Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

And for Raz, page 3.

Over/Under for today is 11
Raz Over/Under is 13
14

10skies offered up at the Page, and for Dave, a free EDC Folding Knife orders $99 and up.
Only if it's dull. :D

Meeting time

Rain has started here, and temps will be falling throughout the day. Below freezing by bedtime. Should turn into quite the mess, I'm guessing. Luckily, the kids have the day off tomorrow to start the long holiday weekend for them.
And the long weekend goes through Monday, when I'll be taking the oldest to get braces.
Ouch, braces! Both for your daughter and your wallet.
I have PTSD from wearing them myself but I have not gone through this yet with any of my kids.
I was actually surprised by the cost, it was far less than I was expecting. A couple of years ago, I switched our dental plan to the HMO option, which was far more cost effective for braces, for whatever reason. It was even the cheaper plan, which is an added bonus. Total for everything, including all appointments until they come off and the retainer afterwards is about $1600. The pandemic put us a bit behind schedule, but we're good to go now.

She, of course, isn't jazzed about it, but that's life. :D
That's not bad at all.

Rain has started here, and temps will be falling throughout the day. Below freezing by bedtime. Should turn into quite the mess, I'm guessing. Luckily, the kids have the day off tomorrow to start the long holiday weekend for them.
And the long weekend goes through Monday, when I'll be taking the oldest to get braces.
Don't they do Invisalign for younger patients?

My understanding is that those invisaligns are for life. Whereas the braces are for a finite period. But I could be full of shit about that.

And for Raz, page 3.
Good morning, ClemsonDave.

Good Vibrations was recorded today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apBWI6xrbLY
It's more correct to say that recording of Good Vibrations started on this day in 1966, when Brian Wilson and the Wrecking Crew cut the instrumental track in its first incarnation. The track wasn't finished until September '66, and the result bore little resemblance to what was put on tape on Feb 17. It is arguably the most expensive pop song ever recorded.

The master tape is now lost.

It truly is a brilliant piece of work.  In terms of musical complexity, nothing the Beatles ever did even came close. And yet for all its complexity, it is completely accessible and became a #1 hit.  Frank Zappa put some compositions together that were more complicated, but they weren't as accessible.

People speak about the Beatles in reverent tones, but they were four guys working with a legendary producer in George Martin, and legendary engineers in Geoff Emerick, Glyn Johns, and Alan Parsons. Brian Wilson was composer, producer, engineer, musical director, and tape cutter.  Mostly alone.  It's no wonder he lost his marbles in the late 60's. Arguably, it took someone in a manic, drugged, and schizoid state to conceive and execute Good Vibrations, while his "band" was fighting him and his dad (and manager) was selling him out.

good morning Tony, Rick, Dave, Dave, and Bret.
been working on the hottub. pump on the left died. pump on the right is backup from my first hottub. hoping everything goes as planned. if not you guys will hear an old man scream.

Hello Raz and Deano.

[...]

That's interesting but I still love the Beatles a lot more than I do the Beach Boys. Just saying.

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor-comedian Barry Humphries (aka “Dame Edna”) is 88.
Actor Christina Pickles is 87.
Football Hall of Famer Jim Brown is 86.
Actor Brenda Fricker is 77.
Actor Becky Ann Baker is 69.
Actor Rene Russo is 68.
Actor Richard Karn is 66.
Actor Lou Diamond Phillips is 60.
Basketball Hall of Famer Michael Jordan is 59.
Actor-comedian Larry, the Cable Guy is 59.
TV personality Rene Syler is 59.
Movie director Michael Bay is 58.
Singer Chante Moore is 55.
Rock musician Timothy J. Mahoney (311) is 52.
Actor Dominic Purcell is 52.
Olympic gold and silver medal skier Tommy Moe is 52.
Actor Denise Richards is 51.
Rock singer-musician Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day) is 50.
Rock musician Taylor Hawkins (Foo Fighters) is 50.
Actor Jerry O’Connell is 48.
Country singer Bryan White is 48.
Actor Kelly Carlson is 46.
Actor Ashton Holmes is 44.
Actor Conrad Ricamora is 43.
Actor Jason Ritter is 42.
TV personality Paris Hilton is 41.
Actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt is 41.
TV host Daphne Oz is 36.
Actor Chord Overstreet is 33.
Singer-songwriter Ed Sheeran is 31.
Actor Meaghan Martin is 30.
Actor Sasha Pieterse is 26.

16

good morning Tony, Rick, Dave, Dave, and Bret.
been working on the hottub. pump on the left died. pump on the right is backup from my first hottub. hoping everything goes as planned. if not you guys will hear an old man scream.
I would have bet the one on the left was the good one. Anyhoo, good luck to you.

[...]

My thoughts exactly. I was expecting $3-4k.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5