CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 02, 2024, 12:09:38 AM

Title: 3/2/2024
Post by: CigarBanter on March 02, 2024, 12:09:38 AM
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 12:44:21 AM
I probably just wasn't paying close attention but I didn't realize that like Diesel and Alec Bradley, Room 101 is also under the Scandinavian Tobacco Group umbrella. I guess that's why CI and sis are always hocking their wares.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 09:28:28 AM
We're eating jambaloney!
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2024, 10:00:19 AM
Morning, boyos.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 10:22:35 AM
Joe's Jambalaya

Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park (5.5"x49) - 10 / $37.50
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 10:27:11 AM
Cigar.com

Door #1 - Rocky Patel Vintage '90 Churchill (7.0"x48) - 10 / $49.99
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 10:28:58 AM
Cigar.com

Door #2 - Altadis Dominican Love Story Set - 5 / $24.99
includes:
1 x H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Toro (6.0"x54) '93' rated
1 x Romeo y Julieta Reserva Real Toro (6.0"x54) '91' rated
1 x Montecristo White Series Toro (6.0"x54) '91' rated
1 x Romeo y Julieta 1875 Exhibición #3 (6.0"x50) '92' rated
1 x Montecristo Platinum Toro (6.0"x50) '91' rated
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 10:30:01 AM
Cigar.com

Door #3 - Alec Bradley Cazadores Toro (6.0"x50) - Box of 20 / $49.99
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 10:37:44 AM
Joe's Jambalaya

Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park (5.5"x49) - 10 / $37.50
CAO Flathead V660 Carb (6.0"x60) - 10 / $49.99
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 10:58:51 AM
I probably just wasn't paying close attention but I didn't realize that like Diesel and Alec Bradley, Room 101 is also under the Scandinavian Tobacco Group umbrella. I guess that's why CI and sis are always hocking their wares.
Well, yes and no....just like CI, the Sis , the Devil and others work as independent entities, Diesel and Room 101 seem to operated as two different units .  You have the basic Diesel that are offered at CI, then you have the Sunday Gravy, Gabagool, Esteli Puro, Whiskey Row and now these Vintage that are more B&M focused.  Likewise with the Room 101, you have the generics like Tuefel Hund, Ichiban, Muzzle Loader, Miami Snow and such that are pushed by CI (and not even listed on the Room 101 website., then you have the Farce, Anniversary, Namakubi etc. that are their high end lines.  While CI carries some of these, they don't promote them.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 11:01:30 AM
Wow, a Saturday jam!
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 11:03:49 AM
Quite the tempting CI Weekend Spotlight offering!   :o ::)

CI-Fresh-Rolled Cedar Fresh
Wheels of 30 just $2 apiece!
Cheers to the weekend! I think it’s time to freshen up some humidors just before Spring gets sprung. I’ve laid the smackdown on CI Fresh-Rolled Cedar Fresh bundles and now they’re just crying for you to take them home. These cedar-sleeved wheels of 30 can be yours for just $2 per cigar. The Torpedo (6.2” x 54) and Churchill (7.5” x 50) sizes of this blend can’t hide from my suplex of savings!

If you haven’t sampled these goodies yet, here’s the 411. We created CI Fresh-Rolled Cedar Fresh to remove all the box, band, and marketing malarkey while focusing on just getting tasty premium wheels to your door for as low as possible. Cedar Fresh continues to make the mouths of many folks salivate in delight. This blend uses a tri-country blend of fillers which are bound in Connecticut Broadleaf. An Ecuador Sumatra wrapper brings it all together resulting in a medium-bodied blend with notes of natural tobacco sweetness, cream, wood, and hints of baking spice!

We’re going to keep slammin’ savings of 64% OFF going all weekend. I’m tagging you in, get in there and piledrive these gems into your cart before the bell rings!
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 11:06:09 AM
ACID Cigars by Drew Estate Kuba Kuba
(5.0"x54)Pack of 5
| MSRP: $11.05 per cigar

Only 5 Left
4.8 out of 5
BUY 5+ CIGARS
$5.00
per cigar
$24.99 total price
SAVE 55%

Guess I need to stock up for my Massachusetts mule run...
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2024, 11:07:10 AM
Goodness!

