Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

« Reply #120 on: March 07, 2017, 07:20:49 PM »

Lots of miles today, Hemingway lit by the pool then going for some really goes d seafood.

Edit:  Free beer here too!
What sorta of fancy place you stayin at this time?
Just a Homewood Suites
I'm livin' large at a Laquinta, no free beer and certainly no beach.
Yuk!   Where u at?

But u get a gourmet breakfast
Hartford, CT.  It's decent enough and fits the cheapy cheapo budget without descending into the truly crappy lodging level.  And some gourmet cereal and bagels to look forward to in the morning.
If an Inn & Suites they are not too bad
This one's called an Inn & Suites, but I'd say it's near low end of that scale.  And right, some of the "Inn" only are nasty.  Pass.

« Reply #121 on: March 07, 2017, 07:22:48 PM »

There is an IHOP next door and the parking lot is overflowing with folks getting those free pancakes today
Sheesh, what people will stand in line for.
Really!  There are cars parked down the street

« Reply #122 on: March 07, 2017, 07:23:48 PM »

Lots of miles today, Hemingway lit by the pool then going for some really goes d seafood.

Edit:  Free beer here too!
What sorta of fancy place you stayin at this time?
Just a Homewood Suites
I'm livin' large at a Laquinta, no free beer and certainly no beach.
Yuk!   Where u at?

But u get a gourmet breakfast
Hartford, CT.  It's decent enough and fits the cheapy cheapo budget without descending into the truly crappy lodging level.  And some gourmet cereal and bagels to look forward to in the morning.
If an Inn & Suites they are not too bad
This one's called an Inn & Suites, but I'd say it's near low end of that scale.  And right, some of the "Inn" only are nasty.  Pass.
Found 2 people dead in a room at one in south Austin recently

« Reply #123 on: March 07, 2017, 07:25:22 PM »

Time for some fish

« Reply #124 on: March 07, 2017, 07:56:22 PM »

Time for some fish
Order the Texas Red fish beer battered.

« Reply #125 on: March 07, 2017, 08:29:42 PM »

Smoked another one off my short list earlier today - Four Kicks Black Belt Buckle by Crowned Heads. Didn't like it as much as the regular Four Kicks. It had a great aroma but it tasted like bitter coffee and burnt leather. Funny thing is that it was more bitter in the beginning and smoothed out as it got down to the nub. I wouldn't suggest it if you're a fast smoker or if you enjoy typical sweet maduro flavors. Then again, it only had a couple of weeks of downtime so it will probably improve with age. Construction was decent, only touched it up once.

How does the Black Belt compare to the regular Four Kicks?
Sorry, Mike. A lot going on at the home front this evening.

The regular Four Kicks is not a maduro. It's a nice medium bodied stick with cedar and nutty notes. Haven't had it in a while but that's what I can recall.
Guess I shoulda expressed myself better.  What I meant to ask is it just a Four Kicks with a Maduro wrapper or have they changed the blend as well as the wrapper?

« Reply #126 on: March 07, 2017, 08:30:45 PM »

Time for some fish
Order the Texas Red fish beer battered.
…with a side of beer for the Texas Redfish.

« Reply #127 on: March 07, 2017, 09:48:40 PM »

Another short list smoke was had today. Well, it was actually a revisit. Smoked a well aged 601 greenie. Still good.

« Reply #128 on: March 07, 2017, 09:56:21 PM »

Guess I shoulda expressed myself better.  What I meant to ask is it just a Four Kicks with a Maduro wrapper or have they changed the blend as well as the wrapper?
At the risk of pissing Scott off, I'll reply anyway...

From what I can tell, it's an entirely different blend. Or at least it tastes like that to me.

« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2017, 10:50:48 PM »

Another short list smoke was had today. Well, it was actually a revisit. Smoked a well aged 601 greenie. Still good.

Nice, wonder how the 601 will do with AJ making them

« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2017, 10:51:45 PM »

Another short list smoke was had today. Well, it was actually a revisit. Smoked a well aged 601 greenie. Still good.

Indeed, always a good smoke.  Evening Antnee.

« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2017, 10:52:12 PM »

He took over 601, Sosa, and some of the stuff made at Espinosa

« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2017, 10:52:17 PM »

Guess I shoulda expressed myself better.  What I meant to ask is it just a Four Kicks with a Maduro wrapper or have they changed the blend as well as the wrapper?
At the risk of pissing Scott off, I'll reply anyway...

From what I can tell, it's an entirely different blend. Or at least it tastes like that to me.
Scott can just GFH!

« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2017, 10:53:12 PM »

He took over 601, Sosa, and some of the stuff made at Espinosa
Getting to be a seegar magnet.

« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2017, 10:53:50 PM »

Cigar for night cap soon with decaf. Hmm what to smoke?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10