CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 16, 2019, 12:01:59 AM

Title: 1/16/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on January 16, 2019, 12:01:59 AM
Any hump day deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either... And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 05:15:03 AM
morning. 37° 😡
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 05:21:23 AM
morning. 37° 😡
Morning Dean’O, 43° here
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 05:27:25 AM
morning. 37° 😡
29, with a light rain falling. Just enough to make the roads a bit slick.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 05:30:46 AM
Morning Humps!

“Everyone should experience a sunrise at least once a day.” – Phil Dunphy

Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 05:31:55 AM
@ Dean - what did the say about your truck?
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 05:32:59 AM
Good morning Dean, Dave, & Dave. Going to check the boilers. Pike Place. Mmm good stuff.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 05:42:37 AM
Good morning Dean, Dave, & Dave. Going to check the boilers. Pike Place. Mmm good stuff.
Morning BoilerBlue
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 05:45:55 AM
good morning Dave, Dave, and Rick. Golf Day! but my clubs are in my truck and I've heard nothing about it yet.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 05:47:07 AM
@ Bean - Cat code seems to work with these, $88.79 delivered.

Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 05:47:56 AM
good morning Dave, Dave, and Rick. Golf Day! but my clubs are in my truck and I've heard nothing about it yet.
Well, Hell!

Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 05:51:43 AM
I'll call about the truck around 9am. got housework to do, wash out and set up hot tub, if it warms up I'll start pressure washing around the outside of the house, stoops and driveway.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 05:53:48 AM
@ Bean - Cat code seems to work with these, $88.79 delivered.
Is that off the monster Dave? How you like the Corojo in that cigar. I have only had the Maduro
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 05:56:13 AM
@ Bean - Cat code seems to work with these, $88.79 delivered.
Is that off the monster Dave? How you like the Corojo in that cigar. I have only had the Maduro
Yes, the Monster.

I have only smoked one of each variety and they were all pretty good as I remember but Bean is the expert on these.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 05:56:17 AM
I'll call about the truck around 9am. got housework to do, was out and set up hot tub, if it warms up I'll start pressure washing around the outside of the house, stoops and driveway.
Dean, hope your day goes well and you get to golf. I might get to golf in 4 months and I wonder why I can't stay consistent.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 05:58:49 AM
I'll call about the truck around 9am. got housework to do, was out and set up hot tub, if it warms up I'll start pressure washing around the outside of the house, stoops and driveway.
Dean, hope your day goes well and you get to golf. I might get to golf in 4 months and I wonder why I can't stay consistent.
I golf twice a week year round and can't get consistant!
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 06:05:08 AM
I'll call about the truck around 9am. got housework to do, was out and set up hot tub, if it warms up I'll start pressure washing around the outside of the house, stoops and driveway.
Dean, hope your day goes well and you get to golf. I might get to golf in 4 months and I wonder why I can't stay consistent.
I golf twice a week year round and can't get consistant!
I'd still love the opportunity to give that a shot!
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 06:31:32 AM
Good morning, Dean, Dave, Dave, and Rick. No golfing for me today. But definitely gonna get out there this year. Haven't done so in 16 and it's time.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 06:32:28 AM
@Dean: I know you're recycling avvys, but she's one of my favorites.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 06:34:34 AM
Good morning, Dean, Dave, Dave, and Rick. No golfing for me today. But definitely gonna get out there this year. Haven't done so in 16 and it's time.
Morning Mayor
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 06:35:03 AM
Time to walk the dogs
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 06:35:46 AM
@Dean: I know you're recycling avvys, but she's one of my favorites.
I'll let her know.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 06:38:16 AM
I'll call about the truck around 9am. got housework to do, was out and set up hot tub, if it warms up I'll start pressure washing around the outside of the house, stoops and driveway.
Dean, hope your day goes well and you get to golf. I might get to golf in 4 months and I wonder why I can't stay consistent.
I golf twice a week year round and can't get consistant!
I'd still love the opportunity to give that a shot!
I may not be consistant, and some rounds I appear to be a hacker, but I love to be able to show up. of course there are days that everything comes together. frustrating.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 07:07:45 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 07:12:54 AM
43° was not too uncomfortable this morning, no wind and no clouds make all the difference.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2019, 07:21:29 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
The sun is half way up out my window, bright orange
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 07:22:02 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
The sun is half way up out my window, bright orange
Still pitch black here. Lol
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 07:24:07 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
The sun is half way up out my window, bright orange
Good morning, Scott. This was the best shot I could get...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190116/638598f2ca7a477ce39878636e2bb915.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 07:25:18 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
The sun is half way up out my window, bright orange
Still pitch black here. Lol
How far from central time are you?
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2019, 07:27:30 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
The sun is half way up out my window, bright orange
Good morning, Scott. This was the best shot I could get...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190116/638598f2ca7a477ce39878636e2bb915.jpg)
Starting to go behind clouds already, opening was only about 2-suns high but the color was awesome
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 07:34:32 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
The sun is half way up out my window, bright orange
Still pitch black here. Lol
How far from central time are you?
Closer than we are to the coast, it looks like. I remember a couple summers ago when Jersey Dave was here on business, he said he was surprised how late the sun stayed out.
(https://www.timetemperature.com/tzus/united-states-time-zone-map.gif)
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 07:34:59 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
The sun is half way up out my window, bright orange
Good morning, Scott. This was the best shot I could get...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190116/638598f2ca7a477ce39878636e2bb915.jpg)
Pretty great view there.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2019, 07:36:43 AM
@ Bean - Cat code seems to work with these, $88.79 delivered.
Good deal on La Haciendas Superiores also, box of 25 delivered for $104.56
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 07:41:10 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
The sun is half way up out my window, bright orange
Good morning, Scott. This was the best shot I could get...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190116/638598f2ca7a477ce39878636e2bb915.jpg)
Warden said thanks she liked that pic.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2019, 07:42:37 AM
Has anyone else smoked the 601 Snake Bite? I was given one from NJDave and enjoyed it, one of 3 deals on Joe Cigar today
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 07:45:34 AM
I wish I could say I don’t know anyone that would have never done something like this🤐. (Not on the interstate and not in the daylight though)

