CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 26, 2021, 12:03:47 AM

Title: 7/26/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on July 26, 2021, 12:03:47 AM
Happy Monday! Any cigar deals on the various internet sites? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something about cigars along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 05:32:46 AM
Happy(ish) Monday, all.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 05:56:33 AM
No more jam Monday!
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 06:02:50 AM
No more jam Monday!
CI spent its load over the weekend, it seems.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 06:37:25 AM
No more jam Monday!
CI spent its load over the weekend, it seems.
It was interesting enough. I suspect maybe they'll have another on Wednesday.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 06:37:47 AM
How was your weekend, LTG?
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 06:39:16 AM
JoeCigar:

Man O' War Robusto (5.5"x50) - 10 / $39.99
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 06:40:12 AM
How was your weekend, LTG?
Not too bad, though, didn't get out golfing Saturday morning like I'd hoped, because the 7% chance of rain turned into reality. How's about you?
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 06:44:15 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - 5 Vegas Nicaragua Gordo
(6.0"x60) - 5 / $22.50

Door #2 - Camacho Scorpion Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50) -10 / $39.99

Door #3 - Man O' War Side Projects Legion (Gordo Extra   6.5"x66) -10 / $49.99
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 06:49:03 AM
How was your weekend, LTG?
Not too bad, though, didn't get out golfing Saturday morning like I'd hoped, because the 7% chance of rain turned into reality. How's about you?
I didn't golf either but I had a very nice weekend. Got some things done around the house but also some quality time with the family. I think the drive-in was the highlight. We saw Ocean's 8 again. The kids get a kick out of watching their uncle on the big screen with him sitting next to them. I can't believe the residuals he sees from that small part.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 06:59:22 AM
How was your weekend, LTG?
Not too bad, though, didn't get out golfing Saturday morning like I'd hoped, because the 7% chance of rain turned into reality. How's about you?
I didn't golf either but I had a very nice weekend. Got some things done around the house but also some quality time with the family. I think the drive-in was the highlight. We saw Ocean's 8 again. The kids get a kick out of watching their uncle on the big screen with him sitting next to them. I can't believe the residuals he sees from that small part.
Yeah, I'll bet that's a trip for them. And a nice little check every now and then is a bonus for him, as well.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 07:01:39 AM
Did the iron fitting on Friday. Didn't end up going with any of the clubs Golf Galaxy was offering, because I didn't like the way they felt. But I'd previously gotten a couple of Ben Hogan clubs to try through their trial program, and I hit them at the range like nothing I've ever hit before. So that's the ones I ended up going with. Ordered an iron set from them, and though I wasn't expecting to, also got a new hybrid, cause I hit that thing like a rocket at the range. So I put in my custom order yesterday, so now it's just a matter of waiting for them to be built and shipped.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 07:11:24 AM
Did the iron fitting on Friday. Didn't end up going with any of the clubs Golf Galaxy was offering, because I didn't like the way they felt. But I'd previously gotten a couple of Ben Hogan clubs to try through their trial program, and I hit them at the range like nothing I've ever hit before. So that's the ones I ended up going with. Ordered an iron set from them, and though I wasn't expecting to, also got a new hybrid, cause I hit that thing like a rocket at the range. So I put in my custom order yesterday, so now it's just a matter of waiting for them to be built and shipped.
So what all is being replaced? Only clubs I've ever bought were from a garage sale for $15. They included 3 woods, 8 irons, a pitching wedge, and a putter. Eventually, I replaced the putter with a Ping my brother gave me.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 07:27:42 AM
Did the iron fitting on Friday. Didn't end up going with any of the clubs Golf Galaxy was offering, because I didn't like the way they felt. But I'd previously gotten a couple of Ben Hogan clubs to try through their trial program, and I hit them at the range like nothing I've ever hit before. So that's the ones I ended up going with. Ordered an iron set from them, and though I wasn't expecting to, also got a new hybrid, cause I hit that thing like a rocket at the range. So I put in my custom order yesterday, so now it's just a matter of waiting for them to be built and shipped.
So what all is being replaced? Only clubs I've ever bought were from a garage sale for $15. They included 3 woods, 8 irons, a pitching wedge, and a putter. Eventually, I replaced the putter with a Ping my brother gave me.
I'm replacing my 4-hybrid and my irons, which are 5-PW. Same driver, 4-wood and wedges. Already got a new putter earlier this summer.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 08:30:26 AM
I should really find my clubs... And then throw them out. I'm sure that golf bag has been a home for many generations of squirrels.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 08:50:08 AM
I should really find my clubs... And then throw them out. I'm sure that golf bag has been a home for many generations of squirrels.
LALTS
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 08:54:31 AM
And with that, we've made it to Page 2. Not too shabby.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 08:58:30 AM
And with that, we've made it to Page 2. Not too shabby.
Dave will be so proud of us.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 09:03:00 AM
And with that, we've made it to Page 2. Not too shabby.
Dave will be so proud of us.
Ok, maybe not proud, but at least less disappointed?
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 09:20:26 AM
And with that, we've made it to Page 2. Not too shabby.
I am duly impressed.  Good work gentlemen.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 09:20:58 AM
And good Monday morning Dave and Tony.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 09:21:40 AM
And with that, we've made it to Page 2. Not too shabby.
Dave will be so proud of us.
Indeed I am!
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 09:24:33 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - 5 Vegas Nicaragua Gordo
(6.0"x60) - 5 / $22.50

