CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on April 22, 2021, 12:30:07 AM

Title: 4/22/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on April 22, 2021, 12:30:07 AM
What's up cigar enthusiasts?  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 05:18:16 AM
Here we are again.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 05:22:35 AM
We had another nice day yesterday. I believe it was in the mid 60s. Was supposed to rain a lot but we only got some scattered showers.

Just got an alert that snow will be starting in 20 minutes. I blame LTG for this!
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 22, 2021, 05:52:41 AM
We had another nice day yesterday. I believe it was in the mid 60s. Was supposed to rain a lot but we only got some scattered showers.

Just got an alert that snow will be starting in 20 minutes. I blame LTG for this!
And rightfully so!
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 22, 2021, 07:05:06 AM
And today is Earth Day. Apparently, we forgot to get Mother Earth anything, and she's being all passive aggressive about it. Or really aggressive, depending on your opinion of snow.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 07:26:56 AM
We had another nice day yesterday. I believe it was in the mid 60s. Was supposed to rain a lot but we only got some scattered showers.

Just got an alert that snow will be starting in 20 minutes. I blame LTG for this!
And rightfully so!
I missed it. The snow fall lasted less than the time it took me to post about it.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 07:28:38 AM
And today is Earth Day. Apparently, we forgot to get Mother Earth anything, and she's being all passive aggressive about it. Or really aggressive, depending on your opinion of snow.
I'm always confused whether it's 21st, 22nd, or 23rd. They should just combine it with the 420 celebrations and be done with it.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 22, 2021, 07:52:06 AM
And today is Earth Day. Apparently, we forgot to get Mother Earth anything, and she's being all passive aggressive about it. Or really aggressive, depending on your opinion of snow.
I'm always confused whether it's 21st, 22nd, or 23rd. They should just combine it with the 420 celebrations and be done with it.
That would be perfect. Celebrate Earth Day by setting fire to a small portion of it!
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 22, 2021, 07:52:44 AM
We had another nice day yesterday. I believe it was in the mid 60s. Was supposed to rain a lot but we only got some scattered showers.

Just got an alert that snow will be starting in 20 minutes. I blame LTG for this!
And rightfully so!
I missed it. The snow fall lasted less than the time it took me to post about it.
Well, that's good news at least. Meanwhile, I still have a couple of inches on the ground. Getting up to 45 today and 58 tomorrow, so at least it'll be gone by the weekend.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 22, 2021, 09:59:34 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 10:24:38 AM
Buenos Dias Tres Caballeros de Banter!
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 10:26:31 AM
CI offering up a good, but not cheapy cheapo cigar today.
Wonder what the price was on Raz's old list.

Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne Epicure (Toro) (6.0"x54)
Pack of 10 / $59.99
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 10:30:07 AM
We had another nice day yesterday. I believe it was in the mid 60s. Was supposed to rain a lot but we only got some scattered showers.

Just got an alert that snow will be starting in 20 minutes. I blame LTG for this!
And rightfully so!
I missed it. The snow fall lasted less than the time it took me to post about it.
Currently snowing at my son's in Mass.  Started out at 36 here, but already up to 52....only going to the mid 60's today.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 22, 2021, 10:34:16 AM
Buenos Dias Tres Caballeros de Banter!
Mas como payasos que caballeros.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 10:36:38 AM
Today is Thursday, April 22, the 112th day of 2021.
There are 253 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On April 22, 2005, Zacarias Moussaoui (zak-uh-REE’-uhs moo-SOW’-ee) pleaded guilty in a federal courtroom outside Washington, D.C. to conspiring with the Sept. 11 hijackers to kill Americans. (Moussaoui is serving a life prison sentence.)

On this date:

In 1864, Congress authorized the use of the phrase “In God We Trust” on U.S. coins.

In 1889, the Oklahoma Land Rush began at noon as thousands of homesteaders staked claims.

In 1898, with the United States and Spain on the verge of war, the U.S. Navy began blockading Cuban ports. Congress authorized creation of the 1st U.S. Volunteer Cavalry, also known as the “Rough Riders.”

In 1915, the first full-scale use of deadly chemicals in warfare took place as German forces unleashed chlorine gas against Allied troops at the start of the Second Battle of Ypres (EE’-preh) in Belgium during World War I; thousands of soldiers are believed to have died.

In 1937, thousands of college students in New York City staged a “peace strike” opposing American entry into another possible world conflict.

In 1952, an atomic test in Nevada became the first nuclear explosion shown on live network television as a 31-kiloton bomb was dropped from a B-50 Superfortress.

In 1954, the publicly televised sessions of the Senate Army-McCarthy hearings began.

In 1970, millions of Americans concerned about the environment observed the first “Earth Day.”

In 1994, Richard M. Nixon, the 37th president of the United States, died at a New York hospital four days after suffering a stroke; he was 81.

