CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: 3/6/2023  (Read 1584 times)

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
Re: 3/6/2023
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2023, 06:28:44 AM »

Good morning, banterers.
Morning, Tony. Middle kid up and out, on her way to DC. Woke up to make sure she and the wife were up, then went back to bed. Or, at least tried to. Fell asleep eventually, once they were gone and the house was quiet again. Lol
She's going to have a great time. The tradition in our town is that the 7th graders go on a weekend camping trip. My boys are scheduled to do that in mid-May. Then in 8th grade, they do the DC trip. That is, if the previous class doesn't fuck that up on them.

They almost weren't going camping this year because of that same class.
Oof, fingers crossed then.

I pulled out our small suitcase for her to take, which we don't usually need to use when we go somewhere, cause we use the bigger two. In fact, in the front pocket, I found an old wallet with my CF 2012 ticket and event schedule/map.
That's awesome. More than a decade ago. Did it still smell like cigars?
Lol, now THAT would've been something. But alas, it did not.
I brought a closed bag of tortilla chips to Brad's place the last time I was there. We never used them and he insisted that I take them back home with me. When my kids opened it they smelled of cigars. Tasted just fine but there was no mistaking the aroma coming out of the bag.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2023, 06:29:58 AM »

Page 2 before 6:30 am. ClemsonDave will be content.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2023, 06:38:27 AM »

Good morning, banterers.
Morning, Tony. Middle kid up and out, on her way to DC. Woke up to make sure she and the wife were up, then went back to bed. Or, at least tried to. Fell asleep eventually, once they were gone and the house was quiet again. Lol
She's going to have a great time. The tradition in our town is that the 7th graders go on a weekend camping trip. My boys are scheduled to do that in mid-May. Then in 8th grade, they do the DC trip. That is, if the previous class doesn't fuck that up on them.

They almost weren't going camping this year because of that same class.
Oof, fingers crossed then.

I pulled out our small suitcase for her to take, which we don't usually need to use when we go somewhere, cause we use the bigger two. In fact, in the front pocket, I found an old wallet with my CF 2012 ticket and event schedule/map.
That's awesome. More than a decade ago. Did it still smell like cigars?
Lol, now THAT would've been something. But alas, it did not.
I brought a closed bag of tortilla chips to Brad's place the last time I was there. We never used them and he insisted that I take them back home with me. When my kids opened it they smelled of cigars. Tasted just fine but there was no mistaking the aroma coming out of the bag.
I'm sure of it. Anything in the area would be permeated by the scent.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2023, 06:38:44 AM »

Page 2 before 6:30 am. ClemsonDave will be content.
He might even give us a couple of gold stickers.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2023, 06:44:01 AM »

I think I'll be remote today. Been working on a spreadsheet since early morning and gotta start getting lunches ready. Figure I'll save some time on personal hygiene and commuting.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2023, 06:50:47 AM »

Not sure I posted about it yesterday but the fam and I wound up at the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx yesterday with some dear friends. Afterwards, we had an early dinner nearby at Antonio's.

Later we picked up my eldest from Penn Station as she has an early Spring Break.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2023, 06:51:26 AM »

I think I'll be remote today. Been working on a spreadsheet since early morning and gotta start getting lunches ready. Figure I'll save some time on personal hygiene and commuting.
At least if they make you commute a couple of times a week, it's nice the have the flexibility to pick and choose when you do.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2023, 06:51:58 AM »

Not sure I posted about it yesterday but the fam and I wound up at the New York Botanical Gardens in the Bronx yesterday with some dear friends. Afterwards, we had an early dinner nearby at Antonio's.

Later we picked up my eldest from Penn Station as she has an early Spring Break.
Sounds like a pretty good day overall.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2023, 06:52:07 AM »

At least if they make you commute a couple of times a week, it's nice the have the flexibility to pick and choose when you do.
Absolutely. No complaints here.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2023, 08:06:27 AM »

It was very nice, indeed. Looks like we'll be going more often too because it was cheaper to get a membership since the family is large. The goal now is to go at least once per quarter. As a member, parking is half price and it might be worth it just for that.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2023, 08:07:21 AM »

If we play our cars right, ClemsonDave might not get here before Page 3.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2023, 08:18:41 AM »

It was very nice, indeed. Looks like we'll be going more often too because it was cheaper to get a membership since the family is large. The goal now is to go at least once per quarter. As a member, parking is half price and it might be worth it just for that.
That'll be a nice outing for you guys. Do they have things that alternate every couple of months?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2023, 08:23:29 AM »

That'll be a nice outing for you guys. Do they have things that alternate every couple of months?
Yes. For example, they have a very renowned Holiday Train Show at the end of the year.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2023, 08:26:17 AM »

I'm starting to see ants and I'm going to take that as a sign that winter is almost over. Now I have to remember where I put those traps.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2023, 08:33:35 AM »

I'm starting to see ants and I'm going to take that as a sign that winter is almost over. Now I have to remember where I put those traps.
Definitely a good sign, even though it's an annoying one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7