« Reply #285 on: March 26, 2015, 03:53:16 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Hopefully toast my ex....
LOL
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/26/2015
« Reply #286 on: March 26, 2015, 03:53:33 PM »

Back home feeling like crap and pissed off too now.

So, almost back to normal then...  ;)
2 days of hell since I got home.

Did you catch the crud, or is it just the warden?

« Reply #287 on: March 26, 2015, 03:54:39 PM »

Interview seemed to go really well - should find out late next week with the thumbs up or down.  It was via skype with the hiring manager, good thing she was cute, sure made the job sound better!
Did you hear anything from the last interview you had?
The one I had a couple weeks ago went really well, but the role was too technical for my liking(writing code, etc).  They are keeping me posted if anything comes up, I'm not holding my breath.  Another interview tomorrow(in person-had a phone interview with this company last week) and had a phone interview last week with another company but the HR lady is out this week on vacation so I won't hear anything until next week.

« Reply #288 on: March 26, 2015, 03:55:25 PM »

Well, sh!t... must be siesta time. I'll just tip-toe back out.
Sorry, saw a facebook sidebar for a big model train shown this
 weekend in Edison, NJ.  just navigated back.
If you like model trains, have you ever been to Northlandz, north of Flemington on Rt. 202?
I like model trains, but I have found that the opinion of
 the husband/father is not necessarily that of management
 in my house(or in the car near Flemington either!).
I did propose we go once, but was quickly outvoted 2 to one.

My Dad and youngest brother are into trains. All I can say is, no matter what scale/gauge you prefer, it still takes up a shitload of room in a basement.
I don't have any trains but like watching them operate, they are really neat I think.
I remember playing with an old antique set my dad passed down to me, so awesome to set that up around the whole house and watch it go!

« Reply #289 on: March 26, 2015, 03:57:07 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
Means nothing to me but might to some of you F,L and 4.5 & 6 trains are shut down.

« Reply #290 on: March 26, 2015, 03:57:13 PM »

Well, sh!t... must be siesta time. I'll just tip-toe back out.
Sorry, saw a facebook sidebar for a big model train shown this
 weekend in Edison, NJ.  just navigated back.
If you like model trains, have you ever been to Northlandz, north of Flemington on Rt. 202?
I like model trains, but I have found that the opinion of
 the husband/father is not necessarily that of management
 in my house(or in the car near Flemington either!).
I did propose we go once, but was quickly outvoted 2 to one.

My Dad and youngest brother are into trains. All I can say is, no matter what scale/gauge you prefer, it still takes up a shitload of room in a basement.
I don't have any trains but like watching them operate, they are really neat I think.
I inherited my late FIL's trains.  Have them all carefully packed away because I've never had a room to set up a layout.  Some of the trains came from Germany right after the war.  I'm told they're collector pieces.

« Reply #291 on: March 26, 2015, 03:59:17 PM »

Back home feeling like crap and pissed off too now.

So, almost back to normal then...  ;)
2 days of hell since I got home.

Did you catch the crud, or is it just the warden?
Pine pollen while traveling, hit me in Mississippi and got worse all week, then hit with oak pollen here, about to kill me.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/26/2015
« Reply #292 on: March 26, 2015, 03:59:27 PM »

Well, sh!t... must be siesta time. I'll just tip-toe back out.
Sorry, saw a facebook sidebar for a big model train shown this
 weekend in Edison, NJ.  just navigated back.
If you like model trains, have you ever been to Northlandz, north of Flemington on Rt. 202?
I like model trains, but I have found that the opinion of
 the husband/father is not necessarily that of management
 in my house(or in the car near Flemington either!).
I did propose we go once, but was quickly outvoted 2 to one.

My Dad and youngest brother are into trains. All I can say is, no matter what scale/gauge you prefer, it still takes up a shitload of room in a basement.
I don't have any trains but like watching them operate, they are really neat I think.

We used to go on an annual field trip during the holidays when I was in grade school. One of the places had an elaborate, scale model train setup that was as big as a HS gym. Everything you could imagine electronically synchronized and animated. Probably 50 or more trains going at one time. Was always awesome to check out all the little scenes while walking around it.

« Reply #293 on: March 26, 2015, 04:01:22 PM »

Well, sh!t... must be siesta time. I'll just tip-toe back out.
Sorry, saw a facebook sidebar for a big model train shown this
 weekend in Edison, NJ.  just navigated back.
If you like model trains, have you ever been to Northlandz, north of Flemington on Rt. 202?
I like model trains, but I have found that the opinion of
 the husband/father is not necessarily that of management
 in my house(or in the car near Flemington either!).
I did propose we go once, but was quickly outvoted 2 to one.

My Dad and youngest brother are into trains. All I can say is, no matter what scale/gauge you prefer, it still takes up a shitload of room in a basement.
I don't have any trains but like watching them operate, they are really neat I think.
I remember playing with an old antique set my dad passed down to me, so awesome to set that up around the whole house and watch it go!
There are several Lionel sets in the attic, some from my
 younger days,(circa 1962) some i collected along the way,
a disney set or two, a hogwarts set(British trains look good with
 the wife's Dickens Village ceramic houses. I have passed on to my two
 older children their trains, my son sold his(wish he had told me
I would have bought them back!).
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/26/2015
« Reply #294 on: March 26, 2015, 04:02:44 PM »

Back home feeling like crap and pissed off too now.

So, almost back to normal then...  ;)
2 days of hell since I got home.

Did you catch the crud, or is it just the warden?
Pine pollen while traveling, hit me in Mississippi and got worse all week, then hit with oak pollen here, about to kill me.

Yep, that's the crud. You takin' Zyrtec or something?

« Reply #295 on: March 26, 2015, 04:03:11 PM »

Well, sh!t... must be siesta time. I'll just tip-toe back out.
Sorry, saw a facebook sidebar for a big model train shown this
 weekend in Edison, NJ.  just navigated back.
If you like model trains, have you ever been to Northlandz, north of Flemington on Rt. 202?
I like model trains, but I have found that the opinion of
 the husband/father is not necessarily that of management
 in my house(or in the car near Flemington either!).
I did propose we go once, but was quickly outvoted 2 to one.

My Dad and youngest brother are into trains. All I can say is, no matter what scale/gauge you prefer, it still takes up a shitload of room in a basement.
I don't have any trains but like watching them operate, they are really neat I think.
Likewise.  That's why I thought becoming an engineer would be cool.  Put on my cap and overalls and took my diploma down to the switch yard.  Ah hell..

« Reply #296 on: March 26, 2015, 04:04:03 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
Means nothing to me but might to some of you F,L and 4.5 & 6 trains are shut down.
since it it only a two block walk to Penn station( the long ave blocks!)
going to head out now.  might effect the trains coming from the douglastown yards.

« Reply #297 on: March 26, 2015, 04:05:02 PM »

If anyone needed any proof that Californians are insane - with the possible exception of JWacky - here it is:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2015/03/25/kamala-harris-goes-to-court-over-anti-gay-proposal/70461338/

« Reply #298 on: March 26, 2015, 04:05:06 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
That explains the more than usual police activity I'm hearing.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/26/2015
« Reply #299 on: March 26, 2015, 04:05:37 PM »

"major" building collapse in NYC East Village.  Combination residential/commercial.  Big fire too.
I'm on the west side about 20 blocks north, and 10 or so Avenues west
Name is the Alpine building.
Means nothing to me but might to some of you F,L and 4.5 & 6 trains are shut down.
since it it only a two block walk to Penn station( the long ave blocks!)
going to head out now.  might effect the trains coming from the douglastown yards.

Good luck, Flip