CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on July 22, 2021, 12:08:09 AM

Title: 7/22/2021
Post by: CigarBanter on July 22, 2021, 12:08:09 AM
What's up cigar enthusiasts?  Any cigar deals on the various internet sites that are worth talking about? Join in this discussion and perhaps learn something along the way.  Warning: don't proceed if you have thin skin but don't be afraid to post either...  And welcome aboard!
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 05:58:45 AM
Happy Friday Eve.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 06:20:56 AM
Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 06:24:20 AM
JoeCigar:

Nica Libre Toro (6.0"x54) - 10 / $29.99
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 06:28:50 AM
Cigar.com:

Door #1 - Montecristo Classic Churchill (7.0"x54) - 10 / $59.99

Door #2 - Romeo y Julieta 1875 Nicaragua Toro (6.0"x50) - 10 / $49.99

Door #3 - Gurkha Symphony Toro (6.0"x50) - 5 / $22.50
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 06:33:03 AM
Did they change the look and feel of CI's website or is it just my mobile browser that's screwed up?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 06:46:15 AM
Did they change the look and feel of CI's website or is it just my mobile browser that's screwed up?
It's not you, it's definitely been updated.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 06:46:43 AM
Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 07:07:42 AM
Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
I need a break from the routine. I could use some sleep too. I think they call it vacation.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 07:15:35 AM
Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
I need a break from the routine. I could use some sleep too. I think they call it vacation.
I remember those.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 07:15:50 AM
It's absolutely beautiful outside this morning, here in northern NJ. It's currently about 65° with no humidity. We're expecting a high in the mid 80s.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 07:34:29 AM
It's absolutely beautiful outside this morning, here in northern NJ. It's currently about 65° with no humidity. We're expecting a high in the mid 80s.
Same here. Nice and sunny, have the doors and windows open, just like yesterday.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 07:47:35 AM
Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
Just looked up the girls school info, and at least they don't go back until after Labor Day. So they've still got a fair amount of summer left.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 08:01:49 AM

Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
Just looked up the girls school info, and at least they don't go back until after Labor Day. So they've still got a fair amount of summer left.

My eldest moves into her college dorm at the end of August. The rest of 'em start after Labor Day.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 08:11:22 AM

Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
Just looked up the girls school info, and at least they don't go back until after Labor Day. So they've still got a fair amount of summer left.

My eldest moves into her college dorm at the end of August. The rest of 'em start after Labor Day.
Make sure she has shower sandals!
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2021, 09:04:35 AM

Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
Just looked up the girls school info, and at least they don't go back until after Labor Day. So they've still got a fair amount of summer left.

My eldest moves into her college dorm at the end of August. The rest of 'em start after Labor Day.
Hey Tone, Which college did she choose?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 09:11:07 AM
Morning Tony Dave and Rick.  Happy little Friday!
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 09:20:38 AM
Did they change the look and feel of CI's website or is it just my mobile browser that's screwed up?
Main page is not so different, but Joe's page is significantly different/improved?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 09:22:34 AM
I passed on the opportunitity to register for the Gargantuan Gurkha prize package at CI this morning.  With my luck, I'd win... :-[
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 09:30:29 AM
I passed on the opportunitity to register for the Gargantuan Gurkha prize package at CI this morning.  With my luck, I'd win... :-[
CNS, good call, don't want to risk it.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 09:43:46 AM
With your CI order over $125, be sure to use 25JERKY for your bonus!

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/page/2040349/
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 09:46:22 AM
Today is Thursday, July 22, the 203rd day of 2021.
There are 162 days left in the year.

Today’s Highlight in History:

On July 22, 1862, President Abraham Lincoln presented to his Cabinet a preliminary draft of the Emancipation Proclamation.

On this date:

In 1587, an English colony fated to vanish under mysterious circumstances was established on Roanoke Island off North Carolina.

In 1934, bank robber John Dillinger was shot to death by federal agents outside Chicago’s Biograph Theater, where he had just seen the Clark Gable movie “Manhattan Melodrama.”

In 1937, the U.S. Senate rejected President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s proposal to add more justices to the Supreme Court.

In 1942, the Nazis began transporting Jews from the Warsaw Ghetto to the Treblinka concentration camp. Gasoline rationing involving the use of coupons began along the Atlantic seaboard.

In 1946, the militant Zionist group Irgun blew up a wing of the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, killing 91 people.

In 1963, Sonny Liston knocked out Floyd Patterson in the first round of their rematch in Las Vegas to retain the world heavyweight title.

In 1975, the House of Representatives joined the Senate in voting to restore the American citizenship of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee.

