Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2021, 11:28:21 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hello, Raz. Tell us something new.
Also, my Les Paul rocks.  But that's not new.
But most important.

« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2021, 11:35:25 AM »

Lots of posting recently……just the same 4 guys?
And an occasional guest appearance by Oy or Dean.
Glad you showed up so the banter wasn't without a Dave, as my half day is just about up. Hazzuh!
Sounds like a half of a half day...what, do you have to go for a couple of shots of courage before the chair?
When you start at 6, working until 10 IS a half day, ya smart ass.

« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2021, 11:45:35 AM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hello, Raz. Tell us something new.
Also, my Les Paul rocks.  But that's not new.
But most important.
I agree. The fact I can most appreciate.

« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2021, 11:47:17 AM »

I made a run to Portland on Sunday afternoon, to visit an old friend and evaluate a new guitar processor he has.  When I got home about midnight, I saw a notice that I had a message from someone on FamilySearch.  FamilySearch is a genealogy website run by the Mormons, that some members of my family track our family tree on, and to which I've contributed some family info.  So, I pop out to see who's messaging me, and it's some lady from Portland who tells me she has a Bible that belonged to my paternal great-grandfather's family that contains some inscriptions with family vital data.  She said she thinks the Bible should be returned to my family, which she would be happy to do if I'll cover her expenses for obtaining it.  I'm thinking, "Scam." But I told her to send some pictures.  Then I searched her on the web.  She actually seemed legit.  She makes a hobby of finding old family artifacts with names at antique shows and swap meets and then tracking down families online to return the artifacts to.  Probably makes a tidy side income.  Anyway, the pictures arrived yesterday, and it would appear that the Bible belonged to my great-grandmother Hanna, who died in 1928. How it got from Bottineau county North Dakota to Portland I have no idea.  I sent the lady $50.  We'll see if it's legit.

« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2021, 11:52:13 AM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Actor Darryl Hickman is 90.
Musical conductor Riccardo Muti is 80.
Former Senator and NBA Hall of Famer Bill Bradley is 78.
“Garfield” creator Jim Davis is 76.
Singer Jonathan Edwards is 75.
Actor Linda Kelsey is 75.
TV producer Dick Ebersol is 74.
Actor Sally Struthers is 74.
Rock musician Simon Kirke (Bad Company) is 72.
Rock musician Steve Morse (Deep Purple) is 67.
Former CBS anchorman Scott Pelley is 64.
Alt-country-rock musician Marc Perlman is 60.
Actor Michael Hayden is 58.
Actor Lori Loughlin is 57.
Jazz musician-producer Delfeayo Marsalis is 56.
Former hockey player Garth Snow is 52.
Actor Elizabeth Berkley is 49.
Singer Afroman is 47.
Rock singer Jacoby Shaddix (Papa Roach) is 45.
Actor John David Washington is 37.
Actor Jon Michael Hill is 36.
Actor Dustin Milligan is 36.
Actor Nolan Gerard Funk is 35.
Rapper Soulja Boy is 31.
Pop/rock singer Cher Lloyd (TV: “The X Factor”) is 28.
7 today!

« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2021, 12:05:17 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hello, Raz. Tell us something new.
Also, my Les Paul rocks.  But that's not new.
But most important.
I agree. The fact I can most appreciate.
The problem with having a number of nice instruments is choosing which to use while not wanting to haul more than 3 guitars around.

« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2021, 12:15:20 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hello, Raz. Tell us something new.
Also, my Les Paul rocks.  But that's not new.
But most important.
I agree. The fact I can most appreciate.
The problem with having a number of nice instruments is choosing which to use while not wanting to haul more than 3 guitars around.
First world problems.

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2021, 12:21:42 PM »

[...]
The story is worth $50. I'm sure you've spent $50 on stupider shit. I think that's pretty cool.

« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2021, 12:29:15 PM »

[...]

Not bad for a smallish list.

« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2021, 12:30:06 PM »

Morning, muchachos.
Hello, Raz. Tell us something new.
Also, my Les Paul rocks.  But that's not new.
But most important.
I agree. The fact I can most appreciate.
The problem with having a number of nice instruments is choosing which to use while not wanting to haul more than 3 guitars around.
First world problems.
Yup.

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2021, 12:31:01 PM »

Figment and I are going over to Chris's for dinner tonight.
That is if I go out an do the grocery shopping now...

« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2021, 12:32:18 PM »

[...]

I've heard of Soulja Boy and Papa Roach but didn't count them. Therefore, 49 is the youngest person's age that "I know" on the list.

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2021, 12:35:08 PM »

Scorcher today at the Page.

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2021, 12:36:14 PM »

« Reply #59 on: July 28, 2021, 12:41:56 PM »

I'm sure you've spent $50 on stupider shit. I think that's pretty cool.
I've spent a lot more than $50 on stupider shit.  Hell, given the price of groceries, it costs me about $50 just to take a shit.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6