« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2015, 11:41:10 AM »

How in the hell can a,network get so fact up your desktop will not even shut down without shutting the power off???  What a piece of chit operation l, 55 people getting paid to sit and cuss out their computers is what it amounts to.
It's a security precaution.  If you can't work, no data will be at risk.
Sounds perfectly logical here
Logged

Ogie

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2015, 11:41:56 AM »

Atlantic has the EPC Short Run 15's in.
And VIAJES! ;)

What's the VIP price on the Short Run 15 robustos?  The "direct" price is $118.  I asked Dave 10 minutes ago but I'm afraid he won't post again until lunch time.  I'll be long gone by then.
$109.95

Nice, thanks.  And thanks, Ogie, for the code.  Brings them down to $116.64 at SmallBatchCigar, shipped.
The 5-packs are cheaper per cigar because reasons...

Yeah, I noticed that... odd.  Barely, but they are.  Might just grab a 5'er first.  New wrapper for him and this line, but I haven't had a Short Run I didn't really enjoy.  Even the Inch Short Run had really nice flavors, it was just the size I didn't care for.
They divided the boxes by five for the packs but it's only boxes of 24.
IMO Ernie is on a string of misses.  Only in for 5.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2015, 11:42:01 AM »

Well, five pack ordered.  Free shipping at SmallBatchCigar on all orders over $1.00.  BOTL code worked, $23.33 delivered to my door.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2015, 11:43:17 AM »

Atlantic has the EPC Short Run 15's in.
And VIAJES! ;)

What's the VIP price on the Short Run 15 robustos?  The "direct" price is $118.  I asked Dave 10 minutes ago but I'm afraid he won't post again until lunch time.  I'll be long gone by then.
$109.95

Nice, thanks.  And thanks, Ogie, for the code.  Brings them down to $116.64 at SmallBatchCigar, shipped.
The 5-packs are cheaper per cigar because reasons...

Yeah, I noticed that... odd.  Barely, but they are.  Might just grab a 5'er first.  New wrapper for him and this line, but I haven't had a Short Run I didn't really enjoy.  Even the Inch Short Run had really nice flavors, it was just the size I didn't care for.
They divided the boxes by five for the packs but it's only boxes of 24.
IMO Ernie is on a string of misses.  Only in for 5.

I still like the vast majority of his stuff, but yeah,  I haven't enjoyed some of his recent stuff as much as I have in the past.  La Historia comes to mind as one that wasn't bad, but nothing like what I was expecting it to be.  Hence, five pack order for now.

« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2015, 11:43:23 AM »

Well, five pack ordered.  Free shipping at SmallBatchCigar on all orders over $1.00.  BOTL code worked, $23.33 delivered to my door.
Can't complain about that price, good deal!
Logged

Ogie

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »

Well, five pack ordered.  Free shipping at SmallBatchCigar on all orders over $1.00.  BOTL code worked, $23.33 delivered to my door.
You might get them today.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2015, 11:45:31 AM »

Well, five pack ordered.  Free shipping at SmallBatchCigar on all orders over $1.00.  BOTL code worked, $23.33 delivered to my door.
You might get them today.

Yeah, they're in California, aren't they?  I've ordered from them before and delivery is always next day, or two days at the most.  They ship USPS so it's quick.
Logged

Ogie

  • Founding Member
  • Junior Status
  • *
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2015, 11:46:17 AM »

Well, five pack ordered.  Free shipping at SmallBatchCigar on all orders over $1.00.  BOTL code worked, $23.33 delivered to my door.
You might get them today.

Yeah, they're in California, aren't they?  I've ordered from them before and delivery is always next day, or two days at the most.  They ship USPS so it's quick.
Yeah, it's Maxamar in Orange.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2015, 11:48:31 AM »

Well, five pack ordered.  Free shipping at SmallBatchCigar on all orders over $1.00.  BOTL code worked, $23.33 delivered to my door.
You might get them today.

Yeah, they're in California, aren't they?  I've ordered from them before and delivery is always next day, or two days at the most.  They ship USPS so it's quick.
Yeah, it's Maxamar in Orange.

Not like any of us are on the verge of running out of cigars, but still like to get things quick.  I'll smoke one over the weekend.

« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2015, 11:48:39 AM »

Well, five pack ordered.  Free shipping at SmallBatchCigar on all orders over $1.00.  BOTL code worked, $23.33 delivered to my door.
So, on all orders?

« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2015, 11:50:17 AM »

Well, five pack ordered.  Free shipping at SmallBatchCigar on all orders over $1.00.  BOTL code worked, $23.33 delivered to my door.
So, on all orders?
No, only orders over $1.00 - sheesh!        ;D

« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2015, 11:50:50 AM »

Well, five pack ordered.  Free shipping at SmallBatchCigar on all orders over $1.00.  BOTL code worked, $23.33 delivered to my door.
So, on all orders?
No, only orders over $1.00 - sheesh!        ;D
Haha. Created an account, and that's really what it says. Well how about that.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2015, 11:52:05 AM »

Well, five pack ordered.  Free shipping at SmallBatchCigar on all orders over $1.00.  BOTL code worked, $23.33 delivered to my door.
So, on all orders?
No, only orders over $1.00 - sheesh!        ;D
Haha. Created an account, and that's really what it says. Well how about that.

Gotta draw the line somewhere, lol.

« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2015, 11:52:36 AM »

On a more depressing note, we had snow on the ground today - unFUCKINGreal
67 here now 81 this afternoon.   88 when I got home yesterday.

« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2015, 11:53:31 AM »

Morning, all.  Good times at the tasting last night.  Really didn't care for any of the Auchentoshans.  Liked most of the Laphroaigs.  Only real dud of the evening was the Laphroaig Select, which the rep said was "selected" from other casks of the 10 Year, Triple Wood, Quarter Cask, etc, and blended together.  To me, that sounds like scrap whiskey that didn't fit a profile so they just mix it all together and sell it cheap.
sort of like the description of how they salvage tobacco to make them Papas Fritas...
''Very smooth for Laphroaig-the extra aging has mellowed this whisky. Soothing honeyed malt, creamy vanilla and toffee provide a bed for peat smoke, charcoal, tar, along with more subtle brine, smoked seaweed, anise, ginger and citrus. A, gentler, creamier, more tactile, less medicinal Laphroaig when compared to some of its siblings (Cask Strength, 15 year old, 25 year old, and even Quarter Cask). Will you prefer the new 18 year old to the 15 year old it is replacing? That depends. I enjoy the balance and subtle complexity of flavors with the 15 year old, but I also like the enhanced richness, mouth-coating creaminess of the 18 year old. The higher strength (and no chill-filtering) of the 18 is certainly a bonus.''

Malt Advocate Rating: 90pts
that marketing had me going for the 18 yr old Laphroaig select.  it's all how you are introduced to a product.  But I acknowledge Joes sense of what he likes.