CigarBanter

Cigar Banter => Daily Cigar Deals Discussion => Topic started by: CigarBanter on March 16, 2019, 12:00:13 AM

Title: 3/16/2019
Post by: CigarBanter on March 16, 2019, 12:00:13 AM
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 05:25:23 AM
Morning Slackers, Hot Cup Of Costa Rican this morning.

Today is Saturday, which means that the only decision that you should be making is whether to have a bottle or a glass of wine.

Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 05:27:40 AM
Crazy-ass weather here!   80 degrees yesterday, 61° now but falling throughout  most of the day reaching the 40’s by evening.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 05:38:55 AM
@ Bean - maybe you could help them out with a few suggestions, here is a hint for them🔥

Austin trying to find the best way to clean up homeless camps
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 16, 2019, 06:17:49 AM
Good morning, SCDave. Similar crazy weather here. It reached low 70s yesterday.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 16, 2019, 06:23:52 AM
On my way to meet up with Charlie. A bunch of guys from his cigar lounge chartered a bus and we're going to CI and Famous today. Don't ask me how they were able to do this but we're being told that smoking and drinking are permitted on the bus.

It's not my name on the contract.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 16, 2019, 06:57:13 AM
Non refundable deposit lull?
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 07:11:57 AM
On my way to meet up with Charlie. A bunch of guys from his cigar lounge chartered a bus and we're going to CI and Famous today. Don't ask me how they were able to do this but we're being told that smoking and driving are permitted on the bus.

It's not my name on the contract.
Sounds like a good time

I hope you meant drinking not driving on the bus😀
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 07:12:33 AM
Non refundable deposit lull?
Walk and feed the dogs Lull.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 16, 2019, 07:21:26 AM
On my way to meet up with Charlie. A bunch of guys from his cigar lounge chartered a bus and we're going to CI and Famous today. Don't ask me how they were able to do this but we're being told that smoking and driving are permitted on the bus.

It's not my name on the contract.
Sounds like a good time

I hope you meant drinking not driving on the bus
Hahaha. Both are actually permitted, but I don't plan to do any of the driving.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 16, 2019, 08:31:04 AM
Obviously, it's not Sunday.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:36:52 AM
Crazy-ass weather here!   80 degrees yesterday, 61° now but falling throughout  most of the day reaching the 40’s by evening.
Yea, not near as pleasant as yesterday....and windy.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:38:02 AM
On my way to meet up with Charlie. A bunch of guys from his cigar lounge chartered a bus and we're going to CI and Famous today. Don't ask me how they were able to do this but we're being told that smoking and drinking are permitted on the bus.

It's not my name on the contract.
Don't ask questions and enjoy Tony!
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:43:41 AM
Today is Saturday, March 16, the 75th day of 2019. There are 290 days left in the year.

Today's Highlights in History:
On March 16, 1521, Portuguese explorer Ferdinand Magellan and his crew reached the Philippines, where Magellan was killed during a battle with natives the following month.

On this date:
In 1802, President Thomas Jefferson signed a measure authorizing the establishment of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, New York.
In 1926, rocket science pioneer Robert H. Goddard successfully tested the first liquid-fueled rocket at his Aunt Effie's farm in Auburn, Massachusetts.
In 1945, during World War II, American forces declared they had secured Iwo Jima, although pockets of Japanese resistance remained.
In 1964, President Lyndon B. Johnson sent Congress the Economic Opportunity Act of 1964 as part of his War on Poverty. (The measure was passed by Congress, and was signed by Johnson in August 1964.)
In 1966, NASA launched Gemini 8 on a mission to rendezvous and dock with Agena, a target vehicle in orbit; although the docking was successful, the joined vehicles began spinning, forcing Gemini to disconnect and abort the flight.
In 1968, the My Lai (mee ly) massacre took place during the Vietnam War as U.S. Army soldiers hunting for Viet Cong fighters and sympathizers killed unarmed villagers in two hamlets of Son My (son mee) village; estimates of the death toll vary from 347 to 504. Senator Robert F. Kennedy of New York announced his candidacy for the Democratic presidential nomination.
In 1984, William Buckley, the CIA station chief in Beirut, was kidnapped by Hezbollah militants (he was tortured by his captors and killed in 1985).
In 1985, Terry Anderson, chief Middle East correspondent for The Associated Press, was abducted in Beirut; he was released in December 1991.
In 1991, a plane carrying seven members of country singer Reba McEntire's band and her tour manager crashed into Otay Mountain in southern California, killing all on board. U.S. skaters Kristi Yamaguchi, Tonya Harding and Nancy Kerrigan swept the World Figure Skating Championships in Munich, Germany.
In 1994, figure skater Tonya Harding pleaded guilty in Portland, Oregon, to conspiracy to hinder prosecution for covering up an attack on rival Nancy Kerrigan, avoiding jail but drawing a $100,000 fine.
In 2003, American activist Rachel Corrie, 23, was crushed to death by an Israeli military bulldozer while trying to block demolition of a Palestinian home in the Gaza Strip.
In 2005, A jury in Los Angeles acquitted actor Robert Blake of murder in the shooting death of his wife, Bonny Lee Bakley, four years earlier. (A civil court jury later ordered Blake to pay Bakley's four children $30 million, an award that an appeals court subsequently cut in half; Blake declared bankruptcy.) A judge in Redwood City, California, sent Scott Peterson to death row for the slaying of his pregnant wife, Laci.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:44:45 AM
Ten years ago: Joining a wave of public anger, President Barack Obama blistered insurance giant AIG for "recklessness and greed" for handing its executives $165 million in bonuses after taking billions in federal bailout money. British actress Natasha Richardson, 45, was fatally injured in a skiing accident at a resort in Quebec; she died two days later at a Manhattan hospital. Austrian Josef Fritzl pleaded guilty at the start of his trial to imprisoning his daughter for 24 years and fathering her seven children. (Two days later, Fritzl pleaded guilty to the remaining charges against him, including negligent homicide; he was sentenced to life in a psychiatric ward.)