Door #2 - Camacho Scorpion Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50) -10 / $39.99

Door #3 - Man O' War Side Projects Legion (Gordo Extra   6.5"x66) -10 / $49.99
Super jumbo MOW...no interest in trying that one.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 09:24:50 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - 5 Vegas Nicaragua Gordo
(6.0"x60) - 5 / $22.50

Door #2 - Camacho Scorpion Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50) -10 / $39.99

Door #3 - Man O' War Side Projects Legion (Gordo Extra   6.5"x66) -10 / $49.99
Super jumbo MOW...no interest in trying that one.
TNWSS
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 09:27:55 AM
Today is Monday, July 26, the 207th day of 2021.
There are 158 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On July 26, 1775, the Continental Congress established a Post Office and appointed Benjamin Franklin its Postmaster-General.

On this date:

In 1788, New York became the 11th state to ratify the U.S. Constitution.

In 1847, the western African country of Liberia, founded by freed American slaves, declared its independence.

In 1908, U.S. Attorney General Charles J. Bonaparte ordered creation of a force of special agents that was a forerunner of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

In 1945, the Potsdam Declaration warned Imperial Japan to unconditionally surrender, or face “prompt and utter destruction.” Winston Churchill resigned as Britain’s prime minister after his Conservatives were soundly defeated by the Labour Party; Clement Attlee succeeded him.

In 1953, Fidel Castro began his revolt against Fulgencio Batista (fool-HEN’-see-oh bah-TEES’-tah) with an unsuccessful attack on an army barracks in eastern Cuba. (Castro ousted Batista in 1959.)

In 1956, the Italian liner Andrea Doria sank off New England, some 11 hours after colliding with the Swedish liner Stockholm; at least 51 people died, from both vessels.

In 1990, President George H.W. Bush signed the Americans with Disabilities Act.

In 2002, the Republican-led House voted, 295-132, to create an enormous Homeland Security Department in the biggest government reorganization in decades.

In 2006, in a dramatic turnaround from her first murder trial, Andrea Yates was found not guilty by reason of insanity by a Houston jury in the bathtub drownings of her five children; she was committed to a state mental hospital.

In 2013, Ariel Castro, the man who’d imprisoned three women in his Cleveland home, subjecting them to a decade of rapes and beatings, pleaded guilty to 937 counts in a deal to avoid the death penalty. (Castro later committed suicide in prison.)

In 2016, Hillary Clinton became the first woman to be nominated for president by a major political party at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.

