CigarBanter

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39

Author Topic: 6/4/2014  (Read 89343 times)

glassken

Re: 6/4/2014
« Reply #300 on: June 04, 2014, 03:16:30 PM »

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • It tastes like a cigar.
« Reply #301 on: June 04, 2014, 03:18:02 PM »

Sheesh.

glassken

« Reply #302 on: June 04, 2014, 03:19:58 PM »

Sheesh.
Will, i read your opinion of the leccia Black a while back. I found it pretty good, maybe not my overall taste profile, though. Perfect burn and draw.

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #303 on: June 04, 2014, 03:22:28 PM »

Sheesh.
Will, i read your opinion of the leccia Black a while back. I found it pretty good, maybe not my overall taste profile, though. Perfect burn and draw.

Ken, I've never smoked a Leccia Black or written a review on one. 

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #304 on: June 04, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »

Afternoon, men.  $78 boxes of V no. 4s at cigarplace.biz.  Discount code wc307.
Afternoon, Will.  Waiting to see if they offer free shipping in the next few days.  Don't need 'em, certainly want 'em.  Same as always.

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Post Whore Extraordinaire
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #305 on: June 04, 2014, 03:32:02 PM »

Hope the day is treating everyone well.  Went outside for a few minutes before to get some coffee and it is hot and humid out there.  Looks like we're into the 2nd season here in tri-state area.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #306 on: June 04, 2014, 03:33:53 PM »

Hope the day is treating everyone well.  Went outside for a few minutes before to get some coffee and it is hot and humid out there.  Looks like we're into the 2nd season here in tri-state area.
Indeed... going about as well as could be hoped for.  Getting warm here, too, but the boy has hockey/skating this evening.  The ice rink feels GOOD!

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #307 on: June 04, 2014, 03:35:31 PM »

Indeed... going about as well as could be hoped for.  Getting warm here, too, but the boy has hockey/skating this evening.  The ice rink feels GOOD!
Mostly outdoor activities going on in my family.  There is always the dance recital which is coming up... Joy!

Wenglish

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
« Reply #308 on: June 04, 2014, 03:35:46 PM »

Afternoon, Will.  Waiting to see if they offer free shipping in the next few days.  Don't need 'em, certainly want 'em.  Same as always.

I always get kick out of reviews for things like the V #4 or other thin RG smokes.  "I prefer larger RG smokes and stuff, but the really good construction and great flavors of the #4 won me over..."  You'd think after enough smaller RG smokes "winning" them over, they'd realize that they just smaller RG smokes.

Alas, people are dumb.  Oh well.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #309 on: June 04, 2014, 03:36:04 PM »

Ken, or Dave... what's the VIP price on the MF La Antiguedads?  Seeing a "direct" price of $100.95/box for the robustos.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/cigars/My-Father-La-Antiguedad.asp?aff=5126

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #310 on: June 04, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »

Mostly outdoor activities going on in my family.  There is always the dance recital which is coming up... Joy!
Good meeting.....had pizza.

DesertRat

• Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • {***}
« Reply #311 on: June 04, 2014, 03:38:52 PM »

Ken, or Dave... what's the VIP price on the MF La Antiguedads?  Seeing a "direct" price of $100.95/box for the robustos.

$95.95.....and they are backordered

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #312 on: June 04, 2014, 03:38:52 PM »

I always get kick out of reviews for things like the V #4 or other thin RG smokes.  "I prefer larger RG smokes and stuff, but the really good construction and great flavors of the #4 won me over..."  You'd think after enough smaller RG smokes "winning" them over, they'd realize that they just smaller RG smokes.

Alas, people are dumb.  Oh well.

Agreed.  And the flip side of the spectrum when people continually bash larger ring gauges but smoke them all the time anyway, and everything is 'good for a larger RG'.  Just admit that ya like them and move along.  No right or wrong way, here.

People just get too stuck on 'value', which they view as most possible tobacco for their money, not the best tasting cigar for their money.

IMO.

No offense.

Additional lines because I can.  Like being able to make posts something other than one large wall of text.

jswaykos

• Founding Member
  • Senior Status
  • Proud to be a BOTL
« Reply #313 on: June 04, 2014, 03:39:34 PM »

$95.95.....and they are backordered

Same as what I'm seeing (backordered).  Thanks, Dave.  Need to grab a couple to try.  I'm intrigued.  Did you order any from TH?

A Friend of Charlie

• Founding Member
  • Proud to be a BotL
    • CigarBanter
« Reply #314 on: June 04, 2014, 03:44:04 PM »

Good meeting.....had pizza.
That does sound like a good meeting.  They don't even offer coffee anymore, even if they schedule the meetings during "lunch" which happens often.  Budget cuts and all.  Sheesh.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 39