In 2000, in a dramatic pre-dawn raid, armed immigration agents seized Elian Gonzalez, the Cuban boy at the center of a custody dispute, from his relatives’ home in Miami; Elian was reunited with his father at Andrews Air Force Base near Washington.

In 2004, Army Ranger Pat Tillman, who’d traded in a multi-million-dollar NFL contract to serve in Afghanistan, was killed by friendly fire; he was 27.

In 2015, a federal judge in Philadelphia approved a settlement agreement expected to cost the NFL $1 billion over 65 years to resolve thousands of concussion lawsuits. A federal appeals court in San Francisco overturned home run leader Barry Bonds’ obstruction of justice conviction, ruling 10-1 that his meandering answer before a grand jury in 2003 was not material to the government’s investigation into illegal steroids distribution.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 10:37:26 AM
Ten years ago: Syrian security forces fired at protesters, killing at least 75 people around the country. A tornado ripped through Lambert-St. Louis International Airport, causing significant damage to the C Concourse.

Five years ago: Leaders from 175 countries signed the Paris Agreement on climate change at the United Nations as the landmark deal took a key step toward entering into force years ahead of schedule.

One year ago: Tyson Foods suspended operations at a pork plant in Waterloo, Iowa, that was blamed for fueling a massive coronavirus outbreak in the region; the plant was critical to the nation’s pork supply. (At least three workers at the plant died after contracting the virus, which infected more than 1,000 other workers there.) Federal officials said two pet cats in New York state had tested positive for the coronavirus, marking the first confirmed cases in companion animals in the United States; the cats had mild respiratory illnesses. The Boston Red Sox were stripped of their second-round pick in the 2020 amateur draft for sign-stealing in 2018; former Red Sox manager Alex Cora was suspended through the 2020 postseason for his role in the Astros’ sign-stealing operation. Actor Shirley Knight, a two-time Oscar nominee, died in Texas at the age of 83.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 22, 2021, 10:39:26 AM
CI offering up a good, but not cheapy cheapo cigar today.
Wonder what the price was on Raz's old list.

Perdomo Reserve 10th Anniversary Champagne Epicure (Toro) (6.0"x54)
Pack of 10 / $59.99
Another day I logged on and forgot to check out the daily deals.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 10:39:39 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Estelle Harris is 93.
Actor Jack Nicholson is 84.
Singer Mel Carter is 82.
Author Janet Evanovich is 78.
Country singer Cleve Francis is 76.
Movie director John Waters is 75.
Singer Peter Frampton is 71.
Rock singer-musician Paul Carrack (Mike and the Mechanics; Squeeze) is 70.
Actor Joseph Bottoms is 67.
Actor Ryan Stiles is 62.
Baseball manager Terry Francona is 62.
Comedian and entertainment executive Byron Allen is 60.
Actor Chris Makepeace is 57.
Rock musician Fletcher Dragge (DRAH’-guh) is 55.
Actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan is 55.
Actor Sheryl Lee is 54.
Actor-talk show host Sherri Shepherd is 54.
Country singer-musician Heath Wright (Ricochet) is 54.
Country singer Kellie Coffey is 50.
Actor Eric Mabius is 50.
Actor Ingo Rademacher (RAH’-deh-mah-ker) is 50.
Rock musician Shavo Odadjian (System of a Down) is 47.
Rock singer-musician Daniel Johns (Silverchair) is 42.
Actor Malcolm Barrett is 41.
Actor Cassidy Freeman is 39.
Actor Michelle Ryan is 37.
Actor Zack Gottsagen is 36.
Actor Amber Heard is 35.
Singer-songwriter BC Jean (Alexander Jean) is 34.
Drummer Tripp Howell (LANCO) is 32.
Rapper/singer Machine Gun Kelly is 31.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 10:40:07 AM
On to page two...check that off the to do list.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 10:45:57 AM
Buenos Dias Tres Caballeros de Banter!
Right back at ya!
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 10:46:21 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Howdy, Bret.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 10:52:28 AM
Buenos Dias Tres Caballeros de Banter!
Mas como payasos que caballeros.
Who are you calling a clown?
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 10:57:11 AM

Today’s Birthdays:

Singer Mel Carter is 82.

Any relation to the late Nell Carter?
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 11:02:00 AM

On to page two...check that off the to do list.

