CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on December 24, 2015, 12:01:32 AM

Title: 12/24/2015
Post by: CigarBanter on December 24, 2015, 12:01:32 AM
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:33:59 AM
Good morning guys.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:41:06 AM
Today is Thursday, Dec. 24, the 358th day of 2015. There are seven days left in the year. This is Christmas Eve.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:42:29 AM
Today's Highlight in History:

On Dec. 24, 1955, the Continental Air Defense Command Operations Center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, found itself fielding phone calls from children wanting to know the whereabouts of Santa Claus after a newspaper ad mistakenly gave the Center's number; the result was a tradition continued by the North American Aerospace Defense Command (NORAD) of tracking Santa's location the night before Christmas.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:43:12 AM
On this date:
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:43:45 AM
In 1814, the United States and Britain signed the Treaty of Ghent, which ended the War of 1812 following ratification by both the British Parliament and the U.S. Senate.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:44:21 AM
In 1851, fire devastated the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C., destroying about 35,000 volumes.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:44:51 AM
In 1865, several veterans of the Confederate Army formed a private social club in Pulaski, Tennessee, that was the original version of the Ku Klux Klan.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:45:16 AM
In 1871, Giuseppe Verdi's opera "Aida" had its world premiere in Cairo, Egypt.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:46:07 AM
In 1914, during World War I, impromptu Christmas truces began to take hold along parts of the Western Front between British and German soldiers.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:46:56 AM
In 1939, Pope Pius XII delivered a Christmas Eve address in which he offered a five-point program for peace and denounced "premeditated aggressions."
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:47:29 AM
In 1943, President Franklin D. Roosevelt appointed Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower supreme commander of Allied forces in Europe as part of Operation Overlord.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:47:56 AM
In 1968, the Apollo 8 astronauts, orbiting the moon, read passages from the Old Testament Book of Genesis during a Christmas Eve telecast.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:48:43 AM
In 1974, Cyclone Tracy began battering the Australian city of Darwin, resulting in widespread damage and causing some 65 deaths.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:49:13 AM
In 1980, Americans remembered the U.S. hostages in Iran by burning candles or shining lights for 417 seconds — one second for each day of captivity.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:49:55 AM
In 1990, actor Tom Cruise married his "Days of Thunder" co-star, Nicole Kidman, during a private ceremony at a Colorado ski resort (the marriage ended in 2001).
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:50:22 AM
In 1995, fire broke out at the Philadelphia Zoo, killing 23 rare gorillas, orangutans, gibbons and lemurs.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:50:58 AM
Ten years ago: Iraq's governing Shiite coalition called on Iraqis to accept results showing the religious bloc leading in parliamentary elections and moved ahead with efforts to form a "national unity" government. Michael Vale, the actor best known for portraying sleepy-eyed Fred the Baker in Dunkin' Donuts commercials, died in New York at age 83.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:51:38 AM
Five years ago: Pope Benedict XVI ushered in Christmas Eve with an evening Mass amid heightened security concerns following package bombings at two Rome embassies and Christmas Eve security breaches at the Vatican the previous two years. John Warhola (cq), the older brother who helped raise pop art icon Andy Warhol and later helped establish the Andy Warhol Museum, died in Pittsburgh at age 85.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:52:21 AM
One year ago: Sony Pictures broadly released "The Interview" online — an unprecedented counterstroke against the hackers who'd spoiled the Christmas opening of the comedy depicting the assassination of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. A Jordanian pilot, Lt. Mu'ath al-Kaseasbeh, was captured by the Islamic State group after his warplane crashed in Syria; he was later killed. TCU's Gary Patterson was named The Associated Press college football coach of the year. Western Kentucky held on to defeat Central Michigan 49-48 in a wild inaugural Bahamas Bowl.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:52:57 AM
Today's Birthdays: Songwriter-bandleader Dave Bartholomew is 97. Author Mary Higgins Clark is 88. Federal health official Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., is 75. Recording company executive Mike Curb is 71. Rock singer-musician Lemmy (Motorhead) is 70. Actress Sharon Farrell is 69. Sen. Jeff Sessions, R-Ala., is 69. Actor Grand L. Bush is 60. Actor Clarence Gilyard is 60. Actress Stephanie Hodge is 59. The former president of Afghanistan, Hamid Karzai (HAH'-mihd KAHR'-zeye), is 58. Rock musician Ian Burden (The Human League) is 58. Actor Anil Kapoor is 56. Actor Wade Williams is 54. Designer Kate Spade is 53. Rock singer Mary Ramsey (10,000 Maniacs) is 52. Actor Mark Valley is 51. Actor Diedrich Bader is 49. Actor Amaury Nolasco is 45. Singer Ricky Martin is 44. Author Stephenie Meyer is 42. "American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest is 41. Actor Michael Raymond-James is 38. Rock singer Louis Tomlinson (One Direction) is 24.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:53:35 AM
Thought for Today: "Christmas comes, but once a year is enough." — American proverb.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 02:55:25 AM
-------------
Truck Stop Cafe
-------------------------

