« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2015, 02:30:22 PM »

Sniff, sniff! Something smells like aromatic bath soaps combined with fried nerves, TXDave must be back
LALTS!
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2015, 02:30:51 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Same here.  actually not bad.  wonder what they would do with some age.  may pick up 5 over at the monster just to see.  usually not too expensive-even for Rockies.

I'd be willing to give 'em another try... if the price was right. I've been fooled a bit by some singles from samplers and such. Re-visited a 5 pack, and HATED them. Leaving me wonder WTF?

and a good afternoon to ya, Sam
Well it's a RP cigar so...

Well, smoke the damn thing. Don't worry about aging. Let's see if they got at least 2 rolled consistently.  ;)

« Reply #272 on: March 18, 2015, 02:31:23 PM »

Sniff, sniff! Something smells like aromatic bath soaps combined with fried nerves, TXDave must be back
You are 100% correct! got $96 worth of bath soaps to be exact.

« Reply #273 on: March 18, 2015, 02:31:28 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Afternoon Steve, I got one also but haven't smoked it yet

Hi, Scott. Did you ever end up getting anything from the CAYP site? I saw you posted a better deal than the .biz for the Rothschildes last week... $156
I never did, we're making some good financial moves including eliminating a credit card which happens to be the one I have registered everywhere so I'm taking a break until all things are finalized. Great deal though, would like to do a split at some point
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #274 on: March 18, 2015, 02:32:04 PM »

Alright men, I'm outta here see you tomorrow

Okay, Pfucker. See ya later.

« Reply #275 on: March 18, 2015, 02:32:59 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Same here.  actually not bad.  wonder what they would do with some age.  may pick up 5 over at the monster just to see.  usually not too expensive-even for Rockies.

I'd be willing to give 'em another try... if the price was right. I've been fooled a bit by some singles from samplers and such. Re-visited a 5 pack, and HATED them. Leaving me wonder WTF?

and a good afternoon to ya, Sam
Well it's a RP cigar so...

Well, smoke the damn thing. Don't worry about aging. Let's see if they got at least 2 rolled consistently.  ;)
I got one too and put it in the in-law drawer.
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #276 on: March 18, 2015, 02:34:48 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Same here.  actually not bad.  wonder what they would do with some age.  may pick up 5 over at the monster just to see.  usually not too expensive-even for Rockies.

I'd be willing to give 'em another try... if the price was right. I've been fooled a bit by some singles from samplers and such. Re-visited a 5 pack, and HATED them. Leaving me wonder WTF?

and a good afternoon to ya, Sam
Well it's a RP cigar so...

Well, smoke the damn thing. Don't worry about aging. Let's see if they got at least 2 rolled consistently.  ;)
I got one too and put it in the in-law drawer.

Your nerves really are rattled.... heh.

« Reply #277 on: March 18, 2015, 02:35:15 PM »

Later purple fish
Logged

BackyardSmoker

  • Smoke is good
  • Back2Back
Re: 3/18/2015
« Reply #278 on: March 18, 2015, 02:36:19 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Same here.  actually not bad.  wonder what they would do with some age.  may pick up 5 over at the monster just to see.  usually not too expensive-even for Rockies.

I'd be willing to give 'em another try... if the price was right. I've been fooled a bit by some singles from samplers and such. Re-visited a 5 pack, and HATED them. Leaving me wonder WTF?

and a good afternoon to ya, Sam
Well it's a RP cigar so...

Well, smoke the damn thing. Don't worry about aging. Let's see if they got at least 2 rolled consistently.  ;)
I got one too and put it in the in-law drawer.

You should probably stay out of your in-laws drawers... for the sake of the wedding anyway.  ;D

Hiya, Dave.

« Reply #279 on: March 18, 2015, 02:40:05 PM »

[...]

Hey BS.  Not the new in-laws they are great folks I share the very best with them.    Wife's side in-laws, ain't worth a shit.  Wardens brother said it cost too much to come to this wedding (he can well afford it) so was not coming amend she is more than casually pissed, doubt I will be bothered anymore with that one.

« Reply #280 on: March 18, 2015, 02:46:04 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Got one too, but haven't smoked it yet.

Howdy, Bret. Glad to hear you finally burned some ammo... What'd you think of how it cleans up?
Haven't cleaned it yet.  Too many things happening, but will get it done tonight or tomorrow.  The takedown is well thought out, though mechanically similar to how I take down the 1911. It's just that the 1911 has the collet and it breaks down into more pieces.

Going back to the range on Sunday afternoon for more practice and break-in.

« Reply #281 on: March 18, 2015, 02:48:19 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Got one too, but haven't smoked it yet.

Howdy, Bret. Glad to hear you finally burned some ammo... What'd you think of how it cleans up?
Haven't cleaned it yet.  Too many things happening, but will get it done tonight or tomorrow.  The takedown is well thought out, though mechanically similar to how I take down the 1911. It's just that the 1911 has the collet and it breaks down into more pieces.

Going back to the range on Sunday afternoon for more practice and break-in.
Glock needs one round and it's broke in.  Easier to put back together than a 1911.

« Reply #282 on: March 18, 2015, 02:50:36 PM »

Afternoon Raz, was thinking about you I am smoking one of those Nica Libre's I bought by accident while drinking.

« Reply #283 on: March 18, 2015, 02:59:40 PM »

Afternoon Raz, was thinking about you I am smoking one of those Nica Libre's I bought by accident while drinking.
And tonight we'll read a post from you saying "having a bubble bath with the lavender chamomile bathsoap I bought by accident at Bath and Body Works".

« Reply #284 on: March 18, 2015, 03:05:55 PM »

Has anyone smoked the RP Nicaraguan? Got a throw-in a Famous order. Thought it was pretty good. Better than most of the 'samples' that end up in the canal.
Got one too, but haven't smoked it yet.

Howdy, Bret. Glad to hear you finally burned some ammo... What'd you think of how it cleans up?
Haven't cleaned it yet.  Too many things happening, but will get it done tonight or tomorrow.  The takedown is well thought out, though mechanically similar to how I take down the 1911. It's just that the 1911 has the collet and it breaks down into more pieces.

Going back to the range on Sunday afternoon for more practice and break-in.
Glock needs one round and it's broke in.  Easier to put back together than a 1911.
Mine was a tongue-in-cheek comment - it's me that needs to get broke in.  Glock is a different animal to learn to use, if one is accustomed to 1911s and Berettas.

The Glock is indeed easier to re-assemble.  If I have one critique, it's that the takedown mechanism can be a bugger to get hold of.