CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: 6/29/2018  (Read 8491 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 6/29/2018
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 07:17:47 AM »

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2018, 07:22:11 AM »

Too many doctors, too many early morning appointments.
I'd trade that and hot tub time for work any day of the week.
okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
so long as you have a nice air conditioned waiting room to sit in or are you dropping it off?
Neither, I meant I'M replacing the brakes this weekend. Dealership wants $360 to do it, whereas I can do it for about $50.
Are you going to be doing this under the hot sun?

Edit: Any chance you have an air conditioned garage with a lift?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2018, 07:31:24 AM »

okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.
Morning, Dean. Have to replace the brakes on our Kia this weekend. Luckily, we're supposed to be reaching near record highs, so that oughta be a good time.
so long as you have a nice air conditioned waiting room to sit in or are you dropping it off?
Neither, I meant I'M replacing the brakes this weekend. Dealership wants $360 to do it, whereas I can do it for about $50.

Lol, no AC in the garage or a lift, but at least I'll be out of the sun. So there's that.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2018, 07:40:29 AM »

okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.

Lol, no AC in the garage or a lift, but at least I'll be out of the sun. So there's that.
Can you smoke cigars while working?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2018, 07:53:10 AM »

okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.

I could, but I imagine that would make me even hotter. Definitely something I'll take under advisement, though.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2018, 08:52:27 AM »

I received my word of the day from dictionary.com... this one is offensive and too pinko commie even for me:

Flexitarian
a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2018, 09:19:01 AM »

I received my word of the day from dictionary.com... this one is offensive and too pinko commie even for me:

Flexitarian
a person whose diet is mostly vegetarian but sometimes includes meat, fish, or poultry.
Sounds like some sort of quitter vegetarian to me.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2018, 09:23:04 AM »

Flexitarian
Sounds like most humans I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean you have to give it a "tarian".

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2018, 09:24:48 AM »

Flexitarian
Sounds like most humans I know. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't. Doesn't mean you have to give it a "tarian".
Indeed. We already have a word for that, it's omnivore.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2018, 09:34:55 AM »

Flexitarian
+1  and i happen to think Omnivore even sounds much better than Flexitarian.  That sounds more like some one who does Yoga.
  Good morning all!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2018, 09:36:35 AM »

Flexitarian
+1  and i happen to think Omnivore even sounds much better than Flexitarian.  That sounds more like some one who does Yoga.
  Good morning all!
Lol, it definitely does. Morning, Sam.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2018, 09:37:07 AM »

Free shipping at JR right now, though, for the life of me, I can't find any decent deals. Probably why they're offering free shipping.

ss2

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Summertime!!
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2018, 09:38:05 AM »

okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.

I could, but I imagine that would make me even hotter. Definitely something I'll take under advisement, though.
I would recommend doing the brakes and having the cigar as a reward afterwards when you can at least sit in the shade with a fan and that other liquid libation reward you would be due.  It's how I do it anyway.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2018, 09:47:53 AM »

okay, no arguments here.
Morning Dave.

I would recommend doing the brakes and having the cigar as a reward afterwards when you can at least sit in the shade with a fan and that other liquid libation reward you would be due.  It's how I do it anyway.
That definitely sounds like the plan to beat.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2018, 10:05:02 AM »

Flexitarian
  Good morning all!
Sam! Been waiting for you to get back on here to smoke my Decade Cameroon. Although I've smoked a couple of decent cigars, in the meantime.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7