A trucker came into a truck stop cafe and placed his order. He said, "I
want three flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running
boards."

The brand new blonde waitress, not wanting to appear stupid, went to the
kitchen and said to the cook, "This guy out there just ordered three
flat tires, a pair of headlights and a pair of running boards. What
does he think this place is ... an auto parts store?"

"No," the cook said. "Three flats tires means three pancakes, a pair of
headlights is two eggs sunny side up, and running boards are 2 slices
crisp bacon."

"Oh, OK!" said the blonde. She thought about it for a moment and then
spooned up a bowl of beans and gave it to the customer.

The trucker asked, "What are the beans for, Blondie?"

She replied, "I thought while you were waiting for the flat tires,
headlights and running boards, you might as well gas up."

Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 04:34:13 AM
good morning Chip.
MB3 robusto and coffee here.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 04:42:28 AM
good morning Chip.
MB3 robusto and coffee here.
Good morning Dean.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 04:43:55 AM
good morning Chip.
MB3 robusto and coffee here.
Just my Decaf coffee and a Leoninos for me while I listen to the rain fall again.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 04:53:50 AM
Morning LSU & Dean, waiting on coffee to finish brewing here.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 04:55:32 AM
good morning Chip.
MB3 robusto and coffee here.
Just my Decaf coffee and a Leoninos for me while I listen to the rain fall again.
I haven't had a Leonino in ages!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 04:56:27 AM
Morning LSU & Dean, waiting on coffee to finish brewing here.
waiting for cigar to light itself too? morning Dave.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 24, 2015, 04:59:41 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 05:01:24 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
hello and good night/morning Tony.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 05:02:25 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
Whoa Tony, you are all upside down!  Get some rest!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 05:03:57 AM
Morning LSU & Dean, waiting on coffee to finish brewing here.
waiting for cigar to light itself too? morning Dave.
LOL, I don't normally smoke this early in the morning.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 24, 2015, 05:04:18 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
hello and good night/morning Tony.
Any big Christmas Eve plans, Deano?
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 24, 2015, 05:05:45 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
Whoa Tony, you are all upside down!  Get some rest!
Yeah, tell me about it. I'm all wound up now too. I should try to at least get in a few winks because tomorrow's gonna be a long one.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 05:06:20 AM
Mary Higgins Clark's birthday today I see on the list, my Mother used to luv reading her books.  Probably read every one of them written up until she died.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 05:07:24 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
Whoa Tony, you are all upside down!  Get some rest!
Yeah, tell me about it. I'm all wound up now too. I should try to at least get in a few winks because tomorrow's gonna be a long one.
Definitely need to get some rest, don't worry about the banter we will look after it for you.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 05:07:59 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
hello and good night/morning Tony.
Any big Christmas Eve plans, Deano?
visiting the lady and her crazy family tonight followed by a meeting. lunch with my sponsor to prepare my emotional well being.
lady spending the night at my place and doing Christmas here together, all alone all day tomorrow I hope.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 24, 2015, 05:11:49 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
Whoa Tony, you are all upside down!  Get some rest!
Yeah, tell me about it. I'm all wound up now too. I should try to at least get in a few winks because tomorrow's gonna be a long one.
Definitely need to get some rest, don't worry about the banter we will look after it for you.
Appreciate that.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on December 24, 2015, 05:12:49 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
hello and good night/morning Tony.
Any big Christmas Eve plans, Deano?
visiting the lady and her crazy family tonight followed by a meeting. lunch with my sponsor to prepare my emotional well being.
lady spending the night at my place and doing Christmas here together, all alone all day tomorrow I hope.
That sounds nice. Enjoy. Perhaps I'll catch y'all a bit later.  Goodnight.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 05:13:47 AM
Morning LSU & Dean, waiting on coffee to finish brewing here.
Good morning Native and Tony.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 05:14:15 AM
Morning LSU & Dean, waiting on coffee to finish brewing here.
waiting for cigar to light itself too? morning Dave.
LOL, I don't normally smoke this early in the morning.
you need to practice for retirement.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 05:15:01 AM
Morning LSU & Dean, waiting on coffee to finish brewing here.
waiting for cigar to light itself too? morning Dave.
LOL, I don't normally smoke this early in the morning.
you need to practice for retirement.
Valid point!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 05:16:00 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
Whoa Tony, you are all upside down!  Get some rest!
Yeah, tell me about it. I'm all wound up now too. I should try to at least get in a few winks because tomorrow's gonna be a long one.
Definitely need to get some rest, don't worry about the banter we will look after it for you.
Appreciate that.
You better get some rest, it's going to be a long couple of days for you. N
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 05:16:12 AM
It is 72 degrees here and the humidity must be 10,000%.  Holy cow it is wet and foggy.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 05:35:07 AM
It is 72 degrees here and the humidity must be 10,000%.  Holy cow it is wet and foggy.
Sqme cramp here, 73° and it has been raining since Monday and we have to deal with rain through this next Monday.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 05:43:12 AM
