Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2021, 03:30:41 PM »

« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2021, 04:06:52 PM »

« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2021, 04:17:12 PM »

afternoon y'all.
Howdy, Dean. How are things?
rough.
Then smooth them out! Sheesh.
self inflicted. moved my hand me down dinette into the garage and was given my 94 year old neighbors to move into the house. I'm too old and crippled for that shit. neighbor went into assisted living.

« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2021, 04:58:28 PM »

afternoon y'all.
Howdy, Dean. How are things?
rough.
Then smooth them out! Sheesh.
self inflicted. moved my hand me down dinette into the garage and was given my 94 year old neighbors to move into the house. I'm too old and crippled for that shit. neighbor went into assisted living.
It's always about trying to do too much. I hear ya though. Hopefully it will have been worth it and you'll make a speedy recovery.

« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2021, 04:59:32 PM »

Also, I hope the move to assisted living was a good one for your friend/neighbor. That's never an easy decision.

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2021, 05:33:20 PM »

Also, I hope the move to assisted living was a good one for your friend/neighbor. That's never an easy decision.
his son; a banker/realtor, checked a few places out. took his dad on a tour, and left the decision to his dad. I call the old man every few days. he sounds happy.

« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2021, 06:31:46 PM »

That Moderna vaccine makes a nasty bruise.  Sheesh.
Must have been a bad stick.  Shouldn't cause a bruise.  Sorness yes, bruise, no.
Possibly, although bruising is a listed potential side effect.  I also got a mild, non-itchy rash.
Smart to blame the vaccine. I think your wife will buy it.
I think she's getting suspicious about me having several nurses around though...
You should have gone to med school.
My mom tried to convince me from an early age to become a doctor.  From an early age, the thought of dealing with other people's ickiness repelled me.  Zero interest in medicine.  Ever.  Don't even regret the decision now.
Ironically enough, my grandma always wanted me to be a preacher, despite not being very religious herself. She had a picture of me on her table near the front window, and whenever the sun hit it just right, she'd hope that was me getting the calling.

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2021, 07:06:10 PM »

[...]
That's a fun story.

« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2021, 07:11:59 PM »

I wanted to own/operate an ice cream truck when I was a kid. If you didn't know better you'd guess I fulfilled my dreams from the look of it.

« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2021, 08:00:53 PM »

I wanted to own/operate an ice cream truck when I was a kid. If you didn't know better you'd guess I fulfilled my dreams from the look of it.
I worked at Carvel for two years, close enough.

« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2021, 08:01:40 PM »

I wanted to own/operate an ice cream truck when I was a kid. If you didn't know better you'd guess I fulfilled my dreams from the look of it.
You should just tell people who don't know you that it IS what you do for a living.

« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2021, 08:02:04 PM »

Shifting from MorningDean to EveningDean.
Glad you stopped in.

« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2021, 08:05:12 PM »

I wanted to own/operate an ice cream truck when I was a kid. If you didn't know better you'd guess I fulfilled my dreams from the look of it.
You should just tell people who don't know you that it IS what you do for a living.
Here ya go Tony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okjoBYM1dZs

« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2021, 08:06:49 PM »

Into the evening.

« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2021, 08:37:56 PM »

I wanted to own/operate an ice cream truck when I was a kid. If you didn't know better you'd guess I fulfilled my dreams from the look of it.
You should just tell people who don't know you that it IS what you do for a living.
Here ya go Tony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okjoBYM1dZs
And there's your benefits package.
Logged