Five years ago: Crimeans voted to leave Ukraine and join Russia, overwhelmingly approving a referendum that sought to unite the strategically important Black Sea region with the country it was part of for some 250 years. Mitch Leigh, 86, a successful advertising jingle writer whose attempt at writing for a Broadway show became the instant, celebrated hit "Man of La Mancha," died in New York.

One year ago: Singer Aretha Franklin canceled two upcoming concerts, saying a doctor had told her to stay off the road and rest completely for at least two months. (Franklin died five months later from pancreatic cancer.) Airstrikes in Syria killed more than 100 people as civilians fled besieged areas for a second straight day.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:46:40 AM
Today's Birthdays:

Country singer Ray Walker (The Jordanaires) is 85.
Game show host Chuck Woolery is 78.
Singer-songwriter Jerry Jeff Walker is 77.
Country singer Robin Williams is 72.
Actor Erik Estrada is 70.
Actor Victor Garber is 70.
Country singer Ray Benson (Asleep at the Wheel) is 68.
Bluegrass musician Tim O'Brien (Hot Rize; Earls of Leicester) is 65.
Rock singer-musician Nancy Wilson (Heart) is 65.
World Golf Hall of Famer Hollis Stacy is 65.
Actor Clifton Powell is 63.
Rapper-actor Flavor Flav (Public Enemy) is 60.
 Rock musician Jimmy DeGrasso is 56.
Actor Jerome Flynn is 56.
Folk singer Patty Griffin is 55.
Movie director Gore Verbinski is 55.
Country singer Tracy Bonham is 52.
Actress Lauren Graham is 52.
Actor Judah Friedlander (FREED'-lan-duhr) is 50.
Actor Alan Tudyk (TOO'-dihk) is 48.
Actor Tim Kang is 46.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Blu Cantrell is 43.
Actress Brooke Burns is 41.
Actress Kimrie Lewis is 37.
Actor Brett Davern is 36.
Actress Alexandra Daddario is 33.
Rhythm and blues singer Jhene Aiko is 31.
Rock musician Wolfgang Van Halen is 28.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 16, 2019, 08:46:57 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. had a different kind of kitty keeping me in bed.
cigar and coffee needed asap.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:47:06 AM
Thought for Today: "The only joy in the world is to begin." — Cesare Pavese (CHAY'-zah-ray pah-VAY'-zay), Italian novelist (1908-1950).
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:47:58 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. had a different kind of kitty keeping me in bed.
cigar and coffee needed asap.
At least this kind doesn't tear down the curtains.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:48:18 AM
Page 2, finally!
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:49:00 AM
Morning SCDave, UpInSmokeTony and PussyGaloreDean.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 16, 2019, 08:59:27 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. had a different kind of kitty keeping me in bed.
cigar and coffee needed asap.
At least this kind doesn't tear down the curtains.
don't be so sure about that.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 16, 2019, 10:12:32 AM
On my way to meet up with Charlie. A bunch of guys from his cigar lounge chartered a bus and we're going to CI and Famous today. Don't ask me how they were able to do this but we're being told that smoking and drinking are permitted on the bus.

