CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on January 12, 2017, 12:01:00 AM

Title: 1/12/2017
Post by: CigarBanter on January 12, 2017, 12:01:00 AM
Any deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about?  Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way. Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 05:17:58 AM
Morning Posters and Lurkers!

Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 05:22:00 AM
Morning Posters and Lurkers!
Morning Tex
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 05:22:33 AM
Coffee prices going up :o.   Cafe Bustelo is my Cuban Style Expreso Brand :(

 Your morning cup of coffee may get more expensive.

The owner of big brands like Folgers and Cafe Bustelo will raise prices by an average of six percent.

So if three pounds of coffee typically costs about $15, you will now spend nearly a dollar more.

If you like to buy Dunkin Donuts Coffee at the grocery store, you'll see the same kind of price hike.

Smucker, the company that owns or distributes these brands, says it's raising prices because of an increase in green coffee costs.

Starbucks has also jolted prices several times.

In July, some of its coffee and espresso drinks became 10 to 30 cents more expensive.

And in November, the price of some of its iced beverages went up.

But there is a shot of good news.

K-Cup Pods for the Smucker coffee brands like Folgers will not go up at least not now.

Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 05:23:51 AM
Morning Posters and Lurkers!
Morning Tex
Morning sir
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 05:39:46 AM
68 degrees this morning, high 70's, cloudy and a chance of some rain today.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 05:46:30 AM
Early morning Cigar Deals are pretty sorry, Gurkha at the FU.  No Jam and No Mash.

Sis is the best of the bunch.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 05:52:32 AM
Work Time
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 06:38:47 AM
Good Morning CarolinaDave and CigarBiddingBiebs.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 06:40:30 AM
Morning Daves, EarlyCheckInFish.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 06:40:52 AM
Good Morning CarolinaDave and CigarBiddingBiebs.
CigarBiddingBiebs? Morning Dave
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 06:40:56 AM
Today is Thursday, Jan. 12, the 12th day of 2017. There are 353 days left in the year.

Today's Highlight in History:

On Jan. 12, 1910, at a White House dinner hosted by President William Howard Taft, Baroness Rosen, wife of the Russian ambassador, caused a stir by requesting and smoking a cigarette - it was, apparently, the first time a woman had smoked openly during a public function in the executive mansion. (Some of the other women present who had brought their own cigarettes began lighting up in turn.)

On this date:

In 1773, the first public museum in America was organized in Charleston, South Carolina.

In 1828, the United States and Mexico signed a Treaty of Limits defining the boundary between the two countries to be the same as the one established by an 1819 treaty between the U.S. and Spain.

In 1915, the U.S. House of Representatives rejected, 204-174, a proposed constitutional amendment to give women nationwide the right to vote. The silent film drama "A Fool There Was," which propelled Theda Bara to stardom with her portrayal of a predatory vamp, premiered in New York.

In 1932, Hattie W. Caraway became the first woman elected to the U.S. Senate after initially being appointed to serve out the remainder of the term of her late husband, Thaddeus.

In 1945, during World War II, Soviet forces began a major, successful offensive against the Germans in Eastern Europe. Aircraft from U.S. Task Force 38 sank about 40 Japanese ships off Indochina.

In 1959, Berry Gordy Jr. founded Motown Records (originally Tamla Records) in Detroit.

In 1966, President Lyndon B. Johnson said in his State of the Union address that the U.S. military should stay in Vietnam until Communist aggression there was stopped. The TV series "Batman," starring Adam West and Burt Ward as the Dynamic Duo, premiered on ABC, airing twice a week on consecutive nights.

In 1971, the groundbreaking situation comedy "All in the Family" premiered on CBS television.

In 1976, mystery writer Dame Agatha Christie died in Wallingford, England, at age 85.

In 1986, the shuttle Columbia blasted off with a crew that included the first Hispanic-American in space, Dr. Franklin R. Chang-Diaz.

In 1987, Anglican Church envoy Terry Waite arrived in Lebanon on his latest mission to win the release of Western hostages; however, Waite ended up being taken captive himself, and wasn't released until 1991.

In 1998, Linda Tripp provided Independent Counsel Kenneth Starr's office with taped conversations between herself and former White House intern Monica Lewinsky.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 06:41:31 AM
Ten years ago: Two kidnapped boys, Ben Ownby and Shawn Hornbeck, were found alive in the same suburban St. Louis apartment - four days after Ben vanished and 4 1/2 years after Shawn disappeared. (The boys' abductor, Michael Devlin, is serving multiple life terms for kidnapping and sexual assault.) Durham County, North Carolina, District Attorney Mike Nifong, facing ethics charges, asked to be removed from the Duke lacrosse rape investigation. (State prosecutors later exonerated three suspects; Nifong ended up being disbarred.) Larry Stewart, the anonymous Missouri philanthropist known as "Secret Santa," died at age 58.

Five years ago: Pentagon leaders scrambled to contain damage from an Internet video purporting to show four Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. (The Marine Corps announced in Aug. 2012 that three Marines had received administrative punishments in connection with this incident.) Former South Dakota Gov. Bill Janklow, a Republican who dominated the state's political landscape for more than 25 years, died in Sioux Falls at age 72.

One year ago: In his final State of the Union address, President Barack Obama urged Americans to rekindle their belief in the promise of change that first carried him to the White House, declaring that the country must not allow election-year fear and division to put economic and security progress at risk. Iran detained 10 American sailors and their two small Navy boats after the boats drifted into Iranian waters; the sailors and their vessels were released the following day. The St. Louis Rams' move back to Los Angeles was approved by 30 of 32 NFL owners. Media mogul Rupert Murdoch announced his engagement to ex-supermodel Jerry Hall (they married the following March).
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 06:42:11 AM
Today's Birthdays: Actress Katherine MacGregor (TV: "Little House on the Prairie") is 92. The Amazing Kreskin is 82. Country singer William Lee Golden (The Oak Ridge Boys) is 78. Actor Anthony Andrews is 69. Movie director Wayne Wang is 68. Actress Kirstie Alley is 66. Radio commentator Rush Limbaugh is 66. Legal affairs blogger Ann Althouse is 66. Writer Walter Mosley is 65. Country singer Ricky Van Shelton is 65. Radio-TV personality Howard Stern is 63. Writer-producer-director John Lasseter is 60. Broadcast journalist Christiane Amanpour is 59. Rock musician Charlie Gillingham (Counting Crows) is 57. Actor Oliver Platt is 57. Basketball Hall of Famer Dominique Wilkins is 57. Entrepreneur Jeff Bezos is 53. Rock singer Rob Zombie is 52. Actor Olivier Martinez is 51. Rapper TBird (B-Rock and the Bizz) is 50. Model Vendela is 50. Actress Farrah Forke is 49. Actress Rachael Harris is 49. Rock singer Zack de la Rocha is 47. Rapper Raekwon (Wu Tang Clan) is 47. Singer Dan Haseltine (Jars of Clay) is 44. Rock musician Matt Wong (Reel Big Fish) is 44. Singer Melanie Chisholm (Spice Girls) is 43. Contemporary Christian singer Jeremy Camp is 39. Actress Cynthia Addai-Robinson is 37. Rhythm-and-blues singer Amerie is 37. Actress Issa Rae is 32. Actress Naya Rivera is 30. Actor Will Rothhaar is 30. Actor Andrew Lawrence is 29. Rock singer ZAYN is 24. Pop/soul singer Ella Henderson (TV: "The X Factor") is 21.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 06:42:45 AM
Thought for Today: "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan, U.S. politician and diplomat (1927-2003).
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 07:02:54 AM
Did you tire yourself out?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 07:05:20 AM
Good Morning CarolinaDave and CigarBiddingBiebs.
CigarBiddingBiebs? Morning Dave
You do seem to be the overseer of the bidding site action and inventory.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 07:06:38 AM
Morning SpryDave.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 07:09:06 AM
Need to pick your Maid of Honor wisely...

