Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/3/2018
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2018, 04:24:36 PM »

just got my 1st "we're closed because of the snow tomorrow" e-mails from a NE vendor.   Aren't they supposed to  know how to deal with that kind of stuff up there?
Problem is the storm is going to hit New England during the morning and day tomorrow and there is just nothing to be done with that snow and wind but hunker down and stay off the roads.  Our Mass. sites already have announced closings.  Noreasters are something you ride out, not push through.
Oh, I know, I've lived on the Eastern Shore of MD all my life and we get 2 or 3 nor'easters a year, but it gives me something else to grouse about.  we don't get hammered, even in our worst storms, as badly as they routinely get hit up there.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/3/2018
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2018, 04:27:14 PM »

time to pick out the RHS.  May go with a PDR Small Batch toro, or a Vindicator Hydra.  leaning towards the Small Batch as I've already tried the Hydra.  (liked it)
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 1/3/2018
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2018, 04:29:32 PM »

nite all!

« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2018, 04:39:33 PM »

Travel well Sam.

« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2018, 04:53:07 PM »

nite all!
night Sam.
I'm out as well.

« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2018, 05:59:22 PM »

@Fishy....was able to pick up a bottle of the Macallan Edition #3.  Got one for you to try....John got a bottle as a gift and we killed it Christmas eve....Basil Hayden Dark Rye.....yum!

The new Basil Hayden’s Dark Rye whiskey, according to those behind it, brings into one bottle an interesting mix of alcohol to create this expression. What you’ve got in this is Kentucky straight rye whiskey, with its characteristic spiciness, balanced with the soft, rounded presence of Canadian rye from the Alberta Distillery. These two ryes are then touched with California port to add both a hint of sweetness and a deep ruby color to the final blend.
Can it really be that good without any fruit, chocolate, or peanut butter infusion?
The added port DOES give it an interesting dark fruit quality

TASTING NOTES
"Winey notes lead on the nose with a range of red fruits from juicy plums to sour cherries, along with vanilla, and just a touch of rye spice. A creamy-vanilla palate is dominated by wine-soaked fruits — think the morsels you'd pluck from a downed glass of sangria. A short finish offers more of the same, plus cocoa powder, oak, spice, and pepper. Though a bit one dimensional, it's easy drinking and plays well on the rocks or in cocktails. "

REVIEWED BY JAKE EMEN

My question is how is ALL of that "one dimensional"?
I was just thinking the same. Gotta try it for myself and find out.

« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2018, 06:02:01 PM »

just got my 1st "we're closed because of the snow tomorrow" e-mails from a NE vendor.   Aren't they supposed to  know how to deal with that kind of stuff up there?
Tell me about it...

Subject:NJ Transit Alerts
Due to the impending snow storm on Thursday, 1/4/18, the Exclusive Bus Lane (XBL) to Port Authority Bus Terminal will be closed.

« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2018, 06:11:40 PM »

just got my 1st "we're closed because of the snow tomorrow" e-mails from a NE vendor.   Aren't they supposed to  know how to deal with that kind of stuff up there?
Tell me about it...

Due to the impending snow storm on Thursday, 1/4/18, the Exclusive Bus Lane (XBL) to Port Authority Bus Terminal will be closed.
So far the only flakes in this storm are the politicians....I can still see stars here.

« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2018, 06:51:09 PM »

just got my 1st "we're closed because of the snow tomorrow" e-mails from a NE vendor.   Aren't they supposed to  know how to deal with that kind of stuff up there?
Tell me about it...

Due to the impending snow storm on Thursday, 1/4/18, the Exclusive Bus Lane (XBL) to Port Authority Bus Terminal will be closed.
So far the only flakes in this storm are the politicians....I can still see stars here.
I'm not surprised. If you wanna know the weather, consult the almanac.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]