BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #300 on: March 18, 2015, 03:41:47 PM »

...and next week on guns & ammo banter... Bret fieldstrips and cleans his G22

« Reply #301 on: March 18, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Got one too, but haven't smoked it yet.

Howdy, Bret. Glad to hear you finally burned some ammo... What'd you think of how it cleans up?
Haven't cleaned it yet.  Too many things happening, but will get it done tonight or tomorrow.  The takedown is well thought out, though mechanically similar to how I take down the 1911. It's just that the 1911 has the collet and it breaks down into more pieces.

Going back to the range on Sunday afternoon for more practice and break-in.
Glock needs one round and it's broke in.  Easier to put back together than a 1911.
Mine was a tongue-in-cheek comment - it's me that needs to get broke in.  Glock is a different animal to learn to use, if one is accustomed to 1911s and Berettas.

The Glock is indeed easier to re-assemble.  If I have one critique, it's that the takedown mechanism can be a bugger to get hold of.
That would be the partial slide and trigger pull to initiate the process?  Agreed.
Oh...I get it.  You have a New York trigger?  Don't know what that is, but the way you phrased the question made me go look to see if I'd missed something.  With the New York trigger, you have to pull the trigger during the release of the slide.  So what is a New York trigger?
Did not know it had that name, but yeah, pull the slide back about 1/2" and do a partial trigger pull to release the slide. Pull the trigger too little or too much and it doesn't work.  I would name this the Goldilocks trigger, you have to do it just right.
Yeah, mine doesn't require that Goldilocks pull.  Just pull the trigger, do the partial slide with the right hand and pull down the slide lock with the left.  Slide comes off.  But that slide lock needs the goldilocks treatment as well.
I have the 23 while you have the 22.  Don't know if that's the difference or yours is a later generation.  It's also possible to jam the slide during reassembly if not careful.  Did that once early on and thought I'd f'd it up.

« Reply #302 on: March 18, 2015, 03:44:16 PM »

Afternoon gents.  Snow in the forecast for Friday.  First day of spring, sheesh.
Had a good San Miguel torp yesterday with some Tullamore Dew, while soaking up the late afternoon sunshine on the Western exposure side of our K of C with a good buddy.  Later after a dinner of corned beef and cabbage with old family friends, I headed out to our Thursday herfing spot for Guinness & other beer specials.  Had a real nice La Campina toro, followed by my first CyB lonsdale club corona, also very good.  You know Guiness used to be such a big deal, and I'd love to try one in Ireland, but we have been spoiled by some phenomenal microbrewed Porters and Stouts that make Guiness taste blah, but comparison.
Howdy Steve.  Sounds like a nice respite.  Rain has cleared and real nice out here now, might have to go poolside with a beer and stogie myself later this evening.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #303 on: March 18, 2015, 03:46:23 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Se gusto mucho.

« Reply #304 on: March 18, 2015, 03:47:30 PM »

[...]

I got both and they work the same but Raz's looks to be a Gen 4 and there may be the difference.  Have not tried a 4 myself mine are all 3's except my 22 is a gen 2 but works the same.

« Reply #305 on: March 18, 2015, 03:48:09 PM »

Fuk here we go again wedding shit bomb.
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #306 on: March 18, 2015, 03:48:31 PM »

Afternoon gents.  Snow in the forecast for Friday.  First day of spring, sheesh.
Had a good San Miguel torp yesterday with some Tullamore Dew, while soaking up the late afternoon sunshine on the Western exposure side of our K of C with a good buddy.  Later after a dinner of corned beef and cabbage with old family friends, I headed out to our Thursday herfing spot for Guinness & other beer specials.  Had a real nice La Campina toro, followed by my first CyB lonsdale club corona, also very good.  You know Guiness used to be such a big deal, and I'd love to try one in Ireland, but we have been spoiled by some phenomenal microbrewed Porters and Stouts that make Guiness taste blah, but comparison.
Howdy Steve.  Sounds like a nice respite.  Rain has cleared and real nice out here now, might have to go poolside with a beer and stogie myself later this evening.
Mark ... you enjoy it.  Amazing win by Notre Dame over NC the other day.  Did you watch it?  A lot of people gave up, but it was really something how, with their back to the wall, they were able to come back, the way they did.

« Reply #307 on: March 18, 2015, 03:49:34 PM »

Fuk here we go again wedding shit bomb.
Sounds worse than the ice house!  ;)
Logged

SLY

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
« Reply #308 on: March 18, 2015, 03:53:12 PM »

Fuk here we go again wedding shit bomb.
Duck and cover.  Sometimes it take a bigger man to walk away from a fight.

« Reply #309 on: March 18, 2015, 03:56:32 PM »

@NJDave, I see Atlantic has MC III's in stock. Any VIP discount? I imagine it's minimal
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #310 on: March 18, 2015, 03:58:03 PM »

Fuk here we go again wedding shit bomb.

Wedding shit bombs are much nicer, and easier to light than regular shit bombs... all the frilly lace and such.  ;D

« Reply #311 on: March 18, 2015, 04:02:02 PM »

@NJDave, I see Atlantic has MC III's in stock. Any VIP discount? I imagine it's minimal
I'll check it when I get back to my computer, unless NJDave beats me to it

« Reply #312 on: March 18, 2015, 04:03:48 PM »

[...]
Yes, watched that one and the Duke game.  Both great games.  Looking forward to the tournament.

« Reply #313 on: March 18, 2015, 04:09:20 PM »

@NJDave, I see Atlantic has MC III's in stock. Any VIP discount? I imagine it's minimal
I'll check it when I get back to my computer, unless NJDave beats me to it
Sorry keep forgetting you have it too

« Reply #314 on: March 18, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »

[...]
Only perk about being unemployed right now