http://6abc.com/news/maid-of-honor-arrested-at-florida-wedding/1698705/
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 07:10:46 AM
Currently 50, going into the low 60s for today before crashing back into the icebox for the weekend.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 07:12:07 AM
Currently 50, going into the low 60s for today before crashing back into the icebox for the weekend.
We were at 61 when I left for work, already starting to fall.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 07:17:45 AM
Good Morning CarolinaDave and CigarBiddingBiebs.
CigarBiddingBiebs? Morning Dave
You do seem to be the overseer of the bidding site action and inventory.
Ahh, I thought somehow you noticed me bidding on Little Devils last night
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 07:19:59 AM
Good Morning CarolinaDave and CigarBiddingBiebs.
CigarBiddingBiebs? Morning Dave
You do seem to be the overseer of the bidding site action and inventory.
Looks like the Room 101 HN bid has (64) out of (100) accounted for so far, I wonder if they will go past the $59.99 mark, plenty of time to go yet
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 07:25:37 AM
Good Morning CarolinaDave and CigarBiddingBiebs.
CigarBiddingBiebs? Morning Dave
You do seem to be the overseer of the bidding site action and inventory.
Looks like the Room 101 HN bid has (64) out of (100) accounted for so far, I wonder if they will go past the $59.99 mark, plenty of time to go yet
My guess is that it will just go over, maybe for the last 10-15 bidders and be done.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 07:40:51 AM
Morning Daves and stanky.  Feels like springtime outside.  Record highs for the date in the forecast next few days.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 07:42:46 AM
Need to pick your Maid of Honor wisely...

http://6abc.com/news/maid-of-honor-arrested-at-florida-wedding/1698705/
We'll get more detail from Dean when he checks in.  Sounds like an event where he knew someone involved.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 07:57:03 AM
Need to pick your Maid of Honor wisely...

http://6abc.com/news/maid-of-honor-arrested-at-florida-wedding/1698705/
We'll get more detail from Dean when he checks in.  Sounds like an event where he knew someone involved.
If the article had mentioned torching a gazebo, I'd be sure he was involved somehow.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 08:06:35 AM
Good morning, coffee drinkers.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 08:15:57 AM
Good Morning CarolinaDave and CigarBiddingBiebs.
CigarBiddingBiebs? Morning Dave
You do seem to be the overseer of the bidding site action and inventory.
Ahh, I thought somehow you noticed me bidding on Little Devils last night
You calling me a stalker?    ???
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 08:17:47 AM
Need to pick your Maid of Honor wisely...

http://6abc.com/news/maid-of-honor-arrested-at-florida-wedding/1698705/
Sounds like an unforgettable wedding though. Been to a few of those.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2017, 08:18:40 AM
good morning guys. going to be an 80° day!
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 08:19:56 AM
good morning guys. going to be an 80° day!
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
How you feeling today, Deano?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2017, 08:22:06 AM
good morning guys. going to be an 80° day!
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
How you feeling today, Deano?
a bit sore. waiting for the lady to dress my wound. been draining quite a bit.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 08:24:17 AM
Good morning, coffee drinkers.
Morning Mayor T.  More studying today?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2017, 08:26:21 AM
Need to pick your Maid of Honor wisely...

http://6abc.com/news/maid-of-honor-arrested-at-florida-wedding/1698705/
sounds like a typical wedding to me.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 08:27:22 AM
Good morning, coffee drinkers.
Morning Mayor T.  More studying today?
That's absolutely what I should be doing.  I guess I'll play it by ear.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 08:29:27 AM

good morning guys. going to be an 80° day!
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
How you feeling today, Deano?
a bit sore. waiting for the lady to dress my wound. been draining quite a bit.

I'm suddenly not in the mood for breakfast BUT I did ask. Anyway, sounds like you're finally on the mend. After she dresses the wound maybe she'll undress you.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 08:30:58 AM
Need to pick your Maid of Honor wisely...

http://6abc.com/news/maid-of-honor-arrested-at-florida-wedding/1698705/
sounds like a typical wedding to me.
That's kinda what we figured.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 08:37:21 AM
Good Morning CarolinaDave and CigarBiddingBiebs.
CigarBiddingBiebs? Morning Dave
You do seem to be the overseer of the bidding site action and inventory.
Ahh, I thought somehow you noticed me bidding on Little Devils last night
You calling me a stalker?    ???
Not anymore, you had me worried. I actually won (2) 5-packs for $10Ea

Edit: Eff you Bean!!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 08:38:11 AM

good morning guys. going to be an 80° day!
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
How you feeling today, Deano?
a bit sore. waiting for the lady to dress my wound. been draining quite a bit.

I'm suddenly not in the mood for breakfast BUT I did ask. Anyway, sounds like you're finally on the mend. After she dresses the wound maybe she'll undress you.
I may not eat another meal this entire day
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 08:55:55 AM
Draining infection lull?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 08:56:04 AM

good morning guys. going to be an 80° day!
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
How you feeling today, Deano?
a bit sore. waiting for the lady to dress my wound. been draining quite a bit.

I'm suddenly not in the mood for breakfast BUT I did ask. Anyway, sounds like you're finally on the mend. After she dresses the wound maybe she'll undress you.
I may not eat another meal this entire day
(http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/puking_brian.gif)
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 08:58:48 AM
Good Morning CarolinaDave and CigarBiddingBiebs.
CigarBiddingBiebs? Morning Dave
You do seem to be the overseer of the bidding site action and inventory.
Ahh, I thought somehow you noticed me bidding on Little Devils last night
You calling me a stalker?    ???
Not anymore, you had me worried. I actually won (2) 5-packs for $10Ea

Edit: Eff you Bean!!
Dang, helluva deal at $2.60/stick.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 09:05:23 AM
Good Morning CarolinaDave and CigarBiddingBiebs.
CigarBiddingBiebs? Morning Dave
You do seem to be the overseer of the bidding site action and inventory.
Ahh, I thought somehow you noticed me bidding on Little Devils last night
You calling me a stalker?    ???
Not anymore, you had me worried. I actually won (2) 5-packs for $10Ea

Edit: Eff you Bean!!
Dang, helluva deal at $2.60/stick.
Honestly I was shocked the bid held
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 09:07:20 AM
Padron day at the Page.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 09:09:08 AM
Padron day at the Page.
You beat me by about 3 seconds, oh well Morning Late Sleepers

Also Golf did not mention they have knives today.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2017, 09:09:09 AM

good morning guys. going to be an 80° day!
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
How you feeling today, Deano?
a bit sore. waiting for the lady to dress my wound. been draining quite a bit.