I was looking at the regular selections on the Cigar Page and their regular prices are as good or better than Jam and Mash prices on a lot of things.  San Cristobal's, Hemmingway's and San Latino's  being some of them.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 06:42:09 AM
SHEESH!  Must be the Christmas Eve Lull
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 06:55:11 AM
SHEESH!  Must be the Christmas Eve Lull
No, it's people looking up the San Latino's...
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 06:56:10 AM
Good morning Chip, Dean and Dave. Just heading to bed. Been a busy day/night. Got 25 people showing up tomorrow and have been prepping food, followed by wrapping gifts.
Whoa Tony, you are all upside down!  Get some rest!
Yeah, tell me about it. I'm all wound up now too. I should try to at least get in a few winks because tomorrow's gonna be a long one.
At least you can put away the stupid elf for another year.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 06:56:19 AM
SHEESH!  Must be the Christmas Eve Lull
No, it's people looking up the San Latino's...
Smartass
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 06:56:49 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and Mr. Mayor.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 06:57:15 AM
SHEESH!  Must be the Christmas Eve Lull
No, it's people looking up the San Latino's...
Smartass
Only ass I'm getting these days.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 07:00:30 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and Mr. Mayor.
Morning Not Travellin Dave
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 07:00:51 AM
SHEESH!  Must be the Christmas Eve Lull
No, it's people looking up the San Latino's...
Smartass
Only ass I'm getting these days.
Might be the best kind
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 07:04:52 AM
Be glad you are Not Travellin Dave today, Houston fogged in so United is screwed, Heavy Storms approaching Atlanta so Delta is screwed and Charlotte is fogged in with storms later in the day so U. S. Air is screwed
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 07:07:55 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and Mr. Mayor.
Morning Not Travellin Dave
Morning NoLongerTravellinDave
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 07:08:29 AM
Be glad you are Not Travellin Dave today, Houston fogged in so United is screwed, Heavy Storms approaching Atlanta so Delta is screwed and Charlotte is fogged in with storms later in the day so U. S. Air is screwed
In other words, just an average day!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 07:09:58 AM
It is 72 degrees here and the humidity must be 10,000%.  Holy cow it is wet and foggy.
Sqme cramp here, 73° and it has been raining since Monday and we have to deal with rain through this next Monday.
70 degrees at 7:00 here.  Not quite a normal Christmas Eve.  I must say, with the rain we had yesterday, good thing it's warm....wouldn't want to be shovelling all that out today!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 07:11:53 AM
Sitting out here in a short sleeve shirt enjoying a Wynwood Honduras with my coffee.  Must be how Dean feels every day!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 07:24:46 AM
Mary Higgins Clark's birthday today I see on the list, my Mother used to luv reading her books.  Probably read every one of them written up until she died.
I don't think she wrote many after...
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 07:27:04 AM
Good to see the sun this morning....it's been a couple of days.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 07:28:12 AM
Sitting out here in a short sleeve shirt enjoying a Wynwood Honduras with my coffee.  Must be how Dean feels every day!
A Dean Day For All!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 07:29:28 AM
Mary Higgins Clark's birthday today I see on the list, my Mother used to luv reading her books.  Probably read every one of them written up until she died.
I don't think she wrote many after...
My Mother did not read many after she died either........Smartass
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 07:31:02 AM
Banterers Beware, Travellin Dave seems to be posting for Fish today. :)
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 07:44:54 AM
Sitting out here in a short sleeve shirt enjoying a Wynwood Honduras with my coffee.  Must be how Dean feels every day!
a piece (peace) of heaven Dave.
good morning.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: LSUFAN on December 24, 2015, 07:46:17 AM
Morning Chip, Dave, Dean and Mr. Mayor.
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 07:51:35 AM
Banterers Beware, Travellin Dave seems to be posting for Fish today. :)
Apparently I'm getting coal again this year, so what the hell.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 08:11:36 AM
Banterers Beware, Travellin Dave seems to be posting for Fish today. :)
Apparently I'm getting coal again this year, so what the hell.
throw it in the fireplace, it'll help keep you warm when you get home.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 08:12:54 AM
Banterers Beware, Travellin Dave seems to be posting for Fish today. :)
Apparently I'm getting coal again this year, so what the hell.
throw it in the fireplace, it'll help keep you warm when you get home.
Obama outlawed coal so mark that off your list
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 24, 2015, 08:12:54 AM
Good morning Chip, Dave(s), Dean!  Merry Christmas Eve!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 24, 2015, 08:13:31 AM
65 deg and raining it's ass off at the moment here.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 08:15:47 AM
Banterers Beware, Travellin Dave seems to be posting for Fish today. :)
Apparently I'm getting coal again this year, so what the hell.
throw it in the fireplace, it'll help keep you warm when you get home.
Obama outlawed coal so mark that off your list
fukn commie!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 08:18:31 AM
Good morning Chip, Dave(s), Dean!  Merry Christmas Eve!
morning Sam.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 08:26:20 AM
65 deg and raining it's ass off at the moment here.
Morning and Merry Christmas Eve SS
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: FloridaDean on December 24, 2015, 08:34:58 AM
where's all the worker bees today?