In 2017, President Donald Trump announced on Twitter that he would not “accept or allow” transgender people to serve in the U.S. military. (After a legal battle, the Defense Department approved a new policy requiring most individuals to serve in their birth gender.)
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 09:28:52 AM
Ten years ago: The White House threatened to veto emergency House legislation that aimed to avert a threatened national default. Democratic Rep. David Wu of Oregon announced he would resign amid the political fallout from an 18-year-old woman’s allegations of an unwanted sexual encounter with him, charges that Wu denied.

Five years ago: A former employee stabbed 19 disabled people to death and injured two dozen others at a residential care facility in Japan. (Satoshi Uematsu, who said he was trying to help the world by killing people he thought were burdens, was sentenced to death.)

One year ago: A processional with the casket of the late U.S. Rep. John Lewis crossed the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Alabama, where Lewis and other civil rights marchers were beaten 55 years earlier. Authorities declared a riot in Portland, Oregon, after protesters breached a fence surrounding the city’s federal courthouse; thousands had gathered for another night of protests over the killing of George Floyd and the presence of federal agents. Florida surpassed New York as the state with the second-most confirmed coronavirus cases in the U.S., behind only California. A day after roaring ashore as a hurricane, Hanna lashed the Texas Gulf Coast with high winds and drenching rains. Oscar winner Olivia de Havilland, best known as the kindly Melanie in “Gone With the Wind,” died at her home in Paris at the age of 104.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 09:31:31 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Robert Colbert is 90.
Actor-singer Darlene Love is 80.
Singer Brenton Wood is 80.
Rock star Mick Jagger is 78.
Movie director Peter Hyams is 78.
Actor Helen Mirren is 76.
Rock musician Roger Taylor (Queen) is 72.
Actor Susan George is 71.
Olympic gold medal figure skater Dorothy Hamill is 65.
Actor Nana Visitor is 64.
Actor Kevin Spacey is 62.
Rock singer Gary Cherone is 60.
Actor Sandra Bullock is 57.
Actor-comedian Danny Woodburn is 57.
Rock singer Jim Lindberg (Pennywise) is 56.
Actor Jeremy Piven is 56.
Rapper-reggae singer Wayne Wonder is 55.
Actor Jason Statham (STAY’-thum) is 54.
Actor Cress Williams is 51.
TV host Chris Harrison is 50.
Actor Kate Beckinsale is 48.
Actor Gary Owen is 48.
Rock musician Dan Konopka (OK Go) is 47.
Gospel/Contemporary Christian singer Rebecca St. James is 44.
Actor Eve Myles is 43.
Actor Juliet Rylance is 42.
Actor Monica Raymund is 35.
Actor Caitlin Gerard is 33.
Actor Francia Raisa is 33.
Actor Bianca Santos is 31.
Actor-singer Taylor Momsen is 28.
Actor Elizabeth Gillies is 28.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 09:31:40 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - 5 Vegas Nicaragua Gordo
(6.0"x60) - 5 / $22.50

Door #2 - Camacho Scorpion Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50) -10 / $39.99

Door #3 - Man O' War Side Projects Legion (Gordo Extra   6.5"x66) -10 / $49.99
Super jumbo MOW...no interest in trying that one.
I didn't even notice the size originally, cause it looks like the robusto in the picture. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 09:33:12 AM
[...]

Happy 78th Mick!
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 09:39:42 AM
And with that, we've made it to Page 2. Not too shabby.
Dave will be so proud of us.
Ok, maybe not proud, but at least less disappointed?
That sounds more accurate.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 09:41:25 AM
And good Monday morning Dave and Tony.
Good morning, Contented Dave.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 09:49:45 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - 5 Vegas Nicaragua Gordo
(6.0"x60) - 5 / $22.50

Door #2 - Camacho Scorpion Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50) -10 / $39.99

Door #3 - Man O' War Side Projects Legion (Gordo Extra   6.5"x66) -10 / $49.99
Super jumbo MOW...no interest in trying that one.
I didn't even notice the size originally, cause it looks like the robusto in the picture. Sheesh.
I edited my post. Originally I thought it was the same as JoeCigar's offering but $10 more.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 10:06:04 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - 5 Vegas Nicaragua Gordo
(6.0"x60) - 5 / $22.50

