the Earth is flat, that vaccines cause autism and that climate change is #fakenews, it's not hard to believe at all, unfortunately. Hard to see someone die so young from something that was likely so preventable.

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 06:27:08 AM »

@Dave. you want Russian, Iranian, Obama, or Hillary stars?
tugboats maybe.

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 06:29:52 AM »

@Dave. you want Russian, Iranian, Obama, or Hillary stars?
tugboats maybe.
Definitely tugboats.

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 06:32:00 AM »

@Dave. you want Russian, Iranian, Obama, or Hillary stars?
tugboats maybe.
LALTS
Logged