CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: 2/23/2022  (Read 1891 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 2/23/2022
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2022, 11:53:48 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Morning, Page2Raz, GettingUpThereInYearsOy.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2022, 12:45:09 PM »

Morning Tony, Dave and Rick.
Morning, AlreadyInSCDave.
Hey, did you all catch that Oy plans to be in SC in early March? Just wondering if there was a herf in the works?
I did notice that. Not sure where SoonToBeInSCDave is heading, but hopefully it's somewhere that affords the opportunity for a quick meetup.
He usually goes to the coast...I think Myrtle Beach.  Opposite side of the state from me, over 4 1/2 hour drive.
Not too far from CarolinaDave however.  I was thinking about reaching out to him with COVID stuff starting to settle down.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2022, 12:50:16 PM »

Hey, did you all catch that Oy plans to be in SC in early March? Just wondering if there was a herf in the works?
I did notice that. Not sure where SoonToBeInSCDave is heading, but hopefully it's somewhere that affords the opportunity for a quick meetup.
Just two weeks in Murrells Inlet as we look for a place to move in two years. Getting old and cold here, need to make that move.
Good choice, although the market now may not be the best time to buy.  Good to look, but...
While taxes and such are much lower here, you may want to consider coastal NC as they don't tax social security.  Sunset Beach (just north of North Myrtle) is a popular spot, with others between there and Wilmington.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2022, 01:05:46 PM »

Just two weeks in Murrells Inlet as we look for a place to move in two years. Getting old and cold here, need to make that move.
Good choice, although the market now may not be the best time to buy.  Good to look, but...
While taxes and such are much lower here, you may want to consider coastal NC as they don't tax social security.  Sunset Beach (just north of North Myrtle) is a popular spot, with others between there and Wilmington.
Always learning on the banter.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2022, 01:08:25 PM »

We were considering a week in that area over Memorial Day. Not sure the Mrs made any progress on that front. Plus kitchen remodel will not likely make it possible this year.
Cheaper than a week at the Jersey shore.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2022, 01:10:25 PM »

And I pay less in a year than I did per quarter in property taxes.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2022, 01:12:12 PM »

That part isn't surprising at all.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2022, 01:18:42 PM »

I'm surprised the difference isn't more.

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2022, 01:18:55 PM »

It is not a buyers market for sure. If we can find a nice 2/2 or 3/2 at $200 or less we will take it. If not then we will look for a real home in two years. I did hear that there are great deals in eastern Ukraine. 

Oyam18

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • El Matador del Banter
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2022, 01:22:46 PM »

We love Pawleys Island and Murrells Inlet. The beaches are nice and great fishing. Lots of golf also, but I'm not big on that. Charleston and Wilmington are 90 min away for nice day trips. My family has land by Lake Lure outside of Asheville. We may just build something there, but I like the coast better than the mountains.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2022, 01:47:14 PM »

good afternoon guys. I had breakfast from Mickey D's and just finished a tuna sub with provolove, tomatoes, and onions.  had a 7am tee time and played some great golf. too bad I had to drive into Ocala afterwards for lab work before tomorrows doctor appointment followed by my infusion.
this brings me to nap time.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2022, 01:57:07 PM »

good afternoon guys. I had breakfast from Mickey D's and just finished a tuna sub with provolove, tomatoes, and onions.  had a 7am tee time and played some great golf. too bad I had to drive into Ocala afterwards for lab work before tomorrows doctor appointment followed by my infusion.
this brings me to nap time.
Sounds like a full day so far. Afternoon, InNeedOfFlexSealDean.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2022, 02:17:34 PM »

Hazzuh!

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2022, 02:17:55 PM »

6to12 inches of snow on Friday... UGH

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2022, 02:29:23 PM »

6to12 inches of snow on Friday... UGH
It's going to get cold and possibly snowy here too but it won't be as bad as what you'll get. Good luck with that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4