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 08:36:48 AM
where's all the worker bees today?
Not many bees working today and a few  of them only post from work making it obvious who is in charge at home. ;D
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 24, 2015, 08:52:16 AM
where's all the worker bees today?
Present.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 24, 2015, 08:52:43 AM
Be glad you are Not Travellin Dave today, Houston fogged in so United is screwed, Heavy Storms approaching Atlanta so Delta is screwed and Charlotte is fogged in with storms later in the day so U. S. Air is screwed
Sounds like time for you to head to an airport, then.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 08:55:48 AM
Be glad you are Not Travellin Dave today, Houston fogged in so United is screwed, Heavy Storms approaching Atlanta so Delta is screwed and Charlotte is fogged in with storms later in the day so U. S. Air is screwed
Sounds like time for you to head to an airport, then.
Not me Bubba!  I drove 1400 miles to avoid that bullshit.  Friend of my sons lives in DC and he posted a message from the airport last night at 8:30 that his flight to Baton Rouge was supposed to have left at 3:30.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 08:56:16 AM
Morning Present Bean
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 24, 2015, 08:58:16 AM
where's all the worker bees today?
Present.
Good Morning Mark.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 24, 2015, 09:00:37 AM
where's all the worker bees today?
Present.
Good Morning Mark.
Howdy Sam and NotFlyingDave.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 09:02:56 AM
Some kind of Fuct up Hidden Name 2-Buck-Chuck day at the page, and some of them were sold out when it started.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 24, 2015, 09:20:43 AM
Some kind of Fuct up Hidden Name 2-Buck-Chuck day at the page, and some of them were sold out when it started.
Click on the item photo and it shows what it is.  There are some familiar brand names in there, guess they figured might as well clean out the cupboards on Christmas Eve.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: sfish on December 24, 2015, 09:27:34 AM
Good morning men, out at the store for no doubt the first time of many today before company arrives at 3:00
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 09:33:38 AM
Good morning men, out at the store for no doubt the first time of many today before company arrives at 3:00
Merry Christmas Fish
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 09:35:08 AM
Some kind of Fuct up Hidden Name 2-Buck-Chuck day at the page, and some of them were sold out when it started.
Click on the item photo and it shows what it is.  There are some familiar brand names in there, guess they figured might as well clean out the cupboards on Christmas Eve.
Yeah I checked a few of them and lost all interest quickly.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 24, 2015, 09:37:38 AM
Good morning men, out at the store for no doubt the first time of many today before company arrives at 3:00
Good morning Scott.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 24, 2015, 09:40:26 AM
Some kind of Fuct up Hidden Name 2-Buck-Chuck day at the page, and some of them were sold out when it started.
Click on the item photo and it shows what it is.  There are some familiar brand names in there, guess they figured might as well clean out the cupboards on Christmas Eve.
True, although the GAR Corojo's are pretty good.  and the Flor de oliva's are pretty good yard 'gars. better than most in that price range.  I like the J Fuego Origin, but never had the Maduro version.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 24, 2015, 09:44:56 AM
Good morning men, out at the store for no doubt the first time of many today before company arrives at 3:00
Merry Christmas, Shoppin'Biebs.   :D
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 10:11:31 AM
Good morning men, out at the store for no doubt the first time of many today before company arrives at 3:00
All done with that and settled in.  Almost time for a beer!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Travellin Dave on December 24, 2015, 10:11:55 AM
Merry Christmas Biebs and Bean!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 10:12:29 AM
Good morning Christmas Spirits.....!!!   I'm keeping one eye on the breakfast, one eye on the banter, and one eye on liquor ads....
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 24, 2015, 10:20:57 AM
Good morning Christmas Spirits.....!!!   I'm keeping one eye on the breakfast, one eye on the banter, and one eye on liquor ads....
Now I would have thought that third eye was on the costume catalog.  Morning, Dad.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 24, 2015, 10:22:08 AM
Merry Christmas Biebs and Bean!
Morning NJDave. Any football worth watching on TV today?
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 10:42:38 AM
Good morning Christmas Spirits.....!!!   I'm keeping one eye on the breakfast, one eye on the banter, and one eye on liquor ads....
Now I would have thought that third eye was on the costume catalog.  Morning, Dad.
Well, the sale is over.  I mostly brought it up because they were $40, $50, and $60 on sale for $5 and $10.  I bought 5 costumes for $55 and that would be only one at Victoria Secrets.  That sale only comes around once or maybe twice a year.  When your married over 40 years, it might make more sense to ya.. :)
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 10:58:02 AM
Good morning Christmas Spirits.....!!!   I'm keeping one eye on the breakfast, one eye on the banter, and one eye on liquor ads....
Now I would have thought that third eye was on the costume catalog.  Morning, Dad.
Well, the sale is over.  I mostly brought it up because they were $40, $50, and $60 on sale for $5 and $10.  I bought 5 costumes for $55 and that would be only one at Victoria Secrets.  That sale only comes around once or maybe twice a year.  When your married over 40 years, it might make more sense to ya.. :)
Anyway, it's just in nice dirty fun...
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 24, 2015, 10:59:49 AM
Good morning Christmas Spirits.....!!!   I'm keeping one eye on the breakfast, one eye on the banter, and one eye on liquor ads....
Good morning BD!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 11:08:26 AM
So far I've found, if you buy 6 1/5th's, including local and Calif. wines on sale for 2/$8, there's an additional 10% off.

