Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #330 on: March 26, 2015, 04:55:55 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
That's pretty fucked up... I'm reading this and then they make an announcement in my building that there was an incident downtown and we're not affected by it.  I've never heard such an announcement made before.  It was kinda ominous.  Glad I had already gotten my news here.
what time were you leaving, I've got cigars for you?
got to go to computer room, give me a text when you know.
I honestly don't know.  I have to get on a conference call in 8 minutes.
Will see you,  when I see you then.
heading on out.
Sorry, I never said hi, Flip.  I was just trying to read up on the banter, when I encountered both the posts on the NYC building fire, and TR's health situation, I jumped in.  So, hi, good to see you and everyone else, and goodbye, safe travel home.

« Reply #331 on: March 26, 2015, 04:56:26 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
That's pretty fucked up... I'm reading this and then they make an announcement in my building that there was an incident downtown and we're not affected by it.  I've never heard such an announcement made before.  It was kinda ominous.  Glad I had already gotten my news here.
what time were you leaving, I've got cigars for you?
got to go to computer room, give me a text when you know.
I honestly don't know.  I have to get on a conference call in 8 minutes.

Flip! Seriously, I thought you left. If you're waiting for Tony to decide something... you're gonna burn, damnit!
IBM repair Technician showed up with the part, a day early,
just as I wanted to leave.  My boss said "Ray is in the computer room."
I left good instructions, as to what part was bad, he didn't need me,
but apparently I was "required"  I am leaving now.

« Reply #332 on: March 26, 2015, 04:57:20 PM »

[...]
Hello Sly, Bye Sly!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/26/2015
« Reply #333 on: March 26, 2015, 04:58:52 PM »

If anyone needed any proof that Californians are insane - with the possible exception of JWacky - here it is:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/03/25/kamala-harris-goes-to-court-over-anti-gay-proposal/70461338/
Arizona has some good spillover!

http://madworldnews.com/drunk-yoga-teacher/
That's just wrong.
Yea, but you would sign up for her class.

Reminds me of the scene in Summer Rental, if anyone's remembers that one. Neighbor gets new boobs and asks everyone to give their opinion based on some sort of 'professional' qualification.

Vicki:
Can I have your honest opinion about something?

Vicki:
What do you think of these? Well, how do they look?

Jack Chester:
Uh, similar?

"I gave up a new powertool for them."

"Solid Choice."

« Reply #334 on: March 26, 2015, 05:05:10 PM »

If anyone needed any proof that Californians are insane - with the possible exception of JWacky - here it is:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/03/25/kamala-harris-goes-to-court-over-anti-gay-proposal/70461338/
Arizona has some good spillover!

http://madworldnews.com/drunk-yoga-teacher/
That's just wrong.
Yea, but you would sign up for her class.
Dave, that could be the next big thing! DrUnK YoGA
That is the only yoga I would even consider.

« Reply #335 on: March 26, 2015, 05:06:17 PM »

« Reply #336 on: March 26, 2015, 05:14:21 PM »

Back home feeling like crap and pissed off too now.

So, almost back to normal then...  ;)
2 days of hell since I got home.

Did you catch the crud, or is it just the warden?
Pine pollen while traveling, hit me in Mississippi and got worse all week, then hit with oak pollen here, about to kill me.

Yep, that's the crud. You takin' Zyrtec or something?
Nah, he's just grumping it out...

Guess that's why I had to ask... couldn't tell a difference.  ;D jk

That sh!t can really clog the sinus'. Gives me migraines. Not pleasant at all.
BYS & TR, thanks for posting ... you're pinpointing what I'm going through ... been dealing with something like a cold for the last week or so, but last night my joints and muscles around them ached like I had just done a 3 day move.  Took a couple ibuprofen, then went back to bed, woke up having a hard time breathing ... tried to bear with it, finally got up, took a couple puffs of an inhaler and took a Zyrtec D (which usually clears things up in 20 minutes or so), but I did not get the relief I needed in a reasonable length of time, so I took backup antibiotics and prednisone (I hate taking medications unless it's absolutely necessary) ... threw in the towel because the alternative was not being able to catch my breath.  5 or 6 hours later, I'm somewhat better, but not out running a mile.  I think I'll take a cue from TR and spend some time in bed under the covers, I missed a lot of sleep last night, but hate to miss the beautiful day outside, temps have gone from 50 to 74 in just a few hours.  P.S. Had a Casa Magna Colorado corona gorda last evening, followed by an RP Honduran (FSS blue label) maduro, then a San Miguel.  CM was a little too strong for the robust RB microbrews I was drinking ... big clash there ... I think I prefer the natural to the maduro in the RP Honduran line.  The San Miguel was the best in pairing.  Think I'll be dialed way back tonight.  Still want to see some good NCAA basketball. /// Sorry, somehow my post landed in the middle of the thread, rather that at the end ... hopefully this modifies it correctly.
It's just crazy as hell, start feeling half decent for a while then all of a sudden it hits me again.  5 blankets now and shivering from head to toe with a dry terrible cough

« Reply #337 on: March 26, 2015, 05:16:39 PM »

« Reply #338 on: March 26, 2015, 05:16:46 PM »

I'm out for the night, have a good one gents!
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #339 on: March 26, 2015, 05:21:55 PM »

[...]

Sorry to hear about it, TR.  I feel for you, brutha ... no fun at all ... especially the prospect of maybe (shudder) having to give up cigars and booze for awhile, even temporarily. Huzzah!  Hope you feel better soon!!!

« Reply #340 on: March 26, 2015, 05:23:22 PM »

Ever wonder what happens when a 60 ton concrete beam falls 16 feet down on your pick-um-up-truck?

Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #341 on: March 26, 2015, 05:23:40 PM »

I'm out for the night, have a good one gents!
See you later, CG.  Good luck on the job search.
Good to see everyone, I'm going to see if I can get some rest and improve on my condition, also.
Adios.

« Reply #342 on: March 26, 2015, 05:24:44 PM »

Ever wonder what happens when a 60 ton concrete beam falls 16 feet down on your pick-um-up-truck?
Is that what they call a flatbed?

« Reply #343 on: March 26, 2015, 05:26:12 PM »

[...]

Thanks Sly, have not had a cigar in a week but plenty of weekend booze so don't need that for a while.  This stuff is nasty, so cold my fingertips are numb.    Hope yours is on the mend!   I will go to the dr tomorrow if there is not some improvement.   Probably just need an enema administered by a beautiful 22 year old nurse

« Reply #344 on: March 26, 2015, 05:26:43 PM »

Ever wonder what happens when a 60 ton concrete beam falls 16 feet down on your pick-um-up-truck?
Is that what they call a flatbed?
In TX that is called a Hauler.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25