Driver spots women dancing on SUV on I-64 near St. Louis Science Center

https://fox2now.com/2019/01/15/driver-spots-women-dancing-on-suv-on-i-64-near-st-louis-science-center/
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 08:13:13 AM
breakfast time.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 08:18:38 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
The sun is half way up out my window, bright orange
Good morning, Scott. This was the best shot I could get...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190116/638598f2ca7a477ce39878636e2bb915.jpg)
Pretty great view there.
Cooler when you could actually see the Empire State Building. I barely got it peeking in the background. The clouds took over but like Fish said, a few minutes earlier the colors were even more beautiful.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 08:19:51 AM
The sun is coming up behind Manhattan and it's absolutely gorgeous. The photo through the dirty bus window could never do it justice.
The sun is half way up out my window, bright orange
Good morning, Scott. This was the best shot I could get...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190116/638598f2ca7a477ce39878636e2bb915.jpg)
Warden said thanks she liked that pic.
It's the least I could do. Would have been cooler if there were tugs in the water.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 08:20:44 AM
Has anyone else smoked the 601 Snake Bite? I was given one from NJDave and enjoyed it, one of 3 deals on Joe Cigar today
I'll have to look for it. Pretty sure I have one with me.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 08:24:38 AM
dessert.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 08:26:48 AM
I wish I could say I don’t know anyone that would have never done something like this. (Not on the interstate and not in the daylight though)

Driver spots women dancing on SUV on I-64 near St. Louis Science Center

https://fox2now.com/2019/01/15/driver-spots-women-dancing-on-suv-on-i-64-near-st-louis-science-center/
Why did I automatically think of Bad Dad when I read it?
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 08:28:06 AM
dessert.
Dang, Deano! You're making my mouth water.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 08:32:14 AM
dessert.
Dang, Deano! You're making my mouth water.
avi, breakfast, and cigars will do that. 😁
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 08:35:16 AM
dessert.
Dang, Deano! You're making my mouth water.
#same
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2019, 08:40:44 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 08:42:37 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
leans a bit to the back wall, but functions well.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2019, 08:50:27 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
leans a bit to the back wall, but functions well.
In that case please lower your cabinets  ;D
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 09:01:13 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
I went back and looked. That photo makes me a little dizzy.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 09:01:29 AM
@ Bean - Cat code seems to work with these, $88.79 delivered.
Is that off the monster Dave? How you like the Corojo in that cigar. I have only had the Maduro
Yes, the Monster.

