Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2016, 06:17:24 PM »

Afternoon boys. Really pleasant out today. MoW LD lit, with water.  Taking a break from the f'n bathroom project.
Afternoon Bean, I thought you were finished with that project.
Not quite. Real close, but have to order a towel bar, and the warden still wants crown molding on top of the cabinets. A PITA which I've been putting off.
Ahhh, crown molding. That will test a man
Indeed.  Wall cabinets aren't really designed for it, either.
Right, usually have to add some 5/4 spruce to the top of the cabinets, attaching through the top style

« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2016, 06:26:14 PM »

Afternoon boys. Really pleasant out today. MoW LD lit, with water.  Taking a break from the f'n bathroom project.
Afternoon Bean, I thought you were finished with that project.
Not quite. Real close, but have to order a towel bar, and the warden still wants crown molding on top of the cabinets. A PITA which I've been putting off.
Ahhh, crown molding. That will test a man
Indeed.  Wall cabinets aren't really designed for it, either.
Right, usually have to add some 5/4 spruce to the top of the cabinets, attaching through the top style
I cut some 2x4 pieces from what I have on hand for that purpose.  We'll see, might be too big.  3, 2, 1.....

« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2016, 06:34:18 PM »

Afternoon boys. Really pleasant out today. MoW LD lit, with water.  Taking a break from the f'n bathroom project.
Afternoon Bean, I thought you were finished with that project.
Not quite. Real close, but have to order a towel bar, and the warden still wants crown molding on top of the cabinets. A PITA which I've been putting off.
Ahhh, crown molding. That will test a man
Indeed.  Wall cabinets aren't really designed for it, either.
Right, usually have to add some 5/4 spruce to the top of the cabinets, attaching through the top style
I cut some 2x4 pieces from what I have on hand for that purpose.  We'll see, might be too big.  3, 2, 1.....
2x4 is pretty heavy but just build the frame on the ground then attach molding from the rear so no holes to fill and set the entire assembly in place is the easiest way.

« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2016, 06:36:42 PM »

Afternoon boys. Really pleasant out today. MoW LD lit, with water.  Taking a break from the f'n bathroom project.
Afternoon Bean, I thought you were finished with that project.
Not quite. Real close, but have to order a towel bar, and the warden still wants crown molding on top of the cabinets. A PITA which I've been putting off.
Ahhh, crown molding. That will test a man
Indeed.  Wall cabinets aren't really designed for it, either.
Right, usually have to add some 5/4 spruce to the top of the cabinets, attaching through the top style
I cut some 2x4 pieces from what I have on hand for that purpose.  We'll see, might be too big.  3, 2, 1.....
2x4 is pretty heavy but just build the frame on the ground then attach molding from the rear so no holes to fill and set the entire assembly in place is the easiest way.
Good advice. I'll need some smaller profile framing material for that. Something soft which won't spilt on me.

« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2016, 06:39:07 PM »

Afternoon boys. Really pleasant out today. MoW LD lit, with water.  Taking a break from the f'n bathroom project.
Afternoon Bean, I thought you were finished with that project.
Not quite. Real close, but have to order a towel bar, and the warden still wants crown molding on top of the cabinets. A PITA which I've been putting off.
Ahhh, crown molding. That will test a man
Indeed.  Wall cabinets aren't really designed for it, either.
Right, usually have to add some 5/4 spruce to the top of the cabinets, attaching through the top style
I cut some 2x4 pieces from what I have on hand for that purpose.  We'll see, might be too big.  3, 2, 1.....
2x4 is pretty heavy but just build the frame on the ground then attach molding from the rear so no holes to fill and set the entire assembly in place is the easiest way.
I watched a YouTube video.  The guy had a pneumatic brad nailer, made it look pretty easy.  Am not about to purchase that setup for this one job.

« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2016, 06:44:06 PM »

[...]
I got one if you want to use it.

« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2016, 06:49:31 PM »

[...]
Thanks for the offer. I'll try framing them up on the bench first.  Will post a picture if it turns out well.

« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2016, 06:54:05 PM »

[...]
Put on your cussing hat and go for it!  Not that hard if you do it all on the bench and make it fit then attach the crown and set it in place.  I would not attempt it with 2x4's though.  They would hurt bad when the warden does not like it and whacks you.

« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2016, 06:56:37 PM »

[...]
Indeed.  She's pretty picky about fit and finish, though woe is me if I criticize her painting job!

« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2016, 06:57:34 PM »

Little Devil is nubbed, and it's starting to get chilly out here. Heading in. Catch up with you tomorrow.

« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2016, 06:58:40 PM »

[...]

« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2016, 07:06:57 PM »

[...]

« Reply #102 on: January 03, 2016, 07:11:12 PM »

[...]
LMAO!  Not too far from the truth.

« Reply #103 on: January 03, 2016, 07:15:32 PM »

House cleaning for the Cleveland Browns!

The Cleveland Browns fired head coach Mike Pettine following the conclusion of a 3-13 season.

General manager Ray Farmer was also fired in what is apparently a complete rebuilding of the Browns' football operations.

« Reply #104 on: January 03, 2016, 07:17:42 PM »

Afternoon boys. Really pleasant out today. MoW LD lit, with water.  Taking a break from the f'n bathroom project.
Afternoon Bean, I thought you were finished with that project.
Not quite. Real close, but have to order a towel bar, and the warden still wants crown molding on top of the cabinets. A PITA which I've been putting off.
Ahhh, crown molding. That will test a man
Indeed.  Wall cabinets aren't really designed for it, either.
Right, usually have to add some 5/4 spruce to the top of the cabinets, attaching through the top style
I cut some 2x4 pieces from what I have on hand for that purpose.  We'll see, might be too big.  3, 2, 1.....
2x4 is pretty heavy but just build the frame on the ground then attach molding from the rear so no holes to fill and set the entire assembly in place is the easiest way.
Thats basically the opposite of what I would do but have at it! Lol
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8