$19.99 Crown Royal
$19.99 101 Wild Turkey
$17.99 Jack Daniels
$19.99 Jameson Whiskey
$19.99 Johnnie Walker Red
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 11:09:35 AM
Good morning Christmas Spirits.....!!!   I'm keeping one eye on the breakfast, one eye on the banter, and one eye on liquor ads....
Good morning BD!
Happy Christmas Eve Sam...!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 11:12:02 AM
Merry Christmas Eve Dad
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 11:21:08 AM
Fuk'n hair dryer time, just  can't get away from that Bastige thing.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 24, 2015, 11:29:38 AM
Fuk'n hair dryer time, just  can't get away from that Bastige thing.
Shave the hair off, no need for a dryer then.  if not for your hair, then some good shooters earplugs should do the trick.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 11:35:02 AM
Fuk'n hair dryer time, just  can't get away from that Bastige thing.
Shave the hair off, no need for a dryer then.  if not for your hair, then some good shooters earplugs should do the trick.
Not my damn hair - Warden, how about I just get rid of her ;D
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 24, 2015, 11:40:18 AM
Fuk'n hair dryer time, just  can't get away from that Bastige thing.
Shave the hair off, no need for a dryer then.  if not for your hair, then some good shooters earplugs should do the trick.
Not my damn hair - Warden, how about I just get rid of her ;D
That's an option I suppose.  not specifically from personal history mind you, but i have found from talking to a lot of people, that that solution never seems to go well though.  May still want to consider the ear plugs.  probably cheaper in the long run.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 24, 2015, 11:41:35 AM
Sweet!  Just got the word we're closing at noon!  19 more minutes!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 11:55:03 AM
Merry Christmas Eve Dad
Right back at ya Tr...!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 11:57:05 AM
Cigar Christmas - by Bad Dad

