Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2021, 02:35:57 PM »

Ten years ago: Yemen’s embattled president, Ali Abdullah Saleh (AH’-lee ahb-DUH’-luh sah-LEH’), agreed to a proposal by Gulf Arab mediators to step down within 30 days and hand power to his deputy in exchange for immunity from prosecution. (Saleh ended up leaving office in Feb. 2012.) Former Sony Corp. president and chairman Norio Ohga, credited with developing the compact disc, died in Tokyo at age 81.

Five years ago: A confident Donald Trump told supporters in Bridgeport, Connecticut, that he was not changing his pitch to voters, a day after his chief adviser assured Republican officials their party’s front-runner would show more restraint while campaigning. Britain marked the 400th anniversary of the death of William Shakespeare with parades, church services and stage performances; President Barack Obama took a break from political talks in London to tour the Globe Theatre, a re-creation of the venue where many of the Bard’s plays were first performed.

One year ago: New data showed unemployment in the U.S. swelling to levels last seen during the Great Depression of the 1930s, with 1 in 6 American workers thrown out of a job by the coronavirus; more than 4.4 million laid-off workers had applied for unemployment benefits in the preceding week. At a White House briefing, President Donald Trump noted that researchers were looking at the effects of disinfectants on the coronavirus, and wondered aloud whether they could be injected into people. Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden told an online fundraiser that Trump’s efforts to block emergency funding for the U.S. Postal Service showed that Trump was trying to “undermine” the election and make it harder for Americans to vote by mail. In an NFL draft conducted remotely due to the coronavirus, the Cincinnati Bengals chose LSU quarterback Joe Burrow as the first pick.

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2021, 02:39:38 PM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Alan Oppenheimer is 91.
Actor David Birney is 82.
Actor Lee Majors is 82.
Hockey Hall of Famer Tony Esposito is 78.
Irish nationalist Bernadette Devlin McAliskey is 74.
Actor Blair Brown is 74.
Writer-director Paul Brickman is 72.
Actor Joyce DeWitt is 72.
Actor James Russo is 68.
Filmmaker-author Michael Moore is 67.
Actor Judy Davis is 66.
Actor Valerie Bertinelli is 61.
Actor Craig Sheffer is 61.
Actor-comedian-talk show host George Lopez is 60.
U.S. Olympic gold medal skier Donna Weinbrecht is 56.
Actor Melina Kanakaredes (kah-nah-KAH’-ree-deez) is 54.
Rock musician Stan Frazier (Sugar Ray) is 53.
Actor Scott Bairstow (BEHR’-stow) is 51.
Actor-writer John Lutz is 48.
Actor Barry Watson is 47.
Rock musician Aaron Dessner (The National) is 45.
Rock musician Bryce Dessner (The National) is 45.
Professional wrestler/actor John Cena is 44.
Actor-writer-comedian John Oliver is 44.
Actor Kal Penn is 44.
Retired MLB All-Star Andruw Jones is 44.
Actor Jaime King is 42.
Pop singer Taio (TY’-oh) Cruz is 38.
Actor Aaron Hill is 38. Actor Jesse Lee Soffer is 37.
Actor Rachel Skarsten is 36.
Rock musician Anthony LaMarca (The War on Drugs) is 34.
Singer-songwriter John Fullbright is 33.
Actor Dev Patel (puh-TEHL’) is 31.
Actor Matthew Underwood is 31.
Model Gigi Hadid is 26.
Rock musicians Jake and Josh Kiszka (Greta Van Fleet) are 25.
Actor Charlie Rowe (TV: “Salvation”) is 25.
Tennis player Ashleigh Barty is 25.
U.S. Olympic gold medal snowboarder Chloe Kim is 21.

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2021, 02:40:56 PM »

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2021, 02:42:20 PM »

Not a great price, but decent at the Sis.

AJ Fernandez Rosa De Guadalupe Toro
Toro (6.2"x54)
Pack of 10
$44.99

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2021, 02:43:02 PM »

now this is what I call a birthday presnt. I love my kids.
That is very nice.

« Reply #80 on: April 23, 2021, 02:44:55 PM »

Reward for straightening up the humans.
Good afternoon, ClemsonDave.

« Reply #81 on: April 23, 2021, 02:54:42 PM »

heading here for dinner tonight: https://codysoriginalroadhouse.com/phone/menu.html
If you get the steak, just don't go well done. Cause that's some commie shit right there.
medium rare only when I cook them.

« Reply #82 on: April 23, 2021, 02:55:26 PM »

Reward for straightening up the humans.
hi Dave.

« Reply #83 on: April 23, 2021, 02:56:25 PM »

heading here for dinner tonight: https://codysoriginalroadhouse.com/phone/menu.html
Are you going with the prime rib?
probably not. haven't decided yet. will let you know tomorrow.

« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2021, 03:24:57 PM »

heading here for dinner tonight: https://codysoriginalroadhouse.com/phone/menu.html
Are you going with the prime rib?
probably not. haven't decided yet. will let you know tomorrow.
All of a sudden got a hankering for some chicken fried chicken... ;D

« Reply #85 on: April 23, 2021, 03:25:26 PM »

Good to have you drop in Deano!   ;D

« Reply #86 on: April 23, 2021, 03:36:22 PM »

heading here for dinner tonight: https://codysoriginalroadhouse.com/phone/menu.html
Are you going with the prime rib?
probably not. haven't decided yet. will let you know tomorrow.
I'm counting on it.
Logged

Oyam18

  • El Matador del Banter
Re: 4/23/2021
« Reply #87 on: April 23, 2021, 05:25:46 PM »

now this is what I call a birthday presnt. I love my kids.
nice 👍😋

« Reply #88 on: April 23, 2021, 05:46:11 PM »

heading here for dinner tonight: https://codysoriginalroadhouse.com/phone/menu.html
Are you going with the prime rib?
probably not. haven't decided yet. will let you know tomorrow.
All of a sudden got a hankering for some chicken fried chicken... ;D
All of a sudden I have a hankering for Prime Rib.

« Reply #89 on: April 23, 2021, 06:57:25 PM »

heading here for dinner tonight: https://codysoriginalroadhouse.com/phone/menu.html
Are you going with the prime rib?
probably not. haven't decided yet. will let you know tomorrow.
All of a sudden got a hankering for some chicken fried chicken... ;D
All of a sudden I have a hankering for Prime Rib.

All of a sudden I have a hankering for someone else to do the damn cooking.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8