CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: 4/23/2021  (Read 5199 times)

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
Re: 4/23/2021
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2021, 11:52:38 AM »

1 year ago today. #PayHomage
When you read it like that I'm almost certain now that he was just speaking metaphorically.
Certainly reads like the rantings of a mad man to me. It's stream of consciousness, but for idiots.
It's the ranting of a social incompetent.  It compares favorably to a number of perplexing mumbles by Biden on the campaign trail, and does less harm than Biden's policies.  But we won't quibble.  When an otherwise intelligent guy sets himself up like that, he gets what's coming.
Fair enough. When someone runs for office, they set themselves up to be scrutinized to a ridiculous degree. At least in this country.
Some would consider that a positive vital sign for a healthy republic.  Europe has yet to recover from the shock of the war.  They've been on cruise control since we rebuilt the joint...which is probably a safe strategy for them.  When Europe has a political pulse, bad things happen.
To a degree, I would agree scrutinizing is healthy. IMFO, we go way beyond what is healthy. But maybe that's just me.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2021, 11:53:31 AM »

good morning Tony and Dave. no word on my surgery yet, and I'm getting a fuckit attitude so I ordered some cigars from the Page the other day. may no be what the doctor ordered but he's not doing much good for me so what the hell.
Oh my God...look what the cat drug in.  Deano!
Looks like he pulled a Scott and did the one post and run.
nope. had to take the widow lady to the doctor.

my birthday present arrived. I remember liking the Indios years ago, thought I'd try them again; and you can't go wrong with anything AJ.
That AJ sampler looks pretty tasty.

Also, is this the original widow, or have you stumbled across another?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2021, 11:58:26 AM »

good morning Tony and Dave. no word on my surgery yet, and I'm getting a fuckit attitude so I ordered some cigars from the Page the other day. may no be what the doctor ordered but he's not doing much good for me so what the hell.
hobbling is more like it. hi RazMan.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #48 on: April 23, 2021, 11:59:38 AM »

my birthday present arrived. I remember liking the Indios years ago, thought I'd try them again; and you can't go wrong with anything AJ.

same old same old.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #49 on: April 23, 2021, 12:00:38 PM »

I'm trying unsuccessfully to recall when I crossed over the 12K posts mark.  Somehow I don't think I've managed to stay on pace to cross 13K a year later.  I have 118 to go.
just keep posting.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #50 on: April 23, 2021, 12:02:52 PM »

When you read it like that I'm almost certain now that he was just speaking metaphorically.
Certainly reads like the rantings of a mad man to me. It's stream of consciousness, but for idiots.
It's the ranting of a social incompetent.  It compares favorably to a number of perplexing mumbles by Biden on the campaign trail, and does less harm than Biden's policies.  But we won't quibble.  When an otherwise intelligent guy sets himself up like that, he gets what's coming.
Fair enough. When someone runs for office, they set themselves up to be scrutinized to a ridiculous degree. At least in this country.
Some would consider that a positive vital sign for a healthy republic.  Europe has yet to recover from the shock of the war.  They've been on cruise control since we rebuilt the joint...which is probably a safe strategy for them.  When Europe has a political pulse, bad things happen.
To a degree, I would agree scrutinizing is healthy. IMFO, we go way beyond what is healthy. But maybe that's just me.
Sez you when it's your guy in the oval. 

Sauce for gooses is sauce for ganders, as they say.  Let's scrutinize!  We need a special prosecutor for Hunter Biden.

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #51 on: April 23, 2021, 12:03:31 PM »

hobbling is more like it. hi RazMan.
We've missed you, Deano.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #52 on: April 23, 2021, 12:08:40 PM »

Sauce for gooses is sauce for ganders, as they say.  Let's scrutinize!  We need a special prosecutor for Hunter Biden.
if they would treat all politicians like any other job applicant and give them a strict probation period where you could get rid of them when they don't perform ..... ot like Lincoln said, "you can't please all the people ....."

razgueado

• Founding Member
  • Esteemed Status
  • KG7OCA
« Reply #53 on: April 23, 2021, 12:12:09 PM »

if they would treat all politicians like any other job applicant and give them a strict probation period where you could get rid of them when they don't perform ..... ot like Lincoln said, "you can't please all the people ....."
I say we kill them if they don't pass the probie period.  It'd give them an incentive. 

And there's a simple qualification we could apply.  Anyone who wants the job is disqualified and shot. 

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #54 on: April 23, 2021, 12:28:08 PM »

I say we kill them if they don't pass the probie period.  It'd give them an incentive. 

And there's a simple qualification we could apply.  Anyone who wants the job is disqualified and shot.
I like that idea.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2021, 01:06:40 PM »

Nah, it was the case when Drumpf held the office, too. I'm not saying we shouldn't scrutinize, we should. But when it goes beyond nitpicking, that's when it's just exhausting. CNN did it for 4 years, Fox News did it for the previous 8, and now the last 3 months. It's why a lot of people simply don't watch the news anymore. Because it's always the same thing, the only part that changes is which side is doing the defending and which side is doing the nitpicking.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2021, 01:08:59 PM »

same old same old.
Sometimes what's comfortable is what we like to go back to. It's the whole reason Biden got the democratic nomination. :D

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #57 on: April 23, 2021, 01:13:28 PM »

same old same old.
Sometimes what's comfortable is what we like to go back to. It's the whole reason Biden got the democratic nomination. :D
you mean Harris right?

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #58 on: April 23, 2021, 01:15:48 PM »

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #59 on: April 23, 2021, 01:27:14 PM »

same old same old.
you mean Harris right?
No, I mean Biden. Did your ballot say President Harris, cause if it did, that might be the smoking gun Drumpf has been searching for the last 5 months. ;)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8