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/habanos-festival-concludes-with-4-4-million-cohiba-humidor?fbclid=IwAR1VNUq85Fp0t3voUagR6hvo5m9zKWkmmtMi5sQhdoxqJ2qQre-regm3IHY
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 11:23:34 AM
Goodness!

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/habanos-festival-concludes-with-4-4-million-cohiba-humidor?fbclid=IwAR1VNUq85Fp0t3voUagR6hvo5m9zKWkmmtMi5sQhdoxqJ2qQre-regm3IHY
I wonder if Tony is going to share?
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 11:25:01 AM
ACID Cigars by Drew Estate Kuba Kuba
(5.0"x54)Pack of 5
| MSRP: $11.05 per cigar

Only 5 Left
4.8 out of 5
BUY 5+ CIGARS
$5.00
per cigar
$24.99 total price
SAVE 55%

Guess I need to stock up for my Massachusetts mule run...
You beat me to it.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 11:25:48 AM
Today is Saturday, March 2, the 62nd day of 2024.
There are 304 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On March 2, 1962, Wilt Chamberlain scored 100 points for the Philadelphia Warriors in a game against the New York Knicks, an NBA record that still stands. Philadelphia won the game, 169-147.

On this date:

In 1861, the state of Texas, having seceded from the Union, was admitted to the Confederacy.

In 1877, Republican Rutherford B. Hayes was declared the winner of the 1876 presidential election over Democrat Samuel J. Tilden, even though Tilden had won the popular vote.

In 1917, actor, producer, director and bandleader Desi Arnaz was born in Santiago de Cuba.

In 1932, the 20th Amendment to the Constitution, which moved the date of the presidential inauguration from March 4 to Jan. 20, was passed by Congress and sent to the states for ratification.

In 1939, John Ford’s classic Western “Stagecoach,” starring Claire Trevor and John Wayne, opened in New York.

In 1943, the three-day Battle of the Bismarck Sea began in the southwest Pacific during World War II; U.S. and Australian warplanes were able to inflict heavy damage on an Imperial Japanese convoy.

In 1955, nine months before Rosa Parks’ famous act of defiance, Claudette Colvin, a Black high school student in Montgomery, Alabama, was arrested after refusing to give up her seat on a public bus to a white passenger.

In 1985, the government approved a screening test for AIDS that detected antibodies to the virus, allowing possibly contaminated blood to be excluded from the blood supply.

In 1989, representatives from the 12 European Community nations agreed to ban all production of CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons), the synthetic compounds blamed for destroying the Earth’s ozone layer, by the end of the 20th century.

In 1990, more than 6,000 drivers went on strike against Greyhound Lines Inc. (The company, later declaring an impasse in negotiations, fired the strikers.)

In 1995, the Internet search engine website Yahoo! was incorporated by founders Jerry Yang and David Filo.

In 2011, the Supreme Court ruled, 8-1, that a grieving father’s pain over mocking protests at his Marine son’s funeral had to yield to First Amendment protections for free speech in a decision favoring the Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas.

In 2012, Some 40 people were killed by tornadoes that struck Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio.

In 2018, at a funeral before an invitation-only crowd of approximately 2,000 in Charlotte, North Carolina, the children of the Rev. Billy Graham remembered “America’s Pastor” as a man devoted to spreading the Gospel, and one who lived his life at home as he preached it in stadiums.

In 2021, Bunny Wailer, the last surviving founding member of the legendary reggae group The Wailers, died in his native Jamaica at age 73.

In 2022, Autherine Lucy Foster, the first Black student to enroll at the University of Alabama, died at age 92.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 11:28:28 AM
Today’s birthdays:

Actor John Cullum is 94.
Actor Barbara Luna is 85.
Author John Irving is 82.
Actor Cassie Yates is 73.
Actor, comedian Laraine Newman (Saturday Night Live) is 72.
Former Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wis., is 71.
Former Interior Secretary Ken Salazar is 69.
Singer Jay Osmond is 69.
Pop musician John Cowsill (The Cowsills) is 68.
Former tennis player Kevin Curren is 66.
Country singer Larry Stewart (Restless Heart) is 65.
Rock singer Jon Bon Jovi is 62.
Blues singer-musician Alvin Youngblood Hart is 61.
Actor Daniel Craig is 56.
Actor Richard Ruccolo is 52.
Rock singer Chris Martin (Coldplay) is 47.
Actor Heather McComb is 47.
Actor Rebel Wilson is 44.
Actor Bryce Dallas Howard is 43.
Former NFL quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is 42.
Actor Robert Iler is 39.
Actor Nathalie Emmanuel is 35.
Country singer Luke Combs is 34.
Singer-rapper-actor Becky G is 27.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 11:28:46 AM
Today's Over/Under is 9
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2024, 11:36:20 AM
Today's Over/Under is 9
6
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 11:42:30 AM
Rocky Patel Cargo Super Toro
(6.5"x52)Pack of 20
| MSRP: $6.88 per cigar