It's not my name on the contract.
Don't ask questions and enjoy Tony!
Indeed.  Sounds like the shipping container party but on wheels.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 16, 2019, 10:14:03 AM
good morning Daves and Tony. had a different kind of kitty keeping me in bed.
cigar and coffee needed asap.
At least this kind doesn't tear down the curtains.
don't be so sure about that.
As long as she didn't escape out into the yard.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 16, 2019, 10:17:53 AM
Morning Dave's, RechargingDean, and PartyBusTony.  Chilly mid 40's here.  Heading out with the warden in a bit but already told her I ain't doin' no furniture stores.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 16, 2019, 10:31:18 AM
Started off the day with Aficionado's cigar of the year. Great stick.
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190316/5c6df0d93814a579316d588056bbefd3.jpg)(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190316/9645afab994fec7f534a1a6e195d61b0.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 16, 2019, 10:32:43 AM
It ain't the cleanest bus but it does the job. A bit bumpy too, sorry for the blurry photos.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on March 16, 2019, 10:37:26 AM
It ain't the cleanest bus but it does the job. A bit bumpy too, sorry for the blurry photos.
For those of us that can’t read blur, what EPC is that?  Also not as current on cigars as I once was.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 16, 2019, 10:40:47 AM
Morning Dave's, RechargingDean, and PartyBusTony.  Chilly mid 40's here.  Heading out with the warden in a bit but already told her I ain't doin' no furniture stores.
morning Mark.
telling her is one thing ......
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 16, 2019, 10:41:48 AM
morning Mike.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 16, 2019, 10:47:26 AM
It ain't the cleanest bus but it does the job. A bit bumpy too, sorry for the blurry photos.
For those of us that can’t read blur, what EPC is that?  Also not as current on cigars as I once was.
E.P. Carrillo Encore Majestic
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 16, 2019, 10:55:03 AM
It ain't the cleanest bus but it does the job. A bit bumpy too, sorry for the blurry photos.
For those of us that can’t read blur, what EPC is that?  Also not as current on cigars as I once was.
E.P. Carrillo Encore Majestic
It was..
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190316/eea3ba3a7ed8bc6c002f630f84b6c5cf.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: A Friend of Charlie on March 16, 2019, 11:44:33 AM
Next up, Micallef Experiencia churchill. Not as good as the EPC but still a nice cigar.(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190316/0639de3a8f401d6232a6616c498eea37.jpg)
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 12:03:00 PM
Morning Dean’O, ?Dave and PurseHolderBean.

Guy came about 8:45 to repair my boat lift, damn electric motors and a switch mechanism all went underwater during the flood.  Fortunately did not have to replace the motors, at least for now anyway.  Took him a couple of hours then did my walking.

Leftover hodge-podge for lunch.  Boiled shrimp for dinner tonight.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 01:37:16 PM
SHEESH!
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 01:37:34 PM
Bus Driver Lull?
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 03:10:50 PM
It ain't the cleanest bus but it does the job. A bit bumpy too, sorry for the blurry photos.
For those of us that can’t read blur, what EPC is that?  Also not as current on cigars as I once was.
New release called Encore.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 03:14:08 PM
I've seen the new Don Reynaldo's on some sites. Going for a little over $150 for box of 10.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 03:24:08 PM
I've seen the new Don Reynaldo's on some sites. Going for a little over $150 for box of 10.
Too many $ for my blood
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 16, 2019, 04:04:28 PM
But now O'Neal is getting a new title Broward County Deputy.

Shaquille O’Neal may be best know for his skills on the basketball court — and let’s be honest, his height — but in Broward he’s known as “Deputy Shaq.”.

