Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2021, 03:26:10 PM »

My wife decided to have an a/c guy come out last night. She got the recommendation from someone she works with. I spent nearly 4 hours with him while he cleaned and serviced my unit. (Not nearly as fun as it sounds). In the end, he filled it with refrigerant even though I told him there was a leak at the coils in the handler. Then he tried to start it up and it started short cycling. He told me to go out and buy a new capacitor. I successfully replaced the one on the other unit last year. I'm crossing my fingers that this will work. Wish me luck. Otherwise, I threw away about $315 dollars. Waiting for an estimate to replace the coils. That's IF today's operation is a success. I guess it's better than replacing the whole darned thing. Sheesh.

« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2021, 04:13:49 PM »

My wife decided to have an a/c guy come out last night. She got the recommendation from someone she works with. I spent nearly 4 hours with him while he cleaned and serviced my unit. (Not nearly as fun as it sounds). In the end, he filled it with refrigerant even though I told him there was a leak at the coils in the handler. Then he tried to start it up and it started short cycling. He told me to go out and buy a new capacitor. I successfully replaced the one on the other unit last year. I'm crossing my fingers that this will work. Wish me luck. Otherwise, I threw away about $315 dollars. Waiting for an estimate to replace the coils. That's IF today's operation is a success. I guess it's better than replacing the whole darned thing. Sheesh.
This kid didn't instill confidence in me. Sure enough, the short cycling continues. I would have bet it wasn't the capacitor but I don't know shit. Apparently, this kid knew less than me.

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2021, 04:36:13 PM »

[...]
That's a damn shame.

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2021, 04:40:05 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos. Hanging with some of the Holy Smokes crew. Smoking a La Promesa.

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2021, 04:45:41 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos. Hanging with some of the Holy Smokes crew. Smoking a La Promesa.
Looks like a perfect way to wrap the week, enjoy!

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2021, 04:47:46 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos. Hanging with some of the Holy Smokes crew. Smoking a La Promesa.
Looks like a blast.

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2021, 05:02:55 PM »

[...]
A simple Google search shows that the "technician" overcharged the system with refrigerant. Apparently a very amateur move. May be too late and now I'll have to replace the whole fucking thing.  FMTT!

« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2021, 05:04:12 PM »

[...]
The rat bastard.

« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2021, 05:05:47 PM »

Afternoon, muchachos. Hanging with some of the Holy Smokes crew. Smoking a La Promesa.
A much better way to spend the afternoon than futzing with an a/c.

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2021, 06:47:48 PM »

The guy in the light ball cap is the guest of honor - Palmer Holt of Charlotte.

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2021, 06:57:47 PM »

The guy in the light ball cap is the guest of honor - Palmer Holt of Charlotte.
Came a long way to hang with you bastiges.

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2021, 06:58:53 PM »

It's Christmas in July at Melt, so I just finished up half of a baconbaconbaconbaconbaconbacon sammitch, fixing to head out with a smoke shortly.

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2021, 07:55:22 PM »

RB Odyssey

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2021, 07:56:01 PM »

Today’s Birthdays:

Retired Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy is 85.
Actor Ronny Cox is 83.
Actor Larry Manetti is 78.
Rock singer David Essex is 74.
 Singer-songwriter-politician John Hall is 73.
Actor Belinda Montgomery is 71.
Rock musician Blair Thornton (Bachman Turner Overdrive) is 71.
Actor-writer Lydia Cornell is 68.
Actor Woody Harrelson is 60.
Rock musician Martin Gore (Depeche Mode) is 60.
Actor Eriq Lasalle is 59.
Rock musician Yuval Gabay is 58.
Rock musician Slash is 56.
Actor Juan Pope is 54.
Model-actor Stephanie Seymour is 53.
Sen. Raphael Warnock, D-Ga., is 52.
Actor Charisma Carpenter is 51.
R&B singer Sam Watters is 51.
Country singer Alison Krauss is 50.
R&B singer Dalvin DeGrate is 50.
Rock musician Chad Gracey (Live) is 50.
Actor-comedian Marlon Wayans is 49.
Country singer Shannon Brown is 48.
Actor Kathryn Hahn is 48.
Retired MLB All-Star Nomar Garciaparra (NOH’-mar gar-SEE’-ah-par-rah) is 48.
Former White House intern Monica Lewinsky is 48.
Actor Stephanie March is 47.
Actor Shane McRae is 44.
R&B singer Michelle Williams is 41.
Actor Paul Wesley is 39.
Actor Krysta Rodriguez is 37.
Actor Daniel Radcliffe is 32.
Country musician Neil Perry is 31.
Actor Lili Simmons is 28.
Country singer Danielle Bradbery (TV: “The Voice”) is 25.
8!

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2021, 09:32:36 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5