CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on February 22, 2017, 12:01:12 AM

Title: 2/22/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on February 22, 2017, 12:01:12 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 12:35:01 AM
Well I have to say that the jam went a lot better than I thought it would. I'm amazed at how such a large company often runs like it's a mom and pop operation.

All's well that ends well.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 06:14:48 AM
Well I have to say that the jam went a lot better than I thought it would. I'm amazed at how such a large company often runs like it's a mom and pop operation.

All's well that ends well.
Even a mom & pop would realize immediately their orders were not being shipped out but took the Sister quite a while, like a week or so.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 06:16:05 AM
Morning Sleepy Humpers!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 06:24:44 AM
Not much in the way of cigar deals  this morning. Sister has CAO's of $1 off and AF's for &2 off.  Sheesh!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 06:33:14 AM
Chilly 43 this morning but sunny and 85 tips afternoon.  Yard work day for me.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 06:33:22 AM
Well I have to say that the jam went a lot better than I thought it would. I'm amazed at how such a large company often runs like it's a mom and pop operation.

All's well that ends well.
When you have a staff left over from "mom and pop" days, companies often continue to run that way, regardless of size.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 06:33:46 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 06:36:06 AM
Today in History

Today is Wednesday, Feb. 22, the 53rd day of 2017. There are 312 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Feb. 22, 1732 (New Style date), the first president of the United States, George Washington, was born in Westmoreland County in the Virginia Colony.

On this date:

In 1862, Jefferson Davis, already the provisional president of the Confederacy, was inaugurated for a six-year term following his election in Nov. 1861.

In 1892, "Lady Windermere's Fan" by Oscar Wilde was first performed at London's St. James' Theater.

In 1909, the Great White Fleet, a naval task force sent on a round-the-world voyage by President Theodore Roosevelt, returned after more than a year at sea.

In 1924, President Calvin Coolidge delivered the first radio broadcast from the White House as he addressed the country over 42 stations.

In 1935, it became illegal for airplanes to fly over the White House.

In 1940, the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, was enthroned at age four in Lhasa, Tibet.

In 1959, the inaugural Daytona 500 race was held; although Johnny Beauchamp was initially declared the winner, the victory was later awarded to Lee Petty.

In 1967, more than 25,000 U.S. and South Vietnamese troops launched Operation Junction City, aimed at smashing a Vietcong stronghold near the Cambodian border. (Although the communists were driven out, they later returned.)

In 1974, Pakistan officially recognized Bangladesh (formerly East Pakistan).

In 1980, the "Miracle on Ice" took place in Lake Placid, New York, as the United States Olympic hockey team upset the Soviets, 4-3. (The U.S. team went on to win the gold medal.)

In 1987, pop artist Andy Warhol died at a New York City hospital at age 58; talk-show host David Susskind was found dead in his Manhattan hotel suite; he was 66.

In 1997, scientists in Scotland announced they had succeeded in cloning an adult mammal, producing a lamb named "Dolly." (Dolly, however, was later put down after a short life marred by premature aging and disease.)
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 06:36:56 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Management 101 Dave
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 06:37:09 AM
Ten years ago: Britain's Ministry of Defense announced that Prince Harry, a second lieutenant in the British army, would be deployed to Iraq (officials later reversed the decision because of insurgent threats; Harry later served two tours of duty in Afghanistan). The U.N. nuclear watchdog agency said Iran had ignored a Security Council ultimatum to freeze uranium enrichment, and instead expanded its program by setting up hundreds of centrifuges.

Five years ago: Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum swapped accusations about health care, spending earmarks and federal bailouts in the 20th debate of the roller-coaster race for the Republican presidential nomination, held in Mesa, Arizona. Two Marine Corps helicopters collided over a remote section of the California desert during a nighttime exercise, killing seven Marines. A jury in Charlottesville, Virginia, found University of Virginia lacrosse player George W. Huguely (HYOOG'-lee) V (the Fifth) guilty of second-degree murder in the death of his ex-girlfriend and lacrosse player Yeardley (YAHRD'-lee) Love in May 2010 (Huguely was sentenced to 23 years in prison).

