jswaykos

« Reply #240 on: June 04, 2014, 12:46:27 PM »

My 120 quart cooler was 50 bucks at Wal-Mart. Helps maintain temps too if you're having a problem with it like I am. Forced to put my sticks in the garage...
That's a goddamn shame, I'm in the basement, one step away from the garage
I'd put them in the basement if we had those in California. With the warden pregnant, I'm one step away from storing them outside, and me with them. Her nose is starting to hate me.
Oh, man, been there.  Found out she was pregnant a couple days after she almost threw up at the smell of my cigar smoke.  Never really bothered here before then.  I've shared the story of how I got my cabinet on the banter and I'll share it again (once), here.  We were cleaning the huge walk-in closet in the game/guest/whatever room before turning it in to a nursery for my daughter.  Had all sorts of tupperwares and wine fridges and humidors full of cigars all over the place.  Wife wanted them all in one place.   I said that's possible, but I'd need a bigger cabinet or something to do that.  "I don't care what it takes, put them in ONE place".  OK, but they're not chea... "JUST DO IT."  Pregnant brain.  One of the few times I 'won' anything in that 9 months of hell.  Cabinet ordered before she changed her mind 20 minutes later.  Showed up in a FedEx Freight truck.  WTF?????? What did you order??  "Remember that cabinet you OK'd??"

Sucker.

« Reply #241 on: June 04, 2014, 12:47:45 PM »

My 120 quart cooler was 50 bucks at Wal-Mart. Helps maintain temps too if you're having a problem with it like I am. Forced to put my sticks in the garage...
That's a goddamn shame, I'm in the basement, one step away from the garage
I'd put them in the basement if we had those in California. With the warden pregnant, I'm one step away from storing them outside, and me with them. Her nose is starting to hate me.
Ahh, tough times for the male in the relationship. Not to minimize the wive's physical and emotional struggles but we have to put up with them and put up with a lot of shit during the whole process.
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/4/2014
« Reply #242 on: June 04, 2014, 12:51:28 PM »

Just checked my CI shopping cart... all my 'saves' show out of stock. =(
Can only ride that wave so far
Mine went OoS about a week after the Jam....I've seen guys keep stuff in there a month or more.

I think just keeping it in the cart has been better. I just 'save' the stuff I'm not getting at that point until later. Then put it back into the cart after the purchase... Guess I was still pissed about the PF's and forgot.
Huh?
I wasn't the only one then..... :o
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/4/2014
« Reply #243 on: June 04, 2014, 12:51:46 PM »

[...]

. Hahaha, the only way I'd get away with that is if it had an attached changing table. Congrats on making the dream come true.
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/4/2014
« Reply #244 on: June 04, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »

My 120 quart cooler was 50 bucks at Wal-Mart. Helps maintain temps too if you're having a problem with it like I am. Forced to put my sticks in the garage...
That's a goddamn shame, I'm in the basement, one step away from the garage
I'd put them in the basement if we had those in California. With the warden pregnant, I'm one step away from storing them outside, and me with them. Her nose is starting to hate me.
Ahh, tough times for the male in the relationship. Not to minimize the wive's physical and emotional struggles but we have to put up with them and put up with a lot of shit during the whole process.
shit at home. Shit at work. Here here.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #245 on: June 04, 2014, 12:53:19 PM »

[...]

Where in California are you?  Feel like I've asked and been told before but I can't remember.  Up north?
Logged

ImNotBlackImMaduro

  • Founding Member
  • Newbie Status
  • My horn can pierce the sky!
Re: 6/4/2014
« Reply #246 on: June 04, 2014, 12:55:37 PM »

[...]

I was in Orange county before. Been up in Vallejo for about a year now following a job. You're in SD, right?
Logged

DesertRat

  • Founding Member
  • Associate Status
  • **
  • {***}
Re: 6/4/2014
« Reply #247 on: June 04, 2014, 12:56:06 PM »

What's the story on the Rm101 "Big Payback"? J.R has the robustos for $5 a stick. Or a 7x70 for $7, if thats the way you roll....

« Reply #248 on: June 04, 2014, 12:56:37 PM »

Just checked my CI shopping cart... all my 'saves' show out of stock. =(
Can only ride that wave so far
Mine went OoS about a week after the Jam....I've seen guys keep stuff in there a month or more.

I think just keeping it in the cart has been better. I just 'save' the stuff I'm not getting at that point until later. Then put it back into the cart after the purchase... Guess I was still pissed about the PF's and forgot.
Huh?
I wasn't the only one then..... :o
Oh thank god, I was starting to think I was
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #249 on: June 04, 2014, 12:57:21 PM »

I was in Orange county before. Been up in Vallejo for about a year now following a job. You're in SD, right?
[/quote]

Yep.  I could see us ending up somewhere between Monterey and San Jose within the next 2-3 years, though.  Wife's family all up there, really nice area.  Be damn near impossible to want to leave San Diego but ya never know.

« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2014, 12:58:05 PM »

What's the story on the Rm101 "Big Payback"? J.R has the robustos for $5 a stick. Or a 7x70 for $7, if thats the way you roll....
I read about those awhile back on Halfwheel but forgot to post about them, eerily similar sounding concept to the Tattoo
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #251 on: June 04, 2014, 12:58:33 PM »

What's the story on the Rm101 "Big Payback"? J.R has the robustos for $5 a stick. Or a 7x70 for $7, if thats the way you roll....
No clue, sounds like a question for NJ/Traveling Dave.
Logged

jswaykos

« Reply #252 on: June 04, 2014, 12:59:17 PM »

What's the story on the Rm101 "Big Payback"? J.R has the robustos for $5 a stick. Or a 7x70 for $7, if thats the way you roll....
I read about those awhile back on Halfwheel but forgot to post about them, eerily similar sounding concept to the Tattoo
And what a let down those Tattoos are, IMO.  Need/want to revisit but the experience from the first doesn't have me excited to do so.

« Reply #253 on: June 04, 2014, 12:59:54 PM »

What's the story on the Rm101 "Big Payback"? J.R has the robustos for $5 a stick. Or a 7x70 for $7, if thats the way you roll....
Can anybody truly be in the "payback" business? The best one I've seen recently is the Nica Rustica and that was accidental IMO
Logged

LSUFAN

  • Geaux Tigers!
Re: 6/4/2014
« Reply #254 on: June 04, 2014, 01:02:27 PM »

Where is Tony at?  He really has been keeping his eye on us the last three days.