Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2021, 12:44:35 PM »

Summary of gold medal performances in case you missed them...or want to see them again.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/tokyo-summer-olympics/watch-team-usas-gold-medal-performances/3174325/?amp

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2021, 12:51:48 PM »

Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
I can almost hear it through the photo. Looks amazing.
It's loud enough that you probably can, all the way to Jersey.  It's a glorious sound, but at 85 watts, dialed into its "sweet spot" at about 5 on the volume dial, it's brutally loud.

« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2021, 12:58:29 PM »

In the meantime, tropical storm Nepartak heading toward Japan.  Surfing competition is getting some impressive waves.

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2021, 01:05:03 PM »

Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
I can almost hear it through the photo. Looks amazing.
It's loud enough that you probably can, all the way to Jersey.  It's a glorious sound, but at 85 watts, dialed into its "sweet spot" at about 5 on the volume dial, it's brutally loud.
Sounds like you missed a golden opportunity.

« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2021, 01:13:12 PM »

Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
So try not to smash this one at the end of a set...
Don't even get me started.  I despise that shit, and musicians that do it are NOT artistic, they are fuckheads.  And yes, I mean Pete Townshend.  But Pete realizes he was a fuckhead in the 60's.

All told, including purchase price, I'm into this amp $2500.  That sounds like a lot, and it is.  But...the amp sold new in 1965 for $479.50.  Adjusted for inflation, that's over $4K in today's dollars.  Unmolested examples from 1965 - which this is not because the original speaker, baffle board, and back panel are missing - now sell for $3500-$6000 or more, depending on condition.  So I'm in solid value for money territory.

But $2500 is still a lot of money.  Anybody approaches this amp with intent to smash is going to get shot where they stand.

« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2021, 01:23:27 PM »

Picked up a 6 stick sampler of Blackbird Cigars on a flier.  Let's see what they got.  Starting with The Rook.

« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2021, 01:28:52 PM »

Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
I can almost hear it through the photo. Looks amazing.
It's loud enough that you probably can, all the way to Jersey.  It's a glorious sound, but at 85 watts, dialed into its "sweet spot" at about 5 on the volume dial, it's brutally loud.
Sounds like you missed a golden opportunity.

It's funny...Back in the 80's and 90's, everything was minimum 50 watts, and mostly 100 watts. Anything under 50 watts was considered a "practice amp."  Not suitable for gigging.  Not "loud" enough.  Giggle.  Musicians are really bad at both math and electronics.  To increase output volume 1 decibel requires doubling the power.  So a 100 watt amp is 1db louder than a 50 watt amp, which is ~0.5 db louder than a 22-watt Fender Deluxe Reverb.  A Deluxe Reverb will deafen you as quickly as a 100-watt Marshall stack.

And because of the comparative efficiency of the Twin Reverb compared to the Marshall, my Twin will keep up with Nigel Tufnel's "11" just fine, thanks.

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2021, 01:33:05 PM »

Womens 3 x 3 basketball, USA v China.  I swear two of those Chinese look like guys....

« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2021, 01:57:41 PM »

Softball last night with another walkoff extra inning win over Japan.
Play Japan again on Tuesday for the gold.
I saw the highlights. Nice come back from behind.

« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2021, 02:10:31 PM »

On to a second...Finch, also a sumatra.

« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2021, 02:11:44 PM »

On to a second...Finch, also a sumatra.
Wow, look at you plowing through them.

« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2021, 02:15:58 PM »

Womens 3 x 3 basketball, USA v China.  I swear two of those Chinese look like guys....
Don't ask for proof, you might not like what you find.

« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2021, 02:16:16 PM »

[...]

But how are you fixed for airport cucumbers?

« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2021, 02:16:29 PM »

That's enough Monday for me, hazzuh!

« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2021, 02:36:13 PM »

[...]

I went right to the Armadillo.  I mean, why fuck around?
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7