One year ago: President Barack Obama sent lawmakers an official $1.9 billion request to combat the spread of the Zika (ZEE'-kuh) virus in Latin America and the U.S. (Congress passed a $1.1 billion package in Sept. 2016.) The City Council of Charlotte, North Carolina, voted 7-4 to pass a new law allowing transgender people to choose public bathrooms that corresponded to their gender identity. Country singer Sonny James, 87, died in Nashville. British cinematographer Douglas Slocombe, 103, died in London. The Lady Vols' streak of 565 consecutive weeks in The Associated Press women's basketball poll ended as Tennessee fell out of the Top 25.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 06:38:02 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actor Paul Dooley is 89. Actor James Hong is 88. Movie director Jonathan Demme (DEH'-mee) is 73. Actor John Ashton is 69. Actress Miou-Miou is 67. Actress Julie Walters is 67. Basketball Hall of Famer Julius Erving is 67. Actress Ellen Greene is 66. Former Sen. Bill Frist, R-Tenn., is 65. Former White House adviser David Axelrod is 62. Actor Kyle MacLachlan is 58. World Golf Hall of Famer Vijay Singh is 54. Actress-comedian Rachel Dratch is 51. Actor Paul Lieberstein is 50. Actress Jeri Ryan is 49. Actor Thomas Jane is 48. TV host Clinton Kelly is 48. Actress Tamara Mello is 47. Actress-singer Lea Salonga (LAY'-uh suh-LONG'-guh) is 46. Actor Jose Solano is 46. International Tennis Hall-of-Famer Michael Chang is 45. Rock musician Scott Phillips is 44. Singer James Blunt is 43. Actress Drew Barrymore is 42. Actress Liza Huber is 42. Rock singer Tom Higgenson (Plain White T's) is 38. Actor Zach Roerig is 32. Actor Daniel E. Smith is 27.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 06:38:36 AM
Thought for Today: "It is infinitely better to have a few good men than many indifferent ones." - President George Washington (1732-1799).
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 06:53:39 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Management 101 Dave
Yup, back for day 2, upside is tomorrow I head to SC.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 06:59:53 AM
Morning YardDave and TrainingDave.  And a shout out to RecappinTony.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 07:00:29 AM
Chilly 43 this morning but sunny and 85 tips afternoon.  Yard work day for me.
Back into the 70's here for three days starting tomorrow.  Ridiculous for February.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: sfish on February 22, 2017, 07:03:04 AM
Good morning boys
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 07:03:09 AM
Looks like Wet Wednesday Golfing for Dean
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 07:03:44 AM
Morning Bean and Fish
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 07:04:55 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Management 101 Dave
Yup, back for day 2, upside is tomorrow I head to SC.
Yeah but you probably better spend the weekend in the Library getting smart by reading those management books.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 07:22:45 AM
Looks like Wet Wednesday Golfing for Dean
That's what he gets for passing up yesterday.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 07:24:15 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Management 101 Dave
Yup, back for day 2, upside is tomorrow I head to SC.
Yeah but you probably better spend the weekend in the Library getting smart by reading those management books.
I've already got a ton of them from all the other great courses I've had to take over the years...haven't quite gotten to them yet.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 07:25:08 AM
Morning YardDave and TrainingDave.  And a shout out to RecappinTony.
He did a fine job yesterday, didn't he?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 07:25:48 AM
Morning Mr. Bean and Mr. Fishy.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 07:26:33 AM
Buy Your Tickets Now before they run out!

$403 Million Powerball Jackpot Drawing Tonight
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 07:26:54 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 07:27:20 AM
Buy Your Tickets Now before they run out!

$403 Million Powerball Jackpot Drawing Tonight
All good to go!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 07:27:26 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Management 101 Dave
Yup, back for day 2, upside is tomorrow I head to SC.
Yeah but you probably better spend the weekend in the Library getting smart by reading those management books.
I've already got a ton of them from all the other great courses I've had to take over the years...haven't quite gotten to them yet.
Well that explains why you are taking another one, you could have cleped out.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 07:28:29 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
Haha, and the "off-limits" remote shed doesn't bode well, either.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 07:33:52 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
The thought crossed my mind............. And the yard shed is not included in the rent but he did not tell Dean that in the beginning ......... Reminds me of when I rented my son a house his first year of college and the landlord called him raising hell because he parked his car in the garage, said the garage was not included.......ended up having to sue the bastard.

Edit:  and then there is the little matter of him trying to cash the post-dated check early.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 07:39:56 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Management 101 Dave
Yup, back for day 2, upside is tomorrow I head to SC.
Yeah but you probably better spend the weekend in the Library getting smart by reading those management books.
I've already got a ton of them from all the other great courses I've had to take over the years...haven't quite gotten to them yet.
Well that explains why you are taking another one, you could have cleped out.
So now you are in a remedial class?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 07:43:24 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
The thought crossed my mind............. And the yard shed is not included in the rent but he did not tell Dean that in the beginning ......... Reminds me of when I rented my son a house his first year of college and the landlord called him raising hell because he parked his car in the garage, said the garage was not included.......ended up having to sue the bastard.

Edit:  and then there is the little matter of him trying to cash the post-dated check early.
Yep, another installment in the Chronicles of Dean in the offing.  Valentines Day was a dud, but this one has potential!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: sfish on February 22, 2017, 07:43:31 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
The thought crossed my mind............. And the yard shed is not included in the rent but he did not tell Dean that in the beginning ......... Reminds me of when I rented my son a house his first year of college and the landlord called him raising hell because he parked his car in the garage, said the garage was not included.......ended up having to sue the bastard.

Edit:  and then there is the little matter of him trying to cash the post-dated check early.
You guys are crazy, this can't happen to Dean...it's Florida!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 07:44:53 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
The thought crossed my mind............. And the yard shed is not included in the rent but he did not tell Dean that in the beginning ......... Reminds me of when I rented my son a house his first year of college and the landlord called him raising hell because he parked his car in the garage, said the garage was not included.......ended up having to sue the bastard.