The 47-year-old former NBA star now was honored Friday and was announced as the department's big free agent signing as an auxiliary deputy for the Broward Sheriff Office.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 16, 2019, 04:25:30 PM
Morning Dave's, RechargingDean, and PartyBusTony.  Chilly mid 40's here.  Heading out with the warden in a bit but already told her I ain't doin' no furniture stores.
morning Mark.
telling her is one thing ......
Furniture stores successfully avoided.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 04:35:10 PM
Morning Dave's, RechargingDean, and PartyBusTony.  Chilly mid 40's here.  Heading out with the warden in a bit but already told her I ain't doin' no furniture stores.
morning Mark.
telling her is one thing ......
Furniture stores successfully avoided.
Fabric Store?
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 16, 2019, 04:46:53 PM
Morning Dave's, RechargingDean, and PartyBusTony.  Chilly mid 40's here.  Heading out with the warden in a bit but already told her I ain't doin' no furniture stores.
morning Mark.
telling her is one thing ......
Furniture stores successfully avoided.
Fabric Store?
Two brief encounters with knickyknacky & jewelry/fashion type boutiques. In and out unscathed.  Spent the most time in a local winery retail outlet where we tasted wine and signed up for memberships.  No cost for the membership but committed to buying 15 bottles of wine a year,  Surprisingly good wine, especially for TX wines.  Members only patio and upstairs lounge, and a free generous glass of wine each a day!  Party on, Garth!
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 05:57:16 PM
Morning Dave's, RechargingDean, and PartyBusTony.  Chilly mid 40's here.  Heading out with the warden in a bit but already told her I ain't doin' no furniture stores.
morning Mark.
telling her is one thing ......
Furniture stores successfully avoided.
Fabric Store?
Two brief encounters with knickyknacky & jewelry/fashion type boutiques. In and out unscathed.  Spent the most time in a local winery retail outlet where we tasted wine and signed up for memberships.  No cost for the membership but committed to buying 15 bottles of wine a year,  Surprisingly good wine, especially for TX wines.  Members only patio and upstairs lounge, and a free generous glass of wine each a day!  Party on, Garth!
But can you smoke a cigar with your wine?
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Oyam18 on March 16, 2019, 06:04:36 PM
Happy St. Patrick’s day eve.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: FloridaDean on March 16, 2019, 06:17:36 PM
EPC 2nd. I like EPC 2nds.
kind of looks like a mug shot, huh?
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Threebean on March 16, 2019, 07:02:58 PM
Morning Dave's, RechargingDean, and PartyBusTony.  Chilly mid 40's here.  Heading out with the warden in a bit but already told her I ain't doin' no furniture stores.
morning Mark.
telling her is one thing ......
Furniture stores successfully avoided.
Fabric Store?
Two brief encounters with knickyknacky & jewelry/fashion type boutiques. In and out unscathed.  Spent the most time in a local winery retail outlet where we tasted wine and signed up for memberships.  No cost for the membership but committed to buying 15 bottles of wine a year,  Surprisingly good wine, especially for TX wines.  Members only patio and upstairs lounge, and a free generous glass of wine each a day!  Party on, Garth!
But can you smoke a cigar with your wine?
Not likely at that joint.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: South Carolina Redfish on March 16, 2019, 07:27:38 PM
EPC 2nd. I like EPC 2nds.
kind of looks like a mug shot, huh?
I never saw a mug that looked that bad😂
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:11:07 PM
EPC 2nd. I like EPC 2nds.
kind of looks like a mug shot, huh?
Yes, but that's pretty standard in your neck if the woods. So go with it.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:13:53 PM
Happy St. Patrick’s day eve.
Got my Illusione 88 candela at the ready.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:37:47 PM
Down below freezing tonight and tomorrow.  Hope this is the end of it!
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:38:51 PM
Daughter going out axe throwing again tonight. 😧
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:39:42 PM
Haven't gotten any more reports from Tony, WTF?
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:42:51 PM
Came across some interesting pictures while cleaning...my brothers wedding. My daughter that I'm holding is now 30....another WTF!
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 08:44:35 PM
Came across some interesting pictures while cleaning...my brothers wedding. My daughter that I'm holding is now 30....another WTF!
All the seated folks have now passed...
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Oyam18 on March 16, 2019, 09:47:25 PM
Came across some interesting pictures while cleaning...my brothers wedding. My daughter that I'm holding is now 30....another WTF!
time does fly
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: Travellin Dave on March 16, 2019, 11:08:45 PM
Guess we're not going to get to page 5 today.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on March 16, 2019, 11:39:19 PM
It ain't the cleanest bus but it does the job. A bit bumpy too, sorry for the blurry photos.
For those of us that can’t read blur, what EPC is that?  Also not as current on cigars as I once was.
E.P. Carrillo Encore Majestic
It was..
(https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190316/eea3ba3a7ed8bc6c002f630f84b6c5cf.jpg)
Thanks Antnee wherever you are.
Title: Re: 3/16/2019
Post by: cigarbreath on March 16, 2019, 11:57:33 PM
Came across some interesting pictures while cleaning...my brothers wedding. My daughter that I'm holding is now 30....another WTF!
Wondered who that young lad was holding the baby.