I'm suddenly not in the mood for breakfast BUT I did ask. Anyway, sounds like you're finally on the mend. After she dresses the wound maybe she'll undress you.
and what makes you think we're dressed?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 09:12:58 AM
Padron day at the Page.
You beat me by about 3 seconds, oh well Morning Late Sleepers

Also Golf did not mention they have knives today.
No surprise there
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 09:13:24 AM

good morning guys. going to be an 80° day!
EPC 2nd and coffee here.
How you feeling today, Deano?
a bit sore. waiting for the lady to dress my wound. been draining quite a bit.

I'm suddenly not in the mood for breakfast BUT I did ask. Anyway, sounds like you're finally on the mend. After she dresses the wound maybe she'll undress you.
and what makes you think we're dressed?
The desire to keep food down
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 09:22:14 AM
Padron day at the Page.
You beat me by about 3 seconds, oh well Morning Late Sleepers

Also Golf did not mention they have knives today.
That part gets redundant after awhile, since it's either that, shorts or sunglasses. Lol
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2017, 09:36:15 AM
bacon, eggs, hashbrowns almost ready.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 09:36:56 AM
bacon, eggs, hashbrowns almost ready.
Careful nothing drips into your eggs, you may not notice.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 09:38:45 AM
Padron day at the Page.
You beat me by about 3 seconds, oh well Morning Late Sleepers

Also Golf did not mention they have knives today.
That part gets redundant after awhile, since it's either that, shorts or sunglasses. Lol
Surely we're not concerned with redundancies here?!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 09:45:33 AM
Padron day at the Page.
You beat me by about 3 seconds, oh well Morning Late Sleepers

Also Golf did not mention they have knives today.
That part gets redundant after awhile, since it's either that, shorts or sunglasses. Lol
Surely we're not concerned with redundancies here?!
Or repeating ourselves.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2017, 09:58:27 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2017, 10:02:30 AM
Need to pick your Maid of Honor wisely...

http://6abc.com/news/maid-of-honor-arrested-at-florida-wedding/1698705/
She seems nice.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 10:15:43 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 10:17:57 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
$45/10 out of the box seems like a too good to be true price. Especially since it's from Thompson.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 10:20:11 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2017, 10:25:33 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
$45/10 out of the box seems like a too good to be true price. Especially since it's from Thompson.
I read $69.95 for 10.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 10:26:30 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 10:28:04 AM
G'Morning, Banter...
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 10:28:53 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 10:30:10 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
Only difference I can see is lack of the box. Apparently, that costs $25.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 10:32:00 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
Only difference I can see is lack of the box. Apparently, that costs $25.

Oh, I'm sure we all have an empty box somewhere...
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2017, 10:32:38 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
lol.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 10:34:46 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
Only difference I can see is lack of the box. Apparently, that costs $25.

Yeah, Thompson needs a new pic as well.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 10:38:13 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
Only difference I can see is lack of the box. Apparently, that costs $25.

Yeah, Thompson needs a new pic as well.
One purchase from Thompson about 10 years ago and I learned all I need to know about them - don't do business with them!

They had a crazy Laranja deal a few months back that Ogie was thinking of trying but he never reported back in with any results.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 10:41:32 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
Hey, I did that....just after the initial post.  Already ordered, so...
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 10:42:18 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
Only difference I can see is lack of the box. Apparently, that costs $25.

Yeah, Thompson needs a new pic as well.
One purchase from Thompson about 10 years ago and I learned all I need to know about them - don't do business with them!

They had a crazy Laranja deal a few months back that Ogie was thinking of trying but he never reported back in with any results.
I think the only purchase I ever made through them was for my first bigger humidor. Sent me the completely wrong one. They fixed it without much problem, so no complaint. But something about them always seems just a touch shady. Not sure what it is.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 10:42:32 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
Only difference I can see is lack of the box. Apparently, that costs $25.

Yeah, Thompson needs a new pic as well.
One purchase from Thompson about 10 years ago and I learned all I need to know about them - don't do business with them!

They had a crazy Laranja deal a few months back that Ogie was thinking of trying but he never reported back in with any results.

I think that was their take/version of the Laranja... I'd have to look back. I typically don't do business with them. I don't think there are many here that do on the regular. /but nice deal
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 10:53:53 AM
[...]

Just curious, unless you are a box press whore (and the Box Pressed Caixo's are the best Laranja's IMHO) why would you buy the Thompson Deal @ $45 from a questionable vendor instead of the JR  Toro deal at 10/$41 from a solid vendor?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 10:55:54 AM
[...]

They were famous for trying to sham you into their club, calling you all the time with telemarketing scams  and even charging an unauthorized membership to your CC.  They have quite  a reputation with the BBB.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 10:56:02 AM
[...]

Just curious, unless you are a box press whore (and the Box Pressed Caixo's are the best Laranja's IMHO) why would you buy the Thompson Deal @ $45 from a questionable vendor instead of the JR Deal Toro deal at 10/$41 from a solid vendor?

Is the JR deal still active? If not, that'd be one reason I guess.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 10:57:57 AM
[...]

Yes it is and to come out you have to buy at least 10 and use the code OY gave us (the offer is still active but not sure about the code)
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 10:58:11 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
Hey, I did that....just after the initial post.  Already ordered, so...

Hey, Golf was just trying to make sure you were stocked up for next season.  ;D
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 11:01:02 AM
[...]

Code still works so $40.91 for 10 delivered.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 11:02:25 AM
[...]

It was the exact cigar... at a better price too (then).

Re: 10/21/2016
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2016, 08:51:41 PM »
Quote from: razgueado on October 21, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Quote from: Ogie on October 21, 2016, 08:42:05 PM
Quote from: Ogie on October 21, 2016, 11:18:00 AM
Incidentally, there may be a better(ish?) deal.  Thompson (I know, I know) has a box pressed robusto called the "Baixo".  I took one for the team to see if they're legit.  Edit: They run sub $5 or better.
Seeing 10/$35 shipped right now.
So are they legit?
They appear to be. Can't burn until tomorrow and that will be in 20mph wind. Cold draw is a rich dried fruit and earth.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 11:02:42 AM
[...]

Code still works so $40.95 for 10 delivered.
That definitely wins, since the Thompson would be about $50 delivered. Unless you REALLY need the box press.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 11:03:26 AM
[...]

It was the exact cigar...