Door #2 - Camacho Scorpion Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50) -10 / $39.99

Door #3 - Man O' War Side Projects Legion (Gordo Extra   6.5"x66) -10 / $49.99
Super jumbo MOW...no interest in trying that one.
I didn't even notice the size originally, cause it looks like the robusto in the picture. Sheesh.
I edited my post. Originally I thought it was the same as JoeCigar's offering but $10 more.
Same with the 5V's, I wouldn't have pegged those at a large size, either. All 3 pics look like robustos. Didn't have any interest in the lot of them, so I didn't bother looking further. Though, I do have a bunch of the Scorpions, and those are tasty.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 10:18:55 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - 5 Vegas Nicaragua Gordo
(6.0"x60) - 5 / $22.50

Door #2 - Camacho Scorpion Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50) -10 / $39.99

Door #3 - Man O' War Side Projects Legion (Gordo Extra   6.5"x66) -10 / $49.99
Super jumbo MOW...no interest in trying that one.
I didn't even notice the size originally, cause it looks like the robusto in the picture. Sheesh.
I edited my post. Originally I thought it was the same as JoeCigar's offering but $10 more.
Same with the 5V's, I wouldn't have pegged those at a large size, either. All 3 pics look like robustos. Didn't have any interest in the lot of them, so I didn't bother looking further. Though, I do have a bunch of the Scorpions, and those are tasty.
Interesting. Now I kinda want to try the Scorpions. I wonder if they'll rock me like a hurricane.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 10:26:55 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - 5 Vegas Nicaragua Gordo
(6.0"x60) - 5 / $22.50

Door #2 - Camacho Scorpion Sun Grown Robusto (5.0"x50) -10 / $39.99

Door #3 - Man O' War Side Projects Legion (Gordo Extra   6.5"x66) -10 / $49.99
Super jumbo MOW...no interest in trying that one.
I didn't even notice the size originally, cause it looks like the robusto in the picture. Sheesh.
I edited my post. Originally I thought it was the same as JoeCigar's offering but $10 more.
Same with the 5V's, I wouldn't have pegged those at a large size, either. All 3 pics look like robustos. Didn't have any interest in the lot of them, so I didn't bother looking further. Though, I do have a bunch of the Scorpions, and those are tasty.
Interesting. Now I kinda want to try the Scorpions. I wonder if they'll rock me like a hurricane.
♫ Here they are, waiting behind door #2 ♫
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 10:27:30 AM
[...]

9 today, including Mick.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 10:34:28 AM
[...]

I'm usually pretty good with the 40 and under crowd, but I don't recognize any of those names today.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 10:39:20 AM
[...]

Surprised Spacey is still on the list. I guess he's still alive even though his career is dead.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 10:40:43 AM
Have I mentioned how crazy this Olympic handball game is?
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 10:51:05 AM
Have I mentioned how crazy this Olympic handball game is?
Pass the ball around the semi-circle, then someone throws themselves at a defender and tries to wing the ball in the goal. Interesting to watch, for sure.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 10:51:37 AM
[...]

Don't try to cancel Keyser Soze!
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 26, 2021, 10:53:12 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 11:00:51 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Good morning, Bret.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 11:06:14 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Morning, SenorRaz.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 11:33:31 AM
I happen to have the Brasil vs Argentina men's volleyball game on in the background while I'm working. I looked over to see what's going on and noticed this particular Argentinian has quite an unfortunate name.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/ef8792decaee0b55e59028f8191e9e25.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 11:43:39 AM
I happen to have the Brasil vs Argentina men's volleyball game on in the background while I'm working. I looked over to see what's going on and noticed this particular Argentinian has quite an unfortunate name.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/ef8792decaee0b55e59028f8191e9e25.jpg)
CNS, oof.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 11:48:16 AM
[...]