Twiss the night before, the night before Christmas.
And all throught the house, not a sound could be heard,
not even from Petey my pet little bird..?

And to my surprise, a bang at the door,
the postman was here to bring me my score.

It wasn't a fox, or even my socks,
it was a box of cigars that I had been waiting for.

My Park Avenue Torpedos, gee they were big,
will they fit in my humidor, is there room to give..?

My wife hovered above me as I tried and I pulled,
to add the torpedos, to a humidor that was full.

I moved and arranged till finially they fit.
Afraid of the comments from that naggy ol' bitch.

But a Christmas Miracel I was about to be instore
as my wife actually said, "You need another humidor."
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: ss2 on December 24, 2015, 11:59:46 AM
ok, outta here,  Merry Christmas all!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 12:05:37 PM
Sweet!  Just got the word we're closing at noon!  19 more minutes!
Good for you!!!  Enjoy the rest of your day.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Threebean on December 24, 2015, 12:22:33 PM
Cigar Christmas - by Bad Dad

Twiss the night before, the night before Christmas.
And all throught the house, not a sound could be heard,
not even from Petey my pet little bird..?

And to my surprise, a bang at the door,
the postman was here to bring me my score.

It wasn't a fox, or even my socks,
it was a box of cigars that I had been waiting for.

My Park Avenue Torpedos, gee they were big,
will they fit in my humidor, is there room to give..?

My wife hovered above me as I tried and I pulled,
to add the torpedos, to a humidor that was full.

I moved and arranged till finially they fit.
Afraid of the comments from that naggy ol' bitch.

But a Christmas Miracle I was about to be instore
as my wife actually said, "You need another humidor."
A fine poem there, Dad.  A man of many talents to be sure.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 12:43:10 PM
Cigar Christmas - by Bad Dad

Twiss the night before, the night before Christmas.
And all throught the house, not a sound could be heard,
not even from Petey my pet little bird..?

And to my surprise, a bang at the door,
the postman was here to bring me my score.

It wasn't a fox, or even my socks,
it was a box of cigars that I had been waiting for.

My Park Avenue Torpedos, gee they were big,
will they fit in my humidor, is there room to give..?

My wife hovered above me as I tried and I pulled,
to add the torpedos, to a humidor that was full.

I moved and arranged till finially they fit.
Afraid of the comments from that naggy ol' bitch.

But a Christmas Miracle I was about to be instore
as my wife actually said, "You need another humidor."
A fine poem there, Dad.  A many of many talents to be sure.
Based on a true story.  I never thought I'd hear my wife say, "You need to get another humidor..."  haha
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 01:08:30 PM
[...]

Good work Dad mine always says I need to stop buying because my human for will not hold anymore.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 01:39:23 PM
[...]