Re: 10/21/2016
« Reply #182 on: October 21, 2016, 08:51:41 PM »
Quote from: razgueado on October 21, 2016, 08:44:58 PM

Quote from: Ogie on October 21, 2016, 08:42:05 PM
Quote from: Ogie on October 21, 2016, 11:18:00 AM
Incidentally, there may be a better(ish?) deal.  Thompson (I know, I know) has a box pressed robusto called the "Baixo".  I took one for the team to see if they're legit.  Edit: They run sub $5 or better.
Seeing 10/$35 shipped right now.
So are they legit?
They appear to be. Can't burn until tomorrow and that will be in 20mph wind. Cold draw is a rich dried fruit and earth.
And apparently, their deal has gotten a little worse. Lol
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 11:04:01 AM
[...]

Now that you mention it, I do remember them calling all the time about that. Guess that's what I was thinking of.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 11:05:38 AM
[...]

I was 4 cents off, actual delivered price for 10 is $40.91
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 11:06:12 AM
[...]

+1  Not sure how I blocked that out.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 11:07:57 AM
[...]

Haha, same here. But now I can remember those calls vividly.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 11:08:18 AM
[...]

Gettin' better all the time!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 11:09:48 AM
[...]

And the more you buy over 10 the better it gets too, but I am not enablin's!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: FloridaDean on January 12, 2017, 11:11:36 AM
OOO and coffee in the sunshine.
75° already.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 11:13:35 AM
[...]

jrdojo1 Code still active as well. Saves $5.98... the majority of the shipping cost. (6.99)
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 11:15:09 AM
[...]

Yeah, Thanks Golf... Don't bring that Thompson shit in here again! lol
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 11:16:32 AM
[...]

Hey, Ogie did it first, ya hump!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 11:22:39 AM
[...]

And he took some heat from some Thompson Haters too!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 11:31:25 AM

[...]

Wait til Thompson buys this site...
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Ogie on January 12, 2017, 11:38:05 AM
[...]

I acknowledged that there's an unfavorable perception regarding Thompson.  I've ordered from them twice with no issue.  I'm sure they call.  I'm sure I don't answer.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Ogie on January 12, 2017, 11:40:57 AM
Halfwheel is three months behind.  Not bad.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 11:44:20 AM
[...]

Plus at JR, if you use the code JRDOJO1, you get 15% off, so if you order say 4 of the Laranja's, 20/79.80 (+6.99 shipping) you actually get free shipping plus and additional four dollars off.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 11:48:17 AM
[...]

exactly!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 11:48:27 AM
Morning Steve.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 11:49:28 AM
Halfwheel is three months behind.  Not bad.
It's that crooked media, fake news and such!   >:(
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 11:50:32 AM
A new size for ClemsonDave to jump on.

http://halfwheel.com/laranja-reserva-baixo-goes-sale-thompson/138375?utm_content=bufferf0010&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
No jumping unless they can do better than $7 a stick. #Holtsspoiled

Use the hyperlink, Dave.... not the HalfWheel write-up.

https://www.thompsoncigar.com/product/ESPINOSA-LARANJA-BAIXO-BRAZILIAN-ROBUSTO-BOXED-PRESSED/94629.uts
Fuggin' newb!
Hey, I did that....just after the initial post.  Already ordered, so...

Hey, Golf was just trying to make sure you were stocked up for next season.  ;D
Definitely.  Thanks for looking out.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 11:51:06 AM
Time to enjoy this 60 degree day.  Think I'll go take a cigar for a walk.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 11:51:23 AM
Halfwheel is three months behind.  Not bad.
It's that crooked media, fake news and such!   >:(
Hahaha
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 11:53:18 AM
Halfwheel is three months behind.  Not bad.
It's that crooked media, fake news and such!   >:(
WRONG!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 11:57:02 AM
Not looking like we're going to be doing a DOW 20K this week... :-\
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 12:02:28 PM
Morning Steve.

Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 12:20:28 PM
Not looking like we're going to be doing a DOW 20K this week... :-\
Thanks, Obama.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 12:58:03 PM
Smoking Lull?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 12:58:50 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 12:59:11 PM

[...]

Wait til Thompson Dean buys this site...
Correction made.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 01:00:07 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Me too but at least it looks like I am going to have decent weather for one this afternoon.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 01:08:34 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Me too but at least it looks like I am going to have decent weather for one this afternoon.
Not looking good for me. 61 this morning when I left for work, we're down to 34 right now. Going down to 23 tonight, wind chill of 11. And it's been raining like a sumbitch all day, so it's gonna turn to snow at some point soon.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 01:14:16 PM
Morning Steve.

Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 01:15:31 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Me too but at least it looks like I am going to have decent weather for one this afternoon.
Not looking good for me. 61 this morning when I left for work, we're down to 34 right now. Going down to 23 tonight, wind chill of 11. And it's been raining like a sumbitch all day, so it's gonna turn to snow at some point soon.
We're off on that by a day, so evening smoke is going to be a pleasant one.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 01:21:14 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Me too but at least it looks like I am going to have decent weather for one this afternoon.
Not looking good for me. 61 this morning when I left for work, we're down to 34 right now. Going down to 23 tonight, wind chill of 11. And it's been raining like a sumbitch all day, so it's gonna turn to snow at some point soon.
We're off on that by a day, so evening smoke is going to be a pleasant one.
Yep, finally got to have one last night, first of the year. Fuggin' cold.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 01:21:21 PM
Morning Steve.

Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 01:23:43 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Me too but at least it looks like I am going to have decent weather for one this afternoon.
Not looking good for me. 61 this morning when I left for work, we're down to 34 right now. Going down to 23 tonight, wind chill of 11. And it's been raining like a sumbitch all day, so it's gonna turn to snow at some point soon.
We're off on that by a day, so evening smoke is going to be a pleasant one.
Partly - mostly cloudy and 74 here now but they have moved back the rain forecast until around 8:00 tonight.  Bit windy though.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 01:51:08 PM
Morning Steve.

Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 01:51:22 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Me too but at least it looks like I am going to have decent weather for one this afternoon.
Not looking good for me. 61 this morning when I left for work, we're down to 34 right now. Going down to 23 tonight, wind chill of 11. And it's been raining like a sumbitch all day, so it's gonna turn to snow at some point soon.
We're off on that by a day, so evening smoke is going to be a pleasant one.
Partly - mostly cloudy and 74 here now but they have moved back the rain forecast until around 8:00 tonight.  Bit windy though.
Rain in the forecast all the way through Tuesday.  Fuuk!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 01:52:21 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 12, 2017, 01:55:42 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Me too but at least it looks like I am going to have decent weather for one this afternoon.
Not looking good for me. 61 this morning when I left for work, we're down to 34 right now. Going down to 23 tonight, wind chill of 11. And it's been raining like a sumbitch all day, so it's gonna turn to snow at some point soon.
We're off on that by a day, so evening smoke is going to be a pleasant one.
Partly - mostly cloudy and 74 here now but they have moved back the rain forecast until around 8:00 tonight.  Bit windy though.
Rain in the forecast all the way through Tuesday.  Fuuk!
Rain, rain go away
Come again another day.
Rain, rain go away
Little Marky Mark wants to smoke a seegar..
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 01:57:30 PM
Should not be a surprise, but holy fuuk, that's a lot of people.