Nope, none in that group, but 15 in the over 40 ranks.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 11:52:56 AM
I happen to have the Brasil vs Argentina men's volleyball game on in the background while I'm working. I looked over to see what's going on and noticed this particular Argentinian has quite an unfortunate name.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/ef8792decaee0b55e59028f8191e9e25.jpg)
CNS, oof.
Like the Mexican bread company that sponsors a number of sports teams.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 11:53:52 AM
Morning Razmeister.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 12:00:21 PM
I happen to have the Brasil vs Argentina men's volleyball game on in the background while I'm working. I looked over to see what's going on and noticed this particular Argentinian has quite an unfortunate name.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/ef8792decaee0b55e59028f8191e9e25.jpg)
CNS, oof.
Like the Mexican bread company that sponsors a number of sports teams.
Might be my new favorite bread!
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 26, 2021, 12:17:50 PM
Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 12:19:28 PM
I happen to have the Brasil vs Argentina men's volleyball game on in the background while I'm working. I looked over to see what's going on and noticed this particular Argentinian has quite an unfortunate name.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/ef8792decaee0b55e59028f8191e9e25.jpg)
CNS, oof.
Self fulfilling prophecy? Argentina was up two sets to none and wound up losing to the reigning champs.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 12:21:29 PM
I happen to have the Brasil vs Argentina men's volleyball game on in the background while I'm working. I looked over to see what's going on and noticed this particular Argentinian has quite an unfortunate name.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/ef8792decaee0b55e59028f8191e9e25.jpg)
CNS, oof.
Like the Mexican bread company that sponsors a number of sports teams.
Might be my new favorite bread!
Not sure if it's the yeast they use but things are rising.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 12:22:40 PM
I happen to have the Brasil vs Argentina men's volleyball game on in the background while I'm working. I looked over to see what's going on and noticed this particular Argentinian has quite an unfortunate name.

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/ef8792decaee0b55e59028f8191e9e25.jpg)
CNS, oof.
Like the Mexican bread company that sponsors a number of sports teams.
Might be my new favorite bread!
They've bought Hostess and Wonder. Don't underestimate the Bimbo.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 12:23:42 PM
Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
I can almost hear it through the photo. Looks amazing.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 12:28:18 PM
Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
So try not to smash this one at the end of a set...
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 12:33:11 PM
Men's and womens skeet gold medals to US.
Don't mess with that lady and her shotgun!
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 12:34:54 PM
Men's and womens skeet gold medals to US.
Don't mess with that lady and her shotgun!
Currently jumping between badminton and table tennis while making lunch.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 12:41:51 PM
Men's and womens skeet gold medals to US.
Don't mess with that lady and her shotgun!
Vincent Handcock hit 59 of 60 targets.
Amber English only hit 56 of 60.  :P

Both are Olympic records.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 12:42:43 PM
Softball last night with another walkoff extra inning win over Japan.
Play Japan again on Tuesday for the gold.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 12:44:35 PM
Summary of gold medal performances in case you missed them...or want to see them again.

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/tokyo-summer-olympics/watch-team-usas-gold-medal-performances/3174325/?amp
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 26, 2021, 12:51:48 PM
Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
I can almost hear it through the photo. Looks amazing.
It's loud enough that you probably can, all the way to Jersey.  It's a glorious sound, but at 85 watts, dialed into its "sweet spot" at about 5 on the volume dial, it's brutally loud.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 12:58:29 PM
In the meantime, tropical storm Nepartak heading toward Japan.  Surfing competition is getting some impressive waves.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 01:05:03 PM
Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
I can almost hear it through the photo. Looks amazing.
It's loud enough that you probably can, all the way to Jersey.  It's a glorious sound, but at 85 watts, dialed into its "sweet spot" at about 5 on the volume dial, it's brutally loud.
Sounds like you missed a golden opportunity.

(https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/605ea4eb5a2b921a690bd1d9/1621105587165-ADCIBVH8BIMHY4Y5WSTG/volume-knob-goes-to-11.gif)
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 26, 2021, 01:13:12 PM
Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
So try not to smash this one at the end of a set...
Don't even get me started.  I despise that shit, and musicians that do it are NOT artistic, they are fuckheads.  And yes, I mean Pete Townshend.  But Pete realizes he was a fuckhead in the 60's.