Send birthday card to Machine Gun Kelly

Buy winning lottery ticket
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 22, 2021, 11:09:55 AM
Buenos Dias Tres Caballeros de Banter!
Mas como payasos que caballeros.
Who are you calling a clown?
Anybody named Dave.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 11:10:49 AM
Buenos Dias Tres Caballeros de Banter!
Mas como payasos que caballeros.
Who are you calling a clown?
Anybody named Dave.
Thems is fighting words!
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 22, 2021, 11:29:39 AM
Buenos Dias Tres Caballeros de Banter!
Mas como payasos que caballeros.
Who are you calling a clown?
Anybody named Dave.
Fair.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 11:32:49 AM
Buenos Dias Tres Caballeros de Banter!
Mas como payasos que caballeros.
Who are you calling a clown?
Anybody named Dave.
Thems is fighting words!
Or the simple truth... :P
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 11:34:57 AM
10ers up at the Page.  Prices don't seem quite as good as previous offers (still not bad...)

https://www.cigarpage.com/big-ratings-chart-toppers.html?utm_source=Klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CP-K1-20210422Th4-92-rated-top-25-cigars-of-the-year-blends%20%28Vr94mH%29&_ke=eyJrbF9jb21wYW55X2lkIjogIk13RXhIUCIsICJrbF9lbWFpbCI6ICJkZ3J5ZmZ1ZGRAZ21haWwuY29tIn0%3D
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 11:36:58 AM
@LuvTooGolf: did you read in yesterday's banter that I fixed my dryer. When I went in to replace the thermal fuse, I noticed the drum belt was broken. That's why it wasn't turning on at all.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 11:41:09 AM
Sounds like quite the party... ???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/shooters-fire-more-than-50-bullets-into-a-crowd-in-fort-lauderdale/ar-BB1fkBUZ?ocid=msedgntp
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 11:41:23 AM
And to page 3 we go.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 22, 2021, 11:56:55 AM
@LuvTooGolf: did you read in yesterday's banter that I fixed my dryer. When I went in to replace the thermal fuse, I noticed the drum belt was broken. That's why it wasn't turning on at all.
I did not see that, but that's fantastic news. I salute your handy-ness.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 22, 2021, 11:59:35 AM
Sounds like quite the party... ???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/shooters-fire-more-than-50-bullets-into-a-crowd-in-fort-lauderdale/ar-BB1fkBUZ?ocid=msedgntp
This all seems normal.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 22, 2021, 12:01:24 PM
"Aliens."
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 12:14:27 PM
"Aliens."
I would have thought bigger.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 22, 2021, 12:17:57 PM
"Aliens."
I would have thought bigger.
So did she.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 12:19:20 PM
"Aliens."
I would have thought bigger.
So did she.
You mean TWSS?
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 12:35:26 PM
Sounds like quite the party... ???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/shooters-fire-more-than-50-bullets-into-a-crowd-in-fort-lauderdale/ar-BB1fkBUZ?ocid=msedgntp
That is such a strange story. Don't get me wrong, I would never wish for anyone to get hurt, never mind killed. But all of this gun shooting in a crowded store occurs and there are only a few minor injuries?? That seems very suspicious.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 22, 2021, 01:07:14 PM
Sounds like quite the party... ???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/shooters-fire-more-than-50-bullets-into-a-crowd-in-fort-lauderdale/ar-BB1fkBUZ?ocid=msedgntp
That is such a strange story. Don't get me wrong, I would never wish for anyone to get hurt, never mind killed. But all of this gun shooting in a crowded store occurs and there are only a few minor injuries?? That seems very suspicious.
It's either tinfoil hat material, or proves that not everyone is John Wick.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on April 22, 2021, 01:40:18 PM
Sounds like quite the party... ???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/shooters-fire-more-than-50-bullets-into-a-crowd-in-fort-lauderdale/ar-BB1fkBUZ?ocid=msedgntp
That is such a strange story. Don't get me wrong, I would never wish for anyone to get hurt, never mind killed. But all of this gun shooting in a crowded store occurs and there are only a few minor injuries?? That seems very suspicious.
Probably just some rival gangs making some noise without real intent for injury.  Chances are people at the party know those involved and names will never be shared with the police.  Police knowing this, and with no-one dead,  will drop any inquiry shortly.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on April 22, 2021, 02:08:44 PM
Sounds like quite the party... ???

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/shooters-fire-more-than-50-bullets-into-a-crowd-in-fort-lauderdale/ar-BB1fkBUZ?ocid=msedgntp
That is such a strange story. Don't get me wrong, I would never wish for anyone to get hurt, never mind killed. But all of this gun shooting in a crowded store occurs and there are only a few minor injuries?? That seems very suspicious.
Not terribly.  Greater than 80% of shots in combat are misses, and those are by people with a modicum of training.

Hitting something with a bullet is not as easy as the media and movies make it out to be.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on April 22, 2021, 02:20:49 PM
This, however, is very easy - hazzuh!
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 02:42:38 PM
This, however, is very easy - hazzuh!
TWHS
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 04:12:37 PM
I think I'm ready to flip the site.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on April 22, 2021, 05:53:05 PM
The cigar is actually getting better with time.
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on April 22, 2021, 06:10:16 PM
The cigar is actually getting better with time.
How much time?
Title: Re: 4/22/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on April 22, 2021, 11:47:15 PM
The cigar is actually getting better with time.
How much time?
been about two months.....very pleasant flavors