« Reply #330 on: March 18, 2015, 04:41:59 PM »

Afternoon gents.  Snow in the forecast for Friday.  First day of spring, sheesh.
Had a good San Miguel torp yesterday with some Tullamore Dew, while soaking up the late afternoon sunshine on the Western exposure side of our K of C with a good buddy.  Later after a dinner of corned beef and cabbage with old family friends, I headed out to our Thursday herfing spot for Guinness & other beer specials.  Had a real nice La Campina toro, followed by my first CyB lonsdale club corona, also very good.  You know Guiness used to be such a big deal, and I'd love to try one in Ireland, but we have been spoiled by some phenomenal microbrewed Porters and Stouts that make Guiness taste blah, but comparison.
Howdy Steve.  Sounds like a nice respite.  Rain has cleared and real nice out here now, might have to go poolside with a beer and stogie myself later this evening.
Mark ... you enjoy it.  Amazing win by Notre Dame over NC the other day.  Did you watch it?  A lot of people gave up, but it was really something how, with their back to the wall, they were able to come back, the way they did.
Yes, watched that one and the Duke game.  Both great games.  Looking forward to the tournament.
Only perk about being unemployed right now
Plus I imagine it's warming up outside enough to enjoy a cigar in the middle of the day.  Silver linings.
It's all about the little victories

« Reply #331 on: March 18, 2015, 04:43:01 PM »

@NJDave, I see Atlantic has MC III's in stock. Any VIP discount? I imagine it's minimal
I'll check it when I get back to my computer, unless NJDave beats me to it
Sorry keep forgetting you have it too
NP - good prices!
Mutante, 20/$136
Papi Chulo, 50/$290
Roxxo, 20/$122
Sucio, 20/$149

No 5-pack option? I mean, I gotta try it before I go balls deep in a box.  ;)
There were 5pack and singles on sale too

« Reply #332 on: March 18, 2015, 04:44:23 PM »

I may have to smoke something soon.  Perhaps a Tattoo?

« Reply #333 on: March 18, 2015, 04:44:24 PM »

@NJDave, I see Atlantic has MC III's in stock. Any VIP discount? I imagine it's minimal
I'll check it when I get back to my computer, unless NJDave beats me to it
Sorry keep forgetting you have it too
NP - good prices!
Mutante, 20/$136
Papi Chulo, 50/$290
Roxxo, 20/$122
Sucio, 20/$149
No 5-pack option? I mean, I gotta try it before I go balls deep in a box.  ;)
Nice one, but not gonna say it. Even I have standards.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #334 on: March 18, 2015, 04:44:25 PM »

...and next week on guns & ammo banter... Bret fieldstrips and cleans his G22
Will he forget to clear the chamber before disassembly?  Check back next <<<bang>>>

Oops.
For some odd reason, I'm gonna go ahead and give you more credit than that... since you're not a total noob. Although, there is that questionable range episode. jk.  ;D
Hey!!  It was dark, dammit!  And raining!
And you weren't carrying your firearm with a round chambered and the safety off, so there's that as well.

Very true.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #335 on: March 18, 2015, 04:45:54 PM »

@NJDave, I see Atlantic has MC III's in stock. Any VIP discount? I imagine it's minimal
I'll check it when I get back to my computer, unless NJDave beats me to it
Sorry keep forgetting you have it too
NP - good prices!
Mutante, 20/$136
Papi Chulo, 50/$290
Roxxo, 20/$122
Sucio, 20/$149
No 5-pack option? I mean, I gotta try it before I go balls deep in a box.  ;)
Nice one, but not gonna say it. Even I have standards.

Sheesh... That was on a tee
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #336 on: March 18, 2015, 04:47:11 PM »

I may have to smoke something soon.  Perhaps a Tattoo?

Perhaps? What's the alternative... no smoke?

« Reply #337 on: March 18, 2015, 04:51:11 PM »

Got that one cleared up wtf is next?  Told them I am drinking so can't drive hopefully that works.

« Reply #338 on: March 18, 2015, 04:51:52 PM »

I may have to smoke something soon.  Perhaps a Tattoo?

Perhaps? What's the alternative... no smoke?
I think I have a few choices.  The Tattoo is the only one I know I have with me.  But not sure I have time for a smoke before my dinner engagement.

« Reply #339 on: March 18, 2015, 04:52:08 PM »

...and next week on guns & ammo banter... Bret fieldstrips and cleans his G22
Will he forget to clear the chamber before disassembly?  Check back next <<<bang>>>

Oops.
For some odd reason, I'm gonna go ahead and give you more credit than that... since you're not a total noob. Although, there is that questionable range episode. jk.  ;D
Hey!!  It was dark, dammit!  And raining!
And you weren't carrying your firearm with a round chambered and the safety off, so there's that as well.
No, but I did have the sidearm holstered with a round chambered and the safety on...

« Reply #340 on: March 18, 2015, 04:52:29 PM »

@NJDave, I see Atlantic has MC III's in stock. Any VIP discount? I imagine it's minimal
I'll check it when I get back to my computer, unless NJDave beats me to it
Sorry keep forgetting you have it too
NP - good prices!
Mutante, 20/$136
Papi Chulo, 50/$290
Roxxo, 20/$122
Sucio, 20/$149
No 5-pack option? I mean, I gotta try it before I go balls deep in a box.  ;)
Nice one, but not gonna say it. Even I have standards.
Agreed, that was a tough one to pass on.
Logged

ss2

  • Summertime!!
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #341 on: March 18, 2015, 04:52:54 PM »

I may have to smoke something soon.  Perhaps a Tattoo?
Tried a 5-pk of those and was a bit underwhelmed.  after the TAT hype I was looking for very good.  got ok.    taking a Partagus Cifuentes Maduro with me for the ride.  If I get brave enough, i might even light it.  later all!

« Reply #342 on: March 18, 2015, 04:52:58 PM »

Got that one cleared up wtf is next?  Told them I am drinking so can't drive hopefully that works.
With that rationale, you really should start earlier in the day.  It's not like anyone here judges.

« Reply #343 on: March 18, 2015, 04:52:59 PM »

Got that one cleared up wtf is next?  Told them I am drinking so can't drive hopefully that works.
Genius plan!!

« Reply #344 on: March 18, 2015, 04:53:03 PM »

@NJDave, I see Atlantic has MC III's in stock. Any VIP discount? I imagine it's minimal
Couple of each left.  Varies from sizes, but VIP is roughly $50 off a box and $6 off a 5er.