All told, including purchase price, I'm into this amp $2500.  That sounds like a lot, and it is.  But...the amp sold new in 1965 for $479.50.  Adjusted for inflation, that's over $4K in today's dollars.  Unmolested examples from 1965 - which this is not because the original speaker, baffle board, and back panel are missing - now sell for $3500-$6000 or more, depending on condition.  So I'm in solid value for money territory.

But $2500 is still a lot of money.  Anybody approaches this amp with intent to smash is going to get shot where they stand.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 01:23:27 PM
Picked up a 6 stick sampler of Blackbird Cigars on a flier.  Let's see what they got.  Starting with The Rook.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 26, 2021, 01:28:52 PM
Morning Razmeister.
Morning, Tony and Daves.

Got my 1965 Fender Twin Reverb amp back from the tech on Saturday.  It sounds utterly amazing now.
I can almost hear it through the photo. Looks amazing.
It's loud enough that you probably can, all the way to Jersey.  It's a glorious sound, but at 85 watts, dialed into its "sweet spot" at about 5 on the volume dial, it's brutally loud.
Sounds like you missed a golden opportunity.

(https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/605ea4eb5a2b921a690bd1d9/1621105587165-ADCIBVH8BIMHY4Y5WSTG/volume-knob-goes-to-11.gif)
It's funny...Back in the 80's and 90's, everything was minimum 50 watts, and mostly 100 watts. Anything under 50 watts was considered a "practice amp."  Not suitable for gigging.  Not "loud" enough.  Giggle.  Musicians are really bad at both math and electronics.  To increase output volume 1 decibel requires doubling the power.  So a 100 watt amp is 1db louder than a 50 watt amp, which is ~0.5 db louder than a 22-watt Fender Deluxe Reverb.  A Deluxe Reverb will deafen you as quickly as a 100-watt Marshall stack.

And because of the comparative efficiency of the Twin Reverb compared to the Marshall, my Twin will keep up with Nigel Tufnel's "11" just fine, thanks.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 01:33:05 PM
Womens 3 x 3 basketball, USA v China.  I swear two of those Chinese look like guys....
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 01:57:41 PM
Softball last night with another walkoff extra inning win over Japan.
Play Japan again on Tuesday for the gold.
I saw the highlights. Nice come back from behind.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 02:10:31 PM
On to a second...Finch, also a sumatra.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 02:11:44 PM
On to a second...Finch, also a sumatra.
Wow, look at you plowing through them.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 02:15:58 PM
Womens 3 x 3 basketball, USA v China.  I swear two of those Chinese look like guys....
Don't ask for proof, you might not like what you find.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 02:16:16 PM
[...]

But how are you fixed for airport cucumbers?
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 02:16:29 PM
That's enough Monday for me, hazzuh!
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 26, 2021, 02:36:13 PM
[...]

