CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 16, 2019, 12:01:57 AM

Title: 4/16/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on April 16, 2019, 12:01:57 AM
It's Tuesday again! In between insults we'll occasionally discuss cigars.  Join in and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 01:43:26 AM
The boilers are humming over here. Shit, what happened to Spring?
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 05:27:05 AM
The boilers are humming over here. Shit, what happened to Spring?
Yeah 31  deg. right now. Two nice days this week.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 05:43:16 AM
good morning Tony and Rick. 48° here heading for 85° by afternoon.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 05:56:24 AM
https://halfwheel.com/weekly-news-april-15-2019/297887
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 05:59:34 AM
good morning Tony and Rick. 48° here heading for 85° by afternoon.
Good morning Dean. Get the printer going?
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 06:07:11 AM
good morning Tony and Rick. 48° here heading for 85° by afternoon.
Good morning Dean. Get the printer going?
had the new printer running about 20 minutes after it was delivered. it even takes the same ink as the one that shit the bed which is good as I had just stocked up on ink.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 06:11:09 AM
Cold morning. Snow showers yesterday and rain today. Hope to get in a round round of golf this April
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 06:22:05 AM
Cold morning. Snow showers yesterday and rain today. Hope to get in a round round of golf this April
golf is year round here. 😂
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 06:28:04 AM
Morning BoilerCheckers, chilly 48° here.

Rough night for me, about 2:00 a.m. my stomach decided to show it’s displeasures with my dinner selection.  Went back to sleep about 4:00 and just woke up.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 06:29:29 AM
Hot cup of Cuban tastes mighty good on cold mornings.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 06:33:52 AM
Morning BoilerCheckers, chilly 48° here.

Rough night for me, about 2:00 a.m. my stomach decided to show it’s displeasures with my dinner selection.  Went back to sleep about 4:00 and just woke up.
cold front moving in for the weekend. only going to be in the 70's here.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 06:44:30 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dean, and Dave.

Went to work without a jacket yesterday. Wasn't nearly as pleasant on the walk home.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 06:45:50 AM
Morning BoilerCheckers, chilly 48° here.

Rough night for me, about 2:00 a.m. my stomach decided to show it’s displeasures with my dinner selection.  Went back to sleep about 4:00 and just woke up.
cold front moving in for the weekend. only going to be in the 70's here.
GFY on this bright, clear, and cold Tuesday.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 06:55:59 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dean, and Dave.

Went to work without a jacket yesterday. Wasn't nearly as pleasant on the walk home.
Morning Mayor, how are things going with the sick ones today?
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 06:56:22 AM
Morning BoilerCheckers, chilly 48° here.

Rough night for me, about 2:00 a.m. my stomach decided to show it’s displeasures with my dinner selection.  Went back to sleep about 4:00 and just woke up.
cold front moving in for the weekend. only going to be in the 70's here.
Morning Dean’O
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 06:56:44 AM
Cold morning. Snow showers yesterday and rain today. Hope to get in a round round of golf this April
Morning Blue
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 06:59:00 AM
Dogs walked, Magnum is doing better today.  Seems to be slowly getting his vision back and not so disoriented as he has been since Last Tuesday.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 07:01:06 AM
Dogs walked, Magnum is doing better today.  Seems to be slowly getting his vision back and not so disoriented as he has been since Last Tuesday.
Good morning Dave. Hope Magnum continues to improve. One of my dogs not so well. Going to vet on Thursday.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 07:06:53 AM
Dogs walked, Magnum is doing better today.  Seems to be slowly getting his vision back and not so disoriented as he has been since Last Tuesday.
Good morning Dave. Hope Magnum continues to improve. One of my dogs not so well. Going to vet on Thursday.
Hope the Vet can fix him or her up.

My spaniel has an ear infection and have to take him to the vet at 11:30, common problem with floppy ear spaniels.  But, that is about all the issues he ever has.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 07:12:23 AM
Morning BoilerCheckers, chilly 48° here.

Rough night for me, about 2:00 a.m. my stomach decided to show it’s displeasures with my dinner selection.  Went back to sleep about 4:00 and just woke up.
cold front moving in for the weekend. only going to be in the 70's here.
About the same here for the rest of this week.  We usually go with all the family to Sunrise Easter Service and that will be on the chilly side around 50°
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 07:25:40 AM
One nice day Thursday 70 and sunny. Been going like a mad man getting cooling towers ready but we'll need the boilers still for a while.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 07:28:18 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dean, and Dave.