"Austin is expected to hit another major population milestone in a matter of months. The number of people living in the metro area will cross 2.1 million on March 20, according to estimates by Buffalo Business First, an affiliated publication of Austin Business Journal."

And..."Looking farther out, the population of the Austin-Round Rock area is expected to reach nearly 4 million by 2040— again, the fastest growth rate in the nation among major metros."
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 02:00:09 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Me too but at least it looks like I am going to have decent weather for one this afternoon.
Not looking good for me. 61 this morning when I left for work, we're down to 34 right now. Going down to 23 tonight, wind chill of 11. And it's been raining like a sumbitch all day, so it's gonna turn to snow at some point soon.
We're off on that by a day, so evening smoke is going to be a pleasant one.
Partly - mostly cloudy and 74 here now but they have moved back the rain forecast until around 8:00 tonight.  Bit windy though.
Rain in the forecast all the way through Tuesday.  Fuuk!
Rain, rain go away
Come again another day.
Rain, rain go away
Little Marky Mark wants to smoke a seegar..
Good afternoon, RalphWaldoBreath.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 02:02:03 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 02:02:50 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 12, 2017, 02:05:32 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Me too but at least it looks like I am going to have decent weather for one this afternoon.
Not looking good for me. 61 this morning when I left for work, we're down to 34 right now. Going down to 23 tonight, wind chill of 11. And it's been raining like a sumbitch all day, so it's gonna turn to snow at some point soon.
Raining and windy.  Temps dropping.  Heading your way DaveDave.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 02:06:11 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)

Lol... NICE!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 12, 2017, 02:07:19 PM
Smoking Lull?
I wish.
Me too but at least it looks like I am going to have decent weather for one this afternoon.
Not looking good for me. 61 this morning when I left for work, we're down to 34 right now. Going down to 23 tonight, wind chill of 11. And it's been raining like a sumbitch all day, so it's gonna turn to snow at some point soon.
We're off on that by a day, so evening smoke is going to be a pleasant one.
Partly - mostly cloudy and 74 here now but they have moved back the rain forecast until around 8:00 tonight.  Bit windy though.
Rain in the forecast all the way through Tuesday.  Fuuk!
Rain, rain go away
Come again another day.
Rain, rain go away
Little Marky Mark wants to smoke a seegar..
Good afternoon, RalphWaldoBreath.
NurseryRhymeBreath.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:09:53 PM
Should not be a surprise, but holy fuuk, that's a lot of people.

"Austin is expected to hit another major population milestone in a matter of months. The number of people living in the metro area will cross 2.1 million on March 20, according to estimates by Buffalo Business First, an affiliated publication of Austin Business Journal."

And..."Looking farther out, the population of the Austin-Round Rock area is expected to reach nearly 4 million by 2040— again, the fastest growth rate in the nation among major metros."
Less 2 because we have not told them we are hauling ass.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:10:59 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)

Lol... NICE!
LMFAO, you must have loaded up on those Laranja's!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:11:23 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 02:13:18 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Boom!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 02:13:35 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
It sure is. 44 gallons worth.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 02:14:59 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
It absolutely is. Want me to post the receipt?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:16:23 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
It sure is. 44 gallons worth.
Sheesh :o  My big ones are only 18.5 gallons, that mf'r is going to be heavy if you fill it up!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 02:16:23 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Dang it. Your photo definitely appears to be more airtight. I may have to go back and exchange it.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 02:16:59 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
It absolutely is. Want me to post the receipt?
We all know you bought it to store Xmas decorations, c'mon
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:17:45 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Dang it. Your photo definitely appears to be more airtight. I may have to go back and exchange it.
Mine are totally air and watertight, they hold humidity better than my real humidor.  74 qt one is about $21 but I prefer the 64 qt ones because those bastiges are heavy when full.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 02:18:16 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
It sure is. 44 gallons worth.
Sheesh :o  My big ones are only 18.5 gallons, that mf'r is going to be heavy if you fill it up!
It's got wheels. Don't plan on moving it much. More worried now about the seal.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 02:18:17 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
It absolutely is. Want me to post the receipt?
We all know you bought it to store Xmas decorations, c'mon
Don't fault the man for going big, Xmas clearance style.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 02:20:42 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Dang it. Your photo definitely appears to be more airtight. I may have to go back and exchange it.
Mine are totally air and watertight, they hold humidity better than my real humidor.  74 qt one is about $21 but I prefer the 64 qt ones because those bastiges are heavy when full.
Dang it. I should have looked around more. Scott's right, this one is better suited for Christmas decorations. FML!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:21:22 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Dang it. Your photo definitely appears to be more airtight. I may have to go back and exchange it.
Mine are totally air and watertight, they hold humidity better than my real humidor.  74 qt one is about $21 but I prefer the 64 qt ones because those bastiges are heavy when full.
Dang it. I should have looked around more. Scott's right, this one is better suited for Christmas decorations. FML!
Help me , I can't stop laughing!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 02:22:35 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Dang it. Your photo definitely appears to be more airtight. I may have to go back and exchange it.
Mine are totally air and watertight, they hold humidity better than my real humidor.  74 qt one is about $21 but I prefer the 64 qt ones because those bastiges are heavy when full.
Dang it. I should have looked around more. Scott's right, this one is better suited for Christmas decorations. FML!

...but can you melt a body in it?  ;D

(breaking bad)
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:23:42 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Dang it. Your photo definitely appears to be more airtight. I may have to go back and exchange it.
Mine are totally air and watertight, they hold humidity better than my real humidor.  74 qt one is about $21 but I prefer the 64 qt ones because those bastiges are heavy when full.
Dang it. I should have looked around more. Scott's right, this one is better suited for Christmas decorations. FML!

...but can you melt a body in it?  ;D

(breaking bad)
Dean is pretty skinny so if his head falls off we can probably bury him in it.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 02:26:21 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Dang it. Your photo definitely appears to be more airtight. I may have to go back and exchange it.
Mine are totally air and watertight, they hold humidity better than my real humidor.  74 qt one is about $21 but I prefer the 64 qt ones because those bastiges are heavy when full.
Dang it. I should have looked around more. Scott's right, this one is better suited for Christmas decorations. FML!

...but can you melt a body in it?  ;D

(breaking bad)
Dean is pretty skinny so if his head falls off we can probably bury him in it.
With room left over for a bundle of EPC 2nds.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:26:40 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Taking sick leave when you are not sick and being late to arrive and early to leave because you no longer give a fook.   I am now in phase 2 - all the previous things plus only working 3 days/week.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:27:23 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Dang it. Your photo definitely appears to be more airtight. I may have to go back and exchange it.
Mine are totally air and watertight, they hold humidity better than my real humidor.  74 qt one is about $21 but I prefer the 64 qt ones because those bastiges are heavy when full.
Dang it. I should have looked around more. Scott's right, this one is better suited for Christmas decorations. FML!