I have only smoked one of each variety and they were all pretty good as I remember but Bean is the expert on these.
Corojo and habano are my favorite, not a fan of the maduro.  The connie is OK.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2019, 09:03:13 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
I went back and looked. That photo makes me a little dizzy.
Because it's upside down but the margin at the stove/counter top is slightly off  ;D
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 09:04:03 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
I went back and looked. That photo makes me a little dizzy.
Lol, same thing for me. It's like if MC Escher was showing me his potatoes.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 09:06:50 AM
dessert.
Dang, Deano! You're making my mouth water.
8 5 8 maduro?
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 09:07:23 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
I went back and looked. That photo makes me a little dizzy.
Lol, same thing for me. It's like if MC Escher was showing me his potatoes.
CNS, though the polite thing to do is avert your eyes when a guy's potatoes come into view.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 09:08:50 AM
Good morning, potatoes.  50 deg and thick fog here.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 09:09:23 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
I went back and looked. That photo makes me a little dizzy.
Because it's upside down but the margin at the stove/counter top is slightly off  ;D
I see that now.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 09:09:28 AM
Think my order tomorrow is going to be an Espinosa order. I have been liking his cigars lately.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 09:10:08 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
I went back and looked. That photo makes me a little dizzy.
Lol, same thing for me. It's like if MC Escher was showing me his potatoes.
LALTS
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 09:10:49 AM
Good morning, potatoes.  50 deg and thick fog here.
Good morning, Mark.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2019, 09:11:35 AM
Think my order tomorrow is going to be an Espinosa order. I have been liking his cigars lately.
I'm a big fan also, are you looking at the bundles or something else? His stuff seems to age very well
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 09:12:11 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 09:14:53 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
I went back and looked. That photo makes me a little dizzy.
Lol, same thing for me. It's like if MC Escher was showing me his potatoes.
CNS, though the polite thing to do is avert your eyes when a guy's potatoes come into view.
What can I say, they looked so good I couldn't help myself.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 09:21:58 AM
dessert.
Dang, Deano! You're making my mouth water.
8 5 8 maduro?
Arturo Fuente Chateau maduro robusto.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 09:23:40 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 09:25:59 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
I went back and looked. That photo makes me a little dizzy.
Lol, same thing for me. It's like if MC Escher was showing me his potatoes.
CNS, though the polite thing to do is avert your eyes when a guy's potatoes come into view.
What can I say, they looked so good I couldn't help myself.
But since they're Dean's, I can't help but think they started out looking like...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190116/e6a0204b806ac59e24e64669947d9f31.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 09:26:02 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 09:27:02 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
There's always something. Sorry Deano.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 09:30:12 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
There's always something. Sorry Deano.
at least I'll feel comfortable driving to NY in May.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 09:31:55 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
Oof, that's a damn shame.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 09:32:15 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
I went back and looked. That photo makes me a little dizzy.
Lol, same thing for me. It's like if MC Escher was showing me his potatoes.
CNS, though the polite thing to do is avert your eyes when a guy's potatoes come into view.
What can I say, they looked so good I couldn't help myself.
But since they're Dean's, I can't help but think they started out looking like...
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190116/e6a0204b806ac59e24e64669947d9f31.jpg)
There's a visual aid I could've done without.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 09:36:13 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
There's always something. Sorry Deano.
Man, that’s a terrible hit.