Edit:  and then there is the little matter of him trying to cash the post-dated check early.
You guys are crazy, this can't happen to Dean...it's Florida!
I smell cease and desist in the air
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 07:58:55 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Management 101 Dave
Yup, back for day 2, upside is tomorrow I head to SC.
Yeah but you probably better spend the weekend in the Library getting smart by reading those management books.
I've already got a ton of them from all the other great courses I've had to take over the years...haven't quite gotten to them yet.
Well that explains why you are taking another one, you could have cleped out.
No on line option here, gotta be in person, otherwise you couldn't participate in the multiple workouts and scenarios.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 07:59:08 AM
What's up, humps?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 08:00:44 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
Haha, and the "off-limits" remote shed doesn't bode well, either.
Wonder if that shed has a bit of a chemical odor?....He did say they put it far from the house....
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 08:01:15 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Management 101 Dave
Yup, back for day 2, upside is tomorrow I head to SC.
Yeah but you probably better spend the weekend in the Library getting smart by reading those management books.
I've already got a ton of them from all the other great courses I've had to take over the years...haven't quite gotten to them yet.
Well that explains why you are taking another one, you could have cleped out.
So now you are in a remedial class?
Special needs....
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 08:02:28 AM
RecapTony, good morning.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 08:02:55 AM
Off to get learned some more, have a good one all.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 08:05:48 AM
[...]
Wow, Drew Barrymore is 42? I feel like E.T. wasn't that old of a movie.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 08:09:43 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
Haha, and the "off-limits" remote shed doesn't bode well, either.
Wonder if that shed has a bit of a chemical odor?....He did say they put it far from the house....
Also crossed my mind, probably a residue of drain cleaner and battery acid........
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 08:10:32 AM
Morning CarolinaDave.
Morning Management 101 Dave
Yup, back for day 2, upside is tomorrow I head to SC.
Yeah but you probably better spend the weekend in the Library getting smart by reading those management books.
I've already got a ton of them from all the other great courses I've had to take over the years...haven't quite gotten to them yet.
Well that explains why you are taking another one, you could have cleped out.
So now you are in a remedial class?
Special needs....
You the oldest kid in the class? ;D
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 08:10:50 AM
RecapTony, good morning.
My recapping days are over, despite the kind words from Mark and you. It was more of an experiment.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 08:11:11 AM
Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 08:15:11 AM
Super bright sunrise here this morning
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: sfish on February 22, 2017, 08:15:39 AM
[...]
That means you're old too
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 08:19:23 AM
Morning Mayor
Good morning, Dave. Should be a slow day here. I'm off to the outplacement office for a day of studying.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 08:19:39 AM
[...]
No shit.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: sfish on February 22, 2017, 08:20:33 AM
RecapTony, good morning.
My recapping days are over, despite the kind words from Mark and you. It was more of an experiment.
Relax, it was really only because Dave wasn't here to do it
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 08:44:58 AM
RecapTony, good morning.
My recapping days are over, despite the kind words from Mark and you. It was more of an experiment.
Relax, it was really only because Dave wasn't here to do it
I know. I just didn't want Dave to get any ideas to pawn it off on me.

Edit: I'm too busy moderating. Hahaha
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 09:01:50 AM
Looks like Wet Wednesday Golfing for Dean
no golf for me. meeting with new landlord going over the lease, measure windows for blinds nd curtains, and more packing.

good morning all.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 09:03:15 AM
G'Morning, Humpers...
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 09:03:22 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 09:04:21 AM
Morning BS and Dean
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 09:04:49 AM
Montecristo and some miscellaneous silver items at the Page.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 09:05:52 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
Haha, and the "off-limits" remote shed doesn't bode well, either.
Wonder if that shed has a bit of a chemical odor?....He did say they put it far from the house....
Also crossed my mind, probably a residue of drain cleaner and battery acid........
full of his mom's extra furnature.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 09:07:06 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Committing Fraud against government benefits is the term for that, a Felony.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 09:10:06 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Committing Fraud against government benefits is the term for that, a Felony.

Exactly... you're supposed to exploit the legal loopholes in the system for tax benefits.  ;)
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 09:14:44 AM
Montecristo and some miscellaneous silver items at the Page.

I'm wondering if folks are using that tea chest for a watch box... seems odd being sold out all the time to a bunch of cigar smoking coffee swillers. Then again, Mother's Day is only a few months away.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 09:15:04 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Committing Fraud against government benefits is the term for that, a Felony.
there's no fraud in Florida, just look at our governor, look at our president.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 09:17:27 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Committing Fraud against government benefits is the term for that, a Felony.

Exactly... you're supposed to exploit the legal loopholes in the system for tax benefits.  ;)
fuck tax benefits. so long as I'm out of the park.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 09:23:32 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Committing Fraud against government benefits is the term for that, a Felony.

Exactly... you're supposed to exploit the legal loopholes in the system for tax benefits.  ;)
fuck tax benefits. so long as I'm out of the park.