Only 4 Left
4.25 out of 5
BUY 20+ CIGARS
$1.63
per cigar
$32.50 total price
SAVE 76%
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 11:52:25 AM
Wordle 987 3/6

⬛⬛⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟨🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 11:55:14 AM
Today's Over/Under is 9
Eight.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 12:00:20 PM
Some lucky guesses on the fourth in this one...

Connections
Puzzle #265
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 12:19:14 PM
More Rocky's...

Rocky Patel Sun Grown Sixty
(6.0"x60)Pack of 5
| MSRP: $13.05 per cigar

In Stock
4.61 out of 5
BUY 5+ CIGARS
$5.00
per cigar
$24.99 total price
SAVE 62%
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 12:32:04 PM

On this date:

In 1955, nine months before Rosa Parks’ famous act of defiance, Claudette Colvin, a Black high school student in Montgomery, Alabama, was arrested after refusing to give up her seat on a public bus to a white passenger.

I just heard this story for the first time about a week ago.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 01:07:45 PM
Some lucky guesses on the fourth in this one...

Connections
Puzzle #265
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
I'm struggling.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2024, 01:19:42 PM
Wordle 987 4/6*

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟨🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 01:53:24 PM
Some lucky guesses on the fourth in this one...

Connections
Puzzle #265
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
I'm struggling.
Two guesses gone and I still have nada.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 02:18:31 PM
Some lucky guesses on the fourth in this one...

Connections
Puzzle #265
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
I'm struggling.
Two guesses gone and I still have nada.
Three guesses and still not a single category solved. WTF?
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 02:21:26 PM
Some lucky guesses on the fourth in this one...

Connections
Puzzle #265
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
I'm struggling.
Two guesses gone and I still have nada.
Three guesses and still not a single category solved. WTF?
Okay, I got blue. Three left (really two) to solve, but no errors can be made...
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 02:31:07 PM

On this date:

In 1955, nine months before Rosa Parks’ famous act of defiance, Claudette Colvin, a Black high school student in Montgomery, Alabama, was arrested after refusing to give up her seat on a public bus to a white passenger.

I just heard this story for the first time about a week ago.
Not meaning to be too preachy or anything, but I think I've learned more black/minority history in the last couple of years than I had in the whole time before, including/especially school.  For example, I first learned about the Tulsa massacre and Black Wall Street from the movie Watchmen...and even then, thought it was fiction until I looked it up...and then found at least half a dozen similar events including one in upstate NY.  Of course there is the now  confirmed famous story of the black man that was critical in making Jack Daniels.

In any case, I've come to learn that history is not quite as black and white (no pun intended) as I once thought.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 02:32:51 PM
Page 3!
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 02:33:31 PM
and...
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 02:34:03 PM
Happy Birthday ladies.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 03:02:26 PM
Man O' War Ruination Belicoso
(5.7"x56)Pack of 10
| MSRP: $12.92 per cigar

In Stock
4.67 out of 5
BUY 10+ CIGARS
$3.75
per cigar
$37.50 total price
SAVE 71%
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 03:27:12 PM
#51: Cohiba Nicaragua and Alec Bradley Tempus Nicaragua
10 Cigars
| MSRP: $13.65 per cigar

In Stock
4.69 out of 5
BUY 10+ CIGARS
$5.00
per cigar
$49.99 total price
SAVE 63%
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 03:54:38 PM

Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Connecticut Churchill
(7.0"x48)Pack of 5
| MSRP: $12.05 per cigar

In Stock
4.66 out of 5
BUY 5+ CIGARS
$5.50
per cigar
$27.50 total price
SAVE 54%
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 03:57:27 PM

On this date:

[...]

