Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 08:14:54 AM »

So what's the consensus on the big game tonight.  Watching every minute, or "meh"?

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 08:15:17 AM »

My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
I hear ya, but if there were even stories of that actually happening in reality, I don't think it would be as popular as it is.
But then again, I can't even manage to wear contacts.
I don't care if they've done it a million times in a row with no problems, you're not coming at my eyes with a laser beam. I'll take the contacts any day.
Can't say I disagree....then again, I'm old, set in my ways and afraid of this newfangled technology.
There are some things you just don't mess with. Lasers in the eyes seems like it should be at the top of that list, IMFO.

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »

Ugh! Still too cold to be waiting at a bus stop. Luckily the wait wasn't too long this morning.

Good morning, gents.
Going to be downright balmy by the end of the week.
I'm ready for the weekend.
That's a torturous approach for a Monday

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2018, 08:20:54 AM »

My daughter is getting "laser eyes" today.  Good opportunity but still a little scary.
There's absolutely no way I'd ever get that done. Something goes wrong, I don't want to be the richest blind man in Ohio.
I hear ya, but if there were even stories of that actually happening in reality, I don't think it would be as popular as it is.
But then again, I can't even manage to wear contacts.
I don't care if they've done it a million times in a row with no problems, you're not coming at my eyes with a laser beam. I'll take the contacts any day.
Can't say I disagree....then again, I'm old, set in my ways and afraid of this newfangled technology.
I got mine done about 15 years ago, one of the best things I ever did. Now that I've aged I'm getting to the point where i may need glasses again but technology has come so far that it's much safer and less invasive than it used to be

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2018, 08:25:34 AM »

[...]

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2018, 08:28:47 AM »

[...]
My sister got hers done about that many years ago and says the same thing.  The warden looked into it but decided she looks better with glasses than without.  Seems like she has about half dozen pairs to choose from, so whatever.

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2018, 08:32:47 AM »

[...]
I had contacts, didn't work well with carpentry/dust so it was really great for me. They used to actually cut your lens about 3/4 of the way around, lift it off your eye and then laser out cells. You had to hear for a few days but could see 20/20 immediately. Now there are no blades

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2018, 08:34:17 AM »

[...]
I've had people at work tell me the same thing. And I've never heard of anyone having any issues. But I don't know, I just don't like the idea of them pointing a laser at my eye. Maybe if I had problems with my contacts, I'd feel differently. But I never have, so I'm perfectly content to keep on wearing them.

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2018, 08:55:14 AM »

So what's the consensus on the big game tonight.  Watching every minute, or "meh"?
Watch every minute....7 long months until college football returns... :-\

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2018, 08:58:44 AM »

[...]
I feel the same way, although I didn't need glasses until I was over 40 and until recently only needed for driving and TV.  Then again I let them take apart my hip and put metal in there, as well as some other stuff that I'll spare you the details on....so who knows.

« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2018, 09:00:29 AM »

So what's the consensus on the big game tonight.  Watching every minute, or "meh"?
There's a game on tonight?

« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2018, 09:01:48 AM »

[...]
If my eyes needed it, I'd go for it. I'm not crazy about what I'm seeing anyway.

« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2018, 09:03:43 AM »

So what's the consensus on the big game tonight.  Watching every minute, or "meh"?
Watch every minute....7 long months until college football returns... :-\
Go Dawgs!

« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2018, 09:04:47 AM »

[...]
LMAO!

« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2018, 09:10:52 AM »

Morning Daves, Tony, and FavoriteDayDean.  Mid-60's for a high today.  Should be nice weather all week, too bad I'm going to NH tomorrow.    :(
that really sucks Mark. dress warm.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7