Glad you're out as well. Just read, sign and copy the renters contract. Don't want him putting you out on a whim... #RentersLivesMatter

Morning, Deano
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 09:26:48 AM
thick cut bacon and eggs cooking.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 09:28:58 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Committing Fraud against government benefits is the term for that, a Felony.

Exactly... you're supposed to exploit the legal loopholes in the system for tax benefits.  ;)
fuck tax benefits. so long as I'm out of the park.

Glad you're out as well. Just read, sign and copy the renters contract. Don't want him putting you out on a whim... #RentersLivesMatter

Morning, Deano

he's just a backwoods, redneck, cracker trying to make a go in life.

morning BS.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 09:32:49 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Committing Fraud against government benefits is the term for that, a Felony.
Exactly... you're supposed to exploit the legal loopholes in the system for tax benefits.  ;)
fuck tax benefits. so long as I'm out of the park.
Glad you're out as well. Just read, sign and copy the renters contract. Don't want him putting you out on a whim... #RentersLivesMatter

Morning, Deano
he's just a backwoods, redneck, cracker capitalist real estate investor trying to make a go in life.

morning BS.
Fixed it.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 09:35:41 AM
@Fish... there's some of the CAO Pilons behind door #2 you inquired about the other day.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 09:44:14 AM
Good morning, Dean and Steve.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 09:46:31 AM
@drinkers: Today is National Margarita Day.  Salud!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 09:50:33 AM
@drinkers: Today is National Margarita Day.  Salud!
On what side of the wall?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 09:53:02 AM
Good morning, Dean and Steve.

Howdy, Antnee... Don't forget to study today.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 09:56:08 AM
By the way, just finishing up a Quesada Heisenberg. Not a great cigar. Draw is too loose. Decent enough morning smoke if you smoke it slowly. Grabbed it because I figured I'd have to pitch it half way through and didn't want to waste a good cigar. In typical procrastination fashion, I'm nubbing it.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 09:56:28 AM
@drinkers: Today is National Margarita Day.  Salud!
On what side of the wall?

He didn't specify "Texas Margarita Day"... so, must be the south side.

I think Wednesday is also the international day for discounted margaritas at most of the Mexican food outlets as well. #MakeEmDoubles
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 10:12:46 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Committing Fraud against government benefits is the term for that, a Felony.

Exactly... you're supposed to exploit the legal loopholes in the system for tax benefits.  ;)
Unfortunately that is neither a loophole or legal.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 10:17:03 AM
By the way, just finishing up a Quesada Heisenberg. Not a great cigar. Draw is too loose. Decent enough morning smoke if you smoke it slowly. Grabbed it because I figured I'd have to pitch it half way through and didn't want to waste a good cigar. In typical procrastination fashion, I'm nubbing it.
Reached the same conclusion.  Don't remember about the draw, but otherwise had higher expectations from that stick (TWSS).
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 10:19:08 AM
@drinkers: Today is National Margarita Day.  Salud!
On what side of the wall?
He didn't specify "Texas Margarita Day"... so, must be the south side.

I think Wednesday is also the international day for discounted margaritas at most of the Mexican food outlets as well. #MakeEmDoubles
It's "National", not Nacional, so not on the 100% spanish speaking side of the wall, only the 75% side.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 10:23:59 AM
Seems like a very decent deal on the Mash, $44.79 for 10 delivered with the Cat code.  Checked and the code works.

Thoughts?

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack

4 3/4 x 52

MSRP: $53.75
Monster Price: $26.98 w/ FREE Economy Shipping
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 10:33:13 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Committing Fraud against government benefits is the term for that, a Felony.

Exactly... you're supposed to exploit the legal loopholes in the system for tax benefits.  ;)
Unfortunately that is neither a loophole or legal.

Although that is true, I'm sure there are plenty of retired folks who are not reporting all their additional income... which would technically be fraud as well.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 10:36:14 AM
Why am I getting a bad feeling about this cash only rental deal for Dean?....what could go wrong....?
the guy is on SS Disability and has to hide his income.
Committing Fraud against government benefits is the term for that, a Felony.

Exactly... you're supposed to exploit the legal loopholes in the system for tax benefits.  ;)
Unfortunately that is neither a loophole or legal.

Although that is true, I'm sure there are plenty of retired folks who are not reporting all their additional income... which would technically be fraud as well.
Very True but ever now and then one gets caught.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 10:38:19 AM
Seems like a very decent deal on the Mash, $44.79 for 10 delivered with the Cat code.  Checked and the code works.

Thoughts?

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack

4 3/4 x 52

MSRP: $53.75
Monster Price: $26.98 w/ FREE Economy Shipping

NJDave said it was a good smoke, and at this price point, probably a buy if you were interested at all. I personally haven't tried it yet.... only asked when they started appearing there.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 10:39:52 AM
Seems like a very decent deal on the Mash, $44.79 for 10 delivered with the Cat code.  Checked and the code works.

Thoughts?