I told her about you buying a plastic container for your cigars and she said, "I've got one of those you can use...!"  I said, "It's not the humidor, it's filling another one with a $1,000 or $2,000 worth of cigars.  I just don't understand her.  If I put the toilet paper on backwards she has a fit.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on December 24, 2015, 02:02:05 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 02:12:15 PM
Mornin fellas!  Sitting at the B&M enjoying my first FFP.  How is everyone this morning?
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 02:12:59 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on December 24, 2015, 02:18:18 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 02:22:33 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Yes sir, had to take a break while I got life in order.  Got married a few months back, but we have been putting all of our money to a house and such, so I couldn't be enabled by all of you se guys!  How's life?
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 02:22:51 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Good afternoon CB and SB...
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on December 24, 2015, 02:24:51 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Yes sir, had to take a break while I got life in order.  Got married a few months back, but we have been putting all of our money to a house and such, so I couldn't be enabled by all of you se guys!  How's life?
Doing alright.  Very un-Christmas like weather.  The banter is definitely a bad influence on the seegar spending.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 02:27:42 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Yes sir, had to take a break while I got life in order.  Got married a few months back, but we have been putting all of our money to a house and such, so I couldn't be enabled by all of you se guys!  How's life?
Doing alright.  Very un-Christmas like weather.  The banter is definitely a bad influence on the seegar spending.
It sure influences me into buying.  But both of my humidors are full, so it will be awhile before I'll be able to make the space to buy more.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 02:31:35 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Yes sir, had to take a break while I got life in order.  Got married a few months back, but we have been putting all of our money to a house and such, so I couldn't be enabled by all of you se guys!  How's life?
Doing alright.  Very un-Christmas like weather.  The banter is definitely a bad influence on the seegar spending.
Yeah, my first day back I was enabled into a box buy....no better way to get back than diving right in, right?
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 02:32:31 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Yes sir, had to take a break while I got life in order.  Got married a few months back, but we have been putting all of our money to a house and such, so I couldn't be enabled by all of you se guys!  How's life?
Doing alright.  Very un-Christmas like weather.  The banter is definitely a bad influence on the seegar spending.
It sure influences me into buying.  But both of my humidors are full, so it will be awhile before I'll be able to make the space to buy more.
unfortunately, I have more than enough space.  Was done to nothing but a AF Shark with about 4 years on it, until I got my box yesterday!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on December 24, 2015, 02:36:58 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Yes sir, had to take a break while I got life in order.  Got married a few months back, but we have been putting all of our money to a house and such, so I couldn't be enabled by all of you se guys!  How's life?
Doing alright.  Very un-Christmas like weather.  The banter is definitely a bad influence on the seegar spending.
It sure influences me into buying.  But both of my humidors are full, so it will be awhile before I'll be able to make the space to buy more.
unfortunately, I have more than enough space.  Was done to nothing but a AF Shark with about 4 years on it, until I got my box yesterday!
And as always, way too many new sticks to try and once tried you like so the regular rotation keeps expanding.  Been way too many good deals lately.  I'm a sucker for a discount and free shipping.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 02:38:57 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Yes sir, had to take a break while I got life in order.  Got married a few months back, but we have been putting all of our money to a house and such, so I couldn't be enabled by all of you se guys!  How's life?
Doing alright.  Very un-Christmas like weather.  The banter is definitely a bad influence on the seegar spending.
It sure influences me into buying.  But both of my humidors are full, so it will be awhile before I'll be able to make the space to buy more.
unfortunately, I have more than enough space.  Was done to nothing but a AF Shark with about 4 years on it, until I got my box yesterday!
4 years is about the longest I've kept a cigar.  I did have a Brickhouse with about 3 years on it the other day and it was pretty good.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 02:39:13 PM
[...]
Anything new that I "must try"?  Been completely out of it for a while, other than a few smokes at the B&M here and there.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 02:40:04 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Yes sir, had to take a break while I got life in order.  Got married a few months back, but we have been putting all of our money to a house and such, so I couldn't be enabled by all of you se guys!  How's life?
Doing alright.  Very un-Christmas like weather.  The banter is definitely a bad influence on the seegar spending.
It sure influences me into buying.  But both of my humidors are full, so it will be awhile before I'll be able to make the space to buy more.
unfortunately, I have more than enough space.  Was done to nothing but a AF Shark with about 4 years on it, until I got my box yesterday!