...but can you melt a body in it?  ;D

(breaking bad)
Dean is pretty skinny so if his head falls off we can probably bury him in it.
With room left over for a bundle of EPC 2nds.
He will definitely need those in there.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:28:21 PM
Jeez, this has been a slow afternoon.  Think I will go take a walk around the block.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2017, 02:38:59 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Taking sick leave when you are not sick and being late to arrive and early to leave because you no longer give a fook.
Whoa! I'm in phase 1 already? Fifteen years early? Outstanding.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2017, 02:41:31 PM
Jeez, this has been a slow afternoon.  Think I will go take a walk around the block.
And I was drinking a lot of whiskey and smoking cigars with the business partner last night, so now I have a craving for greasy food. Off to get a burger and then a power nap.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 02:48:42 PM
Jeez, this has been a slow afternoon.  Think I will go take a walk around the block.
And I was drinking a lot of whiskey and smoking cigars with the business partner last night, so now I have a craving for greasy food. Off to get a burger and then a power nap.
Phase 1, indeed!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 02:50:42 PM
Jeez, this has been a slow afternoon.  Think I will go take a walk around the block.
And I was drinking a lot of whiskey and smoking cigars with the business partner last night, so now I have a craving for greasy food. Off to get a burger and then a power nap.
Phase 1, indeed!
Raz is just an overage millennial.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 02:52:12 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Phase I - Start collecting pension from previous job (current one doesn't have it)
Phase II - Start relo planning and timetable
Phase III - Retire from this position and relo
Phase IV - Start fun employment and smoke more cigars.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2017, 02:52:57 PM
Jeez, this has been a slow afternoon.  Think I will go take a walk around the block.
And I was drinking a lot of whiskey and smoking cigars with the business partner last night, so now I have a craving for greasy food. Off to get a burger and then a power nap.
Phase 1, indeed!
Raz is just an overage millennial.
I'm Gen X.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 02:53:14 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
Is that an authentic TxDave branded Container Store model?
No, this is the official one.
Dang it. Your photo definitely appears to be more airtight. I may have to go back and exchange it.
Mine are totally air and watertight, they hold humidity better than my real humidor.  74 qt one is about $21 but I prefer the 64 qt ones because those bastiges are heavy when full.
Dang it. I should have looked around more. Scott's right, this one is better suited for Christmas decorations. FML!
Help me , I can't stop laughing!
Glad I can amuse you. I literally stepped in and out of that store. I hate shopping. But now I'm pissed that I have to go back. I thought it felt a little flimsy as I was unloading it from the car. I can put my whole hand in it through the side without undoing the latches. &€%$@£!!!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2017, 02:53:50 PM
Jeez, this has been a slow afternoon.  Think I will go take a walk around the block.
And I was drinking a lot of whiskey and smoking cigars with the business partner last night, so now I have a craving for greasy food. Off to get a burger and then a power nap.
Phase 1, indeed!
Raz is just an overage millennial.
Oh, you said "overage". I read "average." Bad eyes. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 02:53:57 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
One difference between you and TexDave.  I'm pretty sure he has cigars in his.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: LuvTooGolf on January 12, 2017, 02:55:16 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 02:55:53 PM
Finally took TXDave's advice. Go big or go home!
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170112/8e34d8cefa4978b2927c3d9d53b2b083.jpg)
One difference between you and TexDave.  I'm pretty sure he has cigars in his.
I'm sure his didn't have cigars in it when it was still in the store. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 02:56:34 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
Later, LTG. Hope you get to smoke another tonight.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 02:57:18 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Taking sick leave when you are not sick and being late to arrive and early to leave because you no longer give a fook.   I am now in phase 2 - all the previous things plus only working 3 days/week.
That's one thing I've never done.  I think in my entire working career, I've taken a total of 10 days off when sick, plus three weeks when I had my hip done, and another week for the last surgery.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 02:58:13 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Taking sick leave when you are not sick and being late to arrive and early to leave because you no longer give a fook.   I am now in phase 2 - all the previous things plus only working 3 days/week.
That's one thing I've never done.  I think in my entire working career, I've taken a total of 10 days off when sick, plus three weeks when I had my hip done, and another week for the last surgery.
Slacker!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 02:58:23 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 03:07:58 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?

No, they use something called a television lawn.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 03:09:31 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Taking sick leave when you are not sick and being late to arrive and early to leave because you no longer give a fook.   I am now in phase 2 - all the previous things plus only working 3 days/week.
That's one thing I've never done.  I think in my entire working career, I've taken a total of 10 days off when sick, plus three weeks when I had my hip done, and another week for the last surgery.
Slacker!
I get credit for most of mine but about 7 days of either use them or lose them by the time I retire and I don't plan on losing them.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 03:11:57 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Phase I - Start collecting pension from previous job (current one doesn't have it)
Phase II - Start relo planning and timetable
Phase III - Retire from this position and relo
Phase IV - Start fun employment and smoke more cigars.

What's Phase IV looking like... bartender in a cigar lounge?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 03:16:17 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Phase I - Start collecting pension from previous job (current one doesn't have it)
Phase II - Start relo planning and timetable
Phase III - Retire from this position and relo
Phase IV - Start fun employment and smoke more cigars.

What's Phase IV looking like... bartender in a cigar lounge?
Old women in the nursing home.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 03:17:13 PM
[...]
I took 5 sick days before they threw me out on my ass. There's no nobility in losing those days.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 03:17:47 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 03:18:16 PM
[...]
Amen!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 03:18:44 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Phase I - Start collecting pension from previous job (current one doesn't have it)
Phase II - Start relo planning and timetable
Phase III - Retire from this position and relo
Phase IV - Start fun employment and smoke more cigars.
What's Phase IV looking like... bartender in a cigar lounge?
Usher at Clemson's stadium.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 03:30:30 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 03:35:23 PM
[...]
Told ya
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 03:36:54 PM
Smoking Time, later gators.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 03:38:54 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_verge

Unlike the nice wide "tree lawn" in the pic in the upper right, in GA they don't make these very wide... maybe 3'-4'. So, usually don't have trees contained. The explanation about cost of right of way seems to have merit to that since they are constantly widening roads here. Probably why the term didn't click for me.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 03:48:13 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_verge

Unlike the nice wide "tree lawn" in the pic in the upper right, in GA they don't make these very wide... maybe 3'-4'. So, usually don't have trees contained. The explanation about cost of right of way seems to have merit to that since they are constantly widening roads here. Probably why the term didn't click for me.

This is Boston, but more reminiscent of designs here... although most services are underground. So, Phone pole lawn is out as well.  ;)

(https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/16/Massachusetts-devils_strip.JPG/800px-Massachusetts-devils_strip.JPG)
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 03:53:57 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Phase I - Start collecting pension from previous job (current one doesn't have it)
Phase II - Start relo planning and timetable
Phase III - Retire from this position and relo
Phase IV - Start fun employment and smoke more cigars.

What's Phase IV looking like... bartender in a cigar lounge?
Old women in the nursing home.