I went right to the Armadillo.  I mean, why fuck around?
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 02:37:29 PM
That's enough Monday for me, hazzuh!
I've had enough too but unfortunately I'm not done yet.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 04:03:23 PM
On to a second...Finch, also a sumatra.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 04:04:38 PM
On to #3, Jackdaw.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 04:05:37 PM
Jackman. Decent, nothing that stands out.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 26, 2021, 05:09:35 PM
I wasn't going to smoke today but this 12 hour day is killing me. I guess I kind of knew I was going to. I could have left it home.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/d75343c72e97206c880d59c77c58a88a.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 05:24:51 PM
I wasn't going to smoke today but this 12 hour day is killing me. I guess I kind of knew I was going to. I could have left it home.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/d75343c72e97206c880d59c77c58a88a.jpg)
ClemsonDave is on his third. I'm feeling inadequate.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 26, 2021, 06:48:04 PM
I wasn't going to smoke today but this 12 hour day is killing me. I guess I kind of knew I was going to. I could have left it home.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/d75343c72e97206c880d59c77c58a88a.jpg)
ClemsonDave is on his third. I'm feeling inadequate.
At least it's someone other than your wife making you feel like that, amiright?
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 07:42:14 PM
I wasn't going to smoke today but this 12 hour day is killing me. I guess I kind of knew I was going to. I could have left it home.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/d75343c72e97206c880d59c77c58a88a.jpg)
ClemsonDave is on his third. I'm feeling inadequate.
At least it's someone other than your wife making you feel like that, amiright?
That ship sailed a long time ago.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 07:51:11 PM
I've got steak, mushrooms, and turkey sliders on the grill. Who's hungry?
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 26, 2021, 07:56:40 PM
I've got steak, mushrooms, and turkey sliders on the grill. Who's hungry?
Damn.  I am.  But the airlines can't get me there until tomorrow.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 26, 2021, 08:08:06 PM
I wasn't going to smoke today but this 12 hour day is killing me. I guess I kind of knew I was going to. I could have left it home.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/d75343c72e97206c880d59c77c58a88a.jpg)
ClemsonDave is on his third. I'm feeling inadequate.
At least it's someone other than your wife making you feel like that, amiright?
I love my job it's the politics killing me. I guess I care to much.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 08:08:13 PM
I've got steak, mushrooms, and turkey sliders on the grill. Who's hungry?
Damn.  I am.  But the airlines can't get me there until tomorrow.
I'm sure I'll have leftovers.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 26, 2021, 08:11:21 PM
Jackman. Decent, nothing that stands out.
That's how I would describe Alec Bradley cigars.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 26, 2021, 08:14:03 PM
I wasn't going to smoke today but this 12 hour day is killing me. I guess I kind of knew I was going to. I could have left it home.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/d75343c72e97206c880d59c77c58a88a.jpg)
ClemsonDave is on his third. I'm feeling inadequate.
At least it's someone other than your wife making you feel like that, amiright?
I'm coming up on 20 years of marriage. She's a great better half.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 26, 2021, 08:15:09 PM
I need more MOWPA's(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/77f5e3079cb76d257353941331c2cfba.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 26, 2021, 08:16:20 PM
I rolled right through 6k. Who would've thought?
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 08:22:45 PM
I rolled right through 6k. Who would've thought?
Worthy of a celebration.  Congrats! Have a cigar!
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 08:23:58 PM
I've got steak, mushrooms, and turkey sliders on the grill. Who's hungry?
I thought you had postponed dinner from yesterday?
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 08:29:08 PM
I need more MOWPA's(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/77f5e3079cb76d257353941331c2cfba.jpg)
I'd say your best bet is here:

https://www.cigarbid.com/shop/?q=Man+O%27+War+Puro+Authentico+Corona+-+Box+of+10

And I've seen this freefall down below $30/10

https://www.cigarbid.com/a/man-o-war-puro-authentico-corona/3990156/
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 08:30:31 PM
Into the evening.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 26, 2021, 08:31:29 PM
I wasn't going to smoke today but this 12 hour day is killing me. I guess I kind of knew I was going to. I could have left it home.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210726/d75343c72e97206c880d59c77c58a88a.jpg)
ClemsonDave is on his third. I'm feeling inadequate.
At least it's someone other than your wife making you feel like that, amiright?
I'm coming up on 20 years of marriage. She's a great better half.
Even more to celebrate!
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 26, 2021, 08:44:04 PM
Into the evening.
I need to try that cigar.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 26, 2021, 08:44:37 PM
I need more MOWPA's(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210727/77f5e3079cb76d257353941331c2cfba.jpg)
I'd say your best bet is here:

https://www.cigarbid.com/shop/?q=Man+O%27+War+Puro+Authentico+Corona+-+Box+of+10

And I've seen this freefall down below $30/10

https://www.cigarbid.com/a/man-o-war-puro-authentico-corona/3990156/
Thanks Dave. I will check this out tomorrow.
Title: Re: 7/26/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 26, 2021, 09:02:57 PM
I've got steak, mushrooms, and turkey sliders on the grill. Who's hungry?
I thought you had postponed dinner from yesterday?
The steak was from yesterday. Decided to use the black beans later in the week.