4 years is about the longest I've kept a cigar.  I did have a Brickhouse with about 3 years on it the other day and it was pretty good.
I always enjoy the brickhouse.  This AF was gifted to me by CBiT, when he was still in Tennessee.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on December 24, 2015, 02:44:31 PM
[...]
Haven't heard from or about Chris in a long while ever since he move to Alabama and stop his travels.  Left us and the Bed Bug Inn behind.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: cigarbreath on December 24, 2015, 02:45:43 PM
Off for some Christmas preparations.  Later.  Good to see you back.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 02:46:47 PM
[...]
yeah, I noticed lots of guys are absent.  Had to look up Jeff and Joeswaycos and send them some Christmas wishes through email.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 02:47:28 PM
Off for some Christmas preparations.  Later.  Good to see you back.
I'll be here more often to chat, take it easy CB, and Murr Christmas to ya!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 02:49:11 PM
[...]
I find myself being behind everyone else on here.  I buy what they recommend, and they've smoked all of theirs up and start buying some thing new, while I'm still smoking the old recommended one.  I'm still on the Brickhouse, Camacho Triple Maduro, AF 858 Maduros, Lot 23's, and everyone else it trying the new stuff.  I'm also one of the odd ones that smoke what most others don't like.  Such as the Acid Kuba Kuba Maduro, Tabak, Moontrance, and the recent boo'ed Park Avenue.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 02:57:21 PM
[...]
Actually, I don't think anyone on here recommended the Lot 23..?  It's one of those cigars that needs about 3 to 6 months of humidor time on it.  Also, I love the Diesel Unholy Cocktail . Which is strange since I consider myself a lightweight.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 02:58:37 PM
Manager from the B&M just walked up and gifted me an Espinosa Laranja with a "thanks for your loyalty and business".  That's why I love this place.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 03:00:13 PM
[...]
I blind bought a box of the UC when they first came out, they were string back then.  They have toned down a whole lot over the past few years thiugh.  They get really mild with some age on them.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 03:04:36 PM
Manager from the B&M just walked up and gifted me an Espinosa Laranja with a "thanks for your loyalty and business".  That's why I love this place.
That was nice...
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 03:06:51 PM
[...]
I really like the Undercrown too.  I wanted to try the UC Shade, but so for I haven't heard anything good about it.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 03:14:24 PM
Afternoon Bacon and CB
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 03:14:36 PM
[...]
I received a free Room 101 El Mas Chingon Rothchild 4 1/2 x 60 that was included in my Famous Order.  I really enjoyed the flavor of this one, but I some very bad burn issues and tunneling.  It wouldn't even smoke after 1 1/2 - 2 inchs, so I had to put it out.  Darn if I still want another one...
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 03:15:23 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Yes sir, had to take a break while I got life in order.  Got married a few months back, but we have been putting all of our money to a house and such, so I couldn't be enabled by all of you se guys!  How's life?
Doing alright.  Very un-Christmas like weather.  The banter is definitely a bad influence on the seegar spending.
;D
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Bad Dad on December 24, 2015, 03:15:49 PM
I'm sorry to run off, but I think I'm going to take a little nap before the Christmas Party starts in a few hours.  Later guys.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 03:15:55 PM
Merry Christmas - Ho! Ho! Ho!
CeffinB! How the hell are ya?!
Hey Cam!  Back amongst the bantering again?
Yes sir, had to take a break while I got life in order.  Got married a few months back, but we have been putting all of our money to a house and such, so I couldn't be enabled by all of you se guys!  How's life?
Doing alright.  Very un-Christmas like weather.  The banter is definitely a bad influence on the seegar spending.
Yeah, my first day back I was enabled into a box buy....no better way to get back than diving right in, right?
Right!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 03:16:20 PM
I'm sorry to run off, but I think I'm going to take a little nap before the Christmas Party starts in a few hours.  Later guys.
Party Hard Dad!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 03:19:03 PM
[...]
Yeah, Travellin Dave likes Undercrown but was not impressed with the shade.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 03:21:41 PM
My son and I just enjoyed a couple of my home brews and Smoked some Jericho Hills.

@Bacon if you have not tried the Jericho Hill it is a favorite level smoke of several of us.
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 03:23:15 PM
@ Mayor Tony, for some reason I thought of you ;D
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on December 24, 2015, 03:26:27 PM
Time to get dressed and ready, got to go to Church with the Inlaws then a Christmas Dinner at their house.   They are good folks and a pleasure to visit with.

Enjoy your evenings and hope Seagar Santa visits everyone!!!!!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: Smokedbacon on December 24, 2015, 03:57:07 PM
[...]
I am not a huge fan of the Undercrown, unless ya take the wrapper off, then it is very similar to a T52....silly, I know.  I really enjoyed the Shade for what it was.  My favorite Connie by far!
Title: Re: 12/24/2015
Post by: SLY on December 24, 2015, 11:05:45 PM
Mary Higgins Clark's birthday today I see on the list, my Mother used to luv reading her books.  Probably read every one of them written up until she died.
I don't think she wrote many after...
Good one, Dave.