CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 26

Author Topic: 3/31/2015  (Read 47017 times)

KC

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
Re: 3/31/2015
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2015, 08:07:47 AM »

When they have a desirable item at a decent deal they still fly off the shelves in minutes just like the old days but that does not seem to register any value with them.

Once in a while something decent does show up, like CLE Cuarentas 10/$29.99 a couple Jams ago.  But so many good cigars at good prices have just disappeared, like LAdC EEs, Guillermo Leon CGs, and so on.  I just buy elsewhere.   

sfish

« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2015, 08:11:49 AM »

When they have a desirable item at a decent deal they still fly off the shelves in minutes just like the old days but that does not seem to register any value with them.

Once in a while something decent does show up, like CLE Cuarentas 10/$29.99 a couple Jams ago.  But so many good cigars at good prices have just disappeared, like LAdC EEs, Guillermo Leon CGs, and so on.  I just buy elsewhere.

I would guess that's what's hurting CI are the other outlets that can grossly undersell them for everything except the occasional deal. If I'm looking for a box or major purchase CI is the last place I'm looking

YAD

• Yet Another Member
  • Junior Status
  • White stars are the best
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2015, 08:12:34 AM »

Good morning gents!  Scott - that box of Tat 10th BE has been going up for auction "tomorrow" for about a month now.  I'v been watching it for a long time and gave up.  Went to small batch and bought a couple of fivers instead.  $60 shipped, I think, with discount.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #48 on: March 31, 2015, 08:19:07 AM »

I would guess that's what's hurting CI are the other outlets that can grossly undersell them for everything except the occasional deal. If I'm looking for a box or major purchase CI is the last place I'm looking
I used to buy a lot of boxes long ago but over the past few years I have drastically shifted towards more variety and now I mostly like to buy nothing more than 5 paks unless it is a really great box deal on something I like a lot.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2015, 08:19:38 AM »

Morning Another Dave

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2015, 08:20:24 AM »

I used to buy a lot of boxes long ago but over the past few years I have drastically shifted towards more variety and now I mostly like to buy nothing more than 5 paks.
I always use the bid site for boxes. If you're paying attention, you can score some great deals.

Threebean

« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2015, 08:21:49 AM »

Morning men.  I had to hit the Ruination corona deal yesterday.  That's a great little stick, the only Runi I'll buy.  Been a long time for a jam purchase before that, though.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2015, 08:25:39 AM »

Morning men.  I had to hit the Ruination corona deal yesterday.  That's a great little stick, the only Runi I'll buy.  Been a long time for a jam purchase before that, though.
Morning Bean.   That was a good Jam item.

sfish

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2015, 08:25:43 AM »

Good morning gents!  Scott - that box of Tat 10th BE has been going up for auction "tomorrow" for about a month now.  I'v been watching it for a long time and gave up.  Went to small batch and bought a couple of fivers instead.  $60 shipped, I think, with discount.
I know but this time they mean it

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2015, 08:26:17 AM »

I used to buy a lot of boxes long ago but over the past few years I have drastically shifted towards more variety and now I mostly like to buy nothing more than 5 paks.
I always use the bid site for boxes. If you're paying attention, you can score some great deals.
Never have much gotten into the bid sites, don't have the patience.

Threebean

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2015, 08:26:25 AM »

Morning KC.  Man, I haven't seen those GL CG's for that price in a looong time.  Where do you find that?

CigarGuy87

• Non-Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • The tundra is thawing
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2015, 08:28:32 AM »

Good mornin gents

sfish

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2015, 08:29:42 AM »

Threebean