CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: 5/1/2020  (Read 4202 times)

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
Re: 5/1/2020
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2020, 07:58:16 AM »

Morning Dave, Dean and Tony.
morning Dave.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2020, 08:05:55 AM »

time for water therapy and head off to the drug store.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2020, 08:09:48 AM »

Morning Dave, Dean and Tony.
Good morning, Dave.

bluecollar

• Founding Member
  • Distinguished Status
  • Click the globe below to see my top rated cigars.
    • Click my web link to see my list of top rated cigars...
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2020, 08:26:25 AM »

Stay at home orders extended for us another 4 weeks, until May 29th. Though, some stuff is starting to open up again next week, so I'm not real sure how that all works. Seems contradictory, but what do I know. We're already WFH until at least 6/1, so not much different for me anyways.
I really have no idea what to think anymore. starting to open parks and beaches down here with restrictions. I really have no idea what the hell is going on anymore.
Well, political pressure is mounting to re-open businesses. Drumpf only had the economy to run on in November, and with that in the tank, he's worried about his chances. So he's pressuring states to open while it's still too early to have beaten this thing. And when the second wave hits due to all these openings, we'll probably be back to lockdown again. Meanwhile, over 60,000 people have died in the US, which Drumpf is claiming to be a great personal victory, even though he did almost everything possible to stop the individual governors from making the right decisions about closing up shop, which is what is actually keeping the death toll down.
Did I just log on to CNN?

Threebean

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2020, 08:36:20 AM »

Good morning Daves, Dean, and WFHMayor. 

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2020, 08:36:22 AM »

Stay at home orders extended for us another 4 weeks, until May 29th. Though, some stuff is starting to open up again next week, so I'm not real sure how that all works. Seems contradictory, but what do I know. We're already WFH until at least 6/1, so not much different for me anyways.
I really have no idea what to think anymore. starting to open parks and beaches down here with restrictions. I really have no idea what the hell is going on anymore.
Well, political pressure is mounting to re-open businesses. Drumpf only had the economy to run on in November, and with that in the tank, he's worried about his chances. So he's pressuring states to open while it's still too early to have beaten this thing. And when the second wave hits due to all these openings, we'll probably be back to lockdown again. Meanwhile, over 60,000 people have died in the US, which Drumpf is claiming to be a great personal victory, even though he did almost everything possible to stop the individual governors from making the right decisions about closing up shop, which is what is actually keeping the death toll down.
I don't watch CNN, so I couldn't tell you. Feel free to discuss all the cigar deals that aren't out there. :D

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2020, 08:49:02 AM »

morning Mark.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2020, 08:50:21 AM »

I don't watch CNN, so I couldn't tell you. Feel free to discuss all the cigar deals that aren't out there. :D
the best news is no news.

FloridaDean

• Fondling Member
  • Revered Status
  • oh well.....
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2020, 08:55:47 AM »

All the while, people who are apparently irony-impaired are protesting outside government buildings wearing masks and carrying guns, claiming that their rights are being violated.
Unless of course, you prefer Fox News, in which case, this is all Obama's fault, somehow. Also, Hillary may have emailed the original virus to China, I'm not sure.
Don't forget that Pelosi and Schumer said everything was under control.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2020, 08:55:49 AM »

No, the best news is unbiased news, which is more and more difficult to find these days. And even then, some people would probably call it #fakenews if it disagreed with their position. These people do the same with science, which is far more troubling than anything you might find in the news.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2020, 09:04:45 AM »

No, the best news is unbiased news, which is more and more difficult to find these days. And even then, some people would probably call it #fakenews if it disagreed with their position. These people do the same with science, which is far more troubling than anything you might find in the news.
I do agree that the news is biased. I'm realizing just how much so as I get older.

With all of Italy's defects, I always found that their news was pretty real. Never interested me much but it was real. No sensational bullshit. None of that, we have figured it all out - tune in at 11. No censorship either. If a bomb went off and there is blood, they'll show it. Anyhoo, that's my contribution and now I'll step off the soap box.

Threebean

« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2020, 09:07:45 AM »

Thought for Today: “Anyone who is satisfied to stand still should not complain when others pass him.” [–] Italian proverb.
Good one.  Not fake news.

LuvTooGolf

• Founding Member
  • Banter Elder
  • Believeland!
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2020, 09:09:23 AM »

I do agree that the news is biased. I'm realizing just how much so as I get older.

With all of Italy's defects, I always found that their news was pretty real. Never interested me much but it was real. No sensational bullshit. None of that, we have figured it all out - tune in at 11. No censorship either. If a bomb went off and there is blood, they'll show it. Anyhoo, that's my contribution and now I'll step off the soap box.
I'm not even sure you're noticing it because you're getting older. I just think it's getting worse.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2020, 09:09:56 AM »

Good morning, Mark. How was the traffic light situation today?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2020, 09:11:38 AM »

I'm not even sure you're noticing it because you're getting older. I just think it's getting worse.
I thought that could be the case too. Weren't editorials more clearly specified/labeled when we were kids?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7