But Tony’sright, there is always something....... it just never ends.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 09:38:06 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
There's always something. Sorry Deano.
Man, that’s a terrible hit.
not as bad as I thought, $500 plus or minus. at least I have it this week.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 09:39:28 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
There's always something. Sorry Deano.
Man, that’s a terrible hit.
not as bad as I thought, $500 plus or minus. at least I have it this week.
Yeah, that is not near so bad cost wise.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 09:50:10 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
There's always something. Sorry Deano.
Man, that’s a terrible hit.
not as bad as I thought, $500 plus or minus. at least I have it this week.
So Tire Kingdom WAS trying to screw you?
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 09:52:18 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
There's always something. Sorry Deano.
Man, that’s a terrible hit.
not as bad as I thought, $500 plus or minus. at least I have it this week.
So Tire Kingdom WAS trying to screw you?
they weren't too far off the price of my mechanic, other than itemizing EVERY fucking little thing they could find to fix.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 09:55:58 AM
breakfast time.
Look into raising the front of your stove slightly, it looks a hair out of level in the potato pic
I went back and looked. That photo makes me a little dizzy.
Lol, same thing for me. It's like if MC Escher was showing me his potatoes.
CNS, though the polite thing to do is avert your eyes when a guy's potatoes come into view.
What can I say, they looked so good I couldn't help myself.
TWSS
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 10:05:01 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
There's always something. Sorry Deano.
Man, that’s a terrible hit.
not as bad as I thought, $500 plus or minus. at least I have it this week.
So Tire Kingdom WAS trying to screw you?
they weren't too far off the price of my mechanic, other than itemizing EVERY fucking little thing they could find to fix.
I thought they wanted $3k to fix it? Itemization or not, that's nowhere near $500.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 10:08:02 AM
Think my order tomorrow is going to be an Espinosa order. I have been liking his cigars lately.
I'm a big fan also, are you looking at the bundles or something else? His stuff seems to age very well
I want to try the Espinosa E bundle perhaps. I'm going to do some searching. I have been liking  San Andreas Maduros so possibly the especial. Prices will dictate
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: razgueado on January 16, 2019, 10:12:41 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 10:13:31 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
There's always something. Sorry Deano.
Man, that’s a terrible hit.
not as bad as I thought, $500 plus or minus. at least I have it this week.
So Tire Kingdom WAS trying to screw you?
they weren't too far off the price of my mechanic, other than itemizing EVERY fucking little thing they could find to fix.
I thought they wanted $3k to fix it? Itemization or not, that's nowhere near $500.
flushing every system, replace every sensor that you can't change batteries in, etc., but nothing that's causing a 10 year old truck to function. but yes, $3000 was quoted for having 'a new truck'.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 10:16:00 AM
Morning, muchachos.

morning RazMan.
practicing my 'quick draw' in different carrying positions waiting for it to warm up to work outside.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 10:40:39 AM
Don’t be fuk’n with Dean’s breakfast, we may have a golf and truck situation both to deal with here.
truck will be ready Friday. Tire Kingdom was right. left ball joint, control arm, front brakes.
oh, and alignment depending on how the control arm goes.
There's always something. Sorry Deano.
Man, that’s a terrible hit.
not as bad as I thought, $500 plus or minus. at least I have it this week.
So Tire Kingdom WAS trying to screw you?
they weren't too far off the price of my mechanic, other than itemizing EVERY fucking little thing they could find to fix.
I thought they wanted $3k to fix it? Itemization or not, that's nowhere near $500.
flushing every system, replace every sensor that you can't change batteries in, etc., but nothing that's causing a 10 year old truck to function. but yes, $3000 was quoted for having 'a new truck'.
That's a lot of extra flushes they were wanting to do to make up that difference. Glad it's something that will just bend the bank, not break it.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 10:42:23 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 11:01:41 AM
Morning, muchachos.

