Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2022, 10:40:45 AM »

Today's Over/Under is 9
Raz Over/Under is 11
7

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2022, 10:41:37 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Film critic Gene Shalit is 96.
Former astronaut James Lovell is 94.
Feminist activist and author Gloria Steinem is 88.
Singer Anita Bryant is 82.
Actor Paul Michael Glaser is 79.
Singer Sir Elton John is 75.
Actor Bonnie Bedelia is 74.
Actor-comedian Mary Gross is 69.
Actor James McDaniel is 64.
Movie producer Amy Pascal is 64.
Rock musician Steve Norman (Spandau Ballet) is 62.
Actor Brenda Strong is 62.
Actor Fred Goss is 61.
Actor-writer-director John Stockwell is 61.
Actor Marcia Cross is 60.
Author Kate DiCamillo is 58.
Actor Lisa Gay Hamilton is 58.
Actor Sarah Jessica Parker is 57.
Baseball Hall of Famer Tom Glavine is 56.
TV personality Ben Mankiewicz is 55.
Olympic bronze medal figure skater Debi Thomas is 55.
Actor Laz Alonso is 51.
Singer Melanie Blatt (All Saints) is 47.
Actor Domenick Lombardozzi is 46.
Actor Lee Pace is 43.
Actor Sean Faris is 40.
Comedian-actor Alex Moffat (TV: “Saturday Night Live”) is 40.
Former auto racer Danica Patrick is 40.
Actor-singer Katharine McPhee is 38.
Comedian-actor Chris Redd (TV: “Saturday Night Live”) is 37.
Singer Jason Castro is 35.
Rapper Big Sean is 34.
Rap DJ-producer Ryan Lewis is 34.
Actor Matthew Beard is 33.
Actor-singer Aly (AKA Alyson) Michalka (mish-AL’-kah) is 33.
Actor Kiowa Gordon is 32.
Actor Seychelle Gabriel is 31.
I bet Dean and Carolina Dave are celebrating today.

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2022, 10:42:25 AM »

That brings us to page 3 for Raz's proper entry position.

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2022, 10:45:10 AM »

I received a Father's Day "gift" a couple of years ago of a weekly landscaper visit. The gift must have been calling them because I certainly paid them each month. They weren't very good and I ultimately fired them at the end of last season. They literally spent 7 minutes here each week - from parking the truck to taking off again. And spending that kind of money for just 7 minutes seems wrong. But it saved me HOURS of time and I truly did love that part.

Am I nuts for considering hiring someone else?
Makes sense to me. Regardless of how long it takes THEM, if it's saving YOU lots of time, that's all that matters. Though, I get wanting to at least see them sweat a bit out there like you would be. Lol
Exactly!
I will admit, the best part is never having to add line to the weed whacker/trimmer.

Also, I threw out my lawn mower.
My lawn mower crapped out at the end of last year, so I'll be in the market for one shortly.

And you're right, adding line to the trimmer is definitely a pain in the ass.
I would suggest a Toro.
I'll probably be getting it at Lowe's, looks like most of their in-store stock consists of Craftsman.
Used to like Craftsman (they didn't sell mowers before).  Now that Sears sold them, the name to me is like Chinese Gurkhas.
I'll have to see what's available out there. I've only done a cursory look-around, since I didn't have an immediate need for one. Even now, I've easily got another 3-4 weeks before I'll need one.

« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2022, 10:49:53 AM »

The good side of my bracket still looks good with Duke, Houston and Villanova wins.  Today's side....not so much.

« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2022, 10:50:28 AM »

Good morning, Dave. Happy Friday. What's the big plan for this weekend?
Actually, don't have a lot planned this weekend. The older 2 are getting their #fakerona boosters after school today, then the oldest has a dance tonight that will cut into my man cave time. Other than that, nothing on the docket. Just relaxing and watching some golf, maybe a bit of OT tomorrow morning.

You?
No March Madness watching?

« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2022, 10:50:55 AM »

good morning Tony, Dave, and Dave. got some shopping done. glad I only use a small cart. I couldn't afford to fill a big one. waiting on the a/c repairman to call, and picking up a lady friend for the weekend at noon.

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2022, 10:52:12 AM »

[...]

Just my opinions but I feel Home Depot has a better selection.

« Reply #38 on: March 25, 2022, 10:52:46 AM »

good morning Tony, Dave, and Dave. got some shopping done. glad I only use a small cart. I couldn't afford to fill a big one. waiting on the a/c repairman to call, and picking up a lady friend for the weekend at noon.
New contestant?

« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2022, 10:53:27 AM »

[...]

I'll take a look there, too, but I have reservations about Home Depot. They gave me a serious runaround years ago about a new lock on my patio door and I've yet to forgive them. Lol

« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2022, 10:54:14 AM »

good morning Tony, Dave, and Dave. got some shopping done. glad I only use a small cart. I couldn't afford to fill a big one. waiting on the a/c repairman to call, and picking up a lady friend for the weekend at noon.
Those big carts are a real pain!

Morning, AuditioningANewWomanDean.

« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2022, 10:55:25 AM »

Good morning, Dave. Happy Friday. What's the big plan for this weekend?
Actually, don't have a lot planned this weekend. The older 2 are getting their #fakerona boosters after school today, then the oldest has a dance tonight that will cut into my man cave time. Other than that, nothing on the docket. Just relaxing and watching some golf, maybe a bit of OT tomorrow morning.

You?
No March Madness watching?
I may turn it on at points. But with no dog in the fight, and not watching a lot of college sports to begin with, it's not must-watch tv for me. I did catch a bit of the Gonzaga game last night, though.

« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2022, 10:55:36 AM »

[...]

And Dean likes their cuisine.

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2022, 10:57:30 AM »

[...]

Sounds like Dean and CI.
Sheesh, we don't hold grudges around here, do we.
...on that note, let me tell you about my wife... :-X

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2022, 10:58:23 AM »

good morning Tony, Dave, and Dave. got some shopping done. glad I only use a small cart. I couldn't afford to fill a big one. waiting on the a/c repairman to call, and picking up a lady friend for the weekend at noon.
New contestant?
re-tread. widow lady has been using me to get away from her evil step mother. makes the hottub more enjoyable.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5