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack

4 3/4 x 52

MSRP: $53.75
Monster Price: $26.98 w/ FREE Economy Shipping

NJDave said it was a good smoke, and at this price point, probably a buy if you were interested at all. I personally haven't tried it yet.... only asked when they started appearing there.
Based on his recent recommendation of the smoke I hit on 10 at less than half price shipped.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 10:41:49 AM
Seems like a very decent deal on the Mash, $44.79 for 10 delivered with the Cat code.  Checked and the code works.

Thoughts?

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack

4 3/4 x 52

MSRP: $53.75
Monster Price: $26.98 w/ FREE Economy Shipping
I've only smoked one and recall enjoying it. That seems like a good deal on those if the code works.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 10:48:08 AM
Seems like a very decent deal on the Mash, $44.79 for 10 delivered with the Cat code.  Checked and the code works.

Thoughts?

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack

4 3/4 x 52

MSRP: $53.75
Monster Price: $26.98 w/ FREE Economy Shipping
I've only smoked one and recall enjoying it. That seems like a good deal on those if the code works.
Worked for me, I bought 10 for the $44.79
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 10:50:25 AM
Nice deal at Holt's on LAdC's and LGC's if you're in the market.  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FS022217&utm_content=FS022217 (http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FS022217&utm_content=FS022217)
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 10:50:26 AM
going to take a break and head to a noon meeting before seeing the landlord.
later guys.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 11:01:36 AM
Seems like a very decent deal on the Mash, $44.79 for 10 delivered with the Cat code.  Checked and the code works.

Thoughts?

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack

4 3/4 x 52

MSRP: $53.75
Monster Price: $26.98 w/ FREE Economy Shipping
I've only smoked one and recall enjoying it. That seems like a good deal on those if the code works.
Worked for me, I bought 10 for the $44.79
I thought I had a previous post with a photo & review on here somewhere but my search came back empty. You already pulled the trigger anyway.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 11:02:11 AM
going to take a break and head to a noon meeting before seeing the landlord.
later guys.
Have a great day, Dean.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 11:03:25 AM
ClemsonDave has some 'splainin' to do. http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article133972914.html (http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article133972914.html)
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 11:22:08 AM
ClemsonDave has some 'splainin' to do. http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article133972914.html (http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article133972914.html)
Spray paint?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 11:34:28 AM
Time to spread some mulch.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Threebean on February 22, 2017, 11:37:10 AM
Time to spread some mulch.
I guess you've spread enough manure here, might as well move outside with it.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 11:37:21 AM
Time to spread some mulch.
I thought we were already doing that here.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 11:37:57 AM
Time to spread some mulch.
I guess you've spread enough manure here, might as well move outside with it.
Sheesh!  Beat me to it Marky.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 11:55:06 AM
Nice deal at Holt's on LAdC's and LGC's if you're in the market.  http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FS022217&utm_content=FS022217 (http://www.holts.com/specials/1-day-flash-sale.html?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FS022217&utm_content=FS022217)

Not bad... definitely more interesting than the store labels that have usually been on display for that deal.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 12:50:17 PM
Time to spread some mulch.
I guess you've spread enough manure here, might as well move outside with it.
Sheesh!  Beat me to it Marky.
GFY's, both of you!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 01:08:26 PM
Just save yourself the trouble of looking at the dot.biz Room 101 Discontinued Specials!  It is a joke at best.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on February 22, 2017, 01:23:06 PM
hello boys, got a late start today,  at work now.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 01:24:12 PM
hello boys, got a late start today,  at work now.
Afternoon Mr. Flip
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 01:31:45 PM
Just save yourself the trouble of looking at the dot.biz Room 101 Discontinued Specials!  It is a joke at best.

The La Duenas weren't too bad for 5/$18.45 using the code and Free shipping. So, I picked up a couple.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: sfish on February 22, 2017, 01:32:23 PM
Just save yourself the trouble of looking at the dot.biz Room 101 Discontinued Specials!  It is a joke at best.
It's just not going to happen like we want it to, is it?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 01:34:58 PM
hello boys, got a late start today,  at work now.

Afternoon, Flip...
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 01:38:05 PM
Just save yourself the trouble of looking at the dot.biz Room 101 Discontinued Specials!  It is a joke at best.
It's just not going to happen like we want it to, is it?

If you're hoping for sub $2 Namakubis, then probably not.

They had at least 35 PC singles. They'd be $3/stick with the code. They are $18-20 a 5er on the auction... plus ship.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 01:57:43 PM
Just save yourself the trouble of looking at the dot.biz Room 101 Discontinued Specials!  It is a joke at best.
It's just not going to happen like we want it to, is it?
Does not look good but I am holding out
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 01:58:31 PM
Just save yourself the trouble of looking at the dot.biz Room 101 Discontinued Specials!  It is a joke at best.

The La Duenas weren't too bad for 5/$18.45 using the code and Free shipping. So, I picked up a couple.
Good price but I am not a big fan of them.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 02:00:14 PM
Man, this yard work is kicking my ass!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 02:00:50 PM
Just save yourself the trouble of looking at the dot.biz Room 101 Discontinued Specials!  It is a joke at best.