In 1991, police in Milwaukee arrested Jeffrey Dahmer, who later confessed to murdering 17 men and boys (Dahmer ended up being beaten to death by a fellow prison inmate).

In 1992, Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar escaped from his luxury prison near Medellin (meh-deh-YEEN’). (He was slain by security forces in December 1993.)

In 2011, Anders Breivik (AHN’-durs BRAY’-vihk), a self-described “militant nationalist,” massacred 69 people at a Norwegian island youth retreat after detonating a bomb in nearby Oslo that killed eight others in the nation’s worst violence since World War II.

In 2013, the Duchess of Cambridge, the former Kate Middleton, gave birth to a son, Prince George, who became third in line to the British throne after Prince Charles and Prince William.

In 2015, a federal grand jury indictment charged Dylann Roof, the young man accused of killing nine Black church members in Charleston, South Carolina, with 33 counts including hate crimes that made him eligible for the death penalty. (Roof would become the first person sentenced to death for a federal hate crime; he is on death row at a federal prison in Indiana.)
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 09:47:12 AM
Ten years ago: A jury in Cleveland convicted Anthony Sowell of killing 11 poor, drug-addicted women whose remains were found in his home and backyard. (Sowell was later sentenced to death; he died in prison in February 2021.) President Barack Obama formally signed off on ending the ban on gays serving openly in the military.

Five years ago: Democrat Hillary Clinton told supporters in a text message that she had chosen Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine as her vice-presidential running mate. A gunman opened fire at a mall in Munich, Germany, killing nine people before taking his own life. Thomas Sutherland, a teacher who was held captive in Lebanon for more than six years until he was freed in 1991, died in Fort Collins, Colorado, at age 85.

One year ago: The mayor of Portland, Oregon, was among those tear-gassed by U.S. government agents as he appeared outside a federal courthouse during raucous protests; Ted Wheeler and hundreds of others were objecting to the presence of federal police sent by President Donald Trump. Trump announced that he would send federal agents to Chicago and to Albuquerque, New Mexico, to help combat rising crime; the White House said the program would be expanded into Cleveland, Detroit and Milwaukee. California surpassed New York as the state with the highest number of confirmed coronavirus cases. Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser issued an executive order making face masks mandatory outside the home; the order did not apply to “any employees of the federal government while they are on duty.” A tally by The Associated Press found that more than 60 Confederate statues, monuments or markers had been removed from public land across the country since the May 25 death of George Floyd. Twitter said it would crack down on accounts and content related to the far-right conspiracy theory QAnon.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 09:50:41 AM
Today’s Birthdays:

Former Senate Majority Leader Bob Dole, R-Kan., is 98.
Author Tom Robbins is 89.
Actor Louise Fletcher is 87.
R&B singer Chuck Jackson is 84.
Actor Terence Stamp is 83.
Singer George Clinton is 80.
Actor-singer Bobby Sherman is 78.
Former Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, is 78.
Movie writer-director Paul Schrader is 75.
Actor Danny Glover is 75.
Singer Mireille Mathieu is 75.
Actor-comedian-director Albert Brooks is 74.
Rock singer Don Henley is 74.
Movie composer Alan Menken is 72.
Singer-actor Lonette McKee is 68.
Jazz musician Al Di Meola (mee-OH’-lah) is 67.
Actor Willem Dafoe is 66.
Actor John Leguizamo is 61.
R&B singer Keith Sweat is 60.
Actor Joanna Going is 58.
Actor Rob Estes is 58.
Folk singer Emily Saliers (Indigo Girls) is 58.
Actor-comedian David Spade is 57.
Actor Patrick Labyorteaux (LAH’-bor-toh) is 56.
Rock musician Pat Badger is 54.
Actor Irene Bedard is 54.
Actor Rhys Ifans (rees EYE’-fanz) is 54.
Actor Diana Maria Riva is 52.
Actor Colin Ferguson is 49.
Actor/singer Jaime Camil is 48.
Rock musician Daniel Jones is 48.
Singer Rufus Wainwright is 48.
Actor Franka Potente (poh-TEN’-tay) is 47.
Actor Parisa Fitz-Henley is 44.
Actor A.J. Cook is 43.
Actor Keegan Allen is 34.
Actor Camila Banus is 31.
Actor Selena Gomez is 29.
Britain’s Prince George of Cambridge is eight.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 09:57:40 AM
[...]

I think Tony will be in double-digits on this list.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2021, 10:12:57 AM
Morning Tony Dave and Rick.  Happy little Friday!
Good morning Dave.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 10:36:16 AM
Morning Tony Dave and Rick.  Happy little Friday!
Good morning Dave.
Howdy, Rick. Missed seeing you slip in this morning. Glad you're stopping by more often.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 10:46:32 AM

Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
Just looked up the girls school info, and at least they don't go back until after Labor Day. So they've still got a fair amount of summer left.

