Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2020, 03:43:22 PM »

And ....

"Tillman constantly baffled his enemies. Every move he made seemed sure to be counterproductive; yet his popularity only grew ... he abused his followers, calling them ignorant, imbecilic, backward, apathetic, and foolish. He assailed his enemies with a tongue so outrageous that many believed only the demise of the code duello kept him alive ... Despite all this, his movement grew and multiplied, thriving best when the issues appeared contrived, contradictory or without foundation.["

Sound familiar?

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2020, 03:44:37 PM »

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be talking as the main building on Clemson campus, used as a symbol of the University is Tillman Hall.  Named in 1946 after Ben "Pitchfork" Tillman.  (Interesting background for sure)
Without knowing anything about him, I'm guessing he was a humanitarian.
Indeed.
One of his legacies was South Carolina's 1895 constitution, which disenfranchised most of the black majority and many poor whites, and ensured white Democratic Party rule for more than six decades into the twentieth century.
Picky, picky.  Somebody had to write the durn thing.

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2020, 03:46:23 PM »

Then again, maybe I shouldn't be talking as the main building on Clemson campus, used as a symbol of the University is Tillman Hall.  Named in 1946 after Ben "Pitchfork" Tillman.  (Interesting background for sure)
Without knowing anything about him, I'm guessing he was a humanitarian.
Indeed.
One of his legacies was South Carolina's 1895 constitution, which disenfranchised most of the black majority and many poor whites, and ensured white Democratic Party rule for more than six decades into the twentieth century.
I'm sure Nancy P appreciated it.

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2020, 05:13:29 PM »

With Mr Howard in the man cave

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2020, 06:00:31 PM »

 Man Cave with SL Habano

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2020, 10:32:09 PM »

Big time man cave lull.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 5/6/2020
« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2020, 12:41:07 AM »

Big time man cave lull.
lullin to sleep
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]