morning RazMan.
practicing my 'quick draw' in different carrying positions waiting for it to warm up to work outside.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: sfish on January 16, 2019, 11:11:04 AM
Think my order tomorrow is going to be an Espinosa order. I have been liking his cigars lately.
I'm a big fan also, are you looking at the bundles or something else? His stuff seems to age very well
I want to try the Espinosa E bundle perhaps. I'm going to do some searching. I have been liking  San Andreas Maduros so possibly the especial. Prices will dictate
Famous' bid (auctioneer) is a good source for those, fyi. Even with the $7 shipping

https://www.cigarauctioneer.com/brand/espinosa+especial+cigars
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 11:28:20 AM
Think my order tomorrow is going to be an Espinosa order. I have been liking his cigars lately.
I'm a big fan also, are you looking at the bundles or something else? His stuff seems to age very well
I want to try the Espinosa E bundle perhaps. I'm going to do some searching. I have been liking  San Andreas Maduros so possibly the especial. Prices will dictate
Famous' bid (auctioneer) is a good source for those, fyi. Even with the $7 shipping

https://www.cigarauctioneer.com/brand/espinosa+especial+cigars
Thank you Scott
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: razgueado on January 16, 2019, 11:50:10 AM
Morning, muchachos.

morning RazMan.
practicing my 'quick draw' in different carrying positions waiting for it to warm up to work outside.
Gotta step up practice myself. Trip to Front Sight coming up in February.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: razgueado on January 16, 2019, 11:51:20 AM
Morning, muchachos.

morning RazMan.
practicing my 'quick draw' in different carrying positions waiting for it to warm up to work outside.
Remember - perfect practice. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: razgueado on January 16, 2019, 11:51:41 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Raz.
Morning, Tony.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 12:15:59 PM
Morning, muchachos.

morning RazMan.
practicing my 'quick draw' in different carrying positions waiting for it to warm up to work outside.
Remember - perfect practice. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
I'm old, I am slow and smooth.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 12:24:18 PM
hot tub all clean. I am wet and cold. went to inflate it and I have a bunch of holes in the damn thing and no patch kits. SONOFABITCH.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 01:37:37 PM
hot tub all clean. I am wet and cold. went to inflate it and I have a bunch of holes in the damn thing and no patch kits. SONOFABITCH.
Well, that sucks.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 01:37:40 PM
Morning, muchachos.

morning RazMan.
practicing my 'quick draw' in different carrying positions waiting for it to warm up to work outside.
Remember - perfect practice. Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
TWSS
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 01:46:25 PM
hot tub all clean. I am wet and cold. went to inflate it and I have a bunch of holes in the damn thing and no patch kits. SONOFABITCH.
Well, that sucks.
fuck it. no big deal.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 02:01:39 PM
hot tub all clean. I am wet and cold. went to inflate it and I have a bunch of holes in the damn thing and no patch kits. SONOFABITCH.
Well, that sucks.
Even Dean can have the undesired holes in his vicinity.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 02:07:27 PM
Padron 6000 lit and I can actually enjoy it without a coat on!

Got a nice ham on the smoker, pecan smoke and ham make for a nice aroma.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 02:09:45 PM
hot tub all clean. I am wet and cold. went to inflate it and I have a bunch of holes in the damn thing and no patch kits. SONOFABITCH.
Well, that sucks.
Even Dean can have the undesired holes in his vicinity.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 16, 2019, 02:18:42 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 02:24:57 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 02:27:26 PM
doing laundry, and going to run the vac across the floor. CAO Gold corona and water going.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 02:29:29 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Good chicken fried steak is difficult to find here as well, but probably not as scarce as there.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 02:37:24 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Good chicken fried steak is difficult to find here as well, but probably not as scarce as there.
There are some good ones here but only a few and far between.

Yeah, I know some really good ones in tx but they are not as easy to find as they used to be.  Cafe in Mason has a real good one and the best I ever found was a little dump called the Ranch Hand Cafe a few miles outside of Cleveland (TX )

Photo is the “small” one the regular will cover the entire plate and then some.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 02:38:53 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Is a "meat & three" a thing?
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 02:39:24 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Is a "meat & three" a thing?
Is in the south.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 02:44:54 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Good chicken fried steak is difficult to find here as well, but probably not as scarce as there.
There are some good ones here but only a few and far between.