My eldest moves into her college dorm at the end of August. The rest of 'em start after Labor Day.
Hey Tone, Which college did she choose?
Providence College.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 10:48:31 AM
Good morning, BuffaloRick and ClemsonDave.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 10:49:39 AM
I passed on the opportunitity to register for the Gargantuan Gurkha prize package at CI this morning.  With my luck, I'd win... :-[
I mean, if it's free with your purchase, you can always spread it like mulch in the yard.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 10:49:59 AM
Morning Tony Dave and Rick.  Happy little Friday!
Good morning Dave.
Howdy, Rick. Missed seeing you slip in this morning. Glad you're stopping by more often.
TWSS!
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 10:54:10 AM
Two brown boxes!
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 10:55:09 AM

Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
Just looked up the girls school info, and at least they don't go back until after Labor Day. So they've still got a fair amount of summer left.

My eldest moves into her college dorm at the end of August. The rest of 'em start after Labor Day.
Hey Tone, Which college did she choose?
Providence College.
Thats only about 30/40 minutes from my sons house in Franklin MA.  I usually fly into Providence rather than Boston Logan.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 11:02:40 AM

[...]

13!
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2021, 11:03:20 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 11:04:54 AM
Morning, muchachos.
Hola, Bret.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 11:05:40 AM
I passed on the opportunitity to register for the Gargantuan Gurkha prize package at CI this morning.  With my luck, I'd win... :-[
I mean, if it's free with your purchase, you can always spread it like mulch in the yard.
I think he's talking about the monthly giveaway contest.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 11:06:06 AM
Two brown boxes!
Score!
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 11:06:20 AM

[...]

I had every confidence in you.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2021, 11:08:00 AM
Morning Tony Dave and Rick.  Happy little Friday!
Good morning Dave.
Howdy, Rick. Missed seeing you slip in this morning. Glad you're stopping by more often.
Good morning Daves, Raz, and Tony
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 11:09:14 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2021, 11:17:41 AM
Morning Tony Dave and Rick.  Happy little Friday!
Good morning Dave.
Howdy, Rick. Missed seeing you slip in this morning. Glad you're stopping by more often.
Good morning Daves, Raz, and Tony
Howdy, Rick.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2021, 11:18:33 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 11:33:17 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2021, 11:40:09 AM

Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
Just looked up the girls school info, and at least they don't go back until after Labor Day. So they've still got a fair amount of summer left.

My eldest moves into her college dorm at the end of August. The rest of 'em start after Labor Day.
Hey Tone, Which college did she choose?
Providence College.
Congratulations to her.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 11:41:00 AM
I passed on the opportunitity to register for the Gargantuan Gurkha prize package at CI this morning.  With my luck, I'd win... :-[
I mean, if it's free with your purchase, you can always spread it like mulch in the yard.
I think he's talking about the monthly giveaway contest.
Thats correct.  I'm trying to save what little luck I have left on that  Powerball...
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 11:41:13 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
(https://thumbs.gfycat.com/EnviousRealisticBluetonguelizard-size_restricted.gif)
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 11:42:26 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
Rock Opera?  Now you are dating yourself....when was the last one of those written, the 80's?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2021, 11:54:39 AM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2021, 12:00:13 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
Rock Opera?  Now you are dating yourself....when was the last one of those written, the 80's?
2010, arguably.  "American Idiot" by Green Day...if we're only counting the ones that got any real cultural notice.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 12:00:26 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
If you're looking for someone to play the Judge Smails-based character, I'm in.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 12:03:15 PM
In today's edition of, "The internet never forgets"...

https://news.yahoo.com/cm/oly/olympics-opening-ceremony-director-fired-084100453.html
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 01:37:52 PM

Happy Friday Eve.
I feel like you just said that yesterday. How are we going to slow down the summer?
I wish I knew. It'll be August after next week, that doesn't seem possible.
Just looked up the girls school info, and at least they don't go back until after Labor Day. So they've still got a fair amount of summer left.

My eldest moves into her college dorm at the end of August. The rest of 'em start after Labor Day.
Hey Tone, Which college did she choose?
Providence College.
Congratulations to her.
Danke.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 01:39:11 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 01:45:24 PM
In today's edition of, "The internet never forgets"...

https://news.yahoo.com/cm/oly/olympics-opening-ceremony-director-fired-084100453.html
I am thankful every day that there was no internet, cell phones, etc. during my HS and college.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 01:49:42 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
We can call it simply Tony....by the Who, What, Where's.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 01:55:11 PM
In today's edition of, "The internet never forgets"...

https://news.yahoo.com/cm/oly/olympics-opening-ceremony-director-fired-084100453.html
Too soon?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 01:55:29 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
We can call it simply Tony....by the Who, What, Where's.
Or Mr. Mayor, Superstar....