Went to work without a jacket yesterday. Wasn't nearly as pleasant on the walk home.
Morning Mayor, how are things going with the sick ones today?
Kind of nutty. My m-i-l should be released today. Apparently she has a screwed up EKG but that's normal for her. My wife's aunt, on the other hand, is not having her hip surgery until tomorrow and all the medications and pain management has had the opposite effect. She hasn't slept in 48 hours, is hallucinating, pulling out her IVs, and punching/biting the staff. Not to mention the new Spanish words everyone is learning since she is screaming them at the top of her lungs.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 07:28:57 AM
Dogs walked, Magnum is doing better today.  Seems to be slowly getting his vision back and not so disoriented as he has been since Last Tuesday.
That's certainly good news.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 07:40:03 AM
When is RoadTrippinDave due back? Must be having fun if he hasn't checked in at all in several days.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 07:48:40 AM
Good morning, Rick, Dean, and Dave.

Went to work without a jacket yesterday. Wasn't nearly as pleasant on the walk home.
Morning Mayor, how are things going with the sick ones today?
Kind of nutty. My m-i-l should be released today. Apparently she has a screwed up EKG but that's normal for her. My wife's aunt, on the other hand, is not having her hip surgery until tomorrow and all the medications and pain management has had the opposite effect. She hasn't slept in 48 hours, is hallucinating, pulling out her IVs, and punching/biting the staff. Not to mention the new Spanish words everyone is learning since she is screaming them at the top of her lungs.
Good for the MIL, my sons FIL’s mother is 98 and in a home and has some of those same problems as the aunt but she has thus far not demonstrated any violence.  FIL is a super nice guy and she is about to drive him to the nuthouse
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 07:57:40 AM
[...]

Those strong personalities are amusing when they are in their right mind. Not so much when they aren't.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 07:59:26 AM
Apparently, she finally collapsed at about 2:30 a.m. and slept right through the sponge bath. Perhaps she was just anxious about tax day.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 08:01:14 AM
[...]

True, the grandmother is mostly fine during the daytime but changes to Frankenstein when it gets dark.  I have been around her quite a bit and in public she is the sweetest lady you could ever want to meet.

Edit:  those strong personality disorders are a lot more tolerable and amusing when they are not your parents or grandparents!
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 09:06:58 AM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 09:12:13 AM
SHEESH!
All post whores are terribly busy.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 09:19:06 AM
SHEESH!
All post whores are terribly busy.
Even I am fixing to get at least somewhat busy.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 09:45:00 AM
SHEESH!
All post whores are terribly busy.
Even I am fixing to get at least somewhat busy.
Work is kicking my ass today. Looking forward to the long weekend.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 09:45:47 AM
At least the sun is out and the winds are forecast to stay under 10 mph today.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 09:46:51 AM
SHEESH!
All post whores are terribly busy.
Even I am fixing to get at least somewhat busy.
Work is kicking my ass today. Looking forward to the long weekend.
I was just thinking about you a few minutes ago when a pontoon boat went by
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 10:15:09 AM
SHEESH!
All post whores are terribly busy.
I was talking to my daughter about her wedding, activating a CC, finishing up some correspondence concerning our Founders Day event in June.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 10:29:30 AM
scruffy looking but I'm putting smoke in the air.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 10:46:41 AM
SHEESH!
SHEESH! SHEESH!
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 11:12:55 AM
scruffy looking but I'm putting smoke in the air.
Thank you for representing us.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 11:23:50 AM
scruffy looking but I'm putting smoke in the air.
Thank you for representing us.

GFY.

it's Tuesday!

😂
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 11:38:52 AM
scruffy looking but I'm putting smoke in the air.
Thank you for representing us.

GFY.

it's Tuesday!

Thank you. This is exactly what I'm referring to. May I have another?

Also, your avvy is amazing.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 11:48:44 AM
scruffy looking but I'm putting smoke in the air.
You can't smoke in the hospital
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 11:51:42 AM
Just kidding Deano
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 11:59:30 AM
@bluecollar: How's the lizard doing?

By the way, I could not locate him in that last photo you posted.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 12:05:09 PM
mower guy just knocked another $5 off my contract. now paying $25 a cut.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 12:05:48 PM
scruffy looking but I'm putting smoke in the air.
You can't smoke in the hospital
sure you can, just don't get caught.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 12:14:09 PM
@bluecollar: How's the lizard doing?