Yeah, I know some really good ones in tx but they are not as easy to find as they used to be.  Cafe in Mason has a real good one and the best I ever found was a little dump called the Ranch Hand Cafe a few miles outside of Cleveland (TX )

Photo is the “small” one the regular will cover the entire plate and then some.
Willow Creek Cafe in Mason?  I had the CFS there two years ago and it was not great.  Never been to the place in Cleveland.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 02:52:00 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Good chicken fried steak is difficult to find here as well, but probably not as scarce as there.
There are some good ones here but only a few and far between.

Yeah, I know some really good ones in tx but they are not as easy to find as they used to be.  Cafe in Mason has a real good one and the best I ever found was a little dump called the Ranch Hand Cafe a few miles outside of Cleveland (TX )

Photo is the “small” one the regular will cover the entire plate and then some.
Willow Creek Cafe in Mason?  I had the CFS there two years ago and it was not great.  Never been to the place in Cleveland.
Willow Creek is correct but probably been 8-10 years since I was there and with the tourist influx in Mason over the years i would not at all be surprised if it has gone downhill.

Used to get some really good ones when traveling around the little towns in West Texas but most of the little towns have literally gone out of business.

BUT, nothing  beats the Chicken Fried Beef Rib at Jack Alken’s
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 02:54:04 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Good chicken fried steak is difficult to find here as well, but probably not as scarce as there.
There are some good ones here but only a few and far between.

Yeah, I know some really good ones in tx but they are not as easy to find as they used to be.  Cafe in Mason has a real good one and the best I ever found was a little dump called the Ranch Hand Cafe a few miles outside of Cleveland (TX )

Photo is the “small” one the regular will cover the entire plate and then some.
looks good.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 03:11:10 PM
[...]

You got that right!
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 03:12:01 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Good chicken fried steak is difficult to find here as well, but probably not as scarce as there.
There are some good ones here but only a few and far between.

Yeah, I know some really good ones in tx but they are not as easy to find as they used to be.  Cafe in Mason has a real good one and the best I ever found was a little dump called the Ranch Hand Cafe a few miles outside of Cleveland (TX )

Photo is the “small” one the regular will cover the entire plate and then some.
looks good.
General rule of thumb, if two sizes are offered, get the "small".  It will be plenty big.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 03:14:18 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Good chicken fried steak is difficult to find here as well, but probably not as scarce as there.
There are some good ones here but only a few and far between.

Yeah, I know some really good ones in tx but they are not as easy to find as they used to be.  Cafe in Mason has a real good one and the best I ever found was a little dump called the Ranch Hand Cafe a few miles outside of Cleveland (TX )

Photo is the “small” one the regular will cover the entire plate and then some.
looks good.
General rule of thumb, if two sizes are offered, get the "small".  It will be plenty big.
Absolutely!!!

Hungry Hunter in Llano used to have a pretty good CFS too.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 03:25:02 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Good chicken fried steak is difficult to find here as well, but probably not as scarce as there.
There are some good ones here but only a few and far between.

Yeah, I know some really good ones in tx but they are not as easy to find as they used to be.  Cafe in Mason has a real good one and the best I ever found was a little dump called the Ranch Hand Cafe a few miles outside of Cleveland (TX )

Photo is the “small” one the regular will cover the entire plate and then some.
looks good.
General rule of thumb, if two sizes are offered, get the "small".  It will be plenty big.
Absolutely!!!

Hungry Hunter in Llano used to have a pretty good CFS too.
I have eaten there but don't recall having the CFS.  We usually eat an Inman's when in Llano.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 03:28:11 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Is a "meat & three" a thing?
Is in the south.
I get what it means. But is it the name given to the type of meal, type of restaurant, or both?
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 03:29:45 PM
[...]

So many of the good Hill Country places have gone to crap over the years because of the damn tourists.  I don’t think there is a decent place left in Brady and I know there has not been one in Fredericksburg for years.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 03:33:02 PM
[...]

