Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Morning Tony, Dave and Rick.
Morning, AlreadyInSCDave.
Hey, did you all catch that Oy plans to be in SC in early March? Just wondering if there was a herf in the works?
I did notice that. Not sure where SoonToBeInSCDave is heading, but hopefully it's somewhere that affords the opportunity for a quick meetup.
Just two weeks in Murrells Inlet as we look for a place to move in two years. Getting old and cold here, need to make that move.
Good choice, although the market now may not be the best time to buy.  Good to look, but...
While taxes and such are much lower here, you may want to consider coastal NC as they don't tax social security.  Sunset Beach (just north of North Myrtle) is a popular spot, with others between there and Wilmington.
Always learning on the banter.
And I pay less in a year than I did per quarter in property taxes.
That part isn't surprising at all.
It is not a buyers market for sure. If we can find a nice 2/2 or 3/2 at $200 or less we will take it. If not then we will look for a real home in two years. I did hear that there are great deals in eastern Ukraine.
I heard the same. Practically a steal.

Today's commentary from GunNutRaz.

I am completely sold on the performance of the Sig Sauer P320 platform as a personal defense sidearm.  I've been carrying, training with, and competing with a P320 for three years.  Its one flaw, in my opinion, is the shape of the grip.  Grip is a very personal thing, obviously, and the modularity of the P320 allows for choosing grip size. But the Sig grip modules until now all had a somewhat oval shape that I don't find conducive a consistent draw at combat speeds.  The aftermarket Mirzon module was an improvement, and that is what I've been using, but it still didn't feel really right to me, and I still found myself often wishing for the grip of the Sig DA/SA weapons on a striker-fired firearm.

Apparently I wasn't the only one.  Last night I discovered they've released the P320 AXG.  It's a P320 with an alloy grip module designed after the steel-bodied Sigs.  Hallelujah.  I just ordered this one, and a friend pounced when I offered to sell him my existing sidearm.

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz and Oy.
G'day, T.
Interesting about the gun but sorry I can't banter back. Never fired one. Maybe someday. I think my brother recently bought one and perhaps I'll accompany him to the range.

[...]

sweet Bret.
and good afternoon.

Might have to have a cup of coffee and a cigar since I have 5 + hours to go

Might have to have a cup of coffee and a cigar since I have 5 + hours to go
I'd say you need both, stat!

Might have to have a cup of coffee and a cigar since I have 5 + hours to go
I'd say you need both, stat!
I needed something

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz and Oy.
G'day, T.
Interesting about the gun but sorry I can't banter back. Never fired one. Maybe someday. I think my brother recently bought one and perhaps I'll accompany him to the range.
Well, you're in Jersey, so...

6to12 inches of snow on Friday... UGH
But it was in the 60's today right?

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz and Oy.
G'day, T.
Interesting about the gun but sorry I can't banter back. Never fired one. Maybe someday. I think my brother recently bought one and perhaps I'll accompany him to the range.
Well, you're in Jersey, so...
Hard to purchase there for sure.

Into the mild evening.

Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz and Oy.
G'day, T.
Interesting about the gun but sorry I can't banter back. Never fired one. Maybe someday. I think my brother recently bought one and perhaps I'll accompany him to the range.
Think I need some range time.  Maybe Friday.

6to12 inches of snow on Friday... UGH
But it was in the 60's today right?
Maybe in April
Logged