Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2021, 01:29:24 PM »

heading here for dinner tonight: https://codysoriginalroadhouse.com/phone/menu.html
If you get the steak, just don't go well done. Cause that's some commie shit right there.

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2021, 01:39:41 PM »

1 year ago today. #PayHomage
When you read it like that I'm almost certain now that he was just speaking metaphorically.
Certainly reads like the rantings of a mad man to me. It's stream of consciousness, but for idiots.
It's the ranting of a social incompetent.  It compares favorably to a number of perplexing mumbles by Biden on the campaign trail, and does less harm than Biden's policies.  But we won't quibble.  When an otherwise intelligent guy sets himself up like that, he gets what's coming.
Fair enough. When someone runs for office, they set themselves up to be scrutinized to a ridiculous degree. At least in this country.
Some would consider that a positive vital sign for a healthy republic.  Europe has yet to recover from the shock of the war.  They've been on cruise control since we rebuilt the joint...which is probably a safe strategy for them.  When Europe has a political pulse, bad things happen.
To a degree, I would agree scrutinizing is healthy. IMFO, we go way beyond what is healthy. But maybe that's just me.
Sez you when it's your guy in the oval.

Sauce for gooses is sauce for ganders, as they say.  Let's scrutinize!  We need a special prosecutor for Hunter Biden.
Nah, it was the case when Drumpf held the office, too. I'm not saying we shouldn't scrutinize, we should. But when it goes beyond nitpicking, that's when it's just exhausting. CNN did it for 4 years, Fox News did it for the previous 8, and now the last 3 months. It's why a lot of people simply don't watch the news anymore. Because it's always the same thing, the only part that changes is which side is doing the defending and which side is doing the nitpicking.
People didn't stop watching the news, they just started getting it from Facebook - which is as accurate as anything any of the broadcast networks put out there, and the networks have become indistinguishably ridiculous, so...we aren't surprised.

The Newz has never been fair, balanced, or objective.  That's just a lie that media tried to foist on consumers.  People began to think it was true at the advent of television because Ed Murrow was a pretty good salesman and they thought they could believe their own eyes.  Then the internet came along and everyone realized that the Big Four networks and the Big Two Newspapers were as full of shit as everybody else, so now it's just a free-for-all.

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2021, 01:54:56 PM »

[...]

I would argue that is WHY people now get their news on FB, Twitter or Instagram. Because they don't want to get riled up for an hour, watching a station either bash their guy, or wonder why the other network is bashing their guy.

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2021, 02:07:02 PM »

now this is what I call a birthday presnt. I love my kids.

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2021, 02:07:09 PM »

[...]

People like being riled up.  It's why media came into existence in the first place.  I'd submit that what Facebook offers people is something that print and broadcast news can't - an immediate ability to respond, and the illusion that they are right because people agree with them.

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2021, 02:14:09 PM »

Speaking of politics: :D :D

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/att/cm/caitlyn-jenner-files-paperwork-run-133055674.html
I'm assuming she's running as a republican? I couldn't bother to read the whole thing.
I avoided clicking on it altogether.  I appreciate that the name was in the link, so I knew not to click.

It's not that I'm transphobic.  I just despise fame whores.
#FameWhorePhobic

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2021, 02:14:35 PM »

now this is what I call a birthday presnt. I love my kids.
Looks like quite the feast in your future.

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2021, 02:15:24 PM »

I'm trying unsuccessfully to recall when I crossed over the 12K posts mark.  Somehow I don't think I've managed to stay on pace to cross 13K a year later.  I have 118 to go.
Wish I could easily tell but I can't. I'd have to literally count and that ain't happening.

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2021, 02:18:32 PM »

Reward for straightening up the humans.

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2021, 02:22:31 PM »

Busy morning.  See you guys managed just fine without me.

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2021, 02:22:53 PM »

Reward for straightening up the humans.
I feel like that description needs some elaboration, but as it's hazzuh time, I'll have to find out what it is later.

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2021, 02:22:56 PM »

Let me peruse earlier posts so I'm not redundant.

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »

Joe's offering Diesel Uncuts at a fairly decent price.
Do prefer the connies however.

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2021, 02:32:58 PM »

now this is what I call a birthday presnt. I love my kids.
Very nice, but there is no coffee or cigars...

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2021, 02:34:53 PM »

Today is Friday, April 23, the 113th day of 2021.
There are 252 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On April 23, 1969, Sirhan Sirhan was sentenced to death for assassinating New York Sen. Robert F. Kennedy. (The sentence was later reduced to life imprisonment.)

On this date:

In 1616 (Old Style calendar), English poet and dramatist William Shakespeare died in Stratford-upon-Avon on what has traditionally been regarded as the 52nd anniversary of his birth in 1564.

In 1789, President-elect George Washington and his wife, Martha, moved into the first executive mansion, the Franklin House, in New York.

In 1898, Spain declared war on the United States, which responded in kind two days later.

In 1940, about 200 people died in the Rhythm Night Club Fire in Natchez, Mississippi.

In 1943, U.S. Navy Lt. (jg) John F. Kennedy assumed command of PT-109, a motor torpedo boat, in the Solomon Islands during World War II. (On Aug. 2, 1943, PT-109 was rammed and sunk by a Japanese destroyer, killing two crew members; Kennedy and 10 others survived.)

In 1954, Hank Aaron of the Milwaukee Braves hit the first of his 755 major-league home runs in a game against the St. Louis Cardinals. (The Braves won, 7-5.)

In 1987, 28 construction workers were killed when an apartment complex being built in Bridgeport, Connecticut, suddenly collapsed.

In 1988, a federal ban on smoking during domestic airline flights of two hours or less went into effect.

In 1993, labor leader Cesar Chavez died in San Luis, Arizona, at age 66.

In 1996, a civil court jury in The Bronx, New York, ordered Bernhard Goetz (bur-NAHRD’ gehts) to pay $43 million to Darrell Cabey, one of four young men he’d shot on a subway car in 1984.

In 1998, James Earl Ray, who confessed to assassinating the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and then insisted he’d been framed, died at a Nashville, Tennessee, hospital at age 70.

In 2005, the recently created video-sharing website YouTube uploaded its first clip, “Me at the Zoo,” which showed YouTube co-founder Jawed Karim standing in front of an elephant enclosure at the San Diego Zoo.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8