The La Duenas weren't too bad for 5/$18.45 using the code and Free shipping. So, I picked up a couple.
Good price but I am not a big fan of them.

Doesn't matter... just buy 'em. You have tubs!  You can sell for profit in the future! ;D
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 02:06:24 PM
Man, this yard work is kicking my ass!

Surprised you haven't just started paying someone yet. Does the new place have a groundskeeper service?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 02:13:02 PM
Man, this yard work is kicking my ass!

Surprised you haven't just started paying someone yet. Does the new place have a groundskeeper service?
Used to have someone but you have to watch them all the damn time so might as well do it myself
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 02:30:50 PM
sonofabitch! the landlord won't be around until 6-6:30. he's got a lot of work to do to have it ready in a week for me.
BrickHouse toro while I entertain packing.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 02:37:34 PM
Second week no alphabet deals?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 02:39:17 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 02:50:00 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
afternoon Rick. all of the colleges are complaining. think you're short handed now just wait when they start cutting your department more.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 02:59:33 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
afternoon Rick. all of the colleges are complaining. think you're short handed now just wait when they start cutting your department more.

"Do more with less... it's not just for twss anymore!"
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 03:17:23 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
afternoon Rick. all of the colleges are complaining. think you're short handed now just wait when they start cutting your department more.
I know Bud. Governor thinks he's going to give out free education to all the SUNY schools too. Cuomo is smoking something funny.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 03:22:57 PM
So Dean. I wish you well... Drop me a line. I don't know what you been up to. Seems we both been busy.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 04:01:50 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
afternoon Rick. all of the colleges are complaining. think you're short handed now just wait when they start cutting your department more.

"Do more with less... it's not just for twss anymore!"
LMAO
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 04:03:09 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
afternoon Rick. all of the colleges are complaining. think you're short handed now just wait when they start cutting your department more.
I know Bud. Governor thinks he's going to give out free education to all the SUNY schools too. Cuomo is smoking something funny.
…and it ain't a seegar.  Afternoon Mr. Not-So-Happy Poop
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on February 22, 2017, 04:19:40 PM
Ding... Ding... Ding...Dow 20,775.60 +32.60 (+0.16%)
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 04:20:55 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
Usually doesn't happen this early in the year.  What's your fiscal calendar?
If they ask for any input, just suggest that trimming the VP's by one third will pretty much take care of everything.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 04:22:20 PM
So Dean. I wish you well... Drop me a line. I don't know what you been up to. Seems we both been busy.
yes we have. I'm in the process of moving.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 04:23:10 PM
Long day of working done and all cleaned up.

MC2 Lancero lit and a Pat-Rye Revolutionary Pale Ale to sip, very refreshing beer.

Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 04:24:15 PM
So Dean. I wish you well... Drop me a line. I don't know what you been up to. Seems we both been busy.
yes we have. I'm in the process of moving.
Been in the process of "moving" today myself.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on February 22, 2017, 04:25:18 PM
So Dean. I wish you well... Drop me a line. I don't know what you been up to. Seems we both been busy.
yes we have. I'm in the process of moving.
Been in the process of "moving" today myself.
everyone needs a good movement.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 04:27:02 PM
Ding... Ding... Ding...Dow 20,775.60 +32.60 (+0.16%)
Not good enough.....I'm spoiled.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 04:27:25 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
Usually doesn't happen this early in the year.  What's your fiscal calendar?
If they ask for any input, just suggest that trimming the VP's by one third will pretty much take care of everything.
Travellin Dave learned some management today, cut-cut-cut, but he has more to learn.  You cut from the bottom up and give thee senior management raises for thinking of it and being bold!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 04:27:37 PM
So Dean. I wish you well... Drop me a line. I don't know what you been up to. Seems we both been busy.
yes we have. I'm in the process of moving.
Been in the process of "moving" today myself.
everyone needs a good movement.
Sure this is a good one?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 04:28:36 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
Usually doesn't happen this early in the year.  What's your fiscal calendar?
If they ask for any input, just suggest that trimming the VP's by one third will pretty much take care of everything.
Travellin Dave learned some management today, cut-cut-cut, but he has more to learn.  You cut from the bottom up and give thee senior management raises for thinking of it and being bold!
Exactly....I was taking a dump during that section.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 04:29:11 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
Usually doesn't happen this early in the year.  What's your fiscal calendar?
If they ask for any input, just suggest that trimming the VP's by one third will pretty much take care of everything.
Travellin Dave learned some management today, cut-cut-cut, but he has more to learn.  You cut from the bottom up and give thee senior management raises for thinking of it and being bold!
Exactly....I was taking a dump during that section.
As if it's not apparent why I need remedial education.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 04:33:51 PM
Home from my misguided training...La Antiguedad and a Sam Winter Lager.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 04:42:26 PM
Home from my misguided training...La Antiguedad and a Sam Winter Lager.
Winter Lager :o. It is a smooth 90 degrees here now.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 04:44:45 PM
Home from my misguided training...La Antiguedad and a Sam Winter Lager.
Winter Lager :o . It is a smooth 90 degrees here now.
We're having May weather in February.  Range of temps for the month from 12° to 75°.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 04:45:54 PM
Home from my misguided training...La Antiguedad and a Sam Winter Lager.
Winter Lager :o . It is a smooth 90 degrees here now.
We're having May weather in February.  Range of temps for the month from 12° to 75°.
Al Gores Fault!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 04:46:40 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
Usually doesn't happen this early in the year.  What's your fiscal calendar?
If they ask for any input, just suggest that trimming the VP's by one third will pretty much take care of everything.
Travellin Dave learned some management today, cut-cut-cut, but he has more to learn.  You cut from the bottom up and give thee senior management raises for thinking of it and being bold!
Exactly....I was taking a dump during that section.
As if it's not apparent why I need remedial education.
Remedial reading?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 04:47:05 PM
Thanks for the comedy relief. My fiscal year starts July 1st the end of a 5 year contract. At least my skills are in high demand. I am just being prepped for a GFY. come time for raise.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 04:47:17 PM
Home from my misguided training...La Antiguedad and a Sam Winter Lager.
Winter Lager :o . It is a smooth 90 degrees here now.
We're having May weather in February.  Range of temps for the month from 12° to 75°.
Al Gores Fault!
Get that man (Al Gore) a burger!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 04:50:51 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
Usually doesn't happen this early in the year.  What's your fiscal calendar?
If they ask for any input, just suggest that trimming the VP's by one third will pretty much take care of everything.
Travellin Dave learned some management today, cut-cut-cut, but he has more to learn.  You cut from the bottom up and give thee senior management raises for thinking of it and being bold!
Exactly....I was taking a dump during that section.
As if it's not apparent why I need remedial education.
Remedial reading?
Yeah all them CI & .Com catalogues
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 04:52:13 PM
Thanks for the comedy relief. My fiscal year starts July 1st the end of a 5 year contract. At least my skills are in high demand. I am just being prepped for a GFY. come time for raise.
Always got me at the end of the year, here I was eminently more qualified that I was at the end of last year and me believing my salary should reflect the increased skill set but NOOOooo!  .025%!  Sheesh!  Doesn't even cover the cost of living.  Not my fault the idiots running the joint can't turn a profit.  I did my part and me expecting them to do theirs.  Stepping down from my soapbox.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 04:53:20 PM
At work and institution is crying broke. More meetings on how they have no money. I could really go for a cigar right now.
Usually doesn't happen this early in the year.  What's your fiscal calendar?
If they ask for any input, just suggest that trimming the VP's by one third will pretty much take care of everything.
Travellin Dave learned some management today, cut-cut-cut, but he has more to learn.  You cut from the bottom up and give thee senior management raises for thinking of it and being bold!
Exactly....I was taking a dump during that section.
As if it's not apparent why I need remedial education.
Remedial reading?
Yeah all them CI & .Com catalogues
Gotta watch those slick pages after "moving".
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 04:54:56 PM
Home from my misguided training...La Antiguedad and a Sam Winter Lager.
Winter Lager :o. It is a smooth 90 degrees here now.
60's here, but I have winter stock to use up before moving on to spring spirits.  I did have a Cold Snap over the weekend.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 04:58:23 PM
Thanks for the comedy relief. My fiscal year starts July 1st the end of a 5 year contract. At least my skills are in high demand. I am just being prepped for a GFY. come time for raise.
Remind them that three happy poops qualifies for at least a 3% raise.  Cost of living and merit on top of that.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 04:58:54 PM
Home from my misguided training...La Antiguedad and a Sam Winter Lager.
Winter Lager :o . It is a smooth 90 degrees here now.
60's here, but I have winter stock to use up before moving on to spring spirits.  I did have a Cold Snap over the weekend.
60's up into the 70's for the rest of the week.  The birds are going crazy.  May in February.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 05:00:37 PM
LMFAO

