CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26

Author Topic: 1/11/2016  (Read 37174 times)

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Why, I'd be delighted to put my needs last again!
Re: 1/11/2016
« Reply #345 on: January 11, 2016, 05:07:54 PM »

Time to eat... bbl.
Meat and taters!

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #346 on: January 11, 2016, 05:08:50 PM »

I went to Best Buy the other day to buy a new DVD player.  I went into the tv department where I was approached by a young salesman.  He asked me if he could help me and I replied, "I would like to buy a new DVD player."  He said, "What...?"  Again I said, "I would like to buy a new DVD player."  He looked at me and shook his head and said, "I'm sorry, but I don't know what you are talking about..?"  I said, "I think I'm saying it right, it's a DVD player.  You put little DVD movies into it, and you can watch movies on your tv.."  He said, "Oh....., you want a Blue Ray Player...!" 

It's really starting to get weird.  The older I get the faster my words are become obsolete, and causing me a big communications problem.

I think the next time this happens to me, I'm going to say, "Aaaaaa, the new word for DVD player is Blue Ray.  What do they call Pussy..?"

That's weird. As far as I know, they're still called DVDs. Blu-ray is a bit different. I suspect your salesperson was a dick.
Me too.   I asked for a simple straight forward small sized DVD Player for Christmas to watch my old b&w tv show dvd's on and Warden picked me up a sony one somewhere but it was just wha ti needed.  Play, FF, Back-Up and stop with a simple remote, hdmi slot and only an inch or so thick and about a foot wide at most.
I got a Sony too (BDP-S6500) for $99.99.  Since I've still not purchased a new tv as I said I was going to do last year at this time, I made sure it had all the features.  Wi-Fi wireless streaming, 4k upgrading, and 3D.  I think it will convert a 2D to a 3D..?  I hooked it up to Netflix on the tv in the bedroom (HD), and it was very impressive.  Now I'm going to have to watch that program on Netflix that everyone has been pissed off about, "Making a Murder."  As for as the new tv, that's an unknown.
Mine is a Sony, cost $29 at Walmart she said, has no bells and whistles and does everything I need which is play my shows when I push the button..  I got some kind of fancy smancy blu ray on another tv that I can't even figure out how to turn on and off.  Warden and the boy use to use it but chit she can barely turn the tv on and off so it just sits collects dust.
You don't turn blu-ray on or off.  It's the reader internal to the device that when you use a blu-ray DVD it gives you greater clarity in your picture.  (Blue laser vs red).  You might mean Bluetooth?
I think he meant on and off as in cycling the power.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #347 on: January 11, 2016, 05:21:05 PM »

Afternoon Raz.

Travellin Dave

• Fanatical Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Resolutions intact
    • My Top Cigars of 2021
« Reply #348 on: January 11, 2016, 05:21:44 PM »

I went to Best Buy the other day to buy a new DVD player.  I went into the tv department where I was approached by a young salesman.  He asked me if he could help me and I replied, "I would like to buy a new DVD player."  He said, "What...?"  Again I said, "I would like to buy a new DVD player."  He looked at me and shook his head and said, "I'm sorry, but I don't know what you are talking about..?"  I said, "I think I'm saying it right, it's a DVD player.  You put little DVD movies into it, and you can watch movies on your tv.."  He said, "Oh....., you want a Blue Ray Player...!" 

It's really starting to get weird.  The older I get the faster my words are become obsolete, and causing me a big communications problem.

I think the next time this happens to me, I'm going to say, "Aaaaaa, the new word for DVD player is Blue Ray.  What do they call Pussy..?"

That's weird. As far as I know, they're still called DVDs. Blu-ray is a bit different. I suspect your salesperson was a dick.
Me too.   I asked for a simple straight forward small sized DVD Player for Christmas to watch my old b&w tv show dvd's on and Warden picked me up a sony one somewhere but it was just wha ti needed.  Play, FF, Back-Up and stop with a simple remote, hdmi slot and only an inch or so thick and about a foot wide at most.
I got a Sony too (BDP-S6500) for $99.99.  Since I've still not purchased a new tv as I said I was going to do last year at this time, I made sure it had all the features.  Wi-Fi wireless streaming, 4k upgrading, and 3D.  I think it will convert a 2D to a 3D..?  I hooked it up to Netflix on the tv in the bedroom (HD), and it was very impressive.  Now I'm going to have to watch that program on Netflix that everyone has been pissed off about, "Making a Murder."  As for as the new tv, that's an unknown.
Mine is a Sony, cost $29 at Walmart she said, has no bells and whistles and does everything I need which is play my shows when I push the button..  I got some kind of fancy smancy blu ray on another tv that I can't even figure out how to turn on and off.  Warden and the boy use to use it but chit she can barely turn the tv on and off so it just sits collects dust.
You don't turn blu-ray on or off.  It's the reader internal to the device that when you use a blu-ray DVD it gives you greater clarity in your picture.  (Blue laser vs red).  You might mean Bluetooth?
Then we have bigger problems!   ;)

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #349 on: January 11, 2016, 05:31:51 PM »

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #350 on: January 11, 2016, 05:33:02 PM »

...but we knew that.

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
« Reply #351 on: January 11, 2016, 05:50:28 PM »

Correct

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #352 on: January 11, 2016, 05:51:17 PM »

Unplugged it a while back, no problem at all.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #353 on: January 11, 2016, 05:52:25 PM »

...but we knew that.
True but they are not related to DVD's or on/off

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #354 on: January 11, 2016, 05:52:52 PM »

Afternoon Football Fans

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #355 on: January 11, 2016, 05:53:22 PM »

$1.4 Billion Jackpot Now!!!! 

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #356 on: January 11, 2016, 05:55:56 PM »

Apparently in Spain the lottery is up to €2.4B.

cigarbreath

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
« Reply #357 on: January 11, 2016, 05:57:02 PM »

Money, Money, Money, Money, Money!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #358 on: January 11, 2016, 06:00:04 PM »

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #359 on: January 11, 2016, 06:00:58 PM »

Apparently in Spain the lottery is up to €2.4B.
:oWhere do we buy tickets :)
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26