Fredericksburg is absolutely overrun with tourists.  Don't attempt to drive through it on a spring weekend or Christmastime, it's all but gridlocked.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 03:35:59 PM
Had chicken fried steak for lunch at a local meat & three, not bad but it did make me miss Texas.
Is a "meat & three" a thing?
Is in the south.
I get what it means. But is it the name given to the type of meal, type of restaurant, or both?
“Working Man’s Lunch” consisting of a meat and 3 sides and usually offering of 5-7 to choose from.  May be a meat with 2 sides and dessert.   It would also usually have cornbread or a biscuit with it and used to always include ice tea but that is not so common anymore.

Back in the day on the oil rigs they often called them “Squares”.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 03:37:03 PM
[...]

It’s been that way for at least 10-12 years but Brady is no better.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 04:13:17 PM
Well I think we all learned something today.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 04:27:40 PM
Well I think we all learned something today.
This is the place to learn, something new everyday 😀
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 04:29:15 PM
Well I think we all learned something today.
...... but how profitable was it?
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 05:41:41 PM
Lack of profit lull.

So, back for a minute to the Richard Overton services last weekend.  Some great photos from the Statesman.
https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8 (https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8)
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 05:48:01 PM
Lack of profit lull.

So, back for a minute to the Richard Overton services last weekend.  Some great photos from the Statesman.
https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8 (https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8)
Luv the cigar left for him on the tombstone.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 05:48:59 PM
All the profits from this operation go directly to Tony.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 05:56:46 PM
Lack of profit lull.

So, back for a minute to the Richard Overton services last weekend.  Some great photos from the Statesman.
https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8 (https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8)
thanks Mark. some nice photos there.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on January 16, 2019, 05:57:33 PM
Lack of profit lull.

So, back for a minute to the Richard Overton services last weekend.  Some great photos from the Statesman.
https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8 (https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8)
Luv the cigar left for him on the tombstone.
but they forgot the bottle of bourbon.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 16, 2019, 06:14:05 PM
Lack of profit lull.

So, back for a minute to the Richard Overton services last weekend.  Some great photos from the Statesman.
https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8 (https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8)
Luv the cigar left for him on the tombstone.
but they forgot the bottle of bourbon.
That’s a State Cemetery so probably illegal
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 06:22:19 PM
hot tub all clean. I am wet and cold. went to inflate it and I have a bunch of holes in the damn thing and no patch kits. SONOFABITCH.
Well, that sucks.
Even Dean can have the undesired holes in his vicinity.
I somehow get a bad vision here.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on January 16, 2019, 06:32:13 PM
Lack of profit lull.

So, back for a minute to the Richard Overton services last weekend.  Some great photos from the Statesman.
https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8 (https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8)
Luv the cigar left for him on the tombstone.
but they forgot the bottle of bourbon.
If you scroll to the bottom there are more galleries.  One of those is more Overton funeral pics which include the casket where you'll see the Maker's Mark and cigars.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 06:39:34 PM
Well I think we all learned something today.
...... but how profitable was it?
I made money.

Edit: Just to be clear, the money I made had nothing to do with this site. Cigarbanter.com is both a time and a money suck.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 06:43:37 PM
Lack of profit lull.

So, back for a minute to the Richard Overton services last weekend.  Some great photos from the Statesman.
https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8 (https://www.statesman.com/photogallery/TX/20190112/NEWS/112009999/PH/1?fbclid=IwAR1H3vO4-qNjfuK1OBsYCtuUFe53SvxUbVPk314AE-FwpCN_puqxVZJZCa8)
Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 06:53:37 PM
R&J Nicaragua is making the street. I think I need a palate check?
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 16, 2019, 06:58:15 PM
R&J Nicaragua is making the street. I think I need a palate check?
Not enjoying it?
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 07:01:33 PM
R&J Nicaragua is making the street. I think I need a palate check?
Not enjoying it?
I set it in the ash tray. Lit up a diesel 10th. Hitting the spot. The r&j is a dud.
Title: Re: 1/16/2019
Post by: bluecollar on January 16, 2019, 07:03:35 PM
D10 is a good smoke. Full bodied. Nice long finish. Slooow burn