Cabana boy at the nursing home?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 03:58:12 PM
[...]

...and I've never had one review that particular topic ever changed a penny of my paycheck. Perfect attendance just means you get fukk'd more days a year. lol
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 03:59:42 PM
[...]

So, this one must have been closest to the entrance.  ;)
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 04:01:33 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_verge

Unlike the nice wide "tree lawn" in the pic in the upper right, in GA they don't make these very wide... maybe 3'-4'. So, usually don't have trees contained. The explanation about cost of right of way seems to have merit to that since they are constantly widening roads here. Probably why the term didn't click for me.
So we're supposed to call it a "parkway strip" here?  Never heard that term, either.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 04:03:58 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_verge

Unlike the nice wide "tree lawn" in the pic in the upper right, in GA they don't make these very wide... maybe 3'-4'. So, usually don't have trees contained. The explanation about cost of right of way seems to have merit to that since they are constantly widening roads here. Probably why the term didn't click for me.
So we're supposed to call it a "parkway strip" here?  Never heard that term, either.

Curb lawn is on there. You must just live in the wrong state... GA is sidewalk lawn. Haven't heard it, but sounds legit.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 04:05:31 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_verge

Unlike the nice wide "tree lawn" in the pic in the upper right, in GA they don't make these very wide... maybe 3'-4'. So, usually don't have trees contained. The explanation about cost of right of way seems to have merit to that since they are constantly widening roads here. Probably why the term didn't click for me.
So we're supposed to call it a "parkway strip" here?  Never heard that term, either.
Curb strip is on there. You must just live in the wrong state.
Indeed.  According to the article only Austin and Ft Collins call it a parkway strip.  F'kn interwebs.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 04:12:35 PM
[...]

Well, it is wiki... you could edit in protest. lol

Fort Collins must be another commie infiltrated area.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 04:14:33 PM
Milked another page out of tree lawn though. Thanks, Golf! lol
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 04:16:59 PM
[...]
I never had a job that gave sick days.  J&J just allowed time off with notice.  If you took too many then you would get talked to, but no hard number on too many.  Current job requires you to use vacation days...cheap bastards.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 04:18:31 PM
[...]
That's how we do it, vaca days.  Our HR department is run by a cheap bastard as well.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 04:19:11 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Phase I - Start collecting pension from previous job (current one doesn't have it)
Phase II - Start relo planning and timetable
Phase III - Retire from this position and relo
Phase IV - Start fun employment and smoke more cigars.
What's Phase IV looking like... bartender in a cigar lounge?
Usher at Clemson's stadium.
Definitely getting closer!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 04:19:38 PM
[...]
So I've heard.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 04:22:14 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
That's probably from when they used to plant trees in that area right next to the road...still do in some cities....until they found that the roots then tore up the sidewalk and street.
We always just called it a curb lawn.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 04:25:17 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Phase I - Start collecting pension from previous job (current one doesn't have it)
Phase II - Start relo planning and timetable
Phase III - Retire from this position and relo
Phase IV - Start fun employment and smoke more cigars.

What's Phase IV looking like... bartender in a cigar lounge?
Old women in the nursing home.

Cabana boy at the nursing home?
Definitely not.  Unlike Mr. Dean, I do not particularly care for old people.  Property I'm looking at is in a planned but mixed community.  http://www.patricksquare.com/
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 04:33:15 PM
Milked another page out of tree lawn though. Thanks, Golf! lol
How did that topic get resurrected anyway?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 04:33:43 PM
[...]

Looks nice, but 12 minute drive from the stadium.  Kinda far, don't ya think?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 04:35:50 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Phase I - Start collecting pension from previous job (current one doesn't have it)
Phase II - Start relo planning and timetable
Phase III - Retire from this position and relo
Phase IV - Start fun employment and smoke more cigars.

What's Phase IV looking like... bartender in a cigar lounge?
Old women in the nursing home.

Cabana boy at the nursing home?
More likely an adjunct teaching position at the college.  Women there a bit more pleasing to the eye.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 04:36:50 PM
[...]

That's what I have the bike for...plus there is free CAT bus transit.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 04:46:18 PM
Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 04:48:36 PM
Morning Steve.
Howdy, Mr. You back to work yet, or still loafin' around the house?
Been back for two weeks....feels like 20...
That means it is time for you to retire.
Just sent more data in to my advisor to crunch the numbers.  Looking like phase 1 will begin this year, completed possibly in 18.
What, pray tell, is phase 1?
Phase I - Start collecting pension from previous job (current one doesn't have it)
Phase II - Start relo planning and timetable
Phase III - Retire from this position and relo
Phase IV - Start fun employment and smoke more cigars.

What's Phase IV looking like... bartender in a cigar lounge?
Old women in the nursing home.

Cabana boy at the nursing home?
More likely an adjunct teaching position at the college.  Women there a bit more pleasing to the eye.
If I get hungry I will but the last Fuk'n thing I want to do after I retire is go to a job again.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 04:53:10 PM
[...]

Correct. Right at the door.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 04:55:13 PM
[...]

Funny that in Ohio alone, there are about 7 different ways to refer to it. Can't those Ohioans get their shit together?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 04:55:32 PM
[...]

At my store the good ones are stacked against the back wall of the store
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Travellin Dave on January 12, 2017, 04:57:42 PM
[...]

From the Ohioans you know, are you really surprised?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 04:59:06 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
That's probably from when they used to plant trees in that area right next to the road...still do in some cities....until they found that the roots then tore up the sidewalk and street.
We always just called it a curb lawn.
It is the strip between the sidewalk and the street and usually a utility easement , simple as that.  If owned by the city then sometimes referred to as  the neutral ground.

My boss lady is from Ohio I will ask her what she calls it.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 04:59:28 PM
[...]

From the Ohioans you know, are you really surprised?
DaveMike's fault?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 05:00:23 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
That's probably from when they used to plant trees in that area right next to the road...still do in some cities....until they found that the roots then tore up the sidewalk and street.
We always just called it a curb lawn.
It is the strip between the sidewalk and the street and usually a utility easement , simple as that.  If owned by the city then sometimes referred to as  the neutral ground.
Did I mention that I prefer treelawn?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 05:01:30 PM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot ( and a 4-day one at that)
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 05:02:15 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
That's probably from when they used to plant trees in that area right next to the road...still do in some cities....until they found that the roots then tore up the sidewalk and street.
We always just called it a curb lawn.
It is the strip between the sidewalk and the street and usually a utility easement , simple as that.  If owned by the city then sometimes referred to as  the neutral ground.
Did I mention that I prefer treelawn?
Don't know but did I mention GFY?
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 05:04:56 PM
Can't believe BS nor Travellin Dave posted this one

Los Angeles (AFP) - The San Diego Chargers confirmed Thursday the franchise will make a controversial move to Los Angeles next season after failing to reach a deal on a new stadium at their existing home.

A letter from Chargers owner Dean Spanos posted on the team's website confirmed the team would end a 56-year stay in San Diego and exercise an option granted by the National Football League last year to relocate north to Los Angeles.