By the way, I could not locate him in that last photo you posted.
show him your lizard.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 12:42:44 PM
@bluecollar: How's the lizard doing?

By the way, I could not locate him in that last photo you posted.
show him your lizard.
He's doing great. Getting bigger. He's gonna be a big lizard (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190416/540e70605dffb8e6123dc289006ffb72.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 01:56:06 PM
@bluecollar: How's the lizard doing?

By the way, I could not locate him in that last photo you posted.
show him your lizard.
He's doing great. Getting bigger. He's gonna be a big lizard (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190416/540e70605dffb8e6123dc289006ffb72.jpg)
Wow, can't believe how much bigger he is than when you brought him home.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 02:03:24 PM
@bluecollar: How's the lizard doing?

By the way, I could not locate him in that last photo you posted.
show him your lizard.
He's doing great. Getting bigger. He's gonna be a big lizard (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190416/540e70605dffb8e6123dc289006ffb72.jpg)
Wow, can't believe how much bigger he is than when you brought him home.
Years of experience with this species. I love the Uromastyx
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 02:22:35 PM
@bluecollar: How's the lizard doing?

By the way, I could not locate him in that last photo you posted.
show him your lizard.
He's doing great. Getting bigger. He's gonna be a big lizard (https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190416/540e70605dffb8e6123dc289006ffb72.jpg)
Wow, can't believe how much bigger he is than when you brought him home.
Years of experience with this species. I love the Uromastyx
He has sure grown a lot!  Cool Lizard
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 02:26:01 PM
Vet trip done, Chinese takee -outee for lunch, one grocery store trip finished, dogs walked and now I need to go up to the Neighborhood Walmart and pick up a few things.

After all that?  Maybe a cigar😀
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 02:33:28 PM
Vet trip done, Chinese takee -outee for lunch, one grocery store trip finished, dogs walked and now I need to go up to the Neighborhood Walmart and pick up a few things.

After all that?  Maybe a cigar
Hope you get a cigar in Dave
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 02:48:10 PM
82° RealFeel 89°. what a great day.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 03:17:46 PM
fried bologne and swiss on rye for lunner.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on April 16, 2019, 03:17:58 PM
Cold morning. Snow showers yesterday and rain today. Hope to get in a round round of golf this April
golf is year round here. 😂
Pie are round.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on April 16, 2019, 03:20:29 PM
82° RealFeel 89°. what a great day.
75° even this far north.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 03:24:07 PM
82° RealFeel 89°. what a great day.
Only 64° feels like 61°, not so great but tolerable with the sunshine and only a light breeze.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 03:26:34 PM
Errands an chores completed fit the day!

LFD La Nox petite corona 🔥
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 03:34:30 PM
New Jersey – There is an estimated one million-gun owners with standard capacity magazines (10+ rounds) in the State of New Jersey bringing an estimated number of magazines holding more than ten rounds to around ten million. Some estimates even have this number being higher.

When New Jersey passed a law making these magazines illegal in 2018, there was a debate on whether the gun owners of the state would hand in their magazines. When the law went into effect at the end of last year, New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy and Attorney General Gurbir Grewal celebrated it as a victory against gun rights advocates.

FOIA Request Confirms Zero Standard Capacity Magazines Turned In to NJ State Police

SGT Kristina Pados of the New Jersey State Police responded to our FOIA request. She confirmed what our sources inside the New Jersey Police told us. The gun owners of New Jersey have surrendered no magazines.

However, she did state that local departments might have them.

AmmoLand reached out to local police departments across New Jersey and have not been able to find a single magazine turned over to the authorities. It would seem like the gun owners of New Jersey have decided to ignore the law most likely because it is unenforceable.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 03:53:46 PM
Somebody must be broke down
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 04:00:11 PM
Fake-smiling at work makes you drink more at home, study reveals.  😂

Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 04:04:43 PM
Colleton County minister denies sexually assaulting church members: ‘We had a good time’

CANADYS, SC (WCSC) - A Colleton County minister accused of sexually assaulting former church members denies the accusations against him in his first on-camera interview since his arrest in January 2018.

Stair is charged with sexually assaulting four former female members of Overcomer Ministry. He was arrested after a Live 5 News investigation into the ministry that included interviews with some of his accusers.

Stair also is accused of grabbing an underage girl by the breast during a church service.
In the interview, Stair denied the sex assault accusations.

“I haven’t had sex with anybody under 18, it’s a false charge. When I committed adultery the women were old enough and we had a good time,” Stair said.

Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 04:14:07 PM
Colleton County minister denies sexually assaulting church members: ‘We had a good time’

CANADYS, SC (WCSC) - A Colleton County minister accused of sexually assaulting former church members denies the accusations against him in his first on-camera interview since his arrest in January 2018.

Stair is charged with sexually assaulting four former female members of Overcomer Ministry. He was arrested after a Live 5 News investigation into the ministry that included interviews with some of his accusers.

Stair also is accused of grabbing an underage girl by the breast during a church service.
In the interview, Stair denied the sex assault accusations.

“I haven’t had sex with anybody under 18, it’s a false charge. When I committed adultery the women were old enough and we had a good time,” Stair said.

the over 60 is safer.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 04:22:49 PM
I got to come up with a dinner idea.  Hamburgers maybe but actually some soup sounds pretty good.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 05:13:37 PM
I got to come up with a dinner idea.  Hamburgers maybe but actually some soup sounds pretty good.
Wifey is making spaghetti parm with chicken cutlets. Smoking while I wait
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 05:16:56 PM
82° RealFeel 89°. what a great day.
75° even this far north.
Um yeah(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190416/1f38d1a89289a98ff0307574fc328a7f.jpg)
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 05:21:04 PM
I got to come up with a dinner idea.  Hamburgers maybe but actually some soup sounds pretty good.
Wifey is making spaghetti parm with chicken cutlets. Smoking while I wait
Good plan!
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 05:21:39 PM
82° RealFeel 89°. what a great day.
75° even this far north.
Um yeah(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190416/1f38d1a89289a98ff0307574fc328a7f.jpg)
Ouch!
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 05:27:55 PM
I got to come up with a dinner idea.  Hamburgers maybe but actually some soup sounds pretty good.
Wifey is making spaghetti parm with chicken cutlets. Smoking while I wait
mmmm, sounds good. I may grab some soft shell tacos on the way back from my home group meeting.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 05:28:37 PM
82° RealFeel 89°. what a great day.
75° even this far north.
Um yeah(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190416/1f38d1a89289a98ff0307574fc328a7f.jpg)
Ouch!
better him than us.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on April 16, 2019, 05:30:07 PM
Everyone is Moving to Florida – Census Shows 900 People Move to Florida PER DAY
January 4, 2018 by Michael Light

avoid the cold Rick.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 05:36:05 PM
82° RealFeel 89°. what a great day.
75° even this far north.
Um yeah(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190416/1f38d1a89289a98ff0307574fc328a7f.jpg)
Ouch!
better him than us.
At least he knows how to check the boilers
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 05:38:37 PM
Everyone is Moving to Florida – Census Shows 900 People Move to Florida PER DAY
January 4, 2018 by Michael Light

avoid the cold Rick.
Not everyone, 500 assholes move to Texas every day, 100 of them to Austin.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 06:33:54 PM
82° RealFeel 89°. what a great day.
75° even this far north.
Um yeah(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190416/1f38d1a89289a98ff0307574fc328a7f.jpg)
Ouch!
better him than us.
At least he knows how to check the boilers
Haha lol
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 06:36:02 PM
If I moved south I would do refrigeration or water treatment for cooling towers. Getting ready to watch Yankees/Sox
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on April 16, 2019, 07:44:39 PM
If I moved south I would do refrigeration or water treatment for cooling towers. Getting ready to watch Yankees/Sox
Watching Braves/Diamondbacks

0-0 Bottom of the 2nd
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on April 16, 2019, 08:26:20 PM
If I moved south I would do refrigeration or water treatment for cooling towers. Getting ready to watch Yankees/Sox
Watching Braves/Diamondbacks

0-0 Bottom of the 2nd
Bombers on Top 7-0
Safe to go to bed now, hopefully
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 10:31:00 PM
I got to come up with a dinner idea.  Hamburgers maybe but actually some soup sounds pretty good.
Wifey is making spaghetti parm with chicken cutlets. Smoking while I wait
That's exactly what I prepared. It was yummo.
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 11:01:45 PM
Everyone is Moving to Florida – Census Shows 900 People Move to Florida PER DAY
January 4, 2018 by Michael Light

avoid the cold Rick.
How many people die?
Title: Re: 4/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 16, 2019, 11:02:44 PM
If I moved south I would do refrigeration or water treatment for cooling towers. Getting ready to watch Yankees/Sox
Great game.