Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2023, 07:41:59 AM »

Morning, boyos.
Good morning, LTG.
Howdy, Tony. What's the good word?
Spent a very nice weekend in Providence. Yesterday was a long day moving my daughter across campus, especially since the elevator was broken. Luckily, she was only on the 2nd floor. But then the ride home felt even longer because I was already so tired. So I guess the good word is, home sweet home.
Oucho I move my son in next week.
Good morning, Rick. Where is your son headed?

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2023, 07:42:23 AM »

Morning, boyos.
Good morning, LTG.
Howdy, Tony. What's the good word?
Spent a very nice weekend in Providence. Yesterday was a long day moving my daughter across campus, especially since the elevator was broken. Luckily, she was only on the 2nd floor. But then the ride home felt even longer because I was already so tired. So I guess the good word is, home sweet home.
Oucho I move my son in next week.
She never really came home this summer because of an internship she had there in Rhode Island. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to continue staying in the same dorm. She is going to be a Residents Assistant this coming semester.

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2023, 07:46:20 AM »

Morning, boyos.
Good morning, LTG.
Howdy, Tony. What's the good word?
Spent a very nice weekend in Providence. Yesterday was a long day moving my daughter across campus, especially since the elevator was broken. Luckily, she was only on the 2nd floor. But then the ride home felt even longer because I was already so tired. So I guess the good word is, home sweet home.
Certainly sounds like it.

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2023, 07:56:49 AM »

Well, it's not work that I get paid for but it's still a grind. Happy Dean Day.

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2023, 08:48:28 AM »

Grind lull.

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2023, 08:49:56 AM »

@LuvTooGolf - What happened with Internet connection? Are you going to get both the water heater and Internet issues resolved today?

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2023, 08:53:50 AM »

@LuvTooGolf - What happened with Internet connection? Are you going to get both the water heater and Internet issues resolved today?
Internet issues appear to be resolved. Guy came out yesterday and he believes some trees and branches in the neighbor's yard growing up around the pole the line comes in from is what was causing the problem, pulling on the cord and making the connection not as solid. So far, everything seems ok, but he gave me his number to come back and do some trimming around the wire if the issue comes back.

As for the hot water, guy should be here with a new tank at 11:30. Luckily for me, I was on the treadmill this morning, so my shower afterwards being cold didn't bother me. Was still much colder than my body expected, though. Took my breath away a bit. Lol

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2023, 09:01:43 AM »

Cold showers are tough. I hear ya.

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2023, 09:13:13 AM »

Cold showers are tough. I hear ya.
It was definitely invigorating.

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2023, 09:35:31 AM »

Good evening all.
Is AJ making for Caldwell too?
Yes, one of their few good ones.  The King is Dead is a very nice cigar.
Also makes Long Live the King.

....and The T with Booth as well

Only Caldwell cigars I smoke.

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2023, 09:37:59 AM »

Morning Dave Rick and Tony.

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2023, 09:41:53 AM »

Good evening all.
Is AJ making for Caldwell too?
I was thinking the same. I know Dave is a big Caldwell fan and wondering how this one stacks up.
Both the King is Dead and Long Live the King are excellent cigars.  The T (maduro) is my favorite of the three.  Maduro was the original T.  T Connecticut came later.  Not crazy about it.

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2023, 10:09:57 AM »

Was reading an article on AJ Fernandez last night in Cigar Afficionado (realized it was from 2016).

Stated that he makes 14 million cigars a year, has 600 acres in Nicaragua (360 just in Esteli).  60% of the cigars go to CI and 10% to private label, leaving 30% for his own lines.

I would be very curious to know what those numbers are now.  I would say 50% higher production volume and land owned, less to CI, more private label and his own lines.

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2023, 10:14:17 AM »

Was reading an article on AJ Fernandez last night in Cigar Afficionado (realized it was from 2016).

Stated that he makes 14 million cigars a year, has 600 acres in Nicaragua (360 just in Esteli).  60% of the cigars go to CI and 10% to private label, leaving 30% for his own lines.

I would be very curious to know what those numbers are now.  I would say 50% higher production volume and land owned, less to CI, more private label and his own lines.
Interesting, yes. I think those are good assumptions.

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2023, 10:16:37 AM »

Today is Monday, Aug. 14, the 226th day of 2023.
There are 139 days left in the year.

Today's highlight

On Aug. 14, 1945, President Harry S. Truman announced that Imperial Japan had surrendered unconditionally, ending World War II.

On this date

In 1848, the Oregon Territory was created.

In 1935, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act into law.

In 1941, President Franklin D. Roosevelt and British Prime Minister Winston Churchill issued the Atlantic Charter, a statement of principles that renounced aggression.

In 1947, Pakistan became independent of British rule.

In 1948, the Summer Olympics in London, the first held since 1936, ended.

In 1973, U.S. bombing of Cambodia came to a halt.

In 1980, actor-model Dorothy Stratten was shot to death at age 20 by her estranged husband and manager, Paul Snider, who then killed himself.

In 1994, Ilich Ramirez Sanchez, the terrorist known as "Carlos the Jackal," was captured by French agents in Sudan.

In 1995, Shannon Faulkner officially became the first female cadet in the history of The Citadel, South Carolina's state military college. (However, Faulkner quit the school less than a week later, citing the stress of her court fight, and her isolation among the male cadets.)

In 1997, an unrepentant Timothy McVeigh was formally sentenced to death for the Oklahoma City bombing. (McVeigh was executed by lethal injection in 2001.)

In 2009, Charles Manson follower Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme, 60, convicted of trying to assassinate President Gerald Ford in 1975, was released from a Texas prison hospital after more than three decades behind bars.

In 2020, India's coronavirus death toll overtook Britain's to become the fourth-highest in the world after another single-day record increase in cases.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6