"After much deliberation, I have made the decision to relocate the Chargers to Los Angeles, beginning with the 2017 NFL season," Spanos wrote.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 05:08:13 PM
Received my JR order today
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 12, 2017, 05:25:12 PM
[...]
…and that's a lot of ass to be thrown out upon.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: cigarbreath on January 12, 2017, 05:26:12 PM
Received my JR order today
Got mine yesterday.  Two days from order to my front porch.  Tasty seegars.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 05:35:11 PM
Can't believe BS nor Travellin Dave posted this one

Los Angeles (AFP) - The San Diego Chargers confirmed Thursday the franchise will make a controversial move to Los Angeles next season after failing to reach a deal on a new stadium at their existing home.

A letter from Chargers owner Dean Spanos posted on the team's website confirmed the team would end a 56-year stay in San Diego and exercise an option granted by the National Football League last year to relocate north to Los Angeles.

"After much deliberation, I have made the decision to relocate the Chargers to Los Angeles, beginning with the 2017 NFL season," Spanos wrote.

I saw it, but knew it was inevitable. Most sports "franchise" owners today just view it as an investment. Wins and fans are just minor perks if they do well. A new stadium deal puts money, possibly billions, directly in the owners pocket when they go to sell later down the road. Why do you think so many teams today are owned by communication, media or financial moguls/conglomerates... just sayin'
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 05:41:21 PM
[...]

Lol...

(http://i64.tinypic.com/97353p.jpg)
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: BackyardSmoker on January 12, 2017, 05:42:05 PM
Time to fly... see yuz later!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 05:45:35 PM
Time to get phase 2 of this day started, which is picking up the new tv for the man cave, then heading home. Hazzuh!
You gonna get a matching barn door as well?
No, they use something called a television lawn.
Haha, would not surprise me.   Tree lawn, WTF.  Call it a curb lawn, much more accurate.
I had never heard of it before but I'll admit that I kind of like tree lawn. Just sayin'.
That's probably from when they used to plant trees in that area right next to the road...still do in some cities....until they found that the roots then tore up the sidewalk and street.
We always just called it a curb lawn.
It is the strip between the sidewalk and the street and usually a utility easement , simple as that.  If owned by the city then sometimes referred to as  the neutral ground.
Did I mention that I prefer treelawn?
Don't know but did I mention GFY?
I thought it went without saying.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 05:46:37 PM
[...]
Hear, hear!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2017, 07:30:23 PM
[...]
Around here, we always say it.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: razgueado on January 12, 2017, 07:32:10 PM
CLE Cuarenta robusto 5-packs $14.95 at JR.

4 of them $57.95 shipped with jrdojo1 code. $2.89 a stick.

Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 08:12:26 PM
[...]
That's fine too.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 08:13:14 PM
CLE Cuarenta robusto 5-packs $14.95 at JR.

4 of them $57.95 shipped with jrdojo1 code. $2.89 a stick.
Well now that I bought the wrong tupperdore, I have no space.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 08:22:01 PM
Received my JR order today
Same here, nice looking cigars, darker than the corona Gordas I had
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 08:25:42 PM
Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 09:19:50 PM
Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on January 12, 2017, 09:20:55 PM
CLE Cuarenta robusto 5-packs $14.95 at JR.

4 of them $57.95 shipped with jrdojo1 code. $2.89 a stick.
Well now that I bought the wrong tupperdore, I have no space.
Plenty of time to exchange the tub before the smokes arrive ;D
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 09:23:06 PM
The day got past me so quickly. Really wanted to make the most of the weather. Had decided on scrapping my original short list smokes and lighting up a Crowned Heads Luminosa instead. I wish I had found it yesterday. I would have preferred to try it over smoking another Big Payback connie. Oh well.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: sfish on January 12, 2017, 09:30:19 PM
Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.
Interesting, I had one in the petit corona sampler and it was excellent. Was really looking forward to these but so far disappointing
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 09:34:42 PM
Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.
Interesting, I had one in the petit corona sampler and it was excellent. Was really looking forward to these but so far disappointing
Some vitolas really stand out. Don't think I've had any Neanderthals yet. Or it wasn't memorable if I did smoke one.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 09:51:49 PM
Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.
Interesting, I had one in the petit corona sampler and it was excellent. Was really looking forward to these but so far disappointing
Some vitolas really stand out. Don't think I've had any Neanderthals yet. Or it wasn't memorable if I did smoke one.
True also of the Undercrown line.  Corona Viva a great smoke, the rest of the line somewhat meh.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 10:28:03 PM

Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.
Interesting, I had one in the petit corona sampler and it was excellent. Was really looking forward to these but so far disappointing
Some vitolas really stand out. Don't think I've had any Neanderthals yet. Or it wasn't memorable if I did smoke one.
True also of the Undercrown line.  Corona Viva a great smoke, the rest of the line somewhat meh.

I've heard so much about that corona viva and I haven't gotten around to it yet. Gonna definitely add that to my list.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: Threebean on January 12, 2017, 11:24:48 PM

Neanderthal lit,  78 degrees with only a light to moderate breeze.
How did you like it Tex? I smoked one recently and wasn't too sure about it. It may have been at the herf but it was definitely part of a multi-smoke day so I need to smoke one on its own
2nd one I have smoked and I have not found a lot of love for them.  Would not buy more but hoping they will improve with a good bit of age.
Interesting, I had one in the petit corona sampler and it was excellent. Was really looking forward to these but so far disappointing
Some vitolas really stand out. Don't think I've had any Neanderthals yet. Or it wasn't memorable if I did smoke one.
True also of the Undercrown line.  Corona Viva a great smoke, the rest of the line somewhat meh.

I've heard so much about that corona viva and I haven't gotten around to it yet. Gonna definitely add that to my list.
It's rare to find a good deal on them.  I'm out of them.  I check the devil occasionally, but nada.  I think the best cheapy cheapo deal was mid 80's for 25.   Bar has been set.
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on January 12, 2017, 11:43:34 PM

[...]

Challenge accepted!
Title: Re: 1/12/2017
Post by: SLY on January 12, 2017, 11:57:47 PM
Quote from: Threebean link=topic=1004.msg209151#m[quote
sg209151 date=1484224966]
Need to pick your Maid of Honor wisely...

http://6abc.com/news/maid-of-honor-arrested-at-florida-wedding/1698705/
We'll get more detail from Dean when he checks in.  Sounds like an event where he knew someone involved.
If the article had mentioned torching a gazebo, I'd be sure he was involved somehow.
[/quote] Was able to take advantage of the weather and enjoy a La Jugada and scotch on our K of C deck this evening ... glad there already was a group of guys out here, two of whom were smoking Padrons.  Watched the Cincinnati - SMU where the Bearcats prevailed.
Will be busy the next 3 days involved in a wedding, helping set up for the reception Friday, ushering at the wedding Saturday (ice storm predicted) and a separate Mass & reception on Sunday.  Hope there will be a few cigar smokers in the bunch.