CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: 4/16/2015  (Read 29979 times)

South Carolina Redfish

• Coffee At Sunrise 🌄 and Cocktails At Sunset 🌅
  • Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • “Retirement Is Wonderful”
Re: 4/16/2015
« Reply #255 on: April 16, 2015, 05:42:59 PM »

Another SHEESH!
YAS!
Hiya, Mike.
Hiya Antnee.
I'm trying to figure out what to smoke on my way home.  Gotta make the most of the nice days.
I need to give my afternoon patio smoke some planning time too.  Think i will say fuk work and spend the remaining 20 minutes on cigar selection planning

Right now I am trying to decide whether or not to buy these side projects in my cart.
I actually have two side projects with me but I think I'm gonna smoke the Black Crown that I've been threatening to smoke for the last two weeks.
So you recommend Side Projects?
Never smoked one.   ;D  Both recently given to me.
You are a lot of help~! ::)
I have a Little Devil and a Skull Crusher.  Want me to smoke one of those instead of the Black Crown?
You will enjoy it more.
+1.  Dave, you safely ensconced in SC?
Indeed I am.  Long travel day, but fired up my second cigar and third beer.  Then need to start thinking about dinner.
living good, real good, in the south
If only it were permanent.
Ain't that the truth!

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #256 on: April 16, 2015, 05:57:42 PM »

Interesting offer at the Sister

4/9/15 – My Father Elite Seleccion II
Jose Pepin Garcia's tobacco experience in Cuba and deep passion for cigars helped him transform a small boutique operation in Miami into one of the most recognized brands in the cigar industry. Opening the My Father Cigar Factory in Nicaragua in 2009, the Pepin family remains one of the hottest cigar makers around and continues to develop countless top-rated blends. Featured here in this attractive sampler box are seven of his finest blends including the ‘94' rated My Father, ‘93' Rated My Father Le Bijou, and a rare My Father ‘S' Special. Produced in sparing quantities to ensure the utmost quality, these prestigious Nicaraguan blends boast beautiful Habano-Rosado and Oscuro wrappers. Blended with robust Nicaraguan long-fillers, you can count on a medium to full-body with a satisfying, Cuban-esque aroma. For a limited time only, the My Father Elite Seleccion II Sampler Box of 7 is only $39.99!

My Father Elite Seleccion II contains:
3 x My Father Le Bijou Toro (6.0"x52) '93' Rated
3 x My Father Toro (6.0"x56) '94' Rated
1 x My Father S Special (5.0"x50)

MSRP: $78.91
Blitz Price: $39.99

Threebean

« Reply #257 on: April 16, 2015, 05:59:28 PM »

Jericho Hill lit.
Can't go wrong there, thunderstorm stay away.
Sun's out now storms fortunately just grazed my part of town.
Just thunder up here, but looks like you're getting rain now.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #258 on: April 16, 2015, 06:02:09 PM »

Jericho Hill lit.
Can't go wrong there, thunderstorm stay away.
Sun's out now storms fortunately just grazed my part of town.
Just thunder up here, but looks like you're getting rain now.
Little south of me mostly sunny here with some distant thunder.  Warden said storming like hell at her office near the river @ 360.

South Carolina Redfish

• Founding Member
« Reply #259 on: April 16, 2015, 06:20:56 PM »

Magnum Dog came out from under the bed so storm is all clear here, but warden says still storming like hell at her office

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #260 on: April 16, 2015, 09:47:25 PM »

18!

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #261 on: April 16, 2015, 10:12:57 PM »

@Bad Dad:  I've built my share of computers.  There used to be almost weekly computer shows (expos) where you could buy parts for cheap.  50% DOA doesn't sound right to me.  Obviously, if you buy from NewEgg and it's DOA, they'll take it back.  So go for it.
You right, I exaggerated the 50%. But when you read the reviews, there seems to be allot of problems listed by the reviewers.  I used to add the 5 star and 4 star reviews, and if it came to 80 to 90 percent, I could assume that it was a pretty good motherboard.  But now I'm lucky to add them and get a 49 to 60 percent of happy buyers.  Since I don't have any extra parts, there's no way to trouble shoot the problem.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #262 on: April 16, 2015, 10:14:15 PM »

Good afternoon everyone.  Just in case any one is wondering where I am, we only have one computer and it's been just giving us a heck of a time.  It only runs when ever it wants too, and for short periods of time.  Finally it's started giving us hard drive failure problem.  Now I'm trying to back up what I can, and we'll probable buy a new computer before I attempt to replace the hard drive on this one.  I haven't been able to hear out of my right ear for a little over a month now.  The ear doctor said I have fluid behind the ear.  I have one more prescription to try and if that fails then I may have to have a tube put into my ear like they used to do to kids. So no drinking for me, but I may sneak in a cigar.  I'm not sure if you can smoke or not...?  My wife submitted our taxes yesterday on the 15th right before the hard drive failed...  That's about it.
Appreciate the update.  Good luck with the ear.  Hopefully the refund will be large enough for you to buy a new computer for yourself.
I've been saying I wanted to build a computer for some time now.  I actually bought a mid-tower case that unfolds on both side (sort of like airplane wings), with the motherboard mounts on one of the sides for easy access.  I think I have new 600w power supply, and a new Barricuida hard drive.  I just need a motherboard, cpu (GPU or also video card), memory, and Windows Software.  My biggest problem is selecting a motherboard.  Almost every mother board I look at on Newegg, the reviewer are giving them 50% DOA or bad support such as AUSA.  I'm looking for a reliable ATX with 1 or 2 PCI slots.
check out micro center they tend to have better prices or MOBO cpu bundles...
Thanks Flip, and the others with the computer suggestions.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #263 on: April 16, 2015, 10:16:32 PM »

@Bad Dad:  I've built my share of computers.  There used to be almost weekly computer shows (expos) where you could buy parts for cheap.  50% DOA doesn't sound right to me.  Obviously, if you buy from NewEgg and it's DOA, they'll take it back.  So go for it.
You right, I exaggerated the 50%. But when you read the reviews, there seems to be allot of problems listed by the reviewers.  I used to add the 5 star and 4 star reviews, and if it came to 80 to 90 percent, I could assume that it was a pretty good motherboard.  But now I'm lucky to add them and get a 49 to 60 percent of happy buyers.  Since I don't have any extra parts, there's no way to trouble shoot the problem.
It's been quite some time since I built/repaired home pc's.  Someone mentioned Micro Center earlier and that it appears they have them in your area.  I think that's the better way to go.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #264 on: April 16, 2015, 10:23:28 PM »

And with that, I bid you a good night BD.

Bad Dad

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Cigar Tycoon
« Reply #265 on: April 16, 2015, 11:33:10 PM »

And with that, I bid you a good night BD.
I'm heading to bed. Good night all..!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]