CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: 12/30/2022  (Read 514 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 12/30/2022
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2022, 12:50:32 PM »

And we're finally at page two. Now you can do your thing, ClemsonDave.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2022, 12:50:42 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hello, my friend. Hope you're enjoying your Friday off.
Only been awake for 50 minutes, but that in itself is pretty awesome.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2022, 12:51:27 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hello, my friend. Hope you're enjoying your Friday off.
Only been awake for 50 minutes, but that in itself is pretty awesome.
It really is. A good way to end the year.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2022, 01:04:54 PM »

This sleeping in thing is fabulous. I know I've only been at this job for three months but I'm very happy to have had this week off.
Agreed. Need to hit the lotto and make early retirement a reality. Slept in, had a quick bite and went out to run some errands. Now to relax the rest of the day. At least, until it's time to make dinner.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2022, 01:05:35 PM »

Wordle 559 5/6*

⬛⬛🟨🟨⬛
⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟨🟨⬛⬛🟨
🟩🟩🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2022, 02:36:54 PM »

Too early to consider dinner but I made some soft corn tortilla tacos for lunch that were D-licious!

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2022, 03:28:36 PM »

Too early to consider dinner but I made some soft corn tortilla tacos for lunch that were D-licious!
I bought corn tortillas once by accident for a taco night. Not a mistake I'll make again. Wasn't a fan.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2022, 04:37:09 PM »

I bought corn tortillas once by accident for a taco night. Not a mistake I'll make again. Wasn't a fan.
You just haven't had good corn tortillas. Generally speaking, any tortillas you can buy in a grocery store are going to suck. The flour tortillas taste like paste, and the corn tortillas taste like sand.

You have to make them yourself, or find a Hispanic lady wheeling a cart full of tamales and tortillas for sale, or something.

Back in the 90s, I was doing a lot of work for the Mt Carmel Health System in Columbus. One day the IT guy took me out for lunch, and because I was from Arizona then, he took me for Mexican food. It was awful. A coupla days later I managed to find some hole in the wall place in a really sketchy area of town, and showed him what a reasonable approximation of Mexican food actually tasted like. It was a bit of a revelation for him.

But yes, the worst Mexican food I've ever had was in Ohio. ;-)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2022, 05:28:33 PM »

I completely cheated on this one. In all fairness, I didn't know the original song had been sampled. Therefore, I needed the assistance of Google.

#Heardle #309

🔊⬛🟨🟩⬜⬜⬜

https://spotify.com/heardle?r=share

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2022, 05:33:24 PM »

It’s official—Cristiano Ronaldo has signed with Al-Nassr of Saudi Arabia.

The 37-year-old soccer star inked a deal that is reportedly expected to pay him $75 million per year over the life of the contract after his deal was terminated with Manchester United in November.

Good riddance.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2022, 06:18:53 PM »

You just haven't had good corn tortillas. Generally speaking, any tortillas you can buy in a grocery store are going to suck. The flour tortillas taste like paste, and the corn tortillas taste like sand.

You have to make them yourself, or find a Hispanic lady wheeling a cart full of tamales and tortillas for sale, or something.

Back in the 90s, I was doing a lot of work for the Mt Carmel Health System in Columbus. One day the IT guy took me out for lunch, and because I was from Arizona then, he took me for Mexican food. It was awful. A coupla days later I managed to find some hole in the wall place in a really sketchy area of town, and showed him what a reasonable approximation of Mexican food actually tasted like. It was a bit of a revelation for him.

At least the corn tortillas should've been good, since 80% of the state is corn.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2022, 06:19:13 PM »

It’s official—Cristiano Ronaldo has signed with Al-Nassr of Saudi Arabia.

The 37-year-old soccer star inked a deal that is reportedly expected to pay him $75 million per year over the life of the contract after his deal was terminated with Manchester United in November.

Good riddance.
Amen.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2022, 06:24:46 PM »

At least the corn tortillas should've been good, since 80% of the state is corn.
Yeah but are 80% of the constituents Mexican?

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2022, 08:11:29 PM »

Yeah but are 80% of the constituents Mexican?
Indeed they are not, which certainly speaks to our love for shitty Mexican food.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2022, 08:29:38 PM »

Got the tree taken down. Didn't want that task staring me in the face on Sunday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3