Agreed. I've been telling my kids to be wary of what you see on TV and read in the papers (Internet). Stuff we used to believe as fact has been proven to be editorialized.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2024, 04:09:58 PM
Page 3!
I missed Bryce on the list, so 7 for me.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 04:17:37 PM
Lovely afternoon
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 04:30:08 PM
Some lucky guesses on the fourth in this one...

Connections
Puzzle #265
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
I'm struggling.
Two guesses gone and I still have nada.
Three guesses and still not a single category solved. WTF?
Okay, I got blue. Three left (really two) to solve, but no errors can be made...
I knew the category for both yellow and green but one in each category eluded me. But look how pretty...

Connections
Puzzle #265
🟩🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟪🟨
🟨🟩🟦🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟨🟪🟩
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 04:30:33 PM
Lovely afternoon
Pouring rain here.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 04:36:01 PM
Getting a head start on St. Patricks.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 04:36:31 PM
Lovely afternoon
Pouring rain here.
We had that yesterday.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 04:39:13 PM
Getting a head start on St. Patricks.
Haven't seen a Wasbi in some time.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2024, 05:00:28 PM
Some lucky guesses on the fourth in this one...

Connections
Puzzle #265
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
I'm struggling.
Two guesses gone and I still have nada.
Three guesses and still not a single category solved. WTF?
Okay, I got blue. Three left (really two) to solve, but no errors can be made...
I knew the category for both yellow and green but one in each category eluded me. But look how pretty...

Connections
Puzzle #265
🟩🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟩🟪🟨
🟨🟩🟦🟨
🟦🟦🟦🟦
🟩🟨🟪🟩
CNS
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2024, 06:18:20 PM
Connections
Puzzle #265
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 07:02:50 PM
Connections
Puzzle #265
🟪🟪🟪🟪
🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟦🟦🟦🟦
Well done.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: bluecollar on March 02, 2024, 07:24:07 PM
Had to put one of my dogs to sleep this week. NEVER gets easier.....
Hold em tight while you have them.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: bluecollar on March 02, 2024, 07:39:42 PM
These are good (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240303/036c1b4daa06f090f20db5797b2e0340.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 02, 2024, 08:38:21 PM
Had to put one of my dogs to sleep this week. NEVER gets easier.....
Hold em tight while you have them.
I'm sorry to read this, Rick. Hope you and the family will remember the good times.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: bluecollar on March 02, 2024, 08:44:26 PM
Had to put one of my dogs to sleep this week. NEVER gets easier.....
Hold em tight while you have them.
I'm sorry to read this, Rick. Hope you and the family will remember the good times.
Thank you Tony
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2024, 08:55:42 PM
Had to put one of my dogs to sleep this week. NEVER gets easier.....
Hold em tight while you have them.
Sorry to hear that, Rick.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2024, 09:14:51 PM
Immaculata

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240303/2f279d9fd23296749aee1028e0b6c08d.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 10:07:25 PM
Sorry to hear Rick. Never easy,and there never seem to be the right words.
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 10:08:26 PM
Nica Libre Toro
(6.0"x54)Pack of 10
| MSRP: $6.70 per cigar

In Stock
4.44 out of 5
BUY 10+ CIGARS
$3.00
per cigar
$29.99 total price
SAVE 55%
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 10:21:44 PM
Inportant article for Dave to read from my news feed:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/the-best-cigars-to-smoke-on-the-golf-course/ss-BB1jdNld?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=1c396caade2b49959bd6ac020669c5c5&ei=64  ;D

Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 10:22:31 PM
Montecristo Platinum Toro
(6.0"x50)Pack of 5
| MSRP: $13.54 per cigar

In Stock
4.56 out of 5
BUY 5+ CIGARS
$6.00
per cigar
$29.99 total price
SAVE 56%
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 10:28:58 PM
Big 3 day streak.

Wordle 987 4/6

⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛⬛⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟨⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 02, 2024, 11:21:32 PM
Well, hello page 5!
Title: Re: 3/2/2024
Post by: LuvTooGolf on March 02, 2024, 11:36:38 PM
Inportant article for Dave to read from my news feed:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/golf/the-best-cigars-to-smoke-on-the-golf-course/ss-BB1jdNld?ocid=msedgntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=1c396caade2b49959bd6ac020669c5c5&ei=64  ;D
Some of those are far too nice for the course.

I do have 2 packed for tomorrow. Might be chilly, but I'm gonna power through it.