Maybe Bantrophenia
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2021, 01:55:33 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
It'll open with a a song called "Drive," followed by "That's What She Said."  Then we'll do a rap-metal thing that will sample Pink Floyd's "Have a Cigar."  These will be followed by "Commie Bastard," "Libtards and Snowflakes," "Dirty Old Women," "Florida Man," "Boiler Malfunction," "Dawg Bros," "Freeloaders," and we'll wrap up with "Big Herf at the 19th Hole."
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2021, 01:56:59 PM
In today's edition of, "The internet never forgets"...

https://news.yahoo.com/cm/oly/olympics-opening-ceremony-director-fired-084100453.html
I am thankful every day that there was no internet, cell phones, etc. during my HS and college.
Let's just say that I will NOT be running for public office.  There isn't enough money to hush that many potential bimbo eruptions.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 01:57:37 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
We can call it simply Tony....by the Who, What, Where's.
Or Mr. Mayor, Superstar....

Maybe Bantrophenia
I have a feeling any of these ideas will come with a cease and desist from Mr. Townshend.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 01:59:03 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
It'll open with a a song called "Drive," followed by "That's What She Said."  Then we'll do a rap-metal thing that will sample Pink Floyd's "Have a Cigar."  These will be followed by "Commie Bastard," "Libtards and Snowflakes," "Dirty Old Women," "Florida Man," "Boiler Malfunction," "Dawg Bros," "Freeloaders," and we'll wrap up with "Big Herf at the 19th Hole."
I appreciate that you've been giving this some thought.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2021, 01:59:47 PM
In today's edition of, "The internet never forgets"...

https://news.yahoo.com/cm/oly/olympics-opening-ceremony-director-fired-084100453.html
I am thankful every day that there was no internet, cell phones, etc. during my HS and college.
I had dial up. If someone called the land line you got knocked off. .....and what little internet you had it was s-l-o-w. We disk drive and the disk was actually floppy.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2021, 02:00:42 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
It'll open with a a song called "Drive," followed by "That's What She Said."  Then we'll do a rap-metal thing that will sample Pink Floyd's "Have a Cigar."  These will be followed by "Commie Bastard," "Libtards and Snowflakes," "Dirty Old Women," "Florida Man," "Boiler Malfunction," "Dawg Bros," "Freeloaders," and we'll wrap up with "Big Herf at the 19th Hole."
I appreciate that you've been giving this some thought.
Amuses me while I sit through pointless meetings.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: bluecollar on July 22, 2021, 02:01:37 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
It'll open with a a song called "Drive," followed by "That's What She Said."  Then we'll do a rap-metal thing that will sample Pink Floyd's "Have a Cigar."  These will be followed by "Commie Bastard," "Libtards and Snowflakes," "Dirty Old Women," "Florida Man," "Boiler Malfunction," "Dawg Bros," "Freeloaders," and we'll wrap up with "Big Herf at the 19th Hole."
You can't make this stuff up
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 02:03:52 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
It'll open with a a song called "Drive," followed by "That's What She Said."  Then we'll do a rap-metal thing that will sample Pink Floyd's "Have a Cigar."  These will be followed by "Commie Bastard," "Libtards and Snowflakes," "Dirty Old Women," "Florida Man," "Boiler Malfunction," "Dawg Bros," "Freeloaders," and we'll wrap up with "Big Herf at the 19th Hole."
You can't make this stuff up
I don't know, seems like he's done a pretty good job of it so far.  ;)
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 02:22:47 PM
Hazzuh!
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2021, 02:48:11 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
It'll open with a a song called "Drive," followed by "That's What She Said."  Then we'll do a rap-metal thing that will sample Pink Floyd's "Have a Cigar."  These will be followed by "Commie Bastard," "Libtards and Snowflakes," "Dirty Old Women," "Florida Man," "Boiler Malfunction," "Dawg Bros," "Freeloaders," and we'll wrap up with "Big Herf at the 19th Hole."
You can't make this stuff up
Nah, you gotta steal it.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 03:37:58 PM
Morning Mr. Raz.  Not until page 3 today, sleeping in?
I did, actually.  A little.  Was up late working on music.
Are you writing a rock opera?

Edit: Could there be a Tony character?
When I write a rock opera, I'll make sure to have a wisecracking, cigar smoking character who cooks.