DWI suspect does cartwheels during sobriety test

http://kxan.com/2017/02/22/video-dwi-suspect-does-cartwheels-during-sobriety-test/
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 05:03:29 PM
Home from my misguided training...La Antiguedad and a Sam Winter Lager.
Winter Lager :o . It is a smooth 90 degrees here now.
60's here, but I have winter stock to use up before moving on to spring spirits.  I did have a Cold Snap over the weekend.
60's up into the 70's for the rest of the week.  The birds are going crazy.  May in February.
Another hard winter blast or two is highly likely
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 05:08:42 PM
Home from my misguided training...La Antiguedad and a Sam Winter Lager.
Winter Lager :o . It is a smooth 90 degrees here now.
60's here, but I have winter stock to use up before moving on to spring spirits.  I did have a Cold Snap over the weekend.
60's up into the 70's for the rest of the week.  The birds are going crazy.  May in February.
Another hard winter blast or two is highly likely
Still anticipating that big final snowstorm of the winter.  Always good for one between now and the end of March.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 05:10:50 PM
@ Travellin Dave - did you see the Sobremesa deal?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 05:14:55 PM
Thanks for the comedy relief. My fiscal year starts July 1st the end of a 5 year contract. At least my skills are in high demand. I am just being prepped for a GFY. come time for raise.
Remind them that three happy poops qualifies for at least a 3% raise.  Cost of living and merit on top of that.
And who is going to run their equipment. 600 kW generator(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/5b84abc36d93fde14fe976486d4094a8.jpg)
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 05:15:40 PM
Doing a monthly right now under load bank.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 05:16:36 PM
Thanks for the comedy relief. My fiscal year starts July 1st the end of a 5 year contract. At least my skills are in high demand. I am just being prepped for a GFY. come time for raise.
Remind them that three happy poops qualifies for at least a 3% raise.  Cost of living and merit on top of that.
And who is going to run their equipment. 600 kW generator(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/5b84abc36d93fde14fe976486d4094a8.jpg)
Tony can best explain how that works.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 05:21:57 PM
@ Travellin Dave - did you see the Sobremesa deal?
No please share
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: flip from jersey on February 22, 2017, 05:23:38 PM
take care guys, going to head home soon.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 05:24:01 PM
take care guys, going to head home soon.
Later Flip
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 05:25:15 PM
@ Travellin Dave - did you see the Sobremesa deal?
No please share
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove

Seems like a very decent deal on the Mash, $44.79 for 10 delivered with the Cat code.  Checked and the code works.

Thoughts?

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack

4 3/4 x 52

MSRP: $53.75
Monster Price: $26.98 w/ FREE Economy Shipping
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 05:28:46 PM
Steve Saka makes great cigars and worth the extra$ YMMV
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 05:35:55 PM
Mi qurida is an excellent stick

Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 05:44:31 PM
@ Travellin Dave - did you see the Sobremesa deal?
No, been offline.  Where is it?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 05:46:32 PM
I like the Melanio Churchill's at 6 bucks over there.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 05:47:00 PM
@ Travellin Dave - did you see the Sobremesa deal?
No, been offline.  Where is it?
Monster
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 05:48:03 PM
@ Travellin Dave - did you see the Sobremesa deal?
No please share
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove

Seems like a very decent deal on the Mash, $44.79 for 10 delivered with the Cat code.  Checked and the code works.

Thoughts?

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack

4 3/4 x 52

MSRP: $53.75
Monster Price: $26.98 w/ FREE Economy Shipping
Good offering and price.  Not my preferred vitola so won't be jumping.
Like Rick, I like the Mi Querida more, but the Sobremesa is solid.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on February 22, 2017, 06:03:28 PM
@ Travellin Dave - did you see the Sobremesa deal?
No please share
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove

Seems like a very decent deal on the Mash, $44.79 for 10 delivered with the Cat code.  Checked and the code works.

Thoughts?

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack

4 3/4 x 52

MSRP: $53.75
Monster Price: $26.98 w/ FREE Economy Shipping
Good offering and price.  Not my preferred vitola so won't be jumping.
Like Rick, I like the Mi Querida more, but the Sobremesa is solid.
Seems to be the consensus.  Always appreciate the feedback on cigar offerings.  Thanks one and all.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 06:39:51 PM
@ Travellin Dave - did you see the Sobremesa deal?
No please share
ReplyQuoteModifyModifyRemoveRemove

Seems like a very decent deal on the Mash, $44.79 for 10 delivered with the Cat code.  Checked and the code works.

Thoughts?

Sobremesa Short Robusto 5 Pack

4 3/4 x 52

MSRP: $53.75
Monster Price: $26.98 w/ FREE Economy Shipping
Good offering and price.  Not my preferred vitola so won't be jumping.
Like Rick, I like the Mi Querida more, but the Sobremesa is solid.
I could not resist 10 at that price even though not my favorite vitola either
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: sfish on February 22, 2017, 07:06:14 PM
I like the Melanio Churchill's at 6 bucks over there.
I'm a fan of the Melanios, far above any other Oliva
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: bluecollar on February 22, 2017, 08:07:57 PM
I like the Melanio Churchill's at 6 bucks over there.
I'm a fan of the Melanios, far above any other Oliva
Agreed Fish, the maduros are good too they just need a couple weeks in the humidor, dry box overnight and BAM good smoke.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 08:10:13 PM
What's with all the cigar talk?
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 08:23:45 PM
What's with all the cigar talk?
That's what happens when you fall down on the monitoring.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on February 22, 2017, 09:32:27 PM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 09:51:51 PM
SHEESH!
Been a long couple of days. Reward day tomorrow.
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on February 22, 2017, 11:37:29 PM
SHEESH!
Been a long couple of days. Reward day tomorrow.
Now where could we go with that statement......
Title: Re: 2/22/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on February 22, 2017, 11:42:07 PM
SHEESH!
Been a long couple of days. Reward day tomorrow.
Now where could we go with that statement......
What ever do you mean?