Hmm...a rock opera called "The Big Herf" that takes place on a golf course?
I love how well it's coming together.
It'll open with a a song called "Drive," followed by "That's What She Said."  Then we'll do a rap-metal thing that will sample Pink Floyd's "Have a Cigar."  These will be followed by "Commie Bastard," "Libtards and Snowflakes," "Dirty Old Women," "Florida Man," "Boiler Malfunction," "Dawg Bros," "Freeloaders," and we'll wrap up with "Big Herf at the 19th Hole."
You can't make this stuff up
Nah, you gotta steal it.
It's called sampling. Sheesh.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 03:39:01 PM
First cigar today...sheesh
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 04:14:35 PM
First cigar today...sheesh
You won't meet expectations by the end of the quarter if you keep falling behind like this.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: razgueado on July 22, 2021, 04:49:31 PM
First cigar today...sheesh
You won't meet expectations by the end of the quarter if you keep falling behind like this.
Has he ever met expectations?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Oyam18 on July 22, 2021, 05:40:41 PM
Nice evening
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 06:24:37 PM
First cigar today...sheesh
You won't meet expectations by the end of the quarter if you keep falling behind like this.
Has he ever met expectations?
He usually exceeds them.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 06:25:32 PM
Nice evening
Nice evening, indeed. Howdy, David.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 08:38:52 PM
First cigar today...sheesh
You won't meet expectations by the end of the quarter if you keep falling behind like this.
Has he ever met expectations?
Not even close.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 08:40:10 PM
Nice evening
Good evening Mr. Oy.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 08:42:57 PM
Into the evening.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 08:48:45 PM
First cigar today...sheesh
You won't meet expectations by the end of the quarter if you keep falling behind like this.
Has he ever met expectations?
Not even close.
...at least not on purpose.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 08:54:59 PM
From SBC (for what its worth)

La Aurora/Miami Cigar Company Special!
Starting now until tomorrow at midnight enjoy two tiers on La Aurora/Miami Cigar Company! 25% off with no minimum for both categories or 35% off on orders $150 or more.

Categories

La Aurora
Miami Cigar Company

CODE: LAMCC = 25% off with 5% reward points on La Aurora/Miami Cigar Company with no minimum

CODE: LAMCC150 = 35% off with 5% reward points  on La Aurora/Miami Cigar Company on orders $150 or more
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 09:04:45 PM
Into the evening.
One of my favorites.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 09:16:05 PM
JLP

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210723/ae3acca33be0c7d5c66d55bfb81f27c8.jpg)
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 09:20:53 PM
Rather pricy CLE but I will second the review that is is a fine cigar.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/ratings/22747?utm_campaign=ca_cigarwatch_072221&utm_source=ca_cigarwatch_072221&utm_medium=email&utm_content=6e021e354f266805a6473c7b9fa19141
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 09:24:22 PM
JLP

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210723/ae3acca33be0c7d5c66d55bfb81f27c8.jpg)
Wow. Special occasion?
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 09:26:19 PM
JLP

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210723/ae3acca33be0c7d5c66d55bfb81f27c8.jpg)
Wow. Special occasion?
I'm assuming it's Cuban. Is there a non-Cuban JLP? Only ones I've ever smoked were machine made Cubans but they were perfect for the golf course.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: LuvTooGolf on July 22, 2021, 09:41:42 PM
JLP

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210723/ae3acca33be0c7d5c66d55bfb81f27c8.jpg)
Wow. Special occasion?
I'm assuming it's Cuban. Is there a non-Cuban JLP? Only ones I've ever smoked were machine made Cubans but they were perfect for the golf course.
It is Cuban. No special occasion, just felt like something I haven't had in a while.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: Travellin Dave on July 22, 2021, 09:59:36 PM
After winning the NBA championship, Bucks fired up some Cuban RyJ's

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/milwaukee-bucks-celebrate-nba-finals-victory-with-cigars
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 10:30:17 PM
JLP

(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210723/ae3acca33be0c7d5c66d55bfb81f27c8.jpg)
Wow. Special occasion?
I'm assuming it's Cuban. Is there a non-Cuban JLP? Only ones I've ever smoked were machine made Cubans but they were perfect for the golf course.
It is Cuban. No special occasion, just felt like something I haven't had in a while.
But that one is a hand made and therefore, has to be better than the ones I've smoked.
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 11:49:17 PM
So close...
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 11:51:22 PM
So close...
It would be a shame not to post whore a bit to get us to...
Title: Re: 7/22/2021
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on July 22, 2021, 11:52:20 PM
So close...
It would